PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Patch King Gabriel

Shaqattaq
10-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi HEXers! We’ve been posting general updates all week since we updated HEX Shards of Fate closed beta with patch “King Gabriel.”

In good news, the new UI looks really good and we’re identifying quality of life improvements we can make now that the foundation for the UI is in place.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-patch-king-gabriel/

Xenavire
10-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Holy cow that living totem art... I wish I was double collector, and not just King. :(

N3rd4Christ
10-03-2014, 05:14 PM
That totem!

Diesbudt
10-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Oh baby, i cannot wait

Poetic
10-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Looking forward to my playset of Totems. That was a good AA choice.

Diesbudt
10-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Looking forward to my playset of Totems. That was a good AA choice.

amen

saffamike
10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
So glad I have GK and Collector. Full set!

Kami
10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Wait, so does that mean that the first Collector AA (Master Theorycrafter) will be available after the Collector AA Totems?

Barkam
10-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Wow! That AA looks great! Fantastic Collecter's Tier AA choice! Well done CZE!

tolroe
10-03-2014, 05:32 PM
That AA Totem is amazing, wish it were the standard art as I won't be seeing one of those in my collection at any time.

Ju66ernaut
10-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Awesome collector AA art choice! Keep it up!!

Gorgol
10-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Amazing Collector AA choice! So glad I'll have a playset.

Skirovik
10-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I know it's been said already, but...

Wow, that AA. Amazing! :D

dogmod
10-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Awesomea Art

Bekkir
10-03-2014, 05:48 PM
That art is A M A Z I N G ! ! !4

dogmod
10-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Makes me wonder where the AA Zombie plague, AA soul marble, AA hex engine, and AA baby yeti are going to be used ;o

Lockon
10-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Yeah, now THAT'S how you do an AA.

Counter
10-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I know what I want for Christmas!

QuartZ
10-03-2014, 06:01 PM
TOTALLY BADASS TOTEM TROPHY

That AA Totem is amazing, wish it were the standard art as I won't be seeing one of those in my collection at any time.

<<<<<<< Feels the same :(

Shaqattaq
10-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Wait, so does that mean that the first Collector AA (Master Theorycrafter) will be available after the Collector AA Totems?

Both cards will be available at the same time.

bootlace
10-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I was a fan of the original Living Totem art...this is the art it should transform to when its like a 5/5 flyer with swiftstrike.

lite
10-03-2014, 06:47 PM
i see the progress with this update... and i am thinking ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFqS2egII6Q

dogmod
10-03-2014, 06:51 PM
i see this update... and i am thinking ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFqS2egII6Q

One thing I would find interesting is how many of the people who went collector's tier that are super irked picked up the collector's tier after the Pro player was sold out. I have a suspicion that may or may not be true that a lot of those people picked that tier because they felt like it was the next most monetarily valuable tier and when the first AA came out they were mad about perceived lack of value as well as a lot of those people who would have wanted Proplayer but did not get it are actually people who would prefer to play competitively as opposed to being "collector's".

Doesn't invalidate people's opinions just makes me wonder if the reason why there is such a contrast of opinions is because of the fact that some people who would have gone Pro Player instead had to choose a different tier and went for the "valuez".

Vorpal
10-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Oooooh that is NICE art for the totem!

I *hate* the original art for the totem, which is a shame, since it's such a nice card.

MugenMusou
10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
This is a quality! I wish every AA for collectors are like this.

yoyogod
10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I like the artwork, but I do wish that one of the AA cards had been something that I didn't already have a full playset of. Oh well, maybe I'll get that in set 2.

IndigoShade
10-03-2014, 07:53 PM
One thing I would find interesting is how many of the people who went collector's tier that are super irked picked up the collector's tier after the Pro player was sold out. I have a suspicion that may or may not be true that a lot of those people picked that tier because they felt like it was the next most monetarily valuable tier and when the first AA came out they were mad about perceived lack of value as well as a lot of those people who would have wanted Proplayer but did not get it are actually people who would prefer to play competitively as opposed to being "collector's".

Doesn't invalidate people's opinions just makes me wonder if the reason why there is such a contrast of opinions is because of the fact that some people who would have gone Pro Player instead had to choose a different tier and went for the "valuez".

I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought the collector's tier because I wanted cool cards that I could be proud to show off and say "Hey look! I supported this game on KS several years back" It's hard to do that with cards you hardly ever play. Living totem is not a card I hardly ever play!

Very happy with this one :D

Also I already have a Pro tier and could have had another if I wanted, just to make the point that not everyone grabbed a Collector's tier just because they couldn't get something "better".

RCDv57
10-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I thought that was a spoiler for set 2.
Now Im kinda sad I wont get to play with such a cool looking card.

I guess I'll just have to Dingler all of that AA I come across.

Loregoyle
10-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I agree with y'all that the AA for Living Totem is unbearably cool.

