PDA

View Full Version : Your Feature Presentation

Shaqattaq
09-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Scheduled for September 30th, Patch “King Gabriel” is the biggest release since the introduction of the Auction House. It improves HEX Shards of Fate from top to bottom. The major changes have improved the game now and, more importantly, set us up for even more improvements in the future. You’ll be able to see all the changes and upgrades in the patch notes next week. Today, we’ll outline the new features that are coming to the game.

https://hextcg.com/your-feature-presentation/

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Woohoo, trading by mail! Its been so hard waiting for this announcement. :D

plaguedealer
09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
good going keep it up, I am excited

hex_colin
09-26-2014, 06:20 PM
The amount of work that went into this patch on all of the underlying systems (as well as the obvious stuff we can see ;)) is incredible - the team is doing a great job! :)

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 06:24 PM
The amount of work that went into this patch on all of the underlying systems (as well as the obvious stuff we can see ;)) is incredible - the team is doing a great job! :)

Yep, can't argue there. The devs had their work cut out for them on this one, and look to be delivering a stunning update.

Mahes
09-26-2014, 06:25 PM
HA!!! called it. New AI system being tested.

Sergan
09-26-2014, 06:27 PM
excellent.. finally trading.

Mahes
09-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes and one more Hurrah for a feature so much welcomed.

"Pass....too.....end phase". Thank you.

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah, like I said elsewhere, these are some of the biggest QoL changes that have been requested - with these and set 2/Arena, people won't have much to gripe about for a long time :p

asdf2000
09-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Serious progress! Excellent !

darkwonders
With AI improvement, that's gotta mean Arena is right around the corner, right? Right?!?

AswanJaguar
Yes and one more Hurrah for a feature so much welcomed.

"Pass....too.....end phase". Thank you.

My #1 feature request. This is going to make the games SO much faster to play. Plus hotkey support, an added bonus. Thanks Dev team!

fitzle
09-26-2014, 06:39 PM
People will always have room to gripe Xenavire!

Great patch guys! I'm really looking forward to trading. Finally all those HEX streamers can give me all the rewards I've won over the past year. About freaking time. :p

QuartZ
09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks a lot! We were waiting for these for some time!
Now we just have to brake everything XD

GJ

bootlace
09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
PASS PRIORITY IS IN!

REJOICE!

Everything looking very crisp, thanks for the hard work!

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 06:42 PM
People will always have room to gripe Xenavire!

Great patch guys! I'm really looking forward to trading. Finally all those HEX streamers can give me all the rewards I've won over the past year. About freaking time. :p

Well, 'not much' is an improvement over 'a lot'! :D

HellFro
09-26-2014, 06:44 PM
All hail cory!

Mahes
09-26-2014, 06:46 PM
All hail the team...

ossuary
09-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Very nice indeed!

New UI, skip to combat/end phase, new AI, direct mail trading, plus bugfixes. This is a stellar patch. Can't wait! :)

Any word on whether or not the VIP AA are definitely making it in for Tuesday as well? And have the cards / inventory stash items that couldn't be posted on the AH or show up incorrectly been fixed?

I need to find someone to trade me a Portensio and a Gax. :p

RCDv57
09-26-2014, 06:55 PM
As the AI has been improved would it be possible to give it some high powered decks?

darkwonders
09-26-2014, 06:57 PM
All hail cory!

Yes. All hail me! (My name is also Cory :) )

hex_colin
As the AI has been improved would it be possible to give it some high powered decks?

That's what Arena is for! :)

magic_gazz
So many improvements, good work. Very excited about the mail, will have to think of something to do with it.

I just pray that they fixed Relentless Corruption, it is my favourite card in the game but the bugs are pretty annoying.

Pegasus
09-26-2014, 06:58 PM
One concern about sending cards by mail:

Can a shady person create multiple accounts and send free starter deck rares to their main account? (gore feast still worth ~100 plat now)

darkwonders
09-26-2014, 06:59 PM

Can a shady person create multiple accounts and send free starter deck rares to their main account? (gore feast still worth ~100 plat now)

Cards in the free starter deck are soul-bound.

hex_colin
09-26-2014, 06:59 PM

I just assume that the Starter Deck rares will be worthless when we get to Open Beta.

