PDA

View Full Version : $10 Budget Cup @ November 9th - All Welcome!

chromus
11-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Update: Losers Bracket added

Due to popular demand, we have now added a Losers Bracket, making this a Double-Elimination Tournament. Now, everyone will be guaranteed to play at least 2 games and will still have a chance to make top 8 after their 1st loss. The Winners Bracket will qualify 7 players to the Top 8, while the winner of the Loser's Bracket will deservedly take the 8th spot.

Intro

In light of the Public Beta announcement, we have created a tournament that aims to introduce new players to the concept of Constructed play and give them a taste of the fun that comes with building a deck and playing it out in a competitive environment. To make sure the barriers to entry are low and old timers don't just steamroll new players with their expensive collection and established Tier 1 decks, we are setting a price limit on the cost of your deck.

Rules

-Max $10 cost for your entire deck

-Minimum 60 cards per deck

-No Reserves Needed

Card Price List

We have determined and locked the prices of cards for this tournament – you can find them at the following link: www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/price-list/

Banned List

Gore Feast of Kog'Tepetl is banned in order to make sure the meta is varied.

Tournament Time/Format

-Phase 1 of the tournament will be this Sunday November 9th at 18:00 GMT (Worldclock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HexPrimal+Budget+Cup&iso=20141109T18)). Players will be randomly split into one big bracket ahead of the tourney and will play each other in a best-of-1 format. Each round, the losers will be knocked into the Losers Bracket. The Winners Bracket will continue until only 7 remain. These 7 players will be joined by the winner of the Losers Bracket to make up the final top 8.
(This may take a few hours depending on participation so make sure you book some free time if you’re participating.)

-Phase 2 (top 8) will be the following Sunday November 16th at 18:00 GMT. The matches will be best of three this time. Players will be able to submit a new deck (along with reserves) for this second phase.

Signing Up

The sign up deadline is 18:00 GMT (Worldclock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HexPrimal+Budget+Cup+Sign-Up+Deadline&iso=20141108T18)) on Saturday November 8th.

To sign up to the tournament please head to www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/sign-up/ . You will be asked to fill your Keep name, email, and your deck list. Please ensure your deck is valued under $10 – we will be checking these and will let you know by email in case your deck is over $10. Please note that if you do not resubmit a valid deck before the deadline, we will be forced to remove you from the tournament.

Tournament Day

We will release the tournament bracket and pairings at www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/bracket/ by Sunday 14:00 GMT.

Please make sure to log-in to the client at least 10 minutes before the start (so 17:50 GMT) to find your opponent and be prepared to face off against each other in the proving grounds in a timely fashion.

If you can’t find your opponent by 18:05 GMT, and we can confirm the user is not online, you will be awarded a bye.

Once you finish your game, please let us know the result as soon as possible so we can update the bracket page and future round matchups can proceed. As long as you have an opponent ready for your next round, you can go ahead and start that game (no need to wait for other players to finish their round). The www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/bracket/ tournament page will be updated live as we are told the results so you can refer to it to plan your matches.

In-Game Contact

To facilitate communication please direct all your questions and results during the tournament to the in-game keep name: Primal

Rule Enforcement

You will be responsible for checking that your opponent is not playing any cards or quantities of cards that aren’t listed in their deck list – by referring to the player’s decklist located at the decklists page: www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/decklists/ .

If you find your opponent is playing other cards – please send a whisper in game to Keep Name Primal and take a screenshot and submit to us at info@hexprimal.com and we will disqualify them accordingly.

Prizes

1st Place: Primal Pack and 8 Set 1 Packs

2nd Place: Uncommon Set and 6 Set 1 Packs

3rd and 4th Place: Common Set and 4 Set 1 Packs

5-8th Place: 2 Set 1 Packs

TLDR Version

Format: Max $10 Deck Cost as per price list on www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/price-list/

Banned List: Gore Feast of Kog'Tepetl

Tournament Date/Time: Sunday November 9th 18:00 GMT (Worldclock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HexPrimal+Budget+Cup&iso=20141109T18))

Sign-Up URL: www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/sign-up/

Sign-Up Deadline: Saturday November 8th 18:00 GMT (Worldclock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HexPrimal+Budget+Cup+Sign-Up+Deadline&iso=20141108T18))

We are excited to see the cool brews you bring this Sunday! If you’re a veteran of the game, don’t forget to help out the new players – the newb you see on Sunday could very well be a world champion in the future

Ditsch
11-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Seems there are still some problem with the page

404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

chromus
11-03-2014, 11:47 AM
For which page/link Ditsch?

