PDA

View Full Version : Countermagic with Chimes of the Zodiac Bug

Mr.Funsocks
10-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Your Display Name: MrFunsocks

Bug Description: I played Countermagic on an opponents' Urunaaz, after having bounced it once with Time Ripple, with Chimes of the Zodiac out. It wouldn't allow me to resolve the second Countermagic. Normally, I am able to select a target for the 2nd one, and select the same spell, countering it twice. Playing the deck earlier this morning it worked as expected, so it's intermittent. Picture below of board state.

Steps to Reproduce: Play Chimes of the Zodiac, play Countermagic on an opponents' spell.

Frequency: 1/2 so far

Additional Information: Will continue to play this deck, see if it happens again.

ossuary
10-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Already reported in the known issues thread. Chimes + Countermagic locks the game every single time, no matter what. The second copy gets stuck on "resolve countermagic" without ever letting you specify a target, it causes an infinite loop. This is an old bug, it was fixed but now it's back with the Unity upgrade.

Version control!

Xenavire
10-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Already reported in the known issues thread. Chimes + Countermagic locks the game every single time, no matter what. The second copy gets stuck on "resolve countermagic" without ever letting you specify a target, it causes an infinite loop. This is an old bug, it was fixed but now it's back with the Unity upgrade.

Version control!

I checked it at patch launch IIRC, its even newer than the initial king gabe patch. Not sure exactly which patch though.

Diesbudt
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Played a few games where someone used this multiple times times. No issues. 0 Bugs.

There must be another factor that is causing these cards to bug in a combo. Question is, what is it?

ossuary
10-12-2014, 04:55 AM
Did they use it with maybe 2 cards on the chain to counter? Every single time I've used it or seen it used since the last patch, it has locked the game, but all of those times, it was being cast with only one thing on the chain to attempt to respond to.

How it goes is this:
1. Opponent tries to cast a card.
2. You cast Countermagic targeting their card.
2a. (normally at this point, if you didn't have Chimes, the pass priority button would say "Resolve Countermagic.")
3. Chimes vibrates and the new copy of Countermagic flips onto the chain (love that new animation, BTW!).
4. The Chimes copy of Countermagic does not give you a chance to target anything. You get a priority window that says Resolve Countermagic. Clicking on it does nothing, it just pops up another identical priority window. No target for the copy of CM can be specified, and the game is stuck in a loop. The player who cast the CM will lose after 5 minutes due to inaction (even if you keep clicking to resolve).

I do not know if the same thing happens if there are two spells on the chain for you to attempt to counter them both.

Diesbudt
10-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Did they use it with maybe 2 cards on the chain to counter? Every single time I've used it or seen it used since the last patch, it has locked the game, but all of those times, it was being cast with only one thing on the chain to attempt to respond to.

How it goes is this:
1. Opponent tries to cast a card.
2. You cast Countermagic targeting their card.
2a. (normally at this point, if you didn't have Chimes, the pass priority button would say "Resolve Countermagic.")
3. Chimes vibrates and the new copy of Countermagic flips onto the chain (love that new animation, BTW!).
4. The Chimes copy of Countermagic does not give you a chance to target anything. You get a priority window that says Resolve Countermagic. Clicking on it does nothing, it just pops up another identical priority window. No target for the copy of CM can be specified, and the game is stuck in a loop. The player who cast the CM will lose after 5 minutes due to inaction (even if you keep clicking to resolve).

I do not know if the same thing happens if there are two spells on the chain for you to attempt to counter them both.

Not in my case. It was 1 card. I would cast X, he would cast Counterspell. It would duplicate. And they would both resolve just fine.

ossuary
10-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Hmm... more testing required then, I suppose. I have never once had this work correctly since the patch, both against the AI and against players.

HeXBazou
10-12-2014, 01:52 PM
in the VIP turnament i had a similar bug when i played Yesterday with chime + archmage IG. It's maybe the same issue chime + archmage + counterspell