PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments and Servers Update

Phenteo
10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
We posted more information about Tournaments and the Servers: https://hextcg.com/tournament-and-server-updates/

UPDATE: Slight update to the original post. The server reboots are not going to happen every 6 hours as we've been able to determine that they do not need to happen as frequently. However, our team will be monitoring the server status consistently over the weekend and we will still need to reboot the servers. In-game messaging will be made when these reboots take place.

ManofPeace
10-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Can't imagine too much activity from the player base these following days. Bug testing and doing proving ground games isn't exactly a happening scene. Best of luck to you guys though.

RCDv57
10-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Once this stuff is fixed what are the chances of them breaking again in the next patch?
I'm just curious as each update seems to break just as much stuff as it was supposed to fix.

Lafoote
10-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Can we get a carry over of our existing draft tickets, or just trade them out for packs if we're unable to use them?

Thrawn
10-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Can we get a carry over of our existing draft tickets, or just trade them out for packs if we're unable to use them?

From the news -

Also, because of the unexpected delays, we wanted to inform everyone that you do not need to worry about your draft tickets. Whether they expired or are set to expire during this time-frame, we will be re-crediting as well as extending all deadlines for draft tournament tickets by fourteen days (two weeks). For normal patches we would normally not extend draft deadlines as a standard 8 hour patch would only bring minimal impact to the ticket and can be planned around as patches are announced in advance, but due to the unforeseen issues and reboots this weekend, we decided to make an exception. You do not need to contact customer support as this will be a manual push through the system.

N3rd4Christ
10-02-2014, 04:39 PM
/Sad.... i now realize how much i miss drafting (Even though i didnt like it and preferred constructed). People leaving in PG is annoying

Prometheusfire
10-02-2014, 05:22 PM
was going to do a few drafts this weekend as I start my new job this monday. Oh well, the wife works that following saturday so I can draft my heart out then. Better to be fixed properly then have a bunch of issues mid tourney. ty for the heads up folks :)

bustersg
10-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Juz do what u need to make the game well again. Ydae ghost town at proving grounds. Anyway i will play other games n cm back to Hex once solved.

Lafoote
10-02-2014, 06:20 PM
From the news -

Facepalm. Reading comprehension ftw.

Chiany
10-02-2014, 08:53 PM
@ Phenteo, there is a typo in this article.

In the 3rd paragraph:

"These reboots will happen every six hours staring today."

I hope they are starting today, not staring today :cool: (although I like to do a lot of staring at work, instead of starting :p

But overal I was expecting something like this for next few days, and appreciate the honest communications about it.
It's good to have a skilled CM around!

Samurai
10-02-2014, 11:04 PM
I though if they said tournament going on 3 PM PDT it will be for sure. ehh.

The_Lannisters
10-02-2014, 11:30 PM
wow, it must be pretty serious to shut the whole thing up for the weekend :(

Time to get something else to play this weekend, I'm on a 17 days holiday starting today ! :D

Phenteo
10-03-2014, 01:50 AM
@ Phenteo, there is a typo in this article.

In the 3rd paragraph:

"These reboots will happen every six hours staring today."

I hope they are starting today, not staring today :cool: (although I like to do a lot of staring at work, instead of starting :p

But overal I was expecting something like this for next few days, and appreciate the honest communications about it.
It's good to have a skilled CM around!

Fixed, and thank you!

deathandtexas
10-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Link to here taken from main article. Interesting.

wasichu
10-03-2014, 08:00 AM
This is why they need a test server to test a patch before it goes live and see what bugs there are and zap em.

Glae
10-03-2014, 08:33 AM
I would play the hell out of a test server. Also, whatever happened to the "burn it to the ground" server where the white hats would be encouraged to do terrible things to dummy accounts?

Xenavire
10-03-2014, 09:22 AM
This is why they need a test server to test a patch before it goes live and see what bugs there are and zap em.

I keep seeing people say that. :p

I doubt they will ever have a public test server, like WoW etc, but I am sure they already have a testing server - it would be stupid not to have one.

Phenteo
10-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Slight update to the original post. The server reboots are not going to happen every 6 hours as we've been able to determine that they do not need to happen as frequently. However, our team will be monitoring the server status consistently over the weekend and we will still need to reboot the servers. In-game messaging will be made when these reboots take place.