Rendakor
11-03-2014, 11:50 AM
They all appear to be down, as does the main hexprimal.com site.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rendakor/error.png

Ditsch
11-03-2014, 11:50 AM
All of them sorry. :)

Trothael
11-03-2014, 11:51 AM
All the links are working fine for me.

chromus
11-03-2014, 11:52 AM
That's very strange, it works for many people. Thanks for the feedback, we are now looking into it.

negativeZer0
11-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Phase 1 of the tournament will be this Sunday November 9th at 18:00 GMT (Worldclock). Players will be split into one big bracket ahead of the tourney and a single game elimination format will see players knocked out until only 8 remain. (This may take a few hours depending on participation so make sure you book some free time if you’re participating.)

This is a terrible format to introduce new players.

Yay we made you spend $10 on a deck and you got to play one game. Suck it.

Newbie friendly format should never be elimination and should allow for deck modification between rounds.

Easiest way to accomplish this is limit it to common and uncommon cards only. Then you instantly know if anyone is cheating so you don't need deck lists and can allow people to modify their decks between rounds.

jonsnow2000
11-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Seems there are still some problem with the page

404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

I have the same problem - running on Win 7 with the latest Firefox.

bootlace
11-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Phase 1 of the tournament will be this Sunday November 9th at 18:00 GMT (Worldclock). Players will be split into one big bracket ahead of the tourney and a single game elimination format will see players knocked out until only 8 remain. (This may take a few hours depending on participation so make sure you book some free time if you’re participating.)

No one is forced to spend $10 to create a deck to enter the tournament - for all we know one of the starter decks will be Tier 1 worthy in this format.

We made the first phase single elimination in order to 1) allow as many players to enter as possible 2) it doesn't require new players to bother with reserves 3) the tournament can be complete in a reasonable amount of time and hence doesn't require much time commitment.

L1ght
11-03-2014, 01:06 PM

OK I get your name is negativezero so maybe your thing is being negative all the time but someone has just spend days organising a FREE event with Prizes for everyone to enjoy out of the sheer kindness of their heart - and the first thing you do is complain about it. If you don't like it go make your own tournament and pony up your own prizes. Unbelievable!

negativeZer0
11-03-2014, 01:11 PM
The tournamnet is fine but they are toting it up to be a newbie friendly even in which case they can get knocked out after
A SINGLE GAME

There is absolutely nothing newbie friendly about that.

I'm sorry but if you want new players to feel welcome restricting the price on a deck is not enough you need to give them a chance to learn from the event (aka allow deck changes between rounds, they need to be able to experiment). As I stated you can accomplish this by restricting rares and eliminate the arbitrary price cap and now with no price cap no deck lists are required.

This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't specifically trying to target new players.

Xexist
11-03-2014, 01:13 PM
OK I get your name is negativezero so maybe your thing is being negative all the time but someone has just spend days organising a FREE event with Prizes for everyone to enjoy out of the sheer kindness of their heart - and the first thing you do is complain about it. If you don't like it go make your own tournament and pony up your own prizes. Unbelievable!

he might actually just be trying to be helpful

ossuary
11-03-2014, 01:13 PM

Very believable and typical, unfortunately.

I think it's a fun idea, and I hope lots of people participate. :)

Sadly I'm busy that weekend, or I would definitely throw something together and join in to show my support.

chromus
11-03-2014, 01:15 PM
For those of you who cannot access the site (our apologies, still working on it), we have posted the Budget Cup Price List here: http://pastebin.com/SXXHTUa6

You can then submit your decklist to us by emailing us at: info@hexprimal.com. :)

jonsnow2000
11-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Agreed. Also, it's not like their investment will just vanish if they lose without getting prizes from the tourney. They still have all the cards and can learn to build better decks in the future.

negativeZer0
11-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Agreed. Also, it's not like their investment will just vanish if they lose without getting prizes from the tourney. They still have all the cards and can learn to build better decks in the future.

Hypotehtical here.

