PDA

View Full Version : RAINBOW Style TOURNAMENT - Hex T-Shirts/Packs/Gold

JakeFreedom
10-29-2014, 10:24 AM
CALLING ALL HEXERS,

So this will be my first attempt at doing this, if you follow my YouTube channel you will know that I have been talking about this for a couple weeks now. When the Hex T-Shirts went on sale I bought 3 of them(1 for me and 2 to give away). Someone mentioned do a tournament with a different flavor. So that is what this is.

If you are not familiar with a RAINBOW style deck it's really fairly simple. Build a 60 card deck using all the color including colorless. Each color will support 6 cards or SLOTS(1-6) if you will. The Card in slot 1 must be a casting cost of 1, the card in slot 2 must be a casting cost of 2 and in slot 3, yep you guessed it casting cost of 3 so on down the line till all 6 slots are filled.

Do this will all 5 colors and the color less and you end up with a deck of 36 cards.
The rest is all resources, 4 of each color and 4 Shards of Fate for a total of 24.

The link below will describe the Rule and Format for you and show you an example of filling your slots, and also what types of cards can't be used.

Format & Rules (http://www.jakefreedom.net/documents/rainbowtournament.pdf)

I will talk more about this on on the next installment of HEX: Shards of Fate - Update Saturday.
So if you have questions or concerns, please let me know. I am not saying that I didn't forget anything. Like I said this is my first attempt at putting on a tournament.

If you would like to participate in the tournament its' free of course all you have to do is let my tournament system know who you are. You can tell him by clicking HERE (http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament)

This should be a fun format, I am curious to see what type of deck will be boss if any really.

Tournament Begins November 10th. Sign up will end November 8th at 11:59pm. Pairings will be posted on November 9th.

PRIZES go like this
1st: HEX T-Shirt + 5 Set 1 Booster Packs(Up from 3) + 15k gold
2nd: HEX T-Shirt + 4 Set 1 Booster Packs(Update from 2) + 10k gold
3rd: 2 Set 1 Booster Pack(Up from 1) + 5k gold
4th: 2 Set 1 Booster Pack(Up from 1)

Then at random, 4 players will be selected and receive a 1 Set 1 booster pack.
Thanks again to funktion for the additional 10 packs to add to the prize pool.

I know it's not much, but it's better than a KICK IN THE TEETH.. :-)

Again, please let me know if I missed something or if you have a question.

BTW: You have check out my HEX:Shards of Fate - Update Saturday series either by clicking the link in my signature or HERE (http://www.youtube.com/jakefreedomjf)

Thank You,
Jf

JakeFreedom
10-29-2014, 10:24 AM

YourOpponent
10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Just to make sure I understand the rules right cards like Time Ripple and Buccaneer are allowed right?

JakeFreedom
10-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Yep, Time Ripple would go in your number 2 slot and Buccaneer would be in your number 3 slot when filling the Sapphire slots.

I see why you asked this question, when I say "You can't use cards where the casting cost is changed based on board state." meaning cards like Pterobot, it's base casting cost is 7, which doesn't fit.

N3rd4Christ
10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Signed up!

N3rd4Christ
10-29-2014, 05:43 PM
The deckbuilding part is interesting... Everyone will run Battle TEch (Sapphire), Heavy Welding BOt (Colorless), Hell Hound (Ruby)... The choices are tough.

funktion
10-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Looks like fun to me!

Edit: with that said... I think having rares / legendaries enabled would make it more interesting. You can't have more than one copy of a card anyways so it's not as if having them is all that impactful towards budget minded players.

JakeFreedom
10-29-2014, 08:08 PM
This is true funktion. That is something I considered. But for the first go around, figured I would try this format and see what everyone thinks. This hopefully isn't just a one time deal and that I can hold more of these tournament. Opening up the cards to everything will certainly be an option in the future.