BirdieG
09-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Yay! Best patch on my birthday :3

Lockon
09-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Cards in the free starter deck are soul-bound.

No they're not, I've sold them.

Anyway, nice substantial patch, good and meaty. The UI is okay, I don't personally care about looks beyond info conveyance, but, hey, they're nice for what they are.

The options to skip to attack and end phases is REALLY nice, the surprise hit of the patch IMNTBHO, streamlining one of the most frustratingly clunky aspects of the gam in its current state.

Mail trading, hell, it's about time. And I've never even played StarCraft.(...Wow, it's even bigger than I thought, it gets auto-corrected.) Anyway, FINALLY, this is a real TCG now. No more AH silliness for me.

AI, this is probably going to be the one that takes the longest to iron out here, so many ways it can go wrong, but, hey, I'm glad to see tangible progress on the PVE side of things, even if the AI sucks, it's good to see that SOMETHING is getting done.

The AH upgrades, well, they're the disappointing ones here, there's almost no substantial improvements here, just UI improvements, which everything else gets ON TOP of their own upgrades. Easily the bottom of the barrel, but, hey, the barrel's full of nice stuff, so it slides for now.

KingGabriel
09-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Birdie - this must be my present for you as its labeled like that - i def didn't just forget to get you anything :rolleyes:

darkwonders
09-26-2014, 07:23 PM
No they're not, I've sold them.

Huh. They must have changed their minds. I could have sworn they were going to make them soul-bound.

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Huh. They must have changed their minds. I could have sworn they were going to make them soul-bound.

It is less about 'changing minds' and more about 'it wasn't worth coding yet'. Open Beta is the real killer, so... Well, I hope they get to work on it, but I think they will probably get it in before set 2 starter decks go live. Set 1's boat sailed with the hundreds of starters gifted in the kickstarter. :p

ManofPeace
09-26-2014, 07:27 PM

It was discussed widely among players and generally accepted that those cards should be soul-bound/BOA. I have never seen an official statement from any orange even when directly questioned (in online communication. in person may be different).

Edit:
'it wasn't worth coding yet'.
Source? Because soul bound is literally a flag in the code.

funktion
09-26-2014, 07:28 PM
AI improvements? Trading? Hotkeys? All signs point to FLIPPING AWESOME!

Hopefully this means that Arena isn't too far around the corner with the AI improvements coming into play.

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Very nice indeed!

New UI, skip to combat/end phase, new AI, direct mail trading, plus bugfixes. This is a stellar patch. Can't wait! :)

Any word on whether or not the VIP AA are definitely making it in for Tuesday as well? And have the cards / inventory stash items that couldn't be posted on the AH or show up incorrectly been fixed?

I need to find someone to trade me a Portensio and a Gax. :p

Didn't see this before... Yeah, it sounds very much like the AA's will be in - possibly not the collector AA though, but the VIP AA sounds almost guaranteed based on the ingame chat etc.

darkwonders
09-26-2014, 07:30 PM
It is less about 'changing minds' and more about 'it wasn't worth coding yet'. Open Beta is the real killer, so... Well, I hope they get to work on it, but I think they will probably get it in before set 2 starter decks go live. Set 1's boat sailed with the hundreds of starters gifted in the kickstarter. :p

Well the starters gifted in Kickstarter are akin to the $10 ones you can purchase now, so those were never intended to be soul-bound. But yeah, there's an endless sea of cards out there right now anyways.

Vorpal
09-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Good patch there is a lot in here. I look forward to seeing the new UI, and am really happy to see the new AI come out. Makes arena seem not so far away.

A LOT of work went into this patch.

silverlocke
09-26-2014, 07:32 PM
patch looks great, but I am curious about the new font.

It looks so wide, and the letters are practically touching each other on the cards. It is giving me a bit of eyestrain.

Why is this?

