PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Misfortune With 1 Card Causes Freeze

ursa23
10-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Your Display Name: Cameron
Bug Description: Played Misfortune on AI. Game froze and could only be exited through concession
Steps to Reproduce: Play Misfortune (potentially any card draw exceeding AI's hand) when AI hand at 1
Frequency: Once, will attempt to reproduce
Additional Information: N/A

Snedley
03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
After today's patch I got a freeze when Mentor of the Grave played a Misfortune when I had three cards in hand. Unable to release freeze.

DreamPuppet
03-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Mentor of the grave also played misfortune on me while i had 1 card in hand and the game froze.

Ravarros
03-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Your Display Name:Ravarros
Bug Description:When Mentor plays a Misfortune it locks into a loop where you see pass priority on the screen . Clicking pass priority does nothing and it will not let you pick the cards to discard so that the game may move forward
Steps to Reproduce: See above . Allow Mentor to play misfortune
Frequency: Has happened both times today that I have played the arena
Additional Information: This is an issue that started to occur only after the 3/25 patch .

funktion
03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
I was never able to reproduce this when it originally came up but now that it has resurfaced I'll try again.

GatodasGotas
03-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Hi. my game froze after AI played misfortuned on arena. Tried to go out with Alt+F4 2 times, but everytime I came back in it would get worst.
I hope this info helps you.
Keep on with the good work, it's a beautifull game.

Best wishes

GaiusMarcus
03-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Your Display Name: GaiusMarcus

Bug Description: Mistfortune was played by the AI, created an Unable to Continue state. Quitting and restarting had no effect. Eventually lost due to time out.

Steps to Reproduce: Play Mentor of the Grave. Have two cards in hand, when AI plays Mistfortune.
Frequency: Just the once

Additional Information:
Mistfortune Bug (http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/TheMarcus7/Mistfortune_bug.jpg)

funktion
03-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Gonna mark as confirmed though I've been unable to reproduce (haven't had as much time to try variations though as I should).

Seems pretty clear that it is still taking place though. Let me know if people continue to have this pop up.

GaiusMarcus
03-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Just had it happen to me again. This time I had three Boulder Toss in my hand. The AI never got to the point where I could select cards to discard, it just froze (with indecision?)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/TheMarcus7/mistfortuneX2.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/TheMarcus7/media/mistfortuneX2.jpg.html)

Shippal
03-30-2015, 09:00 AM
It happened to me as well against Mentor of the Grave with 3 cards in hand. Similar board layout to Gaius (except with Robots).

poptasticboy
03-31-2015, 06:13 AM
Mentor of the Grave cast Misfortune against me when I had 5 cards in hand (3x Crackling Sprout, Wild Growth, Warrior of Andronicus) and the game got stuck. I never got a chance to choose cards to discard, it put me into an endless loop of clicking "Pass Priority" over and over again.
I restarted the client, the "timer" showed on my side, but I no longer even had a priority button to click, it was just completely stuck.

segalbaum
03-31-2015, 04:43 PM
I saw the same bug that others are referring to in two different manifestations.

The first time, I had 8 or 9 cards and it never gave me the option to discard anything. After reconnecting, the game was stuck with no action taking place.

The second time, I had fewer than 7 cards and was able to select them for discarding, but after doing so I got stuck in an infinite "Pass priority" loop.

zadies
04-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Also while discussing misfortune it appears that your opportunity to cast quck actions occurs after you select cards to discard thus making those quick actions impossible to use to counter it(or to get them out of your hand)

ossuary
04-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Also while discussing misfortune it appears that your opportunity to cast quck actions occurs after you select cards to discard thus making those quick actions impossible to use to counter it(or to get them out of your hand)

If you allow Misfortune to resolve, then it's already too late to counter it. You have to counter Misfortune while it's initially on the chain, not after you've allowed it to resolve and you're being prompted to discard cards. I have successfully countered Misfortune, so this piece is not bugged.

Dekallis
04-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Experienced this bug just now, against mentor of the grave I had used my burn to destroy one of her creatures leaving me with only 1 card in hand and got stuck in pass priority loop, disconnecting and reconnecting left the game locked where nothing happens at all had to concede the match to get out of it.

