PDA

View Full Version : October VIP Tournaments

Shaqattaq
10-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Tournament formats change by month, so Octoberís VIP format is Sealed and Novemberís will be Constructed. Tournament start times are as follows (in Pacific time).

Friday, October 24th: 10:00 AM, 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 25th: 3:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 6:00 PM
Sunday, October 26th: 9:00 AM

https://hextcg.com/october-vip-tournaments/

Kami
10-23-2014, 04:47 PM
6 tournaments*128 max players each=768 players able to participate.

Is the number of VIP players really this low?

Well, considering the average VIP tournament size last time seemed to only be about 40-90 depending on time, I don't think it'll ever peak.

cavench
10-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Since Sept's VIP ticket has no expiration, I decided to hold on to it. If there are others like me, then there will be more attendance this weekend.

tazalots
10-23-2014, 05:12 PM
so it like 14 dollar to play that to much money well at least i get 52 pack a year so you spend 50 dollors to buy vip so you get a chance to spend 14 dollars a mounth i stick with buying boster pack.

don;t get me wrong i love the game ive spent about 250.00 on it and ill spind a ton more. ther is not much i coud not find on what vip member ship give you or what enter vip torment intell so i bought it any how wile you coud get it

a-V-e-n
10-23-2014, 05:13 PM
I think it should be relevant that last month there were no VIPs that could be bought for platinum, unlike this month. Some accounts should also receive 2 VIP tickets because of this. But I don't have any statistics on how many players bought VIP for plat... I bought it, and I expect hundreds of KS backers with rich accounts should also have done it, but is it true?

Aradon
10-23-2014, 05:42 PM
so it like 14 dollar to play that to much money well at least i get 52 pack a year so you spend 50 dollors to buy vip so you get a chance to spend 14 dollars a mounth i stick with buying boster pack

When you spend 48 dollars to buy 12 months of VIP, you get 104 dollars of booster packs. I'd recommend VIP, but it's no longer available. If you did get VIP, I wouldn't feel too bad about your investment.

Oh also you get to participate in tournaments that reward 20-dollar alternate art cards if you win just half your matches. Might be worth the entry fee.

Zulika_Mi_Nam
10-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like there are 2 tourneys up now 131-076 & 655-38 - maybe the scheduler kicked off early?

elfstone
10-23-2014, 07:23 PM
seriosly, 2 wins nets you 40-50$ worth of AA cards, thats a win win right there.

Aradon
10-23-2014, 07:32 PM
thats a win win right there.

/rimshot

Yoss
10-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Ugh. Both the KS and the normal VIP have expiration?!!? Can we please get these changed to on-demand in that case? (Still just the one weekend.) The current time slots are not sufficient.

nicosharp
10-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Ugh. Both the KS and the normal VIP have expiration?!!? Can we please get these changed to on-demand in that case? (Still just the one weekend.) The current time slots are not sufficient.

There is no way I can utilize both tickets.... I guess I'll just chalk it up to saving money on an additional entry fee.

What happens, and this is a big if, when a 128 fills, and its the only 128 you have time to play as a VIP? Is there no way for there to be multiple 128 man VIP tourneys for the same timeslot if the demand is high enough?

Gwaer
10-23-2014, 11:26 PM
The vip situation is definitely not ideal. If it is at all workable they'll likely keep it as is, since the program is discontinued now anyway. I can't imagine being able to use all my tickets either =(

AstaSyneri
10-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Just a reminder: While California changes their daylight savings time on November 2nd (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/los-angeles), Germany (and possibly other European countries) do so this Sunday night 2 a.m. Germany then basically moves from GMT +2 to GMT +1 or PDT +9 to PDT +8.

IF I calculated this correctly ;-).

As for the tournaments filling up or not: Apparently last time around that was not a problem despite an abundance of tickets, correct? The solution is to check in early (1-2 hours) and secure your spot on the queue. I am sure HexEnt will be monitoring this and possibly split the tournament(s) if they reach a near-maximum early.

Voormas
10-24-2014, 12:59 AM
I said in a different thread but I think that the time slots are fine - thinking about in the future when there are fewer VIPs we wouldn't want to split up queues too hard or nobody will end up getting to play

Dorkelvania
10-24-2014, 04:31 AM
I just wish there was at least one more tournament on Sunday.

Hatts
10-24-2014, 08:15 AM
6 tournaments*128 max players each=768 players able to participate.

Is the number of VIP players really this low?

There are over 8000 3 month VIP kickstarter rewards out there, so no it's not that low. Even taking in to account multiple pledges on the same account it's clear that they expect a large portion of the tickets to go unused.

ManofPeace
10-24-2014, 08:39 AM
10:00 AM PDT Tournament filled about 2 hours early. A handful? of people complained that, that was the only one that could make and didn't get in.
Also please no server crash

nicosharp
10-24-2014, 09:13 AM
This needs to be addressed immediately.

Gwaer
10-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I agree. It's very silly.

Lukezors
10-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah there definitely isn't enough tournaments. I arrived home with 40 minutes to spare only to find out the tournament was full.

OutlandishMatt
10-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Well, considering the average VIP tournament size last time seemed to only be about 40-90 depending on time, I don't think it'll ever peak.

