PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update Darkspire Secrets

Phenteo
10-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Learn more about the Darkspire Secrets...

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-darkspire-secrets/

Rycajo
10-17-2014, 05:57 PM
That Darkspire is cruel.

Counter
10-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Why is that every card Set 2 card looks soooooo fun! The waiting is killing me.

jonsnow2000
10-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Sort of a disappointing update. I was hoping for a bit more than the usual recap of the week and the usual set 2 spoiler. The card is amazing though.

bootlace
10-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Awesome card, not even Unique! Orcs just became legit.

hex_colin
10-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Sort of a disappointing update. I was hoping for a bit more than the usual recap of the week and the usual set 2 spoiler. The card is amazing though.

Can't really have it both ways. People crying out for more frequent updates and HEX doing that through Phenteo = less to share on Friday.

asdf2000
10-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Yeah but there is a lot going on right now, I mean we have had an update every day for quite a while now. So be happy :-)

Lawlschool
10-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Oh man, Orc Suicide Deck ftw.

ossuary
10-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Can't really have it both ways. People crying out for more frequent updates and HEX doing that through Phenteo = less to share on Friday.

Indeed.

Also, try to remember that the weekly updates are not just for the forum goers, they are for the more casual fans who don't necessarily keep up with every tiny tidbit of information that comes out. It's perfectly fine to use the Friday update as a recap of stuff forum readers already know, because for all the other people who don't read the forums, this is probably the first they're hearing of it.

Some weeks we'll get juicy new info even on Friday, sometimes we'll get really big articles with details on upcoming stuff, and sometimes it's just going to be a recap. That's just how it goes. :)

Edswor
10-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Can't wait for set 2 to get the new cards and make new decks.

Drabix
10-19-2014, 08:40 AM
I was hoping for more Darkspire goodness in the future. They seem like fun cards but are a touch gimped with only 2 atm. Thanks for the update.

jonsnow2000
10-19-2014, 09:04 AM
There are 2 Darkspires in Set 1 and at least 2 in Set 2, so you have a pretty solid base of 16 Darkspire Cards to fill your deck. Add a bunch of removal / grave retrieval and you have a solid foundation.

Xaxius
10-19-2014, 05:00 PM
yet another free tournament I miss because of short notice. please cryptozoic give us more notice for stuff like this. I cant plan for and play in a tournament that I don't find out about until after its over.

Xenavire
10-20-2014, 04:50 AM
yet another free tournament I miss because of short notice. please cryptozoic give us more notice for stuff like this. I cant plan for and play in a tournament that I don't find out about until after its over.

Several days is not 'short notice', and nobody got to play - it never launched.

hex_colin
10-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Several days is not 'short notice', and nobody got to play - it never launched.

Clearly what we actually need is for Cory to personally call every single account owner to invite them to play, and reschedule as needed to ensure that everyone is available at the same time. ;)

More seriously. I agree, Xen, there was more than enough notice for this one. Not everyone gets to participate in every test - such is life.

Yoss
10-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Big events should be announced in the Friday update prior to it (at least a weak ahead). (I was not affected.)

hex_colin
10-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Big events should be announced in the Friday update prior to it (at least a weak ahead). (I was not affected.)

This was not a big event. It was a load test in an ongoing Beta. The only consideration is that there is enough notice to get enough people involved to test what needs to be tested. That was clearly the case.

Voormas
10-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Yea, I mean I wish they were scheduled in a way that worked better for Australians but realistically it's all about getting enough people that it will be a meaningful test so I don't mind missing out on each one (latest was 6am on a Sunday so if I REALLY wanted to I could have but c'mon man I'm only human :p)