PDA

View Full Version : October VIP Tournaments Update

Phenteo
10-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Due to high demand, we've posted an update about tournaments this month.

https://hextcg.com/october-vip-tournaments-update/

Kami
10-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Unrelated but can you confirm when the last time we will be able to earn the Gralk and Inquisitor AAs will be? Current sources point to the tournaments next month?

Mascus
10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Hypothetically what would happen if the overflow tournament also fills?

Xenavire
10-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Hypothetically what would happen if the overflow tournament also fills?

More than likely they would continue to open them until they stopped filling.

Yoss
10-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Why are you increasing the cap instead of offering more times? Makes no sense.

hex_colin
10-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Why are you increasing the cap instead of offering more times? Makes no sense.

Because tournaments with a 256 cap still fire with 16 participants. Also, offering new times after 3 months of publicizing these times might be confusing to some folks.

Best not to read too much into the demand for Sealed this month - there are way more tickets than usual floating about, and people still don't have their playsets. I'd bet you participation would be markedly down if we hit a second Sealed month with the same AAs.

Yoss
10-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Makes no sense. More flexibility in schedule means more people will be able to play, which should always be the goal.

Ideally, the whole weekend would be one giant Asynch event, but obviously that code's far from ready.

YourOpponent
10-24-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree more time slots would make more sense than the 256. The main reason being due to Kickstarter VIP overlapping with regular VIP so people are getting at least 2 VIP tickets with expiration dates. Where the only two I can do due to work is the one right now and the one right after it leaving me with 2-3 hours of sleep that night with going to work right afterwards. Where a few more time slots would be amazing even if it was just 3 time slots over the 3 day period.

Voormas
10-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Yea some kind of async VIP would be awesome, but I think with the system we have now it makes sense not to split queues and so setting up a standard and sticking to it