Also, platinum entry was 2.5x more. I'm sure there are a lot more people wanting to burn Set 1 packs than there are wanting to waste a VIP ticket on a format they don't have the cards for.

Yoss
10-24-2014, 08:11 PM
They should just offer one every hour on the hour. If some of them don't fire, no big deal.

Heck, they could even just treat them as 16-man on-demand queues and it would suit me just fine. Not like having more players in there actually means anything to the play experience (except maybe getting a bye here and there).

hex_colin
10-24-2014, 08:19 PM
They should just offer one every hour on the hour. If some of them don't fire, no big deal.

It's a very big deal, especially if someone has limited time available and then the tournament they can make doesn't fire. Much better to schedule your time around a tourney that's guaranteed to fire.

Yoss
10-24-2014, 08:24 PM
It's a very big deal, especially if someone has limited time available and then the tournament they can make doesn't fire. Much better to schedule your time around a tourney that's guaranteed to fire.

They're hitting the 128 player cap on each event. The minimum is 16. In other words, they have enough to cover at least 7 additional time slot per current time slot. So maybe not every hour, but certainly a lot more slots than they have now.

Voormas
10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
A lot of people will be using some of their non-expiring VIP tickets so there is probably more demand than usual, but also thinking about going into the future where there are fewer VIPs and it just makes sense that you want every queue to fire because people are organizing their weekend around it

Xaxius
10-25-2014, 01:18 AM
yet another month of vip tourneys I cant attend because of my work schedule. cant they have a game sometime AFTER 9:00 PM seriously i usually work 10 to 7 so i cannot attend any of these the only time i usually have free to start a tourney would be between 9pm and Midnight.

YourOpponent
10-25-2014, 03:15 AM
yet another month of vip tourneys I cant attend because of my work schedule. cant they have a game sometime AFTER 9:00 PM seriously i usually work 10 to 7 so i cannot attend any of these the only time i usually have free to start a tourney would be between 9pm and Midnight.

Agreed thankfully I was able to enter 1 of the 7 available due to my work schedule. Technically I COULD enter the late one starting in two minutes, but that would mean just 3 hours of sleep when I work in quality control for food products...which wouldn't be a good idea! So instead I feel like I'm wasting a ticket for a great opportunity and fun event just because there aren't more time slots available.

Yoss
10-25-2014, 10:55 AM
They just double overflowed the 11:00 slot. I'd say they can easily add a lot more time slots. 256 players could spread over 8 slots easy.

MongoGrubb
10-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Are undefeated decks going to be posted for these tournaments? I sure would like to see them if possible.

Thanks.

nicosharp
10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Are undefeated decks going to be posted for these tournaments? I sure would like to see them if possible.

Thanks.
Not for sealed. Chark was asked this question in game, and gave a good explanation as to why some card pools are vastly greater than others due to sheer luck. It would just make people upset to see how lucky other people were.

Xenavire
10-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Not for sealed. Chark was asked this question in game, and gave a good explanation as to why some card pools are vastly greater than others due to sheer luck. It would just make people upset to see how lucky other people were.

I still think it would be neat to see, for two reasons - 1, to see who (if anyone) went 4-0 multiple times (because luck only takes someone so far), and 2, to see what 'low luck' decks pulled off epic upsets. I faced a ton of legendaries over the weekend, and only opened one over 3 tournaments (an Ozawa, with no diamond support) and only a handful of playable rares over the whole weekend - I am sure there are many decks that performed well with the bare minimum.

I understand why it isn't being shown, but I still think it would be neat to see. This is why we need clubs... I would have a toe/finger in every pie, to see as much info as possible.

YourOpponent
10-29-2014, 08:46 AM
I still think it would be neat to see, for two reasons - 1, to see who (if anyone) went 4-0 multiple times (because luck only takes someone so far), and 2, to see what 'low luck' decks pulled off epic upsets. I faced a ton of legendaries over the weekend, and only opened one over 3 tournaments (an Ozawa, with no diamond support) and only a handful of playable rares over the whole weekend - I am sure there are many decks that performed well with the bare minimum.

I understand why it isn't being shown, but I still think it would be neat to see. This is why we need clubs... I would have a toe/finger in every pie, to see as much info as possible.

I agree. I would of loved looking at the 4-0 Sealed decks. Sure some of them could have 3 or 4 legendaries in them and I can see how people would be upset by that, but it's interesting seeing what people piece together with the random stuff...then again I'd also want tot see what they chose not to use too, but that would be a lot of info and would probably need more of a search engine type format than just copying pasting...or at least a link to click on to see all the cards they had in the sealed (complete with the deck they used) to make things neater.

Skoglar
10-30-2014, 08:36 AM
I went 4-0 in one of the tournaments with a deck with only commons and uncommons. Pretty happy with that :) so yea you would see all kinds of decks. Would still be interesting to see the decklists i agree. The more information the better. Which shard was most successful, which champion. Which rare/legendary was most often not used...Give us an API to the decks/reserves and I'm sure there would be an awesome interface in no time :p

Warrender
10-30-2014, 11:20 AM
My 4-0 deck was a pile and I really doubt it would cause any sort of deck envy. Funnily enough, a guildie opened up a broken pool of Legendary and Rare bombs and he went 2-2 with it. :D