But I must admit, I find that the original Living Totem art has its own bizarre charm.

ossuary
10-03-2014, 08:21 PM

But I must admit, I find that the original Living Totem art has its own bizarre charm.

They are both really good, for totally different reasons. The AA is cool because it makes the totem look like a BAMF. :)

ursa23
10-03-2014, 08:27 PM

As my forum name implies, I like bears. I will do anything necessary to get that card, up to and including a "Breaking Bad" type of scenario.

Chiany
10-03-2014, 08:31 PM

I'm with you, I like the AA art, but the original art is more my style.
The original is more quircky or something, which is what I like.

But good choice on AA, and kudo's to the artist (whoever it may be).

Baker
10-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I could tell just by the article teaser graphic that was a new living totem, so bad ass. I liked the original art, but that AA is phenomenal. I think this really will make a lot of collectors happy. Glad I already have my play set secure, thanks CZE for the pleasant surprise and seriously good work!

Glae
10-03-2014, 09:07 PM

I also won't speak for everyone but I wanted something like the pro player for constructed, as I don't really like draft. Which out of what was available is Collector. I backed Collector when Pro was still available.

But this card is constructed playable, has value in the normal version, and has super cool art. Super excited to keep mine and put them in decks.

Samurai
10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Compenastion for serwer Issues only for Kickstarters ? Realy weird.

L1ght
10-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Absolutely perfect second AA card! Not sure if this was always going to be the second Collector AA or if this is in response to feedback on the first one... but I'm very glad to see it in either case! Art that is more epic than the original & a good playable card Win - Win!

As a Collector backer I can happily say that, Yes, I did miss out on Pro Player and backed Collector as my second choice. But my thinking at the time was that if Pro Player is all about draft, Raid Leader is all about raids, Guild Leader is all about social, Dungeon Crawler is all about PVE, then Collector must be all about Constructed.

I mean - You 'collect' PVP cards to build good decks, which in turn are used to play in constructed format - pretty logical train of thought. So with 6 PVP Cards a year I was thinking I could help build & trick out my constructed decks and play tournys in style. So this 2nd card is right down my alley!

I do wonder if there are actually Collectors Tier backers out there who, when you really truly got down to it, would rather get AA versions of "interesting" cards over playable ones. I don't really understand why someone would want say an AA version of Comet Strike that "collects" dust in their digital card folder over an AA version of say Mirror Knight they could use in a hundred different fearsome decks.

But in the long run (and heres hoping it is a very long run) I'm happy for CZE to share the love around so we all get lots of cool AA cards that give everyone a chance for a warm & fuzzy feeling! And based on Card 1 and Card 2 that appears to be whats happening so Thankyou!

IndigoShade
10-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Compenastion for serwer Issues only for Kickstarters ? Realy weird.

The AA Living Totem isn't compensation, nor in any way related to any server issues. It's one of the KS rewards some people have been waiting over a year for that was just revealed for the first time.

Khendral
10-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Can we have that art as a wallpaper? Pretty please?

Vorsa
10-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Spectacular art indeed. :)

If only us Dungeon Crawlers knew when we'd be getting our goodies... ;)

Edswor
10-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Yes, the art is awesome, and it's on a very used card also ;) ;)

Lefto
10-04-2014, 04:09 AM
All I'm gonna say is GG!

benczi
10-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Awesome collector AA, I'm very happy now :D.

Yoss
10-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Seems pretty obvious that, at least for the forum poster subset, people who bought Collector were min/maxing for value. Same can probably be said for most backers, and the comments below bear this out.

L1ght
10-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Seems pretty obvious that, at least for the forum poster subset, people who bought Collector were min/maxing for value. Same can probably be said for most backers, and the comments below bear this out.

As a Collector backer I can happily say that, Yes, I did miss out on Pro Player and backed Collector as my second choice. But my thinking at the time was that if Pro Player is all about draft, Raid Leader is all about raids, Guild Leader is all about social, Dungeon Crawler is all about PVE, then Collector must be all about Constructed.

I mean - You 'collect' PVP cards to build good decks, which in turn are used to play in constructed format - pretty logical train of thought. So with 6 PVP Cards a year I was thinking I could help build & trick out my constructed decks and play tournys in style. So this 2nd card is right down my alley!

I do wonder if there are actually Collectors Tier backers out there who, when you really truly got down to it, would rather get AA versions of "interesting" cards over playable ones. I don't really understand why someone would want say an AA version of Comet Strike that "collects" dust in their digital card folder over an AA version of say Mirror Knight they could use in a hundred different fearsome decks.

I don't think it's all about "valuez". Of course value would be nice, who would say no to an AA Angel??

No one is going to pay $5.00 and a VIP ticket to enter and lose a constructed tournament with a starter deck. So one might even argue that it is in CZE's interest to make good AA cards to help people make competitive decks and encourage them to join constructed queues & give it a shot.

But many people have said (myself included) that they would be happy with AA versions of staple commons - the important part is that they are playable. And that playability is the most important factor for people like me who bought Collector for constructed play.