PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - The Killipede

Shaqattaq
10-10-2014, 05:28 PM
We’ve got decklists, data, and a Shattered Destiny preview card to share.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-the-killipede/

N3rd4Christ
10-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Looks killer

bootlace
10-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I see you guys are costing these cool legendaries much more aggressively so thanks for that. Now just give us a card that gives speed and double strike kthx ;P

jasta85
10-10-2014, 05:48 PM
damn, all sorts of nasty multi shard deck combos you could pull off with that guy, if you're opponent doesn't have removal then he's in trouble

z0a
10-10-2014, 05:56 PM
is this like exodia or something?

Kami
10-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Wow... two hits and Champion is dead regardless of health.

So many possibilities!

Graveos
10-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Oh my.. and hes not even Unique, so you can play 4 of him.. I see this being used in some insta-win game breaking combo you don't see coming... >.<

Kami
10-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah.

Off the top of my head with current cards, I see it being used with Replicator's Gambit, Gorestorm + Crush as the more popular versions of slamming it through.

jonsnow2000
10-10-2014, 06:14 PM
What a nasty bug. I think this will easily be a 15$ card.

Gregzilla
10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
It's kind of ironic that they preview a nasty bug after the client had a bunch of nasty bugs.

Counter
10-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Another fun card. Lusting after set 2 even more.

Yubar
10-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Looks OP

RoyHarper
10-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Is there a reason we can't ever get a brief description of new keywords when they're introduced in spoilers? It would seem par for the course, yet it never happens. Maybe I just missed the introduction of the toxified keyword earlier?

Cool card though.

Xenavire
10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Is there a reason we can't ever get a brief description of new keywords when they're introduced in spoilers? It would seem par for the course, yet it never happens. Maybe I just missed the introduction of the toxified keyword earlier?

Cool card though.

Toxified is unique to Killipede, obviously, and isn't a keyword as such. Its a state, like troop trauma.

It doesn't have any special rules, except for Killipede itself... Or that is very likely at this point. Chances are we won't see any more toxified cards this set.

plaguedealer
10-10-2014, 08:47 PM
I know I am going to get some flack for this, but I think killipede is better than vampire king. Definitely it and moss are the chase rares so far.

Xenavire
10-10-2014, 08:57 PM
I know I am going to get some flack for this, but I think killipede is better than vampire king. Definitely it and moss are the chase rares so far.

I doubt anyone is going to argue - a potential wincon that doubles as sone crazy killing machine is way better (for some decks) than Vampire King.

LordGorchnik
10-10-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm going to grab 4 copies and name them: Ralph, Fred, George, and Bobashushu

Barkam
10-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Wow! That is definitely better than Vampire King.

Jinxies
10-11-2014, 12:46 AM
It'd be funny if this became an archetype and people actually started sideboarding that terrible quick action that gives something -1/+1 and draws a card :P

Edswor
10-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Interesting card. At the end, we will be able to build an only insect/parasite cards deck :) .

Chiany
10-11-2014, 02:24 AM
It's a fun card, and it will see some play.
But I doubt it will be a tier 1 card.

Shardhold
10-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Gore storm + killer = GG

this one is super easy to pull off to compare to reign:S

d00dz
10-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Gore storm + killer = GG

this one is super easy to pull off to compare to reign:S

Shard colors would be different from the usual R/S Gorestorm decks though. In this case, new variations might crop up with R/B with lots of control. Extinction -> Killipede -> Gore Feast = GG

Lefto
10-11-2014, 04:17 AM
Shard colors would be different from the usual R/S Gorestorm decks though. In this case, new variations might crop up with R/B with lots of control. Extinction -> Killipede -> Gore Feast = GG

Slow combos are bad m'kay? Any kind of bounce or removal would easily break that combo. Not to mention blockers... We'll have to see the whole Set 2, to be able to figure out if this card will see any serious play at all imho.

Shardhold
10-11-2014, 04:19 AM

Anything to make the meta more intresting than it is now, you can more or less make X/S and it will be above decent

Any kind of bounce or removal would easily break that combo.Not to mention blockers
This apply to more or less every other gore storm combo and I don't think you understand what Extinction do.

Showsni
10-11-2014, 05:20 AM
If he's "The" Killipede why isn't he unique? ;)

Looks kind of cool, though any permanent -1/-X effects (Atrophy, Mutate, Xared's power) are going to be rough on him.