YourOpponent
10-30-2014, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't be against it with rares/legendaries, but when I read about the contest I was excited that it was without rares/legendaries. So oten people seem to rely on them, but this forces people to get a little more creative and see what they can do without them. For example do you go for 7/8 Shin'Haar anyway in the rainbow deck or do you decide to go with something more versatile. I was surprised that Champion abilities aren't allowed though.

The only four cards that are required for this tournament are all six cost and they are:

Captain of the Dragon Guard (Diamond)
Hellhound (Ruby)
Heavy Welding Bot (Artifact)
Elite Battle Tech (Sapphire)

funktion
10-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for pointing out the no champ power, hadn't even noticed that and it definitely cuts down on the options even further. I am still excited about this but I am a bit concerned that having so many restrictions (to an already fairly narrow format) might turn people off.

@jake: Amy chance you'll be streaming promo / warmup matches in the next few days leading to it? I'd join in if you need an opponent

Gwaer
10-30-2014, 11:12 PM
I'd also like to point out, I run a lot of 5 color decks, and consider myself something of an expert. As written his format will have a lot of people color screwed, and probably just straight up mana screwed. It's important to run more shards in these kinds of decks, IMO I'd cut it down to required. 1-5 of all shards+colorless with 5 wild slots that can each be used for shard or a single copy of a 1-5 cost non rare/legendary that isn't already in the deck to maintain it's highlander intent. That will allow enough freedom to run multiple 1-5 cost cards in various colors, but not double up on cards.

JakeFreedom
10-31-2014, 06:03 AM
Thanks for pointing out the no champ power, hadn't even noticed that and it definitely cuts down on the options even further. I am still excited about this but I am a bit concerned that having so many restrictions (to an already fairly narrow format) might turn people off.

@jake: Amy chance you'll be streaming promo / warmup matches in the next few days leading to it? I'd join in if you need an opponent

Hadn't even thought about it, but could certainly do that. I will hit you up in game sometime.

I know the format does sound limited, but by narrowing things down there are still some really tough choices that you have to make when putting a deck together. For those who haven't tried to assemble a deck, give it a shot. The higher cost cards are easy because there are so few, but from 1 - 4, you certainly find your self asking, "Should I take this for x slot of should I use something else."

Thanks,
Jf

Galvayra
11-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Any restrictions on gems? and signed up!

YourOpponent
11-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Hadn't even thought about it, but could certainly do that. I will hit you up in game sometime.

I know the format does sound limited, but by narrowing things down there are still some really tough choices that you have to make when putting a deck together. For those who haven't tried to assemble a deck, give it a shot. The higher cost cards are easy because there are so few, but from 1 - 4, you certainly find your self asking, "Should I take this for x slot of should I use something else."

Thanks,
Jf

Yeah some of the 1 cost wild cards have been a pretty tough decision. Go with the 1 cost buff, cottontail ronin, Howling Brave, or Pheromones?

L1ght
11-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Signed Up!

Looks like alot of fun - thanks for organising this - custom website and everything!

JakeFreedom
11-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Any restrictions on gems? and signed up!

No restrictions on gems.

funktion
11-01-2014, 09:03 PM
What day does the tournament start? I see only 6 entrants currently, is that correct. If it reaches 16 entrants I'll donate towards the prize pool to sweeten the deal.

Nvm says on the signup page that it will start nov 10. Don't see that though on the OP, you might wanna update that since it seems somewhat critical.

JakeFreedom
11-02-2014, 07:32 AM
What day does the tournament start? I see only 6 entrants currently, is that correct. If it reaches 16 entrants I'll donate towards the prize pool to sweeten the deal.

Nvm says on the signup page that it will start nov 10. Don't see that though on the OP, you might wanna update that since it seems somewhat critical.

Good point. I figured I would miss one or two details. Thank you for pointing that out. I have edited the OP. Currently up to 8 at the time of this post.