New player learns about this event, Goes and builds a deck and sets aside time to play. They are new to tcg games so either include too many or not enough resources in their deck. They lose the first game.

That's it, they are out event over. They don't learn anything from this. They didn't even play enough games with that deck to realize it may be built wrong, let alone try and start fixing the deck. They leave being disappointed and frustrated.

Again NONE of this is an issue for experienced players but that's not who hes trying to attract.

This is a terrible format for NEW PLAYERS. Outside of this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this event.

WellSkilledNoob
11-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Hypotehtical here.

New player learns about this event, Goes and builds a deck and sets aside time to play. They are new to tcg games so either include too many or not enough resources in their deck. They lose the first game.

That's it, they are out event over. They don't learn anything from this. They didn't even play enough games with that deck to realize it may be built wrong, let alone try and start fixing the deck. They leave being disappointed and frustrated.

Again NONE of this is an issue for experienced players but that's not who hes trying to attract.

This is a terrible format for NEW PLAYERS. Outside of this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this event.

So what? They still come into contact with other players, can start talking about how to improve their deck etc. What you talking about is Rock League, which is perfectly fine as well for newer players, but we do not need a second Rock League.
The only way to make it a little more forgiving might be playing it in double elimination, but without deck changes in between this would not make a lot of difference...

Really like the idea, I will be in if I have time on Sunday!

Werlix
11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Hey negative, you have some valid points. Maybe just work on your delivery :) These guys have obviously spent a large amount of time and effort setting up a website and an event. Maybe word your suggestions a little more politely, and more like legitimate feedback rather than bolded, redded ranting :) For example:

"Hey well done with the website and event. I'd suggest the Swiss format might be better for new players as it allows new players to lose a game or two but continue playing if they want rather than being knocked out after their first loss. It also begins pairing players with similar skill after a few rounds, making games more fair."

negativeZer0
11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
So what? They still come into contact with other players, can start talking about how to improve their deck etc.

That's just it, they DON'T come into contact with other players because they ONLY PLAYED ONE GAME.

I don't wish to continue derailing this thread.
The tournament is still a great idea it's just not newbie friendly and in fact is quite the opposite.
So with that I will comment no further and allow the conversation to resume about the event as planned.

Xexist
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Hey negative, you have some valid points. Maybe just work on your delivery :) These guys have obviously spent a large amount of time and effort setting up a website and an event. Maybe word your suggestions a little more politely, and more like legitimate feedback rather than bolded, redded ranting :) For example:

"Hey well done with the website and event. I'd suggest the Swiss format might be better for new players as it allows new players to lose a game or two but continue playing if they want rather than being knocked out after their first loss. It also begins pairing players with similar skill after a few rounds, making games more fair."

I agree. I think he has some valid points and is just taking flack because he didnt sugar coat it.

MrBims
11-03-2014, 01:42 PM
The only way to make it a little more forgiving might be playing it in double elimination, but without deck changes in between this would not make a lot of difference...

I don't see why it shouldn't be best-of-three in single elimination. Playing Bo3s helps to mitigate the effect of mana screwing/flooding and allows for changes in tactics to account for knowing some of the capabilities of the opponent's deck. You don't need a sideboard to change how you play when you know what flavor of Quick Actions your opponent is packing.

I agree. I think he has some valid points and is just taking flack because he didnt sugar coat it.

He's taking flak because if you think you have to all-caps and red text your argument to get your point across, then maybe you should have come up with a better argument in the first place.

bootlace
11-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't see why it shouldn't be best-of-three in single elimination. Playing Bo3s helps to mitigate the effect of mana screwing/flooding and allows for changes in tactics to account for knowing some of the capabilities of the opponent's deck. You don't need a sideboard to change how you play when you know what flavor of Quick Actions your opponent is packing.

He's taking flak because if you think you have to all-caps and red text your argument to get your point across, then maybe you should have come up with a better argument in the first place.

Making games best out of 3 will require each round to last around an hour. If there are 64 participants that is 3 rounds (around 3 hours) and 128 players makes it 4 hours. We didn't think new players would want to commit to such a hardcore time frame.

We encourage players to stick around and play with their sub $10 decks in the proving grounds if they get knocked out early.

