PDA

View Full Version : Massively Ninja Beta Article

Zophie
11-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Massively posted the news about keys no longer being required for beta:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/04/hex-drops-beta-key-requirement-but-denies-status-of-open-beta/

Looks like the cat's out of the bag :)

Rajinsu
11-05-2014, 12:46 AM
dont think a lot of the people that will come from this will say long.In less they put $$ in to it.
With the lack of pve still theres nothing to keep free players for long.
I my self only play 3-7 games a day so i dont burn my self out.
So wile at most free players can gain 100g per win vs random players there nothing else

2 things that could help is set 2 .one can only hope that with set2 that set 1 cards on the ah will drop in price.
and that pve comes out thin u can really call it a ftp .
because right now the only real way for free players to gain cards is to ask for them from other players.

magic_gazz
11-05-2014, 01:26 AM
dont think a lot of the people that will come from this will say long.In less they put $$ in to it.
With the lack of pve still theres nothing to keep free players for long.
I my self only play 3-7 games a day so i dont burn my self out.
So wile at most free players can gain 100g per win vs random players there nothing else

2 things that could help is set 2 .one can only hope that with set2 that set 1 cards on the ah will drop in price.
and that pve comes out thin u can really call it a ftp .
because right now the only real way for free players to gain cards is to ask for them from other players.

There are gamers out there who are wiling to pay for their entertainment, not everyone needs free to play.

Osthall
11-05-2014, 02:06 AM
lol @ all the "so its actually open beta" comments :D Hex you ain't fooling anyone

Mejis
11-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Some interesting comments in the section for that article. Some are highly inaccurate/amusing.

AstaSyneri
11-05-2014, 03:36 AM
Massively posted the news about keys no longer being required for beta:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/04/hex-drops-beta-key-requirement-but-denies-status-of-open-beta/

Looks like the cat's out of the bag :)

Well, before you linked it I didn't even know that publication ;-). Yes, people can find it, but it's not like there is a coordinated marketing action to bring them in. That's for when Open Beta starts ;-).

Slish
11-05-2014, 04:52 AM
Wow if you look in the comments, so many uninformed comments, people clearly who havent even played the game and think its a HS clone or something :O

ossuary
11-05-2014, 05:38 AM
It's just a shame the article specifically uses the term MMO, since none of the MMO pieces are actually ready yet. It may give some people the wrong impression out of the gate. Still, good to see more exposure. :)

hashinshin
11-05-2014, 05:46 AM
There are gamers out there who are wiling to pay for their entertainment, not everyone needs free to play.

yeah that worked for.... uh... that game that nobody has heard of because it's imaginary.

The least pay2play game that worked was WoW. Every MMO since then has failed. Only the $60 all-in games and $5-20 indie games have had success since then. There are some random stories of success like EU4 but overall EVERY TIME somebody has said "people are still willing to pay for their games" it has failed.

I think when LoL destroyed HoN people would've learned their lesson. You get people to play your game before you expect them to play. Expecting them to pay before they even get to try the game doesn't even SOUND good.

Not to mention that this is a hella expensive game. EU4 with it's $40 price tag is considered insane, this game expects you to dump down $80 just to start.

Malakili
11-05-2014, 05:52 AM
yeah that worked for.... uh... that game that nobody has heard of because it's imaginary.

The least pay2play game that worked was WoW. Every MMO since then has failed. Only the $60 all-in games and $5-20 indie games have had success since then. There are some random stories of success like EU4 but overall EVERY TIME somebody has said "people are still willing to pay for their games" it has failed.

I think when LoL destroyed HoN people would've learned their lesson. You get people to play your game before you expect them to play. Expecting them to pay before they even get to try the game doesn't even SOUND good.

Not to mention that this is a hella expensive game. EU4 with it's $40 price tag is considered insane, this game expects you to dump down $80 just to start.