JakeFreedom
11-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Is is against the rules of the forum to post a link to another thread in another sub-form? Figured I would give this a little more exposure, thought maybe some people don't read the FAN SITE side of the forum.

Thanks,
Jf

funktion
11-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Is is against the rules of the forum to post a link to another thread in another sub-form? Figured I would give this a little more exposure, thought maybe some people don't read the FAN SITE side of the forum.
Thanks,
Jf

There's kinda a grey area, I some posts x-posted, see others closed. See some stuff like this posted in the general forums and then in other cases see it moved elsewhere.

Overall though it seems like if you're holding an event that you should put that in general forums instead.

desk
11-05-2014, 06:01 AM
yeah you should of posted original thread in general. I have never gone to this sub forum, but saw your link post while it was in general.

Thanks for making this tournament I like building decks for these different formats its a good change of pace.

Ditsch
11-06-2014, 07:55 AM
I only found out about it because the original thread was in general this was the first time for me comming to fansite news subforum and i wasn't aware user tournament should be here as rock didn't get moved but rainbow and 10 dollar did get moved so i am not aware what's the correct place. Maybe some mod can enlighten us. :)

funktion
11-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Aye & normally when someone moves it, they also kinda stamp it. Neither of these threads were stamped. The fansite forums are kinda where threads go to die and it'd definitely be nice to keep getting some community activity with folks hosting these tournaments. It takes a lot of time to put this stuff together so the more visibility the better.

Necro
11-06-2014, 02:02 PM
sign me up
ign:necromancer

JakeFreedom
11-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Follow this link to sign up http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament.

Couple more days left for sign up!

Thank you everyone that has signed up so far.

Jf,

pjvedder
11-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I'd love to sign up and play in this, but I'm going to be away on vacation next week. Love the idea and hope to play in a future tournament.

JakeFreedom
11-09-2014, 08:50 AM
There was a total of 20 entries, that is good so there won't be any *byes* in the early rounds. Pairings have been generated and you can view them HERE (http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx).

It is up to you and your opponent to determine the best time to play. In the future you will be able to do that on the tournament site, I just didn't have time to get that piece built. So in the mean time use this forum, in game mail or what ever method works best for you.

Also a big thanks goes out to funktion, adding an additional 10 packs to the prize pool. Much appreciated, thank you!

If you have any questions let me know here in this thread or email me jake.freedom(at)jakefreedom(dot)net
Good luck to all.

Remember tournament starts November 10th 12:00AM CST, also you will have 48hrs to complete the round.

YourOpponent
11-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Great. Just two things.

1.) Could you update the prizes in your OP.
2.) Since it's best two out of 3 is it going to be the loser decides whether or not they go first or is it going to be whoever wins the coin flip decides?

Also Blitz this is Bacon. What time is good for you and day? Any day and time is great for me except 10:00 to 17:00 CST.

JakeFreedom
11-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Hmm, never thought about that at all. I think this go around, just let the coin flip decide.

L1ght
11-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Hey Treasure if your reading this... when would be good for you to hold our match?

Ditsch
11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Light any evening is good after 18:00 gmt/utc i will write you ingame to. :)

Gwaer
11-10-2014, 02:56 PM
hobbingen won 2-1

Hobbingen
11-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Jake, my opponent Gwaer (entrath) made a mistake and klicked in the tourney, that he won, but he lost to me 2:1
and i cant change it, you should have stated, that not every win is to be submitted, just the result of the best of 3...
Hope you can fix this, cause i won!

JakeFreedom
11-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Just so everyone is on the same page, if you WIN the round(Bo3), the winner will report the WIN. Each game isn't tracked, just the ROUNDS are.

Sorry for the confusion, the wording was a little unclear. But don't worry, if there is a mistake they are easily taken care of. Just let me know.

Thank You,
Jf

Eierdotter
11-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Eierdotter 2:1 Przyniesmleko

JakeFreedom
11-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Be sure to post your results here http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx, or else the system won't pick up on how to pair you for the next round.