Xexist
11-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Ok. But he didnt do that. He red texted to draw attention to the tl;dr summary of his post.

He was a little blunt with it, but he wasnt rude and didnt say it was a stupid idea or anything.

We can agree to disagree I guess.

funktion
11-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Looks line fun, I'll be sure to sign up once I'm home.

Only read the first couple posts so sorry if this has been answered, you say it is single elim on day 1. You mean like best of 3 right? Cause just playing one game introduces a pretty large amount of variance etc... If this is meant to be a tournament I can spout of a number of reasons that would be a bad idea.

Even then it being single elim matches is pretty cutthroat and really would mea. That in order to cut to top 8 for dat two that there might only be 2-4 rounds on day one. I do like that you're doing something unusual though by making it cutthroat

Rendakor
11-03-2014, 02:15 PM
No, they mean playing a single game.

L1ght
11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Making games best out of 3 will require each round to last around an hour. If there are 64 participants that is 3 rounds (around 3 hours) and 128 players makes it 4 hours. We didn't think new players would want to commit to such a hardcore time frame.

We encourage players to stick around and play with their sub $10 decks in the proving grounds if they get knocked out early.

This right here. I love these community tournaments so much but the double elimination best of 3 format seems to be the most common format and it just so often requires more time than I have.

It is very refreshing to see a nice quick play format and I agree it's very much suited to new / casual players!

I will definitely be participating in this one - Big thanks to all the organisers!

funktion
11-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Is ancestors chosen missing from the list?

chromus
11-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Is ancestors chosen missing from the list?

Don't know about which one you're talking about but THE Ancestor's Chosen isn't missing . :)

sukebe
11-03-2014, 02:37 PM
This does seem like a fine idea but what about the fact that prices can change? If I go to the AH and build a deck that costs $9 today will I be disqualified if it costs $11 later in the event? It might be helpful if we had a set price list to work from that would not change daily/hourly.

Xexist
11-03-2014, 02:40 PM
This does seem like a fine idea but what about the fact that prices can change? If I go to the AH and build a deck that costs $9 today will I be disqualified if it costs $11 later in the event? It might be helpful if we had a set price list to work from that would not change daily/hourly.

Decklist should just be submitted then approved then good to go (imo)

L1ght
11-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I think they are using a set price list which was published in the OP.

"Card Price List

We have determined and locked the prices of cards for this tournament – you can find them at the following link: www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/price-list/"

chromus
11-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I think they are using a set price list which was published in the OP.

"Card Price List

We have determined and locked the prices of cards for this tournament – you can find them at the following link: www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/price-list/"

Confirmed. The prices on this list are final and will not change.

Diesbudt
11-03-2014, 02:51 PM
So, I can play a 77% of an Angel of Dawn and 59.23 shards?

Aradon
11-03-2014, 02:52 PM
So, I can play a 77% of an Angel of Dawn and 59.23 shards?

Bet you still draw it in your opening hand every game.

Diesbudt
11-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Bet you still draw it in your opening hand every game.

true story. Testing a deck with 4 AoD against the AI (White green deck) and 3 in my opening hand! QQ

Whye
11-03-2014, 03:12 PM
edit: i should read before posting

Ditsch
11-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Ok thank you alternative link it works.

For price if i play with a AA card i count the price for the non AA version (of course) ? :)

chromus
11-03-2014, 03:23 PM

For price if i play with a AA card i count the price for the non AA version (of course) ? :)

Yes, of course. You are correct. :)

WellSkilledNoob
11-03-2014, 04:08 PM

AA Baby Yeti deck inc! ;)

asdf2000
11-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you for creating this. Wish I could participate, unfortunately next weekend my parents are visiting. I am disappointed :)

chromus
11-03-2014, 05:10 PM
We have now fixed the issue which prevented some people from loading the site. If you still have issues, please clear your browser cache and try again. Cheers! :)

chromus
11-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Thank you for creating this. Wish I could participate, unfortunately next weekend my parents are visiting. I am disappointed :)

Sorry you will miss out. But we hope to have more tournaments in the future, so stay tuned. :)

Osthall
11-04-2014, 03:11 AM
This sounds cool, sign me up!

