PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Legionnaire of Gawaine + Uruunaz

ossuary
09-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey all,

I just lost a tournament match due to a new bug that we discovered.

If you steal a Legionnaire of Gawaine with Uruunaz, the Legionnaire will deal its damage to the person you stole it from, even though it isn't inspired by anything when it comes into play on your side.

The situation:

I had a Legionnaire, a Clergyman, a Mentalist, a Victoria, an Alexander, and a Phoenix Guard Trainer all in my graveyard. My opponent cast Uruunaz and stole my Legionnaire. It did 5 damage to me, gained him 5 life, and he drew a card. It should not have done any of this, since there was nothing in play on his own to inspire the Legionnaire.

It ACTED like it was counting the times it had originally been inspired, even though it didn't receive any new buffs (it didn't get an extra "draw a card" tag or an extra +1/+1). But normally, if you replay a Legionnaire that has previously been inspired if there are no more inspire troops in play, it does 0 damage. It is only supposed to count the valid troops in play (or with Blessing the Fallen) when it actually hits the table that turn.

The extra damage and the extra card my opponent drew with this bug ended up costing me the game, as I would have survived an extra turn and had lethal damage available if I hadn't been down 5 and him up 5. I'll be submitting a ticket to support on this as well.

N3rd4Christ
09-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Great catch

ossuary
09-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I just wish I had found it some other time, instead of round 1 of the VIP tournament, in a very close match. :p

Lefto
09-26-2014, 11:48 AM
I just wish I had found it some other time, instead of round 1 of the VIP tournament, in a very close match. :p

I wonder what your compensation will be, should you ask for one from the support.

nicosharp
09-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Is that truly a bug? I think it may be a permanent modifier. The text on Legionnaire of Gawaine could be argued either way.

Would be interesting to get the Hex Developers thoughts on this?

I think I see what you are saying that, if you ever replay a Legionnaire that had already been inspired it doesn't work this way?

ossuary
09-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah, if you replay a legionnaire after a board wipe (say you use Time Ripple to save just him, and there is no Blessing the Fallen in play), he does absolutely nothing when he comes into play. That was what we were both expecting to happen, but for some reason it triggered the damage (and his attached abilities of lifedrain and draw a card), even though he did NOT pick up the actual inspires from my graveyard - if he had, he would have drawn 2 cards and been an extra +1/+1 larger.

Basically, there's no way there wasn't a bug of some sort here. Either he did damage when he wasn't supposed to, or he was supposed to get buffed up even more but didn't. Based on the way he works when you replay him with nothing left to inspire him, he did damage when he shouldn't have, which cost me the game. :)

Khazrakh
09-26-2014, 02:11 PM
We'll just have to wait and see what the devs are going to say about it ;)
It didn't cost you the match though (although both games were VERY close) as I didn't attack you the round I resurrected the Legionnaire because of the bug. Since he was 5/5 flying speed lifedrain the effect would have been the same.

ossuary
09-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Except that he was then not exhausted, so I couldn't get through with the speed lifedrain card draw clergy-buffed falconer I was holding in my hand that would have been lethal damage to you with only uruunaz to block. With the extra blocker, I was one troop short, so I had to hold back. Even if you survived, you would have had to lose uruunaz to do it (and I would have been another 20ish life up), and having him still in play is really what that game came down to. It should have gone to round 3. :)

Khazrakh
09-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Ah I see, I'm really sorry to hear that. You could have told me though, I would not have used the Legionnaire to block because without the bug he would have been exhausted.
Let's hope support can fix that then :)

ossuary
09-27-2014, 04:15 AM
It's okay, that's just how it goes sometimes. I mean, I say I would have won, but who knows if you would have been able to counter it or get another blocker out or something? You can only really ever see 1-2 moves ahead in a situation like that when you talk about what "would have" happened. I guess the real point is that the bug denied us the opportunity to complete the match properly.

I still had a good time, though. ;)