Hex isn't an MMORPG. It's an TCG. People back up truck loads of a money to rain on the LGSs heads.

lightreaper
11-05-2014, 06:02 AM

Not to mention that this is a hella expensive game. EU4 with it's $40 price tag is considered insane, this game expects you to dump down $80 just to start.Magic the Gathering Online

Recent Civ games + DLC

Recent Call of Duty/Battlefield games + DLC

It's perfectly acceptable to bring up gaming trends which highlight that cheap games and F2P games can do well, but there are a lot of $60 games that aren't as all in as you would suggest. Now you can spend $60 and have to pony up a whole bunch more if you want to play online without ending up in an outdated segregated part of the community. It's very reductionist to say things like

Kickstarter has shown people are prepared to pay for their entertainment, ridiculous 'success' stories like Star Citizen put an exclamation point on it. As I understand it old N64 games were sold for $80 in the US and they still sold like gangbusters - games can be sold at any price point and do well, they likewise can bomb hard. But let's highlight games that come out as free 2 play and never actually become a success story - Dawngate being perhaps the most recent example. Or take a look at the app store of any mobile device for a plethora of free 2 play games that never get any momentum. You don't hear about them because they are buried in the 'browse games' list, but they are there.

There is such a wide breadth of expendable income available to a huge variety of people, the value of entertainment is different for everyone and claiming that ANY payment model is doomed seems foolhardy. Countless MMOs failed because they had ridiculous budgets & long development cycles leading to an outdated product by the time it ever hits shelves, and the game gets released unfinished with a lack of content and balance issues. It is not because of a monthly subscription.

hashinshin
11-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Why hex? What argument does hex make? You join the game, you see the starter decks, you play against the AI, you get crushed in the PvP matches, and the game says "hey man I'm a good game, I'm totally good for your $80 I got your entertainment. No I can't show it to you but man trust me I'm good for it."

Civ worked for DECADES on their reputation. CoD has worked for a DECADE on it's reputation. Star Citizen is still a mystery to the world. Not to mention those are complete packages with expansions of content later. Hex comes up and says "$80 to start, lets see where it goes from there."

N64 games were $60. Maybe in Australia they were $80? I know the Aussies get shafted.

Rendakor
11-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Why have we decided $80 is how much Hex costs to have fun? You can draft for ~$5.50.

bootlace
11-05-2014, 06:37 AM
I think a hardcore base of loyal supporters is necessary in this day and age to bring to market a new IP. Hex has formed this through the KS and that's why you hear Cory mention repeatedly how valuable that has been for them.

The game in this stage will probably not be enough to draw in the HS crowd or the MMO players or perhaps even casual TCG players - and you know what, that's ok. The hardcore TCG fans (and Hex's partners in this endeavor) should be enough to carry this project for a year or two. Afterall, a super deep dTCG that can run on tablets and be a source of constant revenue for decades to come is a hot prospect and should give HexEnt enough funding to bring to life their project (even with depleted KS funds).

Of course when all features are introduced and HexEnt has a chance to add the polish/glitter and cherry on top UX elements to their game - there's no doubt I think in anyone's minds that this game can/will succeed on a much wider level.

The success of Hearthstone is actually a huge positive for Hex - there is no need to for them to create a market for dTCGs because there is an existing and growing appetite for it now thanks to Blizzard. That's one of the advantages of not being the first to market - you leech off of your competitors' efforts in building/growing this market.

hashinshin
11-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Why have we decided $80 is how much Hex costs to have fun? You can draft for ~$5.50.

So let people trade in gold obtained from PvE for draft tickets.

lightreaper
11-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Why hex? What argument does hex make? You join the game, you see the starter decks, you play against the AI, you get crushed in the PvP matches, and the game says "hey man I'm a good game, I'm totally good for your $80 I got your entertainment. No I can't show it to you but man trust me I'm good for it."

Civ worked for DECADES on their reputation. CoD has worked for a DECADE on it's reputation. Star Citizen is still a mystery to the world. Not to mention those are complete packages with expansions of content later. Hex comes up and says "$80 to start, lets see where it goes from there."

N64 games were $60. Maybe in Australia they were $80? I know the Aussies get shafted.Okay, now we're getting somewhere. You are absolutely correct about Hex, and if you'll notice at no point did I defend Hex in my post so please do not construct an argument I'm supposedly presenting to de-construct it. I'm merely saying that claiming any payment model is doomed to fail is not something that's supported by the broader entertainment industry.

