PDA

View Full Version : New Patcher Coming

Shaqattaq
09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
We’ve updated HEX quite a bit and it will require a new patcher download.

https://hextcg.com/new-patcher-coming/

asdf2000
09-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Why am I so excited for this I haven't been following this game nearly as long as most people here. I can't imagine how much they anticipate each update lol.

Pezzle
09-24-2014, 09:30 AM
We’ve update HEX quite a bit and it will require a new patcher download.

https://hextcg.com/new-patcher-coming/

Any chance for more details? Even a cherry picked list of fixes or improvements would be appreciated.

schild
09-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Any chance for more details? Even a cherry picked list of fixes or improvements would be appreciated.

"More" or "any," dealer's choice.

asdf2000
09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I am guessing we will hear things friday.

Pezzle
09-24-2014, 09:39 AM
I am guessing we will hear things friday.

Well.. uhhh

Thanks for the warning then?

The_Lannisters
09-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Open beta by Wednesday? :p

Hatts
09-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow, we have a date! Hoping for a massive patch filled with oft promised pending features. Expecting a new patcher and not much else.

aargre
09-24-2014, 10:30 AM
The Article says
you will need to download the new patch installer from HEXTCG.com and re-install HEX
Will it overwrite the previous installation or do you recommend a uninstall first?

Phenteo
09-24-2014, 10:31 AM
The Article says
Will it overwrite the previous installation or do you recommend a uninstall first?

It is best to do a fresh install.

fido_one
09-24-2014, 10:42 AM
It reminds me of the reboot of Battlestar Galactica when the Scifi channel (at the time) and Sky1 were bopping it around to see if it was a viable franchise or not. I mean WAY back in the beginning where there was all this nerd rage of the reboot and after watching the pilot you realize that the backlash probably killed what was going to be one of the best shows on television. Then god-knows-how-long until they greenlit and started the 1st season, then the ifs/ands/whens for the second, 3rd seasons, etc. And then what, a solid year after the writer's strike happened before development started up again (if it was going to start up again)? etc. etc.

I was SOOO happy when it ended simply because it meant I was no longer going to be on tender hooks for 6 years to see how the damn thing played out.

I feel like the progression on Hex is the same - I don't have the patience for waiting this long but it's got me like BSG did so regardless of how long it takes I'm going to be there when it comes out like it or not.

Thrawn
09-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I feel like the progression on Hex is the same - I don't have the patience for waiting this long but it's got me like BSG did so regardless of how long it takes I'm going to be there when it comes out like it or not.

So Hex is going to start out great, drop off in the middle, get weird near the finish and have one of the worst endings ever?

syphonhail
09-24-2014, 10:57 AM
It is best to do a fresh install.

Are we losing Decklists again?

fido_one
09-24-2014, 11:00 AM
So Hex is going to start out great, drop off in the middle, get weird near the finish and have one of the worst endings ever?

Oh foo - these days I think the ending was awesome.

When it aired I hated the ending, hated it - binged on some BSG about 2 years ago and it sat a helluva lot better with me the second go around. As a whole BSG was friggin'/frackin' crazy-awesome - it consistently messed with story telling tropes and knocked it out of the park more often than it failed (though yeah, it really did fail sometimes, 'Black Market' anyone?). Hex is messing with the general TCG equation as much as BSG messed with serials/sci-fi at the time IMO, so I expect Hex to have its fair share of missteps and controversies through its life. I think we've already gone through the Tigh Me Up/Tigh me Down episode (I hope).

ossuary
09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Oh foo - these days I think the ending was awesome.

Really? ...wow.

fido_one
09-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Really? ...wow.

Yeah, I know. Seriously though, when was the last time you saw the series as a whole? Watching it back to back, it smooths out some of the rough edges and the ending just kind of .... fits. There are still [major] things wrong with it, no doubt, but I spent most of the binge dreading the final episode and was surprised to find out it wasn't nearly as bad as I had remembered.

...and then, after thinking about it I started saying 'I like it'.... and then 'I like it a lot.'

HaemishM
09-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Will this patch fix the Eternal Guardian bug? Or any of the other outstanding bugs?

Glae
09-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Sooooo happy for getting more than one update a week. Please let the Friday update be a comprehensive list of all the things we can (barring unforeseen circumstances) expect to see. What bugs will be fixed, what improvements will be made, etc.

Phanteo I assume this update is your doing, thank you!

jrj8541
09-24-2014, 11:36 AM
His doing? While I appreciate the new CM he probably had less to do with the update than anyone on the team! Give the programmers some love!

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Are we losing Decklists again?

Its just a new patcher - all account data will be saved of course. All the data is kept server-side, so all you are getting is a shiny new client to play it from.

About the only thing that might be lost would be resolution settings.

Hopefully Friday includes a projected changelog (assuming no bugs are discovered over the weekend to delay certain parts of the patch, etc.)

