PDA

View Full Version : Major, still not fixed - Duplicate Login

a-V-e-n
10-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Since the new patcher, every day including today I'm experiencing the same problem which didn't exist before the "King Gabriel" update. Every time I get disconnected by my ISP (generally once every 24 hours) and get a new IP address I cannot log in back to Hex if I were logged in when disconnect happened. I'm receiving the dreaded red "Duplicate Login" error. Closing and restarting client does NOT help. It takes a lot of tries or a several minutes wait until I'm able to log in again.

If this will happen during a tournament I'm practically guaranteed a match loss and will have to send support tickets every time. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Diesbudt
10-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Since the new patcher, every day including today I'm experiencing the same problem which didn't exist before the "King Gabriel" update. Every time I get disconnected by my ISP (generally once every 24 hours) and get a new IP address I cannot log in back to Hex if I were logged in when disconnect happened. I'm receiving the dreaded red "Duplicate Login" error. Closing and restarting client does NOT help. It takes a lot of tries or a several minutes wait until I'm able to log in again.

If this will happen during a tournament I'm practically guaranteed a match loss and will have to send support tickets every time. Please fix this as soon as possible.

During a disconnect there is a 5 minute window where your IP is still registered with that account "logged in" waiting for you to return.

Changing IP address is causing you not to log back in.

asdf2000
10-07-2014, 04:02 PM
This is common to many games. They can't let an account be logged in twice simultaneously. It's not really hex's fault that your ISP disconnects you so often.

I am not sure why it waits for you to log back in with the same IP, though. But I've seen it in other games.

Diesbudt
10-07-2014, 04:04 PM
This is common to many games. They can't let an account be logged in twice simultaneously. It's not really hex's fault that your ISP disconnects you so often.

I am not sure why it waits for you to log back in with the same IP, though. But I've seen it in other games.

Because if you try to reconnect with the same IP you are logged back in, it brings you back in to right where you disconnected.

Changing IP, the signal that connects the computer with the server has changed. Thus it guesses it is a different computer/device trying to log in when it already is logged in on a "previous" device.

a-V-e-n
10-08-2014, 09:03 AM
The thing is this problem did NOT exist for the first year of Hex, it was added with the last big update. Before it took a maximum of 2 client restarts (60-90 seconds) to get successfully reconnected from a different IP.

The problem is pretty gamebreaking for me now. It should be even worse for people who are on mobline internet (3G/LTE) and are travelling while playing.

Xenavire
10-08-2014, 09:08 AM
The thing is this problem did NOT exist for the first year of Hex, it was added with the last big update. Before it took a maximum of 2 client restarts (60-90 seconds) to get successfully reconnected from a different IP.

The problem is pretty gamebreaking for me now. It should be even worse for people who are on mobline internet (3G/LTE) and are travelling while playing.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, this problem has existed during almost the whole life of Hex, but it only just got given text when logging in to identify it. Admittedly, the issue has been a lot more widespread than usual since the last few patches broke some server communication, but that doesn't mean it hasn't already been a major issue for some players.

Sorry that you are having so much trouble, but this really isn't anything new. Hopefully in the course of fixing the server issues, they manage to fix this at the same time, because I suspect the two are related somehow.

(I myself had issues a few weeks back, where it took me several attempts to log in after a disconnect in a tournament - about 5 attempts later, and a good few minutes after the disconnect, I finally got back in. I believe it took a total of at least 5 minutes to get back into the draft.)

a-V-e-n
10-10-2014, 06:54 AM
Actually, if I am not mistaken, this problem has existed during almost the whole life of Hex, but it only just got given text when logging in to identify it. Admittedly, the issue has been a lot more widespread than usual since the last few patches broke some server communication, but that doesn't mean it hasn't already been a major issue for some players.

Sorry that you are having so much trouble, but this really isn't anything new. Hopefully in the course of fixing the server issues, they manage to fix this at the same time, because I suspect the two are related somehow.

(I myself had issues a few weeks back, where it took me several attempts to log in after a disconnect in a tournament - about 5 attempts later, and a good few minutes after the disconnect, I finally got back in. I believe it took a total of at least 5 minutes to get back into the draft.)

How it isn't anything new if before in identical situations I was always able to reconnect after 1-2 minutes and no more than 2 client restarts and now it takes over 5 or infinity client restarts? Now it's a guaranteed game (match?) loss, before not. A great difference.

I have this problem once a day every day so I see the gamebreaking difference between then and now.