I got this one posted for you. :-)

L1ght
11-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Light wins 2:1 versus Treasure

(Sorry I forgot my security code hahaha)

Ditsch
11-11-2014, 02:22 AM
I played the format won/lost all the matches due shard screw this format is total not fun , it's all about top decking the right card at the right moment, sorry for the negative feedback but consider next time making a better format. Thank you.

YourOpponent
11-11-2014, 05:06 AM
The main thing I think a lot of people have a hard time with on Rainbow decks is they want to use Shards of Fate as soon as they can. You don't want to do that, but use it when you have to because of how many colors you're playing with in this format. For example you have shards of fate and don't have 3 of the shard colors yet (but there's 2 cards you want to use that you don't have the colors for.) You "could" go ahead and play shards of fate to use one of those cards (and risking that you're not able to use the other one for the rest of the game) or you could wait it out and be waiting to draw one of the colors you need and then use a shards of fate to pick up a different color you need.

desk
11-11-2014, 05:45 AM
I think the format is to a little to constricting and should be modified if you do it again after this tournament is over. Its setup to be very hard to get the shards or thresholds you need, and because of the deck building rules I felt my opponents deck was always going to be very similar to mine. So it came down to who got shard screwed the least. Of the three games I played so far, one was pretty close, but the other two hinged on my opponent getting shard and threshold screwed more then I did.

Ditsch
11-11-2014, 05:51 AM
True that pretty much sums up what i did experience same deck same cards it was like flipping a coin who get the least shard screwed or threshold screwed.

JakeFreedom
11-11-2014, 07:03 AM
I think this is a love it or hate it format. But I can see that in the future there will not be so many restrictions. People like options and I get that. But you never know if something is going to work until you at least try it right?

Well I hope at least everyone is having a little fun, even though.

There are still a few that haven't completed round 1 yet, once that happens I will flip the switch for the system to setup round 2.

Thanks,
Jf

desk
11-11-2014, 07:13 AM
I am having fun, and did have fun deck building with the choices I had to make.

Eierdotter
11-11-2014, 08:42 AM
btw did someone not choose Polonius as a champ?

L1ght
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Me? Your not allowed to use your champion power.

YourOpponent
11-11-2014, 04:36 PM
btw did someone not choose Polonius as a champ?

I chose the dude that has the champ power that does Damage to target champ or troop depending on the highest cost artifact you had in play...because if I used the Squirrel dude I might accidentally use the power, but no way I'd use a champ power for something so obviously not optimal.

desk
11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
yeah I choose that guy also cause he looks cool

Galvayra
11-11-2014, 08:21 PM
I think this is a love it or hate it format. But I can see that in the future there will not be so many restrictions. People like options and I get that. But you never know if something is going to work until you at least try it right?

Well I hope at least everyone is having a little fun, even though.

There are still a few that haven't completed round 1 yet, once that happens I will flip the switch for the system to setup round 2.

Thanks,
Jf

Well my opponent has not been online in the past 2 days, or he has not responded to my friend request and made no attempts in contact, if there is no report until the deadline hits, you can update me as the winner since he was a no show.

JakeFreedom
11-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Will do, thanks for letting me know.

JakeFreedom
11-12-2014, 06:33 AM
I don't have results for these players:
juzamjedi
rkeoke
valuecity
nerd
necromancer
shadowm

If I haven't heard from you in a fews hours of this post, I will just assume your are not going to participate and I will drop you from the tournament.

Thanks,
Jf

JakeFreedom
11-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Round 2 is posted. Since we had some players drop out, *byes* are going to come into play now with the double elimination bracket.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Jf

JakeFreedom
11-12-2014, 10:28 AM
If you try to contact your opponent and he/she fails to respond to you. Please try an let me know prior the the end of the round. That way I can make the adjustments prior to pairing for the next round.