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/New_AuctionHouse.jpg

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 07:32 PM
It was discussed widely among players and generally accepted that those cards should be soul-bound/BOA. I have never seen an official statement from any orange even when directly questioned (in online communication. in person may be different).

Edit:
Source? Because soul bound is literally a flag in the code.

They need to be able to differentiate between copies of the cards, and not accidentally flag more copies. Not to mention other issues that would crop up...

And they absolutely said at least once that the starter decks would be soulbound. I couldn't tell you how old that info is, because it was from before beta, but it seems likely that the info is still the same, and set 1 is just being ignored (since the ship sailed the moment the AH went live.)

There is a chance that the cards will end up being bound when Double backs go live, but only for new accounts created after that point.

Shivdaddy
09-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Well I know I want a patch named after me now!

KingGabriel
09-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Well I know I want a patch named after me now! The AH patch was called Zoltog I think.

ossuary
09-26-2014, 08:15 PM
You wouldn't want a patch named after me, ossuary would be the "send it out to die" patch where a developer washes their hands of a game and says they won't make any more updates or support it any more. :p

dojadoug
09-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Pretty awesome! Just a couple questions/comments...

1) So you can send cards via mail. But suppose you work out a private trade with someone. What ensures they mail your cards back? Is it currently an honor system or is there a built in "accept/decline" method?

2) One of the bigger issues currently, imo, is the lost time by players with slower connections or slower computers. In a best-of-three, its painful to lose one minute per turn when you're clicking and pressing space as fast as you can. I'm hopeful that this new game flow method will help reduce this problem, although some future adjustments to the clock ticker may still be needed.

Chiany
09-26-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't really get all the excitement about this patch...

The only thing to be (slightly) excited by is the new AI, since that will hopefully bring us closer to PVE.
But since this is just the first version, I'm afraid we won't be seeing PVE in the next few months, which is just sad.

ManofPeace
09-26-2014, 08:23 PM
They need to be able to differentiate between copies of the cards, and not accidentally flag more copies. Not to mention other issues that would crop up...

When you select cards to tell and it has that green thing to mark cards in decks, that's an example of being able to differentiate cards. They can already discern between different objects. Any speculation as to why soulbound hasn't been implemented yet is just baseless unless you have some inside information you'd like to share.

And they absolutely said at least once that the starter decks would be soulbound. I couldn't tell you how old that info is, because it was from before beta, but it seems likely that the info is still the same, and set 1 is just being ignored (since the ship sailed the moment the AH went live.)
Well that's a fairly weak basis for using the word absolutely but I'll believe you for the moment. We already know things they've said in the past aren't set in stone. 5+ months of silence on the subject is far more relevant but I digress. The damage has been "done" (or sailed) as you've said. While I'm deviating from the topic, I think it's poor form to constantly speculate with words like "should", "could", "chance", and speak for CZE's thought process. It's far simpler to simply state what we know is currently true rather than (un)intentionally imply certain things about the future.

WellSkilledNoob
09-26-2014, 08:30 PM

The only thing to be (slightly) excited by is the new AI, since that will hopefully bring us closer to PVE.
But since this is just the first version, I'm afraid we won't be seeing PVE in the next few months, which is just sad.

Have to agree to this. Sure, all that stuff in the patch is nice to have, but actually no reason to start playing again due to lack of new content... :/

plaguedealer
09-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I think this is the start of a new wave of content. Be patient I feel that good things are coming soon (not being sarcastic)

N3rd4Christ
09-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Why thank yuou. You guys are awe-azing!!!

Saeijou
09-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Amazing patch! Finally everyone will be happy :) Hopefully no complains for a long time :)

Thanks for the effort guys!

nickon
09-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Didn't see this before... Yeah, it sounds very much like the AA's will be in - possibly not the collector AA though, but the VIP AA sounds almost guaranteed based on the ingame chat etc.

https://hextcg.com/vip-tournament-weekend/

Currently, Xentoth’s Inquisitor and Menacing Gralk alternate art cards are not in the game.
Q: When will these cards be in the game?
A: The two cards will be added with the next patch, currently scheduled for Tuesday, September 30th.