ManFish
09-24-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm so excited ! :cool:

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Excited....

Glae
09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
His doing? While I appreciate the new CM he probably had less to do with the update than anyone on the team! Give the programmers some love!

Lol. The biggest props to the programmers for doing all the actual coding. To clarify, I meant that I was guessing Phanteo was the one who did the bonus Wednesday update, as opposed to waiting to just do a normal Friday update. I appreciate more updates.

Glae
09-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Its just a new patcher - all account data will be saved of course. All the data is kept server-side, so all you are getting is a shiny new client to play it from.

About the only thing that might be lost would be resolution settings.

Hopefully Friday includes a projected changelog (assuming no bugs are discovered over the weekend to delay certain parts of the patch, etc.)

The last time there was a new patcher and client, we did lose decklists. It is a valid question that I would also appreciate an advance answer to so I can do screen shots etc.

Thrawn
09-24-2014, 12:41 PM
The last time there was a new patcher and client, we did lose decklists. It is a valid question that I would also appreciate an advance answer to so I can do screen shots etc.

The safe bet would be to take the screen shots anyways. For all we know it's possible the format the current decks lists are saved in isn't even compatible with the new UI.

Saeijou
09-24-2014, 12:43 PM
The safe bet would be to take the screen shots anyways. For all we know it's possible the format the current decks lists are saved in isn't even compatible with the new UI.

Thank you for that comment! I would hate it to lose all my decks!

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 12:52 PM

We also lost the 4x playsets and everything else around the same time - there was a pretty good reason for that. :p

Yeah, when in doubt, just do the safe thing anyway. I am 99% sure there will be no lost decklists, but if you are worried, save the lists.

a-V-e-n
09-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Great news.

When we release the new patch on Tuesday, September 30th

We’ll post here on HEXTCG.com highlighting those features, as well as a time for the patch release.
So, the patch release is 30th Sept or we should keep F5'ing the site for release time? Or is the last sentence referencing the exact time (hour) of patch release?

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Great news.

So, the patch release is 30th Sept or we should keep F5'ing the site for release time? Or is the last sentence referencing the exact time (hour) of patch release?

Probably the hour of the day - they have been doing that lately, so people know when tournaments go down.

Yoss
09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
I too would like to know if I need to save my decks. I still haven't been able to remember/rebuild all the ones I had in Alpha that just vanished overnight.

...and YAY patch day! Best day of the week! (or is it Quarter?)

Shaqattaq
09-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Fear not. Your decks will be held safe within the halls of your family's keep.

Aradon
09-24-2014, 02:07 PM

Trying not to read too much into this :)

jimmywolf
09-24-2014, 02:36 PM
so i was lurking the site like normal, wanted too see if any new info an BAM! patch coming soon, o my! love the art you guys use an am look forward too when things settle an you can produce art books or random art posters would be nice.

LNQ
09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Will the Mac version be updated right away or will we have to wait in limbo? Sometimes the Mac version has had a slight delay and I imagine an update like this could suffer from this kind of a problem.

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Will the Mac version be updated right away or will we have to wait in limbo? Sometimes the Mac version has had a slight delay and I imagine an update like this could suffer from this kind of a problem.

With the new patcher, there is a small risk of this I imagine. But based on recent patches, it should be pushed at the same time. Especially since they can actually update everything behind the scenes ahead of time, and just not give the patcher download link until the patch is complete. :p

Counter
09-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Nice to see some progress, been noticing significant drops in player population. Looking forward to new client and weekly patch updates here on out. Even if each week it's only 1 or 2 small fixes, it's better than nothing.

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I too would like to know if I need to save my decks. I still haven't been able to remember/rebuild all the ones I had in Alpha that just vanished overnight.

...and YAY patch day! Best day of the week! (or is it Quarter?)

Year?

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 03:27 PM

This question too!

Shaqattaq
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM

We currently look good on releasing the two versions simultaneously. /crosses fingers for luck

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 03:35 PM
We currently look good on releasing the two versions simultaneously. /crosses fingers for luck

Fingers and toes crossed!

kafuka
09-24-2014, 05:33 PM
are there some spoiler screenshots of new UI or something else that we can have a look?

Yoss
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM
The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 05:42 PM
are there some spoiler screenshots of new UI or something else that we can have a look?

We need something tomget us til Tuesday. That's like 7 days away!

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 05:48 PM
We need something tomget us til Tuesday. That's like 7 days away!

6, and yeah, some updated screenshots (that weren't blurry shots off a screen) would go down well.

ossuary
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM

Thank you for this, Mr. Wonka. :)

Malcolm
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM
:o
No one ever gets that quote when I say it; thank you Yoss.

