PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Daily Streaming

Shaqattaq
10-24-2014, 05:30 PM
We’re excited to announce that we’ll have daily streaming content starting on Sunday, October 26th on our Twitch channel. We’re hosting community member content on our page.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-daily-streaming

hex_colin
10-24-2014, 05:35 PM
This is awesome news. :) What a great way to support some of our best streamers. Congratulations to all!

Xenavire
10-24-2014, 05:39 PM
It's very strange... This is quite possibly the most disappointing update I have seen in the entire history of Hex. It's not that its a bad update... It fine. But, well, streaming isn't very exciting. I have been a streamer, and would love to be a streamer again, but really, I can tune into any of those streams whenever I want.

It is great that progress has been made to bring some publicity - I will never say this is a bad idea, because its a great idea. But damn, it lacks impact and excitement for me, because I know all those guys. I have even faced several of them, and walked away satisfied - but I can't say it excites me to have another place to watch them. I was perfectly happy tuning into a stream now and then already. :p

Colin, cheer me up! :p

hex_colin
10-24-2014, 05:45 PM
It's very strange... This is quite possibly the most disappointing update I have seen in the entire history of Hex. It's not that its a bad update... It fine. But, well, streaming isn't very exciting. I have been a streamer, and would love to be a streamer again, but really, I can tune into any of those streams whenever I want.

It is great that progress has been made to bring some publicity - I will never say this is a bad idea, because its a great idea. But damn, it lacks impact and excitement for me, because I know all those guys. I have even faced several of them, and walked away satisfied - but I can't say it excites me to have another place to watch them. I was perfectly happy tuning into a stream now and then already. :p

Colin, cheer me up! :p

Well, it's slightly different. They're all streaming 1 day a week on behalf of HEX now. So, more prize support for those streams, more giveaways, etc. :) And hopefully the guys get something out of it too.

It's also encouraging in that we're clearly starting the publicity train, even if it's just baby steps.

asdf2000
10-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah what I took out of it is that they are starting to advertise, which optimistic me takes as a sign that open beta could be coming soon.

Aradon
10-24-2014, 05:53 PM
It is odd. I was just saying that I think its too early to get streaming visibility, and I still think that's true. I don't feel like Hex has a good presentation right now, with its bugs and crashes, and would prefer everything be perfectly smooth before starting any real heavy advertising.

Xenavire
10-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Well, it's slightly different. They're all streaming 1 day a week on behalf of HEX now. So, more prize support for those streams, more giveaways, etc. :) And hopefully the guys get something out of it too.

It's also encouraging in that we're clearly starting the publicity train, even if it's just baby steps.

I think I would be interested in the prizes... If it didn't feel like even entering a contest was stealing from a new player who needs it more than me. So that part doesn't get me excited, it makes me sad. :p

I am happy we are seeing the publicity/hype train being fueled up, ready to leave the station, but frankly, until open beta is out, I can't see why this is even a thing - we need that last bit of stability sorted before I can really support 'official' streaming. I love what all these streamers too, and at one point I did my best to be part of their group, but theres a huge jump from their current presentations to officially representing HexEnt. I am sure they are up to the task - it's not their performance I am worried about though, its the servers. This week hasn't been inspiring (and well, you know my deal Colin, I know all about it. Hints and all that. :p)

If HexEnt is able to kill the bugs plaguing tournaments (the priority bug first and foremost) then my tune will change. But I just don't feel like things are in place... Just yet.

hacky
10-24-2014, 06:05 PM
It is odd. I was just saying that I think its too early to get streaming visibility, and I still think that's true. I don't feel like Hex has a good presentation right now, with its bugs and crashes, and would prefer everything be perfectly smooth before starting any real heavy advertising.

We casters give Hex streaming visibility regardless of any official schedule on the official HexTCG twitch channel. If anything, us casters have the unique ability to put context to all the visibility we give Hex through our regular casts through interaction with our viewers.

Looking forward to seeing the regular content begin! :D

ryuukan
10-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Raredrafted away my weekly free ticket this morning.

This was not an update for Kickstarter backers, this was an update for people who are waiting on a beta key.

I can only imagine the depression that filled Shaq/Phenteo as they posted this.

hacky
10-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I can only imagine the depression that filled Shaq/Phenteo as they posted this.