Vorsa
10-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Any teasers yet as to which streamers have been given rare/legendary spoilers? :cool:

Re: The Killipede
I wouldn't think 3 shard combos of cards with 2 threshold each are the biggest threat - I'd keep it simple and just aim for either wild Crush quick actions or sapphire Flight buffs.
The interesting thing will be how seriously people take the 1st attack of The Killipede; will many let the first one through, or will everyone chump block right off...

Warrender
10-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Any teasers yet as to which streamers have been given rare/legendary spoilers? :cool:

Pretty sure any teasers will be posted on the forums ASAP. Like, so:

http://i.imgur.com/ech9sif.png

Glae
10-11-2014, 10:00 AM
That card seems like a decent common for ruby aggro.

Warrender
10-11-2014, 10:05 AM
It's actually not a common. It's a token from a legendary constant:

http://i.imgur.com/VVkQn38.png (http://imgur.com/VVkQn38)

Vorsa
10-11-2014, 10:53 AM
That is an interesting card indeed; always going to be a struggle as an expensive card in ruby, but such great potential with multi-troop cards (Royal Falconer, Sly Huntress) and of course Heat Wave to kill any surviving knights so get twice as many the following turn.

It is a shame Ruby Enchantress is the only cheap ruby Inspire, but with sapphire/ruby a Mirror Knight would make these unstoppable.

RoyHarper
10-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Toxified is unique to Killipede, obviously, and isn't a keyword as such. Its a state, like troop trauma.

It doesn't have any special rules, except for Killipede itself... Or that is very likely at this point. Chances are we won't see any more toxified cards this set.

That was a long-winded way of saying nothing. It's not apparent at all whether or not other troops have the ability to "toxify" opponents, nor do we know at this point whether being toxified has any added affects, such as losing health every turn or even an escalating burn type effect. But I mean what good are the forums if you can't talk out of your @$$ on the internet...and 'obviously' you do that a lot.

If we could get some official word on this, that would be great, but seeing how long it took to get an explanation of the other mechanics being introduced in Set 2, I'm not holding my breath.

Xenavire
10-11-2014, 02:51 PM
That was a long-winded way of saying nothing. It's not apparent at all whether or not other troops have the ability to "toxify" opponents, nor do we know at this point whether being toxified has any added affects, such as losing health every turn or even an escalating burn type effect. But I mean what good are the forums if you can't talk out of your @$$ on the internet...and 'obviously' you do that a lot.

If we could get some official word on this, that would be great, but seeing how long it took to get an explanation of the other mechanics being introduced in Set 2, I'm not holding my breath.

Roy, go suck a lemon, it might make you a little more sweet. :)

Seriously though - I am not talking out of my ass, and I can pretty much guarantee there is no more 'Toxified' in this set. A) we were told exactly how many keywords existed in the set (3). We have seen all 3. That means that this is not a keyword, its just another mechanic. B) This is not part of any race or archtype that we have seen. Unless the cards are limited to being only rare and legendary, chances are that archtype simply doesn't exist in this set, and it is a one-off. Add in the abilities of other legendary cards often being complex and 'powerful', and that solidifies the idea that this is a one-off.

There is no reason to ask for official info if you just use a little bit of research and logic.

Final note - since this isn't a keyword, it would be counter-intuitive to have any additional effects of 'Toxified'. That doesn't mean it won't exist, but I would happily bet a lot of money that the ability does exactly what it says on the card and nothing more.

fabriazp
10-11-2014, 05:29 PM
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah49/fabriazpx/Set%202%20spoiler/WARBOTDROPSHIP_zps59183701.png

Spoiled by havoc in twitch

Xenavire
10-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Thats a neat card. I think bots might be able to stand without dwarves if they want to in set 2, or with light support.

Vorsa
10-12-2014, 02:31 AM
That is such a fun draft bomb. :cool:

Actually it is pretty darn awesome for Inspire decks too; zero threshold, Murder immune, and creating a pair of 4 cost 3/3 flyers is nearly two angels a turn...

Thanks for posting, fabriazp!

~~ Update ~~

Hack posted the legendary Forge of Cadoc: http://i.imgur.com/c3WFGmz.png
(Sorry; I don't know how to get around the forum saying it is too large to embed.)

That is... quite something! :eek:
Not sure if great or awful - in light of Howling Brave - but it certainly would seem to make non-wild/artifact ramp decks a possibility.

fabriazp
10-12-2014, 06:05 AM
That is such a fun draft bomb. :cool:

Actually it is pretty darn awesome for Inspire decks too; zero threshold, Murder immune, and creating a pair of 4 cost 3/3 flyers is nearly two angels a turn...