Xenavire
10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Theres a difference, yes, but is it new? No. Old problem, exacerbated by server issues.

Let's not blow it out of proportion. It is gamebreaking to a few people, and yes it needs to be a priority. But it has been around before, in a less severe form. That should mean that the devs can and will fix it - be patient.

Take solace in the fact that tournaments are still hit and miss, so you aren't really missing anything, and feel free to bump this thread every now and then to see if there is a solution. If I discover anything, I will let you know.

DataDragon
10-10-2014, 01:01 PM
This is not a bug, this is a new feature as of this patch.
It is intended to protect you from causing your own client issues on reconnect.
If your client does not properly log out, you will have to wait 3+ minutes for that old connection to time out.
If your client properly logs out, it will be more like 15 seconds.

For those with unstable ISPs, there is work being done to see if same client reconnects are possible.
No ETA on these improvements, as we have many other high priority items.

GPrime
10-10-2014, 03:17 PM
If your client does not properly log out, you will have to wait 3+ minutes for that old connection to time out.

For those with unstable ISPs, there is work being done to see if same client reconnects are possible.

This is really bad for me. My PC crashes inexplicably and until I'm able to discover the source of the problem (an expensive troubleshooting exercise that I'm already a new PSU and SSD into attempting to fix) I have to depend on timely reconnects to make it back into games before I auto-lose.

The frequency of crashes is such that I experience it generally once per tournament. I'm very fast at rebooting and logging back in, but this new feature means I'll essentially lose every tournament I join until I no longer have crashes.

I know you're not responsible to me alone, but I have a backlog of draft tickets and two more per week that are essentially going to be flushed down the drain until I can afford to buy more parts for my computer. Frustrating to say the least.

Edit: I'm informed that this problem only affects you if your IP changes. If that's the case, I'm safe--my IP only changes if I manually renew.

Xenavire
10-10-2014, 06:52 PM

...Thats... Strange. I can see why, but, ouch? I have a stable IP and have been hit by this before, cost me a lot of picking in a draft. That was before the recent patches though, no issues since then, but this has made me a little paranoid.

Resand
10-11-2014, 06:52 AM
just lost a tournament to this as well. Got game failed to launch, tried to relog, but then got Duplicate login. Maybe wait with this "feature" until the game is at least close to stable???

3+ min waiting isn't right. Been 45min now, and still can't log in :(

Pheelon
10-11-2014, 06:59 AM
just had this for the first time - got dced on my main acc (was in draft lobby waiting for R2) - tried to reconnect - duplicate login - logged in with my 2nd acc worked - logged out from the client and tried to log back in - Duplicate login (2nd Acc).

~15 Minutes later still the same issue on both accs.

Erukk
10-11-2014, 07:07 AM
I've seem to have just gotten hit with this as well.

Game froze during the loading screen for the first game of my second match, so I relaunched the game and tried to login and "Duplicate Login" hit. I kept trying to login for about 5-10mins, relaunching the client every couple of tries, and I didn't get anywhere. I filled out a report, 45mins has passed since the problem, and it's still a no go.

Well... At least I know I'm not the only one with this problem anymore. :D

Edit: Over two hours later and still nothing.

Ektelioth
10-11-2014, 07:21 AM
I left the game client correctly more than half an hour ago and have this Duplicate Login message now... Hope I will be able to login soon :(

Edit: I'm sorry my first post on this forum is to complain :)

Pheelon
10-11-2014, 07:34 AM
nearly 1h since the issue came up - not possible to login to either acc yet...

Diesbudt
10-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Same I have duplicate login as well and was not logged in recently.

ursa23
10-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm not alone! Over an hour now, and I really wanted to do the scheduled sealed!

gandalf
10-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Hello all ! "I'm sorry my first post on this forum is to complain" yes me too ...
I have a problem with a duplicate login too , one hours ago. :(

arastor
10-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Just going to chime in and say "me too." I was logged in a couple of hours ago, ran into the tournament bug (lose one tourney, join another, get pulled into the first), logged out to post a ticket, figured I'd wait a couple of hours so the tourneys could end, and now I can't log in. *shrug* Oh well, time for something else, I guess.

Moon_Knight
10-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Just happend to me too tho this time i was in a turnament and a GM said that we should log out and now i cant log in again... 2 bad since we had a good game going on too...

Kuurin
10-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Yup, getting the duplicate login error.

Edit: Over and hour now, can't log in.

Phenteo
10-11-2014, 11:27 AM
We rebooted the servers. Try again. Sorry for the issues you've been encountering.