And thats CM for the update as well as the advice to fresh install. Will there be mirror sites in case of heavy traffic?

ossuary
09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't expect them to have thought to set up mirrors at this point. We should gird ourselves in advance and expect a very slow download for all concerned. The servers will be absolutely smashed, as all the "patch day only" players crawl out of the woodwork, and the "oh god give me new stuff now!" players vie for dominance in the download queue. ;)

Chiany
09-24-2014, 08:59 PM

Woohoo we won't get Keeps with this Patch!!!!

N3rd4Christ
09-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Woohoo we get Keeps with this Patch!!!!

Extra extra! Read all about it! Keeps next update!

McCloud68
09-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Very much looking forward to next week now!

Lockon
09-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Woohoo we get Keeps with this Patch!!!!

Man, don't mess with me. Seriously, the keeps are the only permanent upgrades we seem to have LEFT in PVE(And if the only thing I unlock are slots and character creation options... I probably would still play, but I'd be very disappointed. I like meaningful levelups, it's one of my favorite parts of RPGs, gaining new powers and abilities, and not having anything like that other than getting new cards[Which I would liken unto equipment in other games, with the champ equips acting more like mods than anything.] would sadden me greatly. I still don't like the Might system, although some modifications MIGHT change my mind about it.) so don't get my hopes up prematurely. I'm not that strong.

Chiany
09-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Man, don't mess with me. Seriously, the keeps are the only permanent upgrades we seem to have LEFT in PVE(And if the only thing I unlock are slots and character creation options... I probably would still play, but I'd be very disappointed. I like meaningful levelups, it's one of my favorite parts of RPGs, gaining new powers and abilities, and not having anything like that other than getting new cards[Which I would liken unto equipment in other games, with the champ equips acting more like mods than anything.] would sadden me greatly. I still don't like the Might system, although some modifications MIGHT change my mind about it.) so don't get my hopes up prematurely. I'm not that strong.

Mea Culpa, I editted my original post, just for you ;)

ossuary
09-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Now you just seem weirdly excited about a feature not being ready yet. ;)

Gwaer
09-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Cards are not equivalent to equipment in RPGs. They are definitely equivalent to abilities. No question about it. Cards are what do the things. Equipment modifies those things. In RPGs abilities are what do the hings and equipment modifies those abilities.

RCDv57
09-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I hope this means what I think it means otherwise this is just mean if you know what I mean

nicosharp
09-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Can't wait to see the full patch notes. We Hunger!

(Edited: for Forum Elitists everywhere)

Chiany
09-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Literally can't wait to see the full patch notes. We Hunger!

They save those for the Friday update. What else are they gonna say in them?

Yoss
09-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Literally can't wait to see the full patch notes. We Hunger!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

nicosharp
09-25-2014, 12:57 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
I've seen that video countless times. 'Literally' being used out of context is fun to do. You can't make everyone happy. Stop trollin Yoss!

Shaqattaq
09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
There are no keeps this patch, but lots of other fun features!

N3rd4Christ
09-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Like?

Thrawn
09-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Like?

Draft tournaments, proving grounds, sealed tournaments, constructed tournaments and an auction house.

N3rd4Christ
09-25-2014, 01:43 PM
Draft tournaments, proving grounds, sealed tournaments, constructed tournaments and an auction house.

Mind blown!

Shaqattaq
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM

That sounds like an awesome game.

Hatts
09-25-2014, 02:42 PM

I'd totally back that on kickstarter.

Thrawn
09-25-2014, 02:46 PM

It has a lot of potential, you should check it out. - http://hextcg.com/

I'll even toss you some free cards once trading is in if you're interested.

bootlace
09-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Can we have a riddle or some complicated puzzle as to what the patch constitutes, the wait is killing me :(

DataDragon
09-25-2014, 03:46 PM

Mac and PC clients are now built at the same time, so there should no longer be a delay.
In the past, some of those delays were often external to the client itself.
I personally play on a Mac, and I run the builds, so I imagine it will be simultaneous. :>

Chiany
09-25-2014, 08:57 PM

You to ruin it, didn't you.

Shaqattaq makes me a sad panda :(

Yoss
09-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Stop trollin Yoss!

Yes, please stop trollin' Yoss, nico. :D

nicosharp
09-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Yes, please stop trollin' Yoss, nico. :D
http://makeameme.org/media/created/The-Internet-Tough.jpg

Odai
09-25-2014, 11:54 PM

I only saw the beginning and the drop off from this game. They are faaaar faaaar away from a middle and even more from a ending. o.O

LNQ
09-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Datadragon for president!

Samurai
09-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Still no patch notes? Would be awesome to read if there is somethings to read ofc xD

ossuary
09-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Patch notes are never posted until the server is actually down for patching.

Huxow
09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
The decks are stored by servers right? so they don't get lost... when i reinstall..?

Gwaer
09-27-2014, 06:13 AM
The decks are stored by servers right? so they don't get lost... when i reinstall..?
Correct