If you were expecting to see PvE in this update that was just too optimistic. Personally I'm moderately excited, for one because they are putting out a big patch (which has been quite a while now) and they appear to be patching again the day after. I hope they get the dev team steamrolling from here on. Content wise its not that great of a patch (AI) but at least its one that contributes to PvE.

Barkam
09-26-2014, 11:55 PM
What disappointed people seem to be missing is that we are now on the new Unity platform. Changes and updates should come in faster now as we are all using the same client as the devs moving forward. I now expect hot fixes for bugs. :D

Cernz
09-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Pretty awesome! Just a couple questions/comments...

1) So you can send cards via mail. But suppose you work out a private trade with someone. What ensures they mail your cards back? Is it currently an honor system or is there a built in "accept/decline" method?

I guess you can only mail them without beeing able to handle a fixed deal,... this is was direct trading will be in the future. For mail trading you need to pick your trading partners wisely or the scam shall begin...

But at least the streamers can send out their stuff, and you can mail your cards to your friends to help them building up their collection.

spankydonkey
09-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Is this a bone, I see before me.
Well done one and all, its great to see some progress.
Here's hoping it's going to be coming thick and fast from now on.

Edswor
09-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Have to agree to this. Sure, all that stuff in the patch is nice to have, but actually no reason to start playing again due to lack of new content... :/

I'm the opposite. I can't wait to get the new patch and see the new interface, send objects by mail, etc (and more, since I'll get the 2 AA from the VIP tournament).

Also I'm very curious to see to which version of Unity the upgrade the game and see if the current broken cards are fixed (and I hope that if some are not, they fix them soon enough). Well, may be the don't do a fix card pass until the release of set 2.

Graveos
09-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Man it's been a killer weekend and reading these update notes just topped it off! Such a much welcomed and needed patch! The UI update is looking very schmick and trading via mail just made me very happy because I can finally hook up my mates with some new cards that had reserves about purchasing. Well played CZE.. well played... oh and queue the "No PVE?" QQ..

KingGabriel
09-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Queue the qq? What a tongue-twister. I'm looking forward to not having to list 200 commons on the AH when i feel like giving out stuff. Stilll not giving away my aa vics though.

Chiany
09-27-2014, 12:35 AM
If you were expecting to see PvE in this update that was just too optimistic. Personally I'm moderately excited, for one because they are putting out a big patch (which has been quite a while now) and they appear to be patching again the day after. I hope they get the dev team steamrolling from here on. Content wise its not that great of a patch (AI) but at least its one that contributes to PvE.

no I wasn't expecting PVE, but besides as you said it being the first major patch in months, it doesn't offer much that will make ppl play Hex more, as someone above said.

All things that will be in this patch are just updates to make it more Shiny, or offer little solutions to current problems.

I didn't read anything about a patch the next day, where did you see this?

Odai
09-27-2014, 12:39 AM

Same, i dont see why its the "biggest release" okay finally trading (its about time)
Yeah im waiting for PvE as well, at their speed we can be happy having that 2015.

AswanJaguar
09-27-2014, 12:39 AM
it doesn't offer much that will make ppl play Hex more, as someone above said.

The priority passing shortcuts and bug fixes will get me playing a whole lot more than I have been. It's been very frustrating since the last patch and this will hopefully address everything they broke.

Samurai
09-27-2014, 12:56 AM

I like changes but im half disappointed because they dont include even opening chest to bring people more fun from this game. Still just new UI, bug fix, mail trading (what is nice but only rich players will be happy on this). So yeah patch is nice but little thing like opening chest would bring this patch more shiny.

Edswor
09-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Same, i dont see why its the "biggest release" okay finally trading (its about time)
Yeah im waiting for PvE as well, at their speed we can be happy having that 2015.

The biggest change in this patch is the use of a new version of Unity IMO.

Tagrel
09-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Really nice work guys, keep it up.

I'll be having to do some work myself the coming week it seems. Now that the mail thingy is in I'll have to set up my weekly raffle for a play set of commons.