edit: here's a formatted .xlsx file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/yprvx9dov19mzlf/HEX_budget_cup.xlsx?dl=0) of Set 1 cards (set number, name, rarity, shard, price) that may be useful to anyone participating. Price column is set up with conditional formatting to red-out cards over $3; you can change/ remove this quite easily :D

edit 2: updated the file to count deck size* cost as you build ;)

*(required adding placeholder lines for shards)

Sidtz
11-04-2014, 03:21 AM
We have now fixed the issue which prevented some people from loading the site. If you still have issues, please clear your browser cache and try again. Cheers! :)

site seems to be down, says there's a problem connecting to the database. hope i'll be able to make it, it sounds like a lot of fun. thanks for making on a sunday :)

Littlejon24
11-04-2014, 03:49 AM
i still get the database error when trying to load the page.

a question for the price list. is there a fixed price per card? a median price? average? lowest? highest?

chromus
11-04-2014, 06:13 AM
i still get the database error when trying to load the page.

a question for the price list. is there a fixed price per card? a median price? average? lowest? highest?

These prices are calculated taking into account the average price performance of cards in the last few months. It is what we think they are worth right now (should be a bit lower than the current listed AH prices). We update the prices frequently on our site, but for the sake of this tournament, we have locked all prices until the end of the tournament. I repeat, the prices you see on this list will not change.

bootlace
11-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Deck submissions are starting to roll in...I see some awesome decks but still have no idea what's going to dominate the $10 meta. Really wishing there was some spectator mode!

funktion
11-04-2014, 11:39 PM
So here's something I've been wondering... if it's going to be single elim how do you plan to fairly cut to top 8? Say you get to round 4 and there are 13 people remaining?

bootlace
11-05-2014, 05:11 AM
So here's something I've been wondering... if it's going to be single elim how do you plan to fairly cut to top 8? Say you get to round 4 and there are 13 people remaining?

Our plan is to give out byes in the first round as opposed to making a few people fight out an extra round just when they're on the brink of the top 8.

So if there are 56 people let's say then we will add 8 extra 'blank' entries to the tournament bracket and those who get matched up with those will get a bye. This obviously gets more messy if there are like 67 people and everyone but 3 people get a bye in the first round. Seeing as matches are single elimination we don't foresee even this to be a big problem as it probably only means an extra 15-20 minute wait for everyone at max (the bracket will be posted a few hours before the tourney so people can plan accordingly as well).

Warrender
11-05-2014, 06:45 AM
I realize it's a casual tournament format and all but, really, one-game single elim? Can we please rename this the RNG Open?

Not saying it won't be fun or that I won't be entering but yeah...

bootlace
11-05-2014, 07:40 AM
I realize it's a casual tournament format and all but, really, one-game single elim? Can we please rename this the RNG Open?

Not saying it won't be fun or that I won't be entering but yeah...

Imagine March Madness...but with janky $10 decks - what's not to love :)

In the future we might have a hardcap on players, seedings, proper best-of-3 and all that but for this first go we wanted it to be as accessible and open as possible. If you're a new player you really have no reason not to join - and that was our primary goal here.

Having said that we're going to have a losers bracket in place (winner of losers bracket gets a spot in the top 8) in order to make sure everyone gets at least two games in. Will update the OP in abit.

Kami
11-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Moved to more appropriate forum.

desk
11-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Thanks for doing this. I don't think its a perfect tournament format. But hey at least your doing something for the community, and I think your 10 dollar deck idea is interesting. It is a good first step, it can always be refined in later iterations. I personally have a lot of fun building decks for these different formats, they make you think.

bootlace
11-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for doing this. I don't think its a perfect tournament format. But hey at least your doing something for the community, and I think your 10 dollar deck idea is interesting. It is a good first step, it can always be refined in later iterations. I personally have a lot of fun building decks for these different formats, they make you think.

We really like the idea of a dynamic constantly changing meta format - like you said it's a new puzzle for people to figure out and with card prices fluctuating from month to month it promises to stay fresh. If there's demand we will hold more of these in the future and hopefully setup a tournament format that more players are happy with.

wolzarg
11-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I will probably be at a work thing that day sadly, cool idea tho best of luck.

oh change of plans just might join!

Tarquin
11-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Doesn't this mean that angel of dawn is also a banned card you cheeky organisers?

bootlace
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Doesn't this mean that angel of dawn is also a banned card you cheeky organisers?

