PDA

View Full Version : Adding Cards to multiple Decks when you have multiple copies.

TheSwallowsNest
09-23-2014, 11:58 PM
This is something that is quite annoying when trying to sell off your extra copies of cards.

Lets say I have 6 ragefires and I make several decks with them.

When adding a ragefire card to my deck it takes a seemingly random card of the 6 copies instead of first checking for a copy that is already in another deck.

Is that true or am I missing some trick that would make this easier?

This causes problems because if I later choose to sell of say, 2 of 6 my ragefires they will be spread out among my various decks.

This means I will first have to invalidate at least 1 or more of my decks by selling the card and then go back to the deckbuilder to add in the other copy that I didn't sell.

This problem gets to ridiculous levels with some staple common cards. 22 of my 38 Murders are attached to one or more of my decks.

I can deal with the occasional rare where I have more than 4 copies, but when crafting is implemented and I want to disenchant all these commons I have sitting around, this is going to be a nightmare.

If the AH can tell if a card is already attached to a deck, why can't the deck builder do the same?

Edit: This is probably not a bug, but a feature request. I meant this thread to go into general beta discussion and not bug reports. Sorry.

ossuary
09-24-2014, 04:13 AM
I have to agree that this is HIGHLY annoying. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point, but right now, it's a huge pain in the ass for people who use the AH a lot and also build a lot of decks. Part of the problem seems to be that the various UI pieces of the client sometimes put the cards in a random order (try listing about 10 copies of a common when you have a couple in decks; you will see the ones in decks jump all around the screen about half the time). Since they're being tracking by ID, they should ALWAYS be listed in every interface from oldest to newest, that way at least the older copies (the ones that will eventually have xp on them!) end up in your decks first. That would mostly solve the problem until they can actually upgrade the UI so we can choose exactly which cards to go into the decks.

eimerian
09-24-2014, 07:39 AM
This will be even more important once we have double backs, because every individual card in your collection will earn experience points. At least that was promised on KS, don't know if they changed their minds on this.
For example:
I would make sure that the 4 buccaneers in my gore feast deck are the very same 4 buccaneers that are in my sapphire blood control deck.

Yoss
09-24-2014, 01:07 PM
+1 to the OP. Very annoying.

Diesbudt
09-24-2014, 01:41 PM
It is very annoying.

That said they do track each card individually because when they implement card backs and xp and foils, they will have to be recognized separately.