Thanks for posting, fabriazp!

~~ Update ~~

Hack posted the legendary Forge of Cadoc: http://i.imgur.com/c3WFGmz.png
(Sorry; I don't know how to get around the forum saying it is too large to embed.)

That is... quite something! :eek:
Not sure if great or awful - in light of Howling Brave - but it certainly would seem to make non-wild/artifact ramp decks a possibility.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah49/fabriazpx/Set%202%20spoiler/forgeofcadoc_zpsb6ce38c2.png

Dunno how to use that artifact properly right now, but Im sure I want 4 ASAP!

Cato
10-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Some great spoils on here. Looking forward to Set 2! :cool:

Vorsa
10-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Agent of M.O.L.E. rare spoiler from Cirouss: http://i.imgur.com/kWh36ai.png

Not really sure about this one - if you don't attack it's terrible, but if you do attack and it dies (which is likely) then simply casting Sabotage would have seemed superior...

On the other hand; effectively allows 8 Sabotage in a deck, and can get double-duty if combo successfully with Stormcall, Menacing Gralk or Mastery of Time.
If you got really lucky and this was able to attack unopposed using Flight, it would be quite beastly.

Aradon
10-12-2014, 12:16 PM
It's a very slow sabotage on one hand, but also a 1/3 that can block or trade, or act as a win condition, and combos with evasive cards or combat tricks. It's pretty versatile, and I think it'll be worth the effort of playing with it in limited. In constructed, I expect it'll die too removal to be too effective.

ossuary
10-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Remember that it says "when it attacks," so you pay the tunneling cost upfront, and 3 turns later you get to swing with it unless they happen to have a quick action killer ready right then and there. So you should have mostly no trouble getting the first 4 booby traps into their deck (3 from the tunneling counters, the 4th for attacking the turn it comes into play). So in that respect, it's a deferred cost Sabotage. But then if it survives, you get bonus booby traps.

As others have said, it's not fantastic, but it's certainly not terrible, either.

RoyHarper
10-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Did you seriously just write another two paragraphs of your assumptions again Xenavire? Learn some reading comprehension skills; I'm not interested in your regurgitated, long-winded opinions. They were 'obvious' the first time you posted, no need to waste your life writing it all out again.

Werlix
10-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Did you seriously just write another two paragraphs of your assumptions again Xenavire? Learn some reading comprehension skills; I'm not interested in your regurgitated, long-winded opinions. They were 'obvious' the first time you posted, no need to waste your life writing it all out again.

Wow this guy is a ray of sunshine to these forums right? About the keyword thing, don't all proper keywords have an uppercase first letter? Eg "Lethal, Swiftstrike", as opposed to "toxified"

Appreciating the rapid updates lately, Hex team :) Killipede looks fun :)

Jinxies
10-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Why do you feel the need to be so incredibly rude? Take your attitiude somewhere else.

On topic I feel like the killipede could be really cool in ruby decks. Just from set 1 you have access to Gorefeast, Suppressive Fire(? cannot block action), Crushing Blow and plenty of removal to open a path for it. It could also be cool in Wild with all the options to give it crush and pheremones being completely awesome with killipede.

Xenavire
10-13-2014, 04:22 AM

OK, then lets just say I know a hell of a lot more than you, and you can still suck that lemon. No assumptions needed, it isn't a keyword. Since it isn't a keyword, it doesn't do anything extra. End of story.

WellSkilledNoob
10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Concerning Agent of MOLE: Even if the card might not be extremely powerful itself, remember that it has tunneling and thus can be used to bait the opponent / trick him into believing its another card / whatever (if there are enough different tunneling cards out there) and force him to ply around it / another card he thinks this is (I'm thinking secrets in Hearthstone right now)...

BenStoll
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Hey all :)

Always fun to see people talking about previews. Just wanted to throw out there, that no, there aren't other instances of Toxified in the set, though it is giving a champion a tag that could be referenced by other cards, theoretically. We don't necessarily have intentions of doing more Toxified, though it is left open-ended on purpose ;D

RoyHarper
10-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Hey all :)

Always fun to see people talking about previews. Just wanted to throw out there, that no, there aren't other instances of Toxified in the set, though it is giving a champion a tag that could be referenced by other cards, theoretically. We don't necessarily have intentions of doing more Toxified, though it is left open-ended on purpose ;D

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Ben. It's interesting to hear that we may see more of Toxified in the future, and I didn't miss how you intentionally capitalized it... ;-)