PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Happy Halloween

Shaqattaq
10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
This week, R&D and friends spent most of the week booster drafting Shattered Destiny in our dev version of the game and testing the upcoming Constructed format. Fun! We should be able to give you a release date shortly as we put the finishing touches on Shattered Destiny which is going to shake up the metagame and give you a new, fresh booster drafting experience.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-happy-halloween/

Thrawn
10-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Soon™

Glae
10-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Set 2 release date announcement! Get hype!

Rendakor
10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
No Set 2 spoiler this week?

Xenavire
10-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Great news... Looking forward to next week then. :D

Motjida
10-31-2014, 03:41 PM
"Don't be a dick"

"Think before you complain"

Very subtle, I like it :D

Happy Halloween to everyone at HEX Ent / Cryptozoic and to the community!

ryuukan
10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Alternate Set 2 names:
Shattered Hopes
Shattered Dreams
Unfulfilled Destiny
TBA 2015

Vorsa
10-31-2014, 03:48 PM
SOON

Intrigued by "testing the upcoming Constructed format"...

chromus
10-31-2014, 03:49 PM
"We should be able to give you a release date shortly". That means by next Friday, we should know when it's coming out! :)

Malakili
10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Trick or..Tre...oh wait it was a trick all along.

Rendakor
10-31-2014, 03:52 PM
SOON

Intrigued by "testing the upcoming Constructed format"...

Alternate Set 2 names:
Shattered Hopes
Shattered Dreams
Unfulfilled Destiny
TBA 2015nb4delete

katkillad
10-31-2014, 04:27 PM
"We should be able to give you a release date shortly". That means by next Friday, we should know when it's coming out! :)

If it's not by next friday, then they should stop with the "shortly" and "soon" talk.

MongoGrubb
10-31-2014, 04:50 PM
nb4delete

What does nb4delete mean?

Yoss
10-31-2014, 04:51 PM
What does nb4delete mean?

"In before delete". It means he's expecting a moderator to delete those posts and is trying to prevent them from doing so (which is futile, by the way).

ryuukan
10-31-2014, 04:52 PM
So how many people showed up to the CZE Halloween party dressed as a milk carton "Have you seen me?" ad with a Shattered Dreams Set 2 logo in the picture

MongoGrubb
10-31-2014, 04:52 PM
"In before delete". It means he's expecting a moderator to delete those posts and is trying to prevent them from doing so (which is futile, by the way).

Oh! TYVM. :)

Gaeas
10-31-2014, 05:19 PM
5min to reconnect - cool. But its always close if u get the, 'DUPLICATE LOGIN' message all the Time. (even after 3min waiting time) Dont know how often i reconnect - and it took a few seconds too long... Good thing - Support understood the problem.

Mike411
10-31-2014, 06:30 PM

I've never heard it defined like that. To me, it's just part of a long standing tradition of posting before something happens. "In before lock, in before ban" etc. - also they may or may not believe it'll actually happen.

Anyhow, now perhaps people will stop asking when set two will be released. The real question is when will the release date be released. But I'm personally more curious about a release date for a release date for arena.

jcalton
10-31-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm personally NOT hyped about having to spend more money on a game expansion for a game that doesn't even exist yet. I just feel like we're going to be solicited to pre-buy the expansion before the game is even launched.

I'm not knocking Hex/Crypto development, I'm sure they are doing their best. If it takes 2 years to make a good game, take 2 years, by all means.

So in the same vein, I'd really rather we all not push them into a release date that we might all regret (unless it's late beta and they're actually almost ready).

Mike411
10-31-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm not knocking Hex/Crypto development, I'm sure they are doing their best. If it takes 2 years to make a good game, take 2 years, by all means.

Indeed - before someone takes my previous post here as negative, it's really not. I'm very into Hex... I really do want to know a release date for the release date. It's fun to think about fun new stuff, and 'when will I have it' is the obvious question when thinking about fun new stuff.

Yoss
10-31-2014, 08:05 PM
happy Halloween-- the best holiday of the year
I'm curious what HexEnt thinks are the traits of this holiday that make it stand above all others. I've worn my share of costumes and all that, but Halloween would be hard pressed to make even top 3 on my list.

YourOpponent
10-31-2014, 08:17 PM
Well Cryptozoic does have a demon for their logo.

Edswor
11-01-2014, 01:42 AM
I can't wait to get set2 into my virtual hands.

magic_gazz
11-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Please make it auto pick the rare if you are disconnected.

If I miss 1 or 2 picks I don't want to have to put in a ticket. Picking the rare would be better than picking a crappy common as it does 90% if the time.

Takaeru
11-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Insead of this update how about some more beta keys instead :) since we're still nowhere near open beta.

Rendakor
11-01-2014, 10:17 AM
While the openness of our current beta status is up for debate, keys are no longer required to play.

asdf2000
11-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Please make it auto pick the rare if you are disconnected.

If I miss 1 or 2 picks I don't want to have to put in a ticket. Picking the rare would be better than picking a crappy common as it does 90% if the time.

exactly

i did put in a ticket once for it, but that's out of 4 times its happened to me. i just got super frustrated and felt it was justified for me to put in a ticket

and i wonder how much its hurt those drafts to lose the pick

why wouldnt it auto rare draft lol

Voormas
11-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Well think about it this way - would you always rather pick Inferno over Volcannon?

I think there are a lot of different ways you can value a card, but until they get to a point where they can put the work in on a solution to having an algorithm pick for you having it pick randomly seems like a good enough alternative to me

Rokku
11-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Well think about it this way - would you always rather pick Inferno over Volcannon?

I think there are a lot of different ways you can value a card, but until they get to a point where they can put the work in on a solution to having an algorithm pick for you having it pick randomly seems like a good enough alternative to me

This would be a waste of resources they don't have. Simply autopick highest rarity if timed out is the best solution.

Shaqattaq
11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm curious what HexEnt thinks are the traits of this holiday that make it stand above all others. I've worn my share of costumes and all that, but Halloween would be hard pressed to make even top 3 on my list.

Costumes ranging from funny to awe-inspiring, giving kids candy, seeing cute little kid costumes, horror movies, boozy drinks with punny names is the short list.

Yoss
11-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Costumes ranging from funny to awe-inspiring, giving kids candy, seeing cute little kid costumes, horror movies, boozy drinks with punny names is the short list.

Ah, so "best" means "most fun" not anything to do with what the "holy day" (which is what "holiday" stands for, or at least did at one point) actually means. Fair enough. If the original quote had said "most fun" to begin with, I'd never have brought it up. :)