PDA

View Full Version : Questions about using Defense cards in Naruto

Akulamenuri
10-04-2014, 06:20 AM
1. My opponent plays the card that says "Each foe puts a Location in the discard pile". If I don't have a location, is it still a legal play for me to use my defense card anyway (such as using Shadow Stitching to get back a Positive Attack from my discard pile to me hand)?

2. Shikamaru allows you to block an attack and either draw a card or return a card from your discard pile to your hand equal to the cost of the card that was blocked. My question is if someone plays Eight Gates (a 4 cost card) and I play Shikamaru (a 4 cost defense card) can I return Shikamaru to my hand since Shikamaru is in the discard pile and it matches the level of the card it just blocked?

Thanks in advance for the replies

Matt_Hyra
10-04-2014, 02:13 PM
1. Yes

2. Yes

DimeDrl
10-04-2014, 05:41 PM
So in the case of the second question, does this apply across all Cerberus engine games? If a player use Flight to defend an attack in Crisis, can they then put Flight on top of my deck since it is discarded to block an attack and allows the player to put a card from their discard pile on top of their deck?

I only ask because of the potential of comboing defense cards. Defend with Flight, use Flight's ability to put it on top of the deck. Use a second defense with a draw to block another attack and draw back into the Flight again.

aoineko
10-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Yes, that works. Defense cards are in your discard pile while resolving their Defense text. So, Flight can be put on top of your deck when you defend with it.