This time around technically yes :D (Vampire King is only other card above $10). In future competitions it could drop below $10 however so we won't label it as 'banned'.

funktion
11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I like the format, it's the structure that is so odd. So now there's a "loser's bracket" that still has a chance to make it into the finals but it doesn't cut like the previous one did. It seems to me that the whole reason you didn't want to do swiss w/ cut to top 8 was that would be more time consuming...

But by adding the losers bracket with a single cutoff now that bracket needs to continue playing until 2-3 rounds after the "top 7" from the main bracket was already determined.

I like wacky, just not sure how many else out there do.

Edit: I'd say if you're going to add the loser's bracket that you should eliminate day 2 / top 8 entirely and just make it a double elim tournament all the way through. That way it is less of a time commitment to have to come back a 2nd day etc and it still is going to take just as long as the current iteration.

bootlace
11-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I like the format, it's the structure that is so odd. So now there's a "loser's bracket" that still has a chance to make it into the finals but it doesn't cut like the previous one did. It seems to me that the whole reason you didn't want to do swiss w/ cut to top 8 was that would be more time consuming...

But by adding the losers bracket with a single cutoff now that bracket needs to continue playing until 2-3 rounds after the "top 7" from the main bracket was already determined.

I like wacky, just not sure how many else out there do.

Edit: I'd say if you're going to add the loser's bracket that you should eliminate day 2 / top 8 entirely and just make it a double elim tournament all the way through. That way it is less of a time commitment to have to come back a 2nd day etc and it still is going to take just as long as the current iteration.

The winner's bracket is still going to be as short as first planned. We added the loser's bracket part to satisfy the people who wanted a longer and more forgiving format. People with time can continue playing in the loser's bracket and those who don't can just drop from tourney.

We still want to have a top 8 which will allow players to make tweaks to their deck and add reserves for a more genuine constructed experience.

This is an experiment in process, we'll eventually figure out what works and what doesn't but it's hard to satisfy everyone.

removalowner
11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
about how long is it before they get back to you and tell you if your decklist is okay. does anyone know??

chromus
11-05-2014, 07:01 PM
If we didin't contact you, it means your decklist is OK. I just checked yours removalowner , it's fine. :)

removalowner
11-05-2014, 07:16 PM
thanks alot. glad i got on when i did. see you sunday

Eierdotter
11-06-2014, 07:11 AM
sounds fun
signed up

Ditsch
11-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Signed up , did even buy some cards to get the deck done , was very hard to find good cards below 2 dollar price and to stay below 10 dollar. :)

jonsnow2000
11-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Forgive me if it has been asked already, but are we allowed to play the AA versions of the cards without it counting against the budget?

chromus
11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Yes jonsnow2000 you can. AAs will be counted as normal versions for deck valuation.

Tyrknight
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
please enter me thanks

chromus
11-08-2014, 03:08 AM
please enter me my deck is 4xRighteous pali, 4xAdamanthian Scrivener, 3 shield trainers, 2 kraken gaurd mariners, 2 inspire conflict, 4 repel, 2 sole exile , 2 soul marble, 2 ivory pawn, 4 spearcliff pegasus, 1 princess victoria, 2 wind whisperers, 2 lore goyals, 1 incantation of righteousness, and 1 oath of valor

total deck cost 8.66

Please submit your deck at: http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/sign-up/
Thanks.

Tyrknight
11-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Chromus i have placed the deck where you asked brother

chromus
11-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks. Last hour before sign-up deadline! :)

Tyrknight
11-08-2014, 10:21 AM
what time is it now?

funktion
11-08-2014, 03:22 PM
How many entries did you receive?

removalowner
11-08-2014, 03:47 PM
i am ready with my deck cant wait till tomorrow

chromus
11-08-2014, 06:54 PM
We have just posted the Brackets (http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/bracket/) and Decklists (http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/decklists/) and sent a confirmation email to all the participants.

Warrender
11-08-2014, 07:13 PM
We have just posted the Brackets and Decklists and sent a confirmation email to all the participants.

I see that it is now best of 3 instead of single-game elim and no loser's bracket. Should we defer the decision to play/draw to the loser of the previous game or is it still random on who plays first?

chromus
11-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I see that it is now best of 3 instead of single-game elim and no loser's bracket. Should we defer the decision to play/draw to the loser of the previous game or is it still random on who plays first?

