PDA

View Full Version : Survival of Fittest + Roostasaur

dojadoug
09-26-2014, 11:42 PM
I had a 4/4 creature (Honeycap I believe) and my opponent had a 1/1 Succulent Roostasaur. He also had three non-exhausted bunnies of some sort.

It was my turn and I played Survival of the Fittest to induce battle between my creature and his Roostasaur. Before Survival of the Fittest resolved, he activated Roostasaur's ability with all three of his bunnies (as I was actually expecting him to do).

Everything was in a chain on the right hand side of the screen. My Survival of the Fittest was at the top of the chain (first in) and his queue of Roostasaur effects were below it.

But what happened next was strange. Rather than resolving in that order, his Roostasaur card immediately died, left play, and went to his graveyard. Then it resolved his Roostasaur's abilities (which had no effect, because his creature was dead). Then it resolved Survival of the Fittest (also no effect at this point, but seemingly it had already resolved that because nothing else could have killed his Roostasaur).

AswanJaguar
09-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Roostersaur has a second ability where you can sacrifice it to gain life equal to its defence value. I'd wager that your opponent accidentally clicked on that ability last, which would cause the Roostersaur to go to the graveyard before it got buffed. Do you know if he gained a life when he did this?

dojadoug
09-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Hmmm... Interesting idea. I can't recall. I easily may have missed it because it only would have been one health and I was taken aback by the outcome. I commented in local chat that I was surprised it resolved the way it did. He didn't respond (possibly he realized his error and was embarrassed).

ossuary
09-27-2014, 04:19 AM
That would be my interpretation of the situation as well, since it died with Survival still on the chain. He must have accidentally clicked to sacrifice it.

RanaDunes
09-29-2014, 04:23 AM
He probably needed +health more than the need to kill your creature (of equal atk/def) so he buffed the rooster's defense in order to get 4 hp (sacrificed him for the HP before your survival of the fittest was able to land).

ossuary
09-29-2014, 04:55 AM
No, based on the OP's description, he sacced him before the boosts went through (the bottom item on the chain was the sacrifice, so it happened before the roostasaur got buffed).