Athravan
09-27-2014, 01:47 AM
The screenshots look great, can't wait to try it out. Haven't played for a while but been keeping up to date with the news and this is definitely enough to make me come and play a few tournaments :)

Vorsa
09-27-2014, 01:59 AM
Looking forward to the lovely new UI. :)

I wonder how the AI handles "Proceed to..." presses; ideally it has its moves mapped out, and will agree to proceed unless it has a contradictory move planned.

AstaSyneri
09-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Trade by mail certainly is the key here, followed by AI improvements. The latter not so much by itself, but as a harbinger of things to come.

Let's see how quickly we can break things ;-).

Patrigan
09-27-2014, 02:48 AM
Anyone else noticed the Jovial Pipit in the AH screenshot?

Seems like they've been adding some PvE cards! This means PvE is getting closer!

Samurai
09-27-2014, 03:47 AM
@up I dont see links with it. It is just screenshoot with ugly Name card font ;p

Xenavire
09-27-2014, 03:49 AM
Jovial Pippet is a set 2 card, and thats the gencon AA. People already own them, but can't use them.

Khendral
09-27-2014, 03:54 AM
I noticed a VIP tournament that had a size of 0/1024 in one screenshot. :)

SilentMage
09-27-2014, 06:58 AM
This is incredible - great work guys! "Pity" that I'll be leaving for a long vacation on October 1st so I won't be able to fully appreciate all of the new, front-facing changes until I return - but I cannot wait! And card trading was exactly what I was waiting for as well. Hopefully some long-time backers could spot a card or two? ;)

~SilentMage

Showsni
09-27-2014, 08:04 AM
So, we have Auction House, and now we're getting giving cards to people, but we don't yet actually have trading, right? Where you choose a certain number of cards/gold/whatever, your friend does the same, then you both have to click agree on a screen showing what the other person is giving you to actually make the trade. I'm slightly wary that people might attempt to do trades using the mail feature, which will then rely entirely on the honour system - if we're not careful, people could end up getting scammed this way. So actual trading is a must to implement ASAP now to avoid this. "I'll mail you my King Gabriel if you mail me your Ottawa" and then King Gabriel never shows up.

ManFish
09-27-2014, 08:29 AM
So, we have Auction House, and now we're getting giving cards to people, but we don't yet actually have trading, right? Where you choose a certain number of cards/gold/whatever, your friend does the same, then you both have to click agree on a screen showing what the other person is giving you to actually make the trade. I'm slightly wary that people might attempt to do trades using the mail feature, which will then rely entirely on the honour system - if we're not careful, people could end up getting scammed this way. So actual trading is a must to implement ASAP now to avoid this. "I'll mail you my King Gabriel if you mail me your Ottawa" and then King Gabriel never shows up.

I'm sure the devs have this in mind :)

small OT:

Any info on the observer/spectator feature? Can't recall if it was mentioned at all since kickstarter.

Xenavire
09-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm sure the devs have this in mind :)

small OT

Any info on the observer/spectator feature? Can't recall if it was mentioned at all since kickstarter.

Wow, thats actually a good question... I don't think we have heard anything on replays or spectator modes since the kickstarter, aside from some vague mumblings and avoidance. I guess it is very low on the priority list purely because it has to be, but I would happily wager that work has been started on it already, and its just a slowly evolving feature rather than a big project. (This is all speculation based off experience - I could very well be wrong.)

I think the priority order likely looks something like this:
Open beta
Set 2
Arena/PvE rewards/Chests
PvE Wave 1
Guilds
Double backs
Rest of PvE
Authenticators (I know most people hope this is before set 2 though)
Replay features/spectator modes
Tablet versions

I wouldn't even dare to call this official, but from current info, its the likeliest order we could probably guess at right now, with potential swaps of features here and there. I am sure everyone has their own personal wants (I would love guilds before PvE, for example) but trying to be realistic with expectations leads me to this approximation. If I missed any features, feel free to point them out. :p

N3rd4Christ
09-27-2014, 08:56 AM
after 2 rounds of b ugs during constructed im looking forward and hoping hte QOL improvements address bugs.