SirGregory
04-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Your Display Name: Morte

Bug Description: Mistfortune was played by the AI, created an Unable to Continue state. Quitting and restarting had no effect. Eventually lost due to time out.

Steps to Reproduce: Mentor of the Grave arena fight. Have three cards in hand, when AI plays Mistfortune.

Frequency: Multiple time in the arena

Additional Information:
Mistfortune Bug

Snedley
04-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Still happening today, this time with 3 cards in my hand, in a won game! Costing me a perfect tier.

ossuary
04-03-2015, 03:51 PM
It's going to keep happening until it's patched. Unless you download a patch and see patch notes, it's not going to change. ;)

LegoFortress
04-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Your Display Name: Silverwood

Steps to Reproduce: Mentor of the Grave arena fight. Have three cards in hand, when AI plays Mistfortune.

Frequency: Once for me

Additional Information:
Mistfortune Bug

Guess this wasn't in the most recent patch. Just figured I'd report it, I know, nothing new, but it felt good.

Raign
04-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Name: Silvens
Bug Description: Mentor of the Grave cast Misfortune. Game stuck at a pass priority loop. Screen shot attached (Looks like the Eternal Guardian preventing the damage is causing the issue as it is the damage component not resolving)

Pariahzkope
04-07-2015, 01:46 PM
This bug just happened to me as well.
AI played one misfortune, which resolved with no problems.
(I had to discard war bot dropship and gore feast).

The next turn AI played another Misfortune and the second one locked up my game.
I had 4 creatures out, 1 card in hand (gore feast).

Side note: an easy way to not hit this bug is to skip tier 1 arena, or not allow AI to cast misfortune. :)

Senkrad
04-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Just had this happen to me too. I had 3 cards in hand, Mentor played Misfortune and I was stuck in Pass Priority. Closing and reconnecting could not fix.

It's going to keep happening until it's patched. Unless you download a patch and see patch notes, it's not going to change. ;)

That is good to point out but I think it would be nice to know if the bug has been found and can be fixed, not just that it will happen until it is fixed

ossuary
04-08-2015, 04:45 PM
When we post that a bug is [Confirmed] that means that the bug has been duplicated by testers and is on CZE's list to fix. That's all we'll ever know about it on the forums until it is patched. Game companies don't tend to share coding details or root causes of coding bugs with the general populace, except in very special circumstances... not least of all because it's highly technical and often boring. :)

Senkrad
04-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Okay, thanks ossuary!

TWBfromTDOB
04-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Your Display Name: Bagudkabil
Bug Description: Mentor of the Grave in Frost Ring Arena played Misfortune with one card in hand and the game became frozen at "Pass Priority" window.
Steps to Reproduce: Have Mentor of the Grave play Misfortune against me with one card in hand.
Frequency: Has happened twice to me today.
Additional Information: Just updating since this happened to me as well... twice in a row. :(

Chiany
04-13-2015, 02:01 AM
Really frustrating, this bug keeps popping up every run I do now, and CZE doesn't even offer reimbursement for it.

Not going to play until they fix this and work on their customer support.

First time I am dissapointed in HexEnt...

ps. I don't care about the not getting reimbursement, but they should have taken this opponent out of the running until fixed.

ossuary
04-13-2015, 04:27 AM
You want reimbursement for the thing you paid nothing for? Okay, here's your zero cents back that you paid to enter the Arena. ;)

There's only one opponent in the whole arena that uses this card, and they're in tier 1. If you can't beat her before she uses it... just skip tier 1?

Bararuku
06-06-2015, 07:46 PM
While i was using Mono Blood I was playing against eternal guardian and I had Corrupt Harvester out on the field and brood creeper and he had passed to my turn with only two life. He had one card in hand and I used misfortune to take out his life to zero ad win the game. Well It was stuck after activating the card and then sat there even as I was pressing. I then restarted my client and returned to the game and the card was missing from play and was not in my graveyard but was still stuck in that phase. I shortly surrendered after that. No wonder you call it Misfortune...:blood::blood::blood:

ossuary
06-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Merging with existing thread. :)

Bararuku
06-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Lol Im glad we confirmed that its a known bug :D