Round 2 will end Friday November 14th 10:00AM(CST)
Round 2 pairings are final, no further adjustments will be made.

Thanks,
Jf

YourOpponent
11-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Eierdotter this is Bacon. What time works for you? I can whenever except for 10AM to 4PM EST.

desk
11-12-2014, 02:43 PM
rkekoke,

This is Desk. When are you available to play? The best times for me are 5pm est to 10pm est. I also sent you in an in game mail.

YourOpponent
11-12-2014, 03:34 PM
So what is the policy if you're playing an opponent and after the first match they go offline? I won the first match and then they went offline. I'm willing to play more for the best 2 out of 3 but it's been 10 minutes now and they're still offline.

funktion
11-12-2014, 03:35 PM
There's a lot of info to sift through on the front page, but some of the most critical stuff is missing. Currently including a link to find pairings.

YourOpponent
11-12-2014, 03:40 PM
There's a lot of info to sift through on the front page, but some of the most critical stuff is missing. Currently including a link to find pairings.

To get to the pairings just click on the link for signing up and then click on pairings.

JakeFreedom
11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx --- Sorry I should have put that in the Round 2 pairings post..

As far as getting disconnected?? Hmm... I would try to keep contacting your opponent, maybe there is an issue that is out of their control. If they fail to contact you with in a reasonable time frame, The round win will be awarded to the player that was trying to connect with their opponent.

L1ght
11-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi Hobbingen! Should be easy enough to catch each other online as we seem to play at the same times.
BUT fair warning I may struggle to put down playing the Warlords of Draenor Expac which comes out at 6pm Tonight.

YourOpponent
11-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Recently posted on the News. https://hextcg.com/free-1v1-constructed-queue/

So would you like us to start using this instead and the reserves that come with it?

JakeFreedom
11-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I read this. It sounds like a perfect idea for the intended purpose. As of right now I don't know the answer to your question. Tomorrow we should know more, but I honestly don't see why we wouldn't use this. Makes perfect sense.

YourOpponent
11-13-2014, 04:16 PM
So any math people want to number crunch how many potential rounds are left?

JakeFreedom
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Ok, so I got a chance to mess around with the 1v1 que's. I happen to like it. I think it will work just fine. So with that being said, if you want to use the 1v1 que for the remainder of the tournament you can, but not a requirement. Next tournament it will most likely be a requirement.

Thanks,
Jf

Deathlock
11-13-2014, 11:04 PM
How many rounds left to determine top 4?

funktion
11-13-2014, 11:27 PM
End of Round 2:
12 players remaining
4 with no losses
8 with one loss

End of Round 3:
8 players remaining
2 with no losses
6 with one loss

End of Round 4:
5 players remaining
1 with no losses
4 with 1 loss

(another bye in round 5 is awarded, presumably to the person with no losses since this is double elim brackets rather than swiss)
End of round 5
3 players remaining
1 with no losses
2 with one loss

(another bye in round 6 is awarded, presumably to the person with no losses since this is double elim brackets rather than swiss)
End of round 6
2 players remain
1 with no losses
1 with one loss

Finals round 7.0; which is followed by Finals 7.1 if the loser bracket player wins.
This means that the player in the winners bracket after round 4 is heavily favored to win.

**also note, this is the maximum number of round possible, if someone drops or if two players do not show up for their shared match then it may not go to a full 7 rounds**

Eierdotter
11-14-2014, 04:07 AM
who ever will get paired with me in Round3
i am not available until Saturday afternoon CST

JakeFreedom
11-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Round 2 will end in 2 hours from now, just letting you know there are some players that haven't posted results. If you have tried to contact your opponent and they have failed to communicate back, please let me know so I can award the round win to you.

Thanks,
Jf

Ditsch
11-14-2014, 08:06 AM
We had problems finishing round 2 , results will come soon sorry but it was very difficult for me to get round 2 done.