RCDv57
09-27-2014, 09:43 AM
I think that an authenticator might be higher up on that list of yours.
Cory has stated numerous times that protecting his players collections is very important to him.

Then again I dont have any game development experiance

Galvine
09-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Open Beta before any sort of PVE is not a good Idea. New players (Like myself) will be hesitant to pvp because A. lack of cards to earn and B. you always have that asshat in pvp that makes new players learning the game, or just testing the waters run away due to their talking smack. (I haven't seen it here, but have read about it.)

I just started playing and won't touch pvp until I get more cards and get a good feel for most of them and build a few decks I feel confident about. Very excited for the PVE :D

TJTaylor
09-27-2014, 10:25 AM
My goodness... this is one sexy patch. One step closer to set 2, open beta, and PvE content. Let's all pray to Kismet that nothing breaks and we will be finally over this hump. I do hope that this patch was a bottleneck due to the change in UI and that we will now see patches that bring significant updates to the game at a faster rate.

Xenavire
09-27-2014, 11:32 AM
I think that an authenticator might be higher up on that list of yours.
Cory has stated numerous times that protecting his players collections is very important to him.

Then again I dont have any game development experiance

My theory is that protecting players is slightly less important than trying to keep them playing at this point - I am sure Cory is losing hair and sleep over Set 2 delays, since he was quite open about saying that was, in his eyes, the death of most TCG's. So anything they can do to promote player loyalty will probably come before authenticators, just because they would probably rather put out fires than to have no players. :p

In an ideal world, everything would roll out so quick we wouldn't care. :p

Stoutheart
09-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Also I'm very curious to see to which version of Unity the upgrade the game

For those interested in the more technical side of development: We upgraded from Unity 4.2 to 4.5. Upgrading Unity was fairly easy. The biggest challenge was going from a customized NGUI 1.8/2.2 to NGUI 3.7. The differences between NGUI 2 and 3 are huge. It was a lot of work, but we think you'll be happy with the end result. Ultimately, this fixes a lot of the Z fighting issues with 2D/3D objects, fixes dynamic anchoring and stretching, and improves the overall feel of our UI. It also opens us up for more cool effects and animations.

mach
09-27-2014, 07:21 PM
It also opens us up for more cool effects and animations.

That's great, but could we also get options to reduce/disable these effects/animations, for those with slower hardware, who don't wish to be distracted from the actual game, or who don't want to lose valuable clock time?

Stoutheart
09-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Of course, there will be options to turn off/scale back certain layers of effects for lower spec systems.

ossuary
09-27-2014, 08:19 PM
NGUI 3.7 is also WAY more streamlined that the vanilla and most custom NGUI 2 framework was, so if that's what you guys are using for your interface and event notification, I would expect to see significant performance increase on older machines with this upgrade anyway, even with the extra bells and whistles that will doubtlessly be coming eventually.

My wife's laptop has a weird, crappy integrated graphics card that previously lagged even just showing the card draw animation, so I'll be interested to see what the changes do to her machine. It's probably as close to a "worst case scenario" as you can get without sticking a motherboard on your desk with no case and eating salty food near it. ;)

N3rd4Christ
09-27-2014, 08:26 PM
NGUI 3.7 is also WAY more streamlined that the vanilla and most custom NGUI 2 framework was, so if that's what you guys are using for your interface and event notification, I would expect to see significant performance increase on older machines with this upgrade anyway, even with the extra bells and whistles that will doubtlessly be coming eventually.

My wife's laptop has a weird, crappy integrated graphics card that previously lagged even just showing the card draw animation, so I'll be interested to see what the changes do to her machine. It's probably as close to a "worst case scenario" as you can get without sticking a motherboard on your desk with no case and eating salty food near it. ;)

I'm sure I got ya beat. Current circumstances have me playing this on a 2 gb ran, Intel core 2 2.0 duo.... It works ok... Waiting for my rog laptop though :)

Chiany
09-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Ultimately, this fixes a lot of the Z fighting issues with 2D/3D objects, fixes dynamic anchoring and stretching, and improves the overall feel of our UI. It also opens us up for more cool effects and animations.