Always up to the in-game coin flip who plays 1st, no matter the outcome of the previous game. Otherwise, it's a nightmare to enforce as the game client doesn't yet support this.

Ditsch
11-08-2014, 07:47 PM
After seeing the decklists and what people did build (some people even copying me from the playtest against me) I must say there are people who are clearly favorites with their deck and the actual field they might face. Of course those people can always be unlucky and loose with a stronger deck due shard screw or to much top decking against them.

Desk (great mono shard deck , managed to have decent hand destruction and extinction in it, high enough shard count)

Funktion (changed chimes deck with massive bird card drawing, if it lives long enough very hard to stop, spellshielded troops might his bane).

Rook (falcon deck , very well build, lucky that the playing field didn't go massive sorrow so he might have the best chances to go to top 8, maybe a bit to low on shard count or deck manipulation with peek or oracle song missing)

Thael ( Gralk deck with a lot of yesterday's might be a mistake it say 5 yesterday's , nice idea maybe a bit expensive to get those spellshielded flyers out)

Yasi (Gambit deck with nice interactions but alas the gambited killer creature is missing but might still be working but i see shard screw breaking your neck to often maybe due very low shard count)

Karatevater (Gambit Priestess deck top contender maybe for this format it looks very well build but if gambit fails there might be a problem but it seems no one plays curse of oblivion so maybe no need to worry, lucky you i would have played it but it's not my mono shard this time. :) )

Radboy (Gralk deck with incantation of ascendance, those will hit very hard, nicely balanced maybe 1 shard more needed due storm colossus and gralk and ascendance not that cheap)

Aven (2 Pact very nicely balanced , enough shards, with wrathwood colossus and i would think spellshielded battle bettle)

Those are my 8 picks for best decks, a lot of people play way to less shards , i don't know the power of all those wild decks a lot of people did go wild i didn't play enough against wild to know how good they will be sorry.

Good luck to everyone.

removalowner
11-08-2014, 08:01 PM
If we win a match do we report it too someone or will there be someone there to watch over the game or something??

chromus
11-08-2014, 08:17 PM
We kindly ask the winners as well as losers to whisper the results ("won 2-0 vs BabyYeti"; "lost 2-1 vs removalowner" format) to the keep name: Primal (type "/w Primal <insert result>"). Thanks.

Tyrknight
11-08-2014, 09:29 PM
i signed up and did all to join why am i not listed in the tournament?
oipps nvm i just noticed there's two sides lol

teltounet
11-09-2014, 06:52 AM
i signed up receive the mail but i'm not listed in the tournament can anyone tell me why ?

chromus
11-09-2014, 10:02 AM
You're now in telt. Sorry, we had somehow skipped over your submission. Have fun! :)

The tournament starts in 1 hour. Hype!

removalowner
11-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Do we just challenge the play who were against or something else like a specific place we go

bootlace
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Congrats to Desk, Caerbannog, Kayas, MrBims, DeathRealm, Herford, JohnnyH & aVen for making the Budget Cup top 8!

Next Sunday a champ will be crowned.

Tarquin
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Congratulations!

Tazelbain
11-10-2014, 02:54 PM
How many entered?
How many showed up?

chromus
11-11-2014, 11:36 AM
The tournament was quite successful as we had 49 deck submissions. Most people showed up and everything went smoothly. We will soon put up a Top 8 Profile article with some interesting insight into the players and the decks they chose to bring. Keep an eye on the site. :)

chromus
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Top 8 Profiles are up! http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup-top-8-profiles/

Deathlock
11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Cool article! Congratulations to everyone in Top-8. Can't wait for next round of the tourney :)
And on Relentless Corruption...My fault. I overlooked somehow that it goes back into a deck after resolving. O_o It's a very valuable card.

Warrender
11-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Top 8 Profiles are up! http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup-top-8-profiles/

Decklists would be better with the Champions listed as well as gems socketted.

bootlace
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Congrats to Desk for sweeping the Budget Cup top 8 and winning the tourney. You can find his and the other top 8ers' decklists here: http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/decklists/top-8/

Full final bracket here: http://www.hexprimal.com/budget-cup/bracket/