Ditsch
11-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Ok my opponent did use a hero ability so how to procede now ? Thank you.

Edit

Well i am not sure if it was the right opponent i did challenge him but then in play he had a different name and przyniesmleko is gone i was thinking the other one his alternate but the guy also didn't have a legal deck sorry for the confusion.

Edit 2

I couldn't find przyniesmleko anymore i will try till the time will run out and if not I consider him as a no show and report the match like that. Thank you.

Edit 3

Treasure wins as przyniesmleko did not show up again. Sorry.

JakeFreedom
11-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Thank you for the update.

thexvoidx and entrath didn't post any results. That will be a round loss for each.

Round 3 pairings will be up soon.

JakeFreedom
11-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Round 3 pairings are posted! PAIRINGS (http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx)

Round 3 will end Sunday November 16th @ 11:00AM(CST)

Have Fun... :-)

Ditsch
11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Galvayra if you read this please let me know when you have time i try then find time on Saturday or Sunday for our match. :) You can also pm me ingame which works faster. Thank you.

desk
11-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Eierdotter - I am your round 3 opponent. I saw your post about not being able to play until Saturday Afternoon. Do you want to setup a time now? Saturday afternoon works fine for me, If your in the central time zone then we are only an hour off, I am in est. Let me know what time works best for you I don't have any major plans that day.

I will also send you an in game mail when I get home from work.

-Desk

YourOpponent
11-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Light this is Bacon speaking :) What time works for you? I can play any time Friday night or Saturday...but not Sunday due to having to work open to close. Please give it in Eastern or Central time. Also what is your in game name?

YourOpponent
11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
I still haven't heard from Light and have tried contacting them in game both by mail and by sending whispers multiple times throughout the day.

funktion
11-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Alright, rkekoke I am off work all day tomorrow (sunday) let me know what time works best for you and your time zone. I am central time zone and would prefer to play in the mid-afternoon.

L1ght
11-16-2014, 01:32 AM
YourOpponent

I still haven't heard from Light and have tried contacting them in game both by mail and by sending whispers multiple times throughout the day.

Hi Bacon,

Sorry mate, bit of a busy weekend and we seem to be in other-side-of-the-world timezones!

If we can't get match recorded please give the win to Bacon.

Cheers, Light.

L1ght
11-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Nvm managed to get our match done!

JakeFreedom
11-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Round 4 pairings are posted.... http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx

Good luck to all!

Thanks,
Jf

JakeFreedom
11-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Round 4 is almost over and there are still 2 matches that haven't been completed or the results haven't been posted. I would find it hard to think that you 4 are dropping out since you have went this far. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Round 4 will technically end at 11:00am CST today November 18th.

Thanks,
Jf

Galvayra
11-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Well my opponent is busy with school, he said the earliest he can be online is about 3 hours from this post.

JakeFreedom
11-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any objections to extending the round by 1 day to allow for the remaining players to get their matches in? obviously they have played up to this point...

Thanks,
Jf

Deathlock
11-18-2014, 11:20 AM
No problem to extend it

Eierdotter
11-18-2014, 01:21 PM
no problem

L1ght
11-18-2014, 08:40 PM
I have organised to play my match at 7-8pm AEST (Australian Eastern daylight Savings Time) - Sorry for the delay! Very difficult to schedule matches as I am on the other side of the world :P

JakeFreedom
11-19-2014, 06:22 AM
Round 5 pairings are up... http://www.jakefreedom.net/tournament/pairings.aspx

Here is how round 5 will go. There are 5 players left, the prize pool is for 1st-4th. So in order to determine 4th place, the two losers from round 5 will play each other for 4th place.

Good luck to all.

Thanks,
Jf

Deathlock
11-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Hey, Light! :) I can't catch you in the game... When will you be able to play a match? My timezone is GMT+2, but I don't sleep at night these days.

L1ght
11-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Hey, Light! :) I can't catch you in the game... When will you be able to play a match? My timezone is GMT+2, but I don't sleep at night these days.