So we can finally get our spinning blue wheel sleeves!!! ;)

Lockon
09-27-2014, 11:35 PM
And make it actually spin on the cards, unless that's just too ambitious. And have it be the beta tester rewards, our commemorative "beta badge" if you will.

N3rd4Christ
09-28-2014, 01:23 AM
So we can finally get our spinning blue wheel sleeves!!! ;)

Yes please!

We don't want fancy graphics for anything other than of the BSCOA! (Blue spinning circle of awesomeness/awfulness!)

Edswor
09-28-2014, 02:01 AM
For those interested in the more technical side of development: We upgraded from Unity 4.2 to 4.5. Upgrading Unity was fairly easy. The biggest challenge was going from a customized NGUI 1.8/2.2 to NGUI 3.7. The differences between NGUI 2 and 3 are huge. It was a lot of work, but we think you'll be happy with the end result. Ultimately, this fixes a lot of the Z fighting issues with 2D/3D objects, fixes dynamic anchoring and stretching, and improves the overall feel of our UI. It also opens us up for more cool effects and animations.

Thanks for the answer. I'm currently working with the 4.6 beta with the new UI from unity, and so far, looks great (I believe new the UI is very similar to the ngui).

Yoss
09-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Exciting patch! I hope the mailing has C.O.D. options. Smashing the new AI should be fun.

Xenavire
09-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Exciting patch! I hope the mailing has C.O.D. options. Smashing the new AI should be fun.

The screens show nothing about C.O.D - it might be hidden, but it looks like it just doesn't exist (purely based on the screens, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.)

Regardless of C.O.D being there or not, its an amazing feature.

Yoss
09-28-2014, 02:21 PM
The screens show nothing about C.O.D - it might be hidden, but it looks like it just doesn't exist (purely based on the screens, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.)

Regardless of C.O.D being there or not, its an amazing feature.

I'd say "necessary" or "expected" rather than "amazing". "Amazing" requires more than a screenshot on a webpage telling me the basics of what it might do. "Amazing" means that when I use it, I can't think of any way I'd improve it. There has not been a single "amazing" feature in Hex yet, save one: Set001 Design, which is, truly, amazing. Everything else needs a lot more work before it earns that level of praise, and I'm hoping some day it will.

Xenavire
09-28-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd say "necessary" or "expected" rather than "amazing". "Amazing" requires more than a screenshot on a webpage telling me the basics of what it might do. "Amazing" means that when I use it, I can't think of any way I'd improve it. There has not been a single "amazing" feature in Hex yet, save one: Set001 Design, which is, truly, amazing. Everything else needs a lot more work before it earns that level of praise, and I'm hoping some day it will.

For a dTCG - trading is amazing. :p This isn't pure trading, sure, but its very good, and a huge step. I would say that the AH was equally amazing, as were sockets, and a bunch of other things.

But by Hex standards alone? Yeah, it isn't as amazing. Still, I am amazed at the timing, and can't wait to get some things sent off.

Yoss
09-28-2014, 04:45 PM
If you call the AH "amazing", you're truly "drinking the kool-aid". Even Chark himself called it "minimum viable product". It works, and is thus infinitely better than nothing, but it has many flaws. I imagine the mailing system will be similar. I expect it will work, but not make me go "wow, they really did this feature well". I'll also add that this is going to be the norm for Hex for quite a while yet. Their goal is (and should be) delivering MVP on all their promised features as soon as possible. By necessity that means most things won't be "amazing".

I am not upset about this, just trying to be realistic. The vision of what Hex will be is "amazing" but current reality doesn't quite line up with that. We're moving closer...

Thrawn
09-28-2014, 07:23 PM
"Amazing" would have been major AH improvements, or Set 2, or full blown trading. What we got is nice and will probably keeps the wolves at bay for a few weeks. I'm really hoping the UI improvements are more than just cosmetic too, but personally I'd refer to it more as "stuff I originally would have expected to see like 6 months ago".

