PDA

View Full Version : DC Deck-Building Game: Terrible Box Design

harliequin
10-25-2014, 07:22 AM
So I LOVE DC Deckbuilder, but I'm highly disappointed in the box design. The separators make it incredibly frustrating each time I begin and end my game.

The slots for the cards are inconsistent and, no matter how I try to arrange them, the cards never fit flush in the box. Plus the compartment for the main deck is just the right size for the cards to lay flat and then I have to either upend the box to get the cards out safely or risk bending my cards as I try to pick them out since there are no convenient finger slots.

Additionally, the all-too-roomy compartment for the character cards does the same thing, only it DOES have finger slots, but they don't reach anywhere near the bottom. So, again, I have to either upend the box or bend the cards.

And what is up with 1/3 of the box being completely un-useable? It isn't even like an expansion could be added, its just completely useless space taken up for the mere purpose of making the box look more substantial (misleading). In reality, the box itself could be 1/3 of the size it is. And STILL be a great game (that wouldn't bother those of us with OCD).

I hate to complain about a game I really love, but man...this box really gets on my nerves!

LexLuthorJr
10-25-2014, 11:11 AM
That's why I recommend not using the game box. It is just not practical. I sleeved all my cards and put them in one of those 400-count white card boxes. The cards slant enough that the SuperHero cards can lay on top and the box closes.

It works perfectly, in my opinion. It keeps the official box in nice condition because you aren't carrying it around, and it's a fraction of the size.

DimeDrl
10-25-2014, 01:37 PM
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16399121

Read through this thread on BGG. It should help your store better.

kainbloodheart
10-29-2014, 02:02 PM
I have no problem fitting the various cards in the separators with plastic sleeves on.

Also I can fit the main deck with the crisis cards on their side in the main compartment.

I agree with the hero cards bit.

Bomb
10-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Plus the compartment for the main deck is just the right size for the cards to lay flat and then I have to either upend the box to get the cards out safely or risk bending my cards as I try to pick them out since there are no convenient finger slots.

I never actually thought this compartment was designed to lay the cards flat. I always laid the main deck on it's side in this slot because of the reasons you just stated. Once I got that routine going, the other parts of the box didn't bother me anymore.

I'm not saying the design is good, because it's not really, but it's at least tolerable now.