Hi, I am GMT +10, I was online last night from 6pm AEST until 12pm AEST - are you able to catch me during this time period?

JakeFreedom
11-21-2014, 02:22 PM
I take it you guys are going to need more time to complete your round given your time zones are 8 hours apart?

Thanks,
Jf

Deathlock
11-21-2014, 03:33 PM
We've played our match a few minutes ago, results are submitted. Thanks for patience.

JakeFreedom
11-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok so here is round 6.

Basically there is no reason to run the pairing system.

Draknos Vs. Light -- This is for 4th Place

Deathrealm Vs. eierdotter -- Loser is 3rd, winner moves to the finals.

The final round, since it's double elimination, the winner between Deathrealm and eierdotter will have to defeat hobbingen 2 times in order to win the overall tournament. If hobbingen wins just one match the tournament is over.

Please post your results below.

If you have any question please let me know.

Thanks,
Jf

Deathlock
11-23-2014, 01:05 PM
DeathRealm 2 - 1 Eierdotter. That was a really tough match.

JakeFreedom
11-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Ok DeathRealm and Hobbingen for the final match.

Remember, double elimination. There is a possibility for two matches here.

Good luck!

Post the results when finished.

Thanks,
Jf

Hobbingen
11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
First set DeathRealm won 2:1
Second set i ended up winning 2:0
Were some good matches, unfortunatly the last one was pretty lame to him being terribly screwed^^
PS: Yay for winning the Tourney:D was a lot of fun

Deathlock
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Congratulations Hobbingen! Those were interesting games excluding the last one xD

Thanks Jake for such an interesting tourney! It was very entertaining.
Anyway, I think this format should be modified somehow to not depend on luck so much. There were a lot of situations where a player just dindn't get right shards to play his cards for 3-5 turns or even more.

But overall it was fun. Thanks everyone and grats Hobbingen on winning one more time. :)

JakeFreedom
11-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Congratulations! Hobbingen and to all that participated.

Yes I agree this format does need to be modified a bit and through out the tournament I received really good feedback that I will take into heavy consideration.

I am still waiting to hear the results from Draknos and Light to determine 4th place.

1st - Hobbingen
2nd - DeathRealm
3rd - Eierdotter
4th - ?

Again congrats to the top 4.

Hobbingen and Deathrealm I will be sending you an In Game email as I will need your address to send you the t-shirt.
I will also be sending out in game prizes at this time as well.

Thank You,
Jf

Ditsch
11-24-2014, 05:18 PM
@Jake wow thank you i didn't expect to get a prize thanks you so much for it. :)

L1ght
11-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Having trouble tracking Draknos down for our match... Are you around buddy? Whens good for you?

Eierdotter
11-25-2014, 03:19 AM
next Rainbow with set2 cards entirely without basic resources and it is a lot more fun^^

YourOpponent
11-25-2014, 05:45 AM
next Rainbow with set2 cards entirely without basic resources and it is a lot more fun^^

You would need to have 1 each of each basic resource anyway otherwise Shards of Fate wouldn't do anything (since I think it only searches for thresholds from basic resources.) Granted they could do it in a different way though but things would be awkward. Since I think there are 10 different uncommon shards 4+3+2+1 SO one of each of those + 2 of each of the basic shards + 4 Shards of Fate = 24 nice and neatly...

Eierdotter
11-27-2014, 03:51 AM
You would need to have 1 each of each basic resource anyway otherwise Shards of Fate wouldn't do anything (since I think it only searches for thresholds from basic resources.) Granted they could do it in a different way though but things would be awkward. Since I think there are 10 different uncommon shards 4+3+2+1 SO one of each of those + 2 of each of the basic shards + 4 Shards of Fate = 24 nice and neatly...

would have only used the uncommons, since we get 10 of them
2 each
4 depending on your dual threshold requirements