RCDv57
09-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Im with Yoss on this one.
Its more of an acceptable patch, so I am happy with it. It is far better than no patch.
From what I've seen develop over this past year or two, I do not think the team has the ability to truly amaze me.

But they can satisfy me, and that is not something I am able to say about most game developers now-a-days.

Odai
09-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Im with Yoss on this one.
Its more of an acceptable patch, so I am happy with it. It is far better than no patch.
From what I've seen develop over this past year or two, I do not think the team has the ability to truly amaze me.

But they can satisfy me, and that is not something I am able to say about most game developers now-a-days.

Excactly my point, they are soooo sloooow, to be honest all we have is a MTG demo with an auction house (3 YEARS for this). I dont get it what is taking them so long do to anything.

I mean look at Infinity Wars they made an amazing game and its much more fun imo then Hex atm, i can play AI/Players or i can do Drafts gainst AI/Players, it has a campaign, you can get every starter deck and i get daily rewards for playing.

Now look at their kickstarter founding and at Hex their founding 18K$ against 2,3KK$. And all what hex does it so make news to get more money, turnaments, turnaments, turnaments, mechandise, turnaments, new 2nd set.

Xenavire
09-29-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm sorry, but when a game in beta is miles ahead of the competition, that's amazing. The actual quality of the features has nothing to do with my opinion, and if I were to give my actual opinion of the features, they would be sub par.

I guess I just look at things from a different angle to everyone else though.

Jinxies
09-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Not every one else :3

I'm quite pleased with how the game is moving along, I've been apart of enough beta and early access games to know what to expect. Things will be finished when they are and the stuff we're getting in the meantime is looking pretty great to me ^__^

Thrawn
09-29-2014, 06:47 AM
I'm sorry, but when a game in beta is miles ahead of the competition, that's amazing.

Which competition?? Hearthstone doesn't have trading intentionally and bots in MTGO are currently much better than the AH in Hex. The AH should beat them out eventually, but it's not to that point yet.

MTGO has also released many, many sets in the time we've been playing one. I'm confident Hex will be a better game than MTGO, but it has a way to go yet.

Xenavire
09-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Which competition?? Hearthstone doesn't have trading intentionally and bots in MTGO are currently much better than the AH in Hex. The AH should beat them out eventually, but it's not to that point yet.

MTGO has also released many, many sets in the time we've been playing one. I'm confident Hex will be a better game than MTGO, but it has a way to go yet.

Hearthstone and MTGO aren't the ones I was referencing - from what I have heard, other dTCG's are meant to have trading or AH features coming, and almost none have those features at all (talking about things like Infinity Wars, Might and Magic, Solforge, Scrolls... I don't keep up with them, but they almost all were playable before Hex was and still have no trading that I have heard of - feel free to correct me if something has changed.)

And as it is, MTGO should try something like an AH, and hasn't, so I am not sure whats up with that. (Not calling the bots bad or anything, but why don't they have an AH? That confuses me.)

Jinxies
09-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Because they're lazy and want to spend as little time and money as possible on MTGO. That's the impression I've gotten from everyone I know who plays it anyways :P

Aradon
09-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Because they're lazy and want to spend as little time and money as possible on MTGO. That's the impression I've gotten from everyone I know who plays it anyways :P

From what I've seen of Wizard's Tournament Organizer client and their 'new' webpage, I don't think it's laziness. I think it's just complete ineptitude. The 'little money' part might be right though. They *could* just hire some reasonable technical hands, but they can't seem to get their technical act together.

nicosharp
09-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Just wanted to chime in and thank Hex Ent for a cool patch, and forward momentum.

Hoping the mail system can eventually include COD in Gold and/or Plat - or even cards at some point.
Hoping 2-step verification / authentication is available soon as well.

Keep up the great work, and here's to a successful bug-free new patcher and client launch tomorrow.

ossuary
09-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Mmm... client lunch.

N3rd4Christ
09-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Mmm... client lunch.

Launch?

ossuary
09-29-2014, 11:32 AM
I never launch my clients. It's rude.

... and I totally don't put their faces onto the mannequin from Turbo Impact, either. :p