I don't understand. Scheduling regular livestream content for Hex is not a trivial thing. It's also not something that takes away from active development of the features that you, I, and everyone else wants to see.

You know what would be an actual "depressing" update? Having literally nothing to say.

ryuukan
10-24-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't understand. Scheduling regular livestream content for Hex is not a trivial thing. It's also not something that takes away from active development of the features that you, I, and everyone else wants to see.

You know what would be an actual "depressing" update? Having literally nothing to say.

You can call this news whatever you like, but for a Kickstarter update, it's a footnote at best.

You're right that this doesn't take away from development of hextcg. It also says nothing about development either, which is what the Kickstarter updates are supposed to be about.

So yes, there was "literally nothing to say" about development and indeed very depressing. Your words were spot on.

Shaqattaq
10-24-2014, 06:39 PM
We've been communicating multiple times per day about the project on the website, in the forums, and on social media. We've been patching nearly every day for the last two weeks. So, there's not going to be much to say on this particular Friday. In what basically amounts to a 4-day cycle, we are going to have those moments where either we've already communicated most of the news Monday through Thursday, or we're continuing to work on features we discussed just 7 days ago.

As for streaming, it's important that we recognize the work that our fans do in creating content and the opportunity there is to help those players in featuring their work, helping them continue to develop the content they've been inspired to make. It's also a great chance for other players to be inspired by that work and begin streaming themselves. This project has been a partnership since the Kickstarter launched, and this is another way for us to work with HEX fans to grow the community.

Aradon
10-24-2014, 06:49 PM
I do agree. This isn't something I'm tremendously excited for, but it's not even close to a trivial update. Considering how much else has been going on with Hex, I'm really impressed with this surprising and large development in addition to everything else.

Xenavire
10-24-2014, 06:59 PM
We've been communicating multiple times per day about the project on the website, in the forums, and on social media. We've been patching nearly every day for the last two weeks. So, there's not going to be much to say on this particular Friday. In what basically amounts to a 4-day cycle, we are going to have those moments where either we've already communicated most of the news Monday through Thursday, or we're continuing to work on features we discussed just 7 days ago.

As for streaming, it's important that we recognize the work that our fans do in creating content and the opportunity there is to help those players in featuring their work, helping them continue to develop the content they've been inspired to make. It's also a great chance for other players to be inspired by that work and begin streaming themselves. This project has been a partnership since the Kickstarter launched, and this is another way for us to work with HEX fans to grow the community.

Well, when PvE is out Shaq, I could do a Saturday or Sunday regular stream - I even have a PC I might be able to 'borrow' for a few hours on those days that will let me come through with better content than I have put out in the past.

So, have your people contact... Well, I don't have people, but I can definitely showcase a lot of PvE stuff. :)

RCDv57
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Monday – Infam0usne0 hosts the viewer challenge and a monthly HEX-themed game show at 4 PM Pacific

Whats the viewer challenge? I just started a weekly event involving challenges on Monday.
Is this famous Hexer with an amazing theme song taking over Funday Monday?

It's cool as I am pretty sure that this was planned far before my spontaneous decision to blatantly rip off Day9.

EDIT: Typos

Gwaer
10-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Neo has been doing viewer challenges for a long time, they're fun you should check out the stream.

Cirouss
10-25-2014, 03:46 AM
So, little update from my side: I completely forgot that the VIP WOULD cross my this weeks sealed schedule. So I will postpone my time for this Sunday to 9 AM to play the VIP sealed tournament, that is more intresting IMO. So this Sunday at 9AM PDT I am going live on the official stream instead of 7 AM!

Cirouss

Slish
10-25-2014, 08:24 AM
So, little update from my side: I completely forgot that the VIP WOULD cross my this weeks sealed schedule. So I will postpone my time for this Sunday to 9 AM to play the VIP sealed tournament, that is more intresting IMO. So this Sunday at 9AM PDT I am going live on the official stream instead of 7 AM!

Cirouss

Might wanna edit the newspost then Shaqattaq, Phenteo or some other Dev? :)

RCDv57
10-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Neo has been doing viewer challenges for a long time, they're fun you should check out the stream.

Sounds like fun!

havocattack
10-26-2014, 03:40 AM
I will be streaming on Saturdays at around 7pm Pacific :)

chromus
10-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Great to see Hex Ent.'s official support of these streamers who provide a lot of value for the community.