PDA

View Full Version : Charge Power not working

jrt5024
10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I have a shin'hare deck and just the default champion (3cp > battle hopper). Whenever I get to 3 or more charge power though, and the power button is glowing, I have never been able to use the power which has really made certain fights more difficult than they should have been.

I didn't try it with a different champion to see if it was only my default guy but it did happen across multiple games. I assumed it would have been affecting everyone but I didn't see it in the known issues list.

Svenn
10-01-2014, 08:40 AM
I was using that fine last night. Are you sure you had the threshold for it too?

Lukezors
10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I was able to use this one successfully last night as well. I did find the power button a little unresponsive though.

jrt5024
10-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I definitely had threshold both times because I was able to cast all my other wild cards. The threshold is 1 wild, 3 charge power cost. It lights up and shines but won't click. It's almost like, the "click zone" doesn't match the location of the graphic. But I tried clicking everywhere and it didn't work. It's just like, it thought I wasn't clicking it.

I'll try again now and see if it's working any better since the bug patch.

UPDATE: Still not working :( I am so lonely and empty inside without my battle hopper army.

jrt5024
10-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I don't mean to bump my own thread but last I checked on this, it was still occurring for me. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to recreate the issue or if cryptozoic is addressing it at all?

Part of me thinks it may be a resolution issue (which would suck since I'm playing at the right resolution) but I'll check that out next time to do my part.

However, because of this and several other bugs, I decided to wait a few days to play because this is rather game-breaking for me. I only have played matches against AI, but it's bit frustrating when you have cards and builds around your charge power and it's broken yet the AI has full use of their charge power. I just was hoping to hear some feedback or something but I still don't see this on the known issues list and wasn't sure if this was just happening to me or what was going on.

Here are the variables I will try to change to see if I can isolate the issue (please suggest more if you have an idea):
1) The resolution
2) The champion
3) I'm running it on Win7 on a mac. This in itself is very unlikely to cause problems as far as I know, and I have yet to have a single "windows game running on windows on a mac problem" with any other games EVER. I could try installing the mac client on my mac os and see if the issue still exists. However, there's a first time for everything, and a Beta would be the place!

Those are the really only things that I think might be affecting it. At some point in the next few days I'll take 30 minutes to test them all out and see what comes up. Other than that, any word from Crypt would be nice.

jrt5024
10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Update: both changing the resolution and the champion didn't result in any differences. Can't use the charge power no matter what. It's definitely working how it should; it's lighting up at the right times and I definitely should be able to use it, it's just like the click button for it isn't recognizing. Like the button is jammed... aha, problem solved, we just needs a hammer!

N3rd4Christ
10-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Update: both changing the resolution and the champion didn't result in any differences. Can't use the charge power no matter what. It's definitely working how it should; it's lighting up at the right times and I definitely should be able to use it, it's just like the click button for it isn't recognizing. Like the button is jammed... aha, problem solved, we just needs a hammer!

As long as its not the ban hammer!

MrSeriousBsns
10-09-2014, 05:32 AM
This has also been happening to me since the big patch - still happening tonight. The lit up charge power button is unresponsive when clicked or double clicked (or spam clicked for that matter). This occurred when playing Dimid with a mono-diamond deck, so definitely met threshold. Changing heroes did not fix.

Diesbudt
10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
That is weird. I have not once ran into this problem. I am wondering what I can do to try and recreate it.

Incindium
10-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Someone in chat said it would only work if playing an action first. Anyone able to verify that?

MrSeriousBsns
10-10-2014, 05:17 AM
Someone in chat said it would only work if playing an action first. Anyone able to verify that?

Yes, I can verify - I am able to use my charge power once I play an action in my main phase. For further clarification, I only tested this in my first main phase... have not tested in second main phase.

MrSeriousBsns
10-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Tested a reinstall of the client - reinstall did not resolve this issue

frexerik
10-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Yeah i think im the guy who wrote in chat that you can use charge power after playing an action, anyone else here getting the same bug when trying to activate card abilities? it seems like the same bug, im not able to click the box to activate an ability, only thing that works is double clicking the card to activate it.

also changing resoloution, changing from fullscreen to windowed and reinstalling the client does NOT fix the bug.

this is so frustrating, cant play any drafts or anything :(

MrSeriousBsns
10-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm also getting the bug where I have to double click a card to activate its ability (i.e. unable to activate cards by zooming in).

I didn't mention it in this thread yet in case it was a separate issue. Now that I know that both of these things are happening to more than just me, its likely important to note the consistency of all aspects of this bug.

I agree, very frustrating - big handicap in drafts or constructed.

frexerik
10-12-2014, 02:51 AM
I THINK I FOUND A FIX!!

So in another thread where some guy was experiencing his client crashing this solution was posted, and i think it also works to fix this bug!!

Fresh Start - windows
This step can be slightly more confusing. Please follow the steps exactly and do not delete anything NOT related to HEX.
Press START and type into the search REGEDIT, once located, launch.
Go to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software
Locate the folder entitled "Cryptozoic"
Right click and delete. Agree to delete all subcomponents
Relaunch HEX
Fresh Start - Mac
Press Command+Shift+G
Type: ~/Library/Preferences/
Locate unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist
Delete this file
Relaunch HEX

Please try it out and reply back if it worked for you :D

MrSeriousBsns
10-12-2014, 03:25 AM
I THINK I FOUND A FIX!!

So in another thread where some guy was experiencing his client crashing this solution was posted, and i think it also works to fix this bug!!

Fresh Start - windows
This step can be slightly more confusing. Please follow the steps exactly and do not delete anything NOT related to HEX.
Press START and type into the search REGEDIT, once located, launch.
Go to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software
Locate the folder entitled "Cryptozoic"
Right click and delete. Agree to delete all subcomponents
Relaunch HEX
Fresh Start - Mac
Press Command+Shift+G
Type: ~/Library/Preferences/
Locate unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist
Delete this file
Relaunch HEX

Please try it out and reply back if it worked for you :D

Worked like a charm! We have a fix!

This also fixed the "must double click to use a card's ability" problem.

Your research is greatly appreciated, Frexerik! So much so, that I sent you a booster pack for your trouble!

Boy am I glad that the mailing system is in!

Caddar
10-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Has anybody else experienced this behavior? I experienced the same issue, implemented the fix of deleting the Cryptozoic folder from my registry but the issue continues to crop up on two separate computers. Deleting the reg entries will correct the behavior for a short time before it crops up again.