In an effort to keep things on topic with regards to Hex though, you don't need to invest $80 to play this game. Most of the people who play Hex currently do so through playing Draft format, an opinion that is supported by how often those queues fill up compared to Sealed or Constructed. Draft has a very low price entry (Something like ~$6 by using the AH) and has reasonable rewards that also allow you to build up a collection/sell your winnings to support further gameplay, and if you play swiss it'll keep you occupied for 3-4 hours time. You could compare it to going to the Cinema, though I won't be so ridiculous as to call them equivalent.

Maybe you want to play constructed? There are budget options for that - http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=8416 is a gorefeast deck that's about $30 and has good matchups against EVERYTHING in constructed. There's definitely an issue if you don't enjoy that specific deck, but that's a symptom of a game with only one set released, not a mark against the game in it's entirety. More sets mean more options and alternatives to existing cards.

But at the end of the day, you are absolutely correct, Hex doesn't sell itself very well in it's current state if you have never heard of the limited environment. PVE isn't implemented and there isn't a compelling reason to play without investing any money. That's why we're still in beta and active development. Cryptozoic don't want to call this 'no key closed beta!' thing open because that comes with certain expectations for someone coming into the game. You'll have my undivided attention and support when this game is fully released and has the same issues, but until then it's unfair to compare a game still in closed beta to fully released titles to prove a point, the F2P portion isn't even here yet.

AstaSyneri
11-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Lightreaper takes the words out of my mouth.

Plus I am one of those people who rather pays for their game in money rather than my time. Hex gives my excellent value for that and I believe many others will think similarly.

If you go into a bar, you don't expect to get your beer for nothing? Or anything fancier?

If you go to a pro sports game in the US, you don't expect to get free entry, do you?

If you go into your local mall / clothing store to get a new suit you need for your job, you don't expect to get it for free, do you?

Thrawn
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
If only we somehow could have seen that going open beta for a game advertised as F2P PVE MMO without having any of those parts actually in the could hurt the games reputation.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 07:26 AM
I dont think many are surprised by the article or comments. Crypto needs to make sure arena is right in order to have good will with the f2p community. They need to delay it if it is not 90 percent great.

Edit sorry about the size.

Hatts
11-05-2014, 07:55 AM
If only we somehow could have seen that going open beta for a game advertised as F2P PVE MMO without having any of those parts actually in the could hurt the games reputation.

If you read between the lines it's clear that they know this. Cory said in his Q&A thread that he wants the Arena to be live and the stability issues resolved before going to official open beta. That's the reason why they made the awkward don't call it open beta announcement. They need more people to help find and resolve their stability issues but hoped to avoid the backlash from going to open beta without the f2p mmo components they've been touting since the kickstarter.

I guess they felt that another round of beta keys for everyone to handout would not be sufficient so they decided to try to have their cake and eat it too... Inevitably everyone recognized 'beta keys no longer required' as weasel words for open beta and are rightly calling them on their poor job at setting expectations.

Jinxies
11-05-2014, 08:19 AM
I still think it's a mistake to market this game as a F2P game but I have no problem what so ever with the business model or the cost of things. Compared to similar products it's cheap and I absolutely feel I'm getting my money's worth.

ossuary
11-05-2014, 08:23 AM
I still think it's a mistake to market this game as a F2P game but I have no problem what so ever with the business model or the cost of things. Compared to similar products it's cheap and I absolutely feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Fortunately, Cory seems to agree with you. In his questions thread, he specifically talked about not liking the term, and dropping the whole "F2P" thing from their official verbiage. The game will still HAVE the free components to it, but they're probably not going to be talking it up as F2P going forward.

Lonenut
11-05-2014, 08:38 AM
They should put together a $20 late buy-in thing that gets a few draft vouchers, a starter deck, etc. And has a clear set of activities to start with.

I'm pretty heavily bought in and I still have trouble coming up with something I want to do when I log in, because tourneys don't fire THAT fast (and take forever), but the constructed matchmaking is super not fun. Giving players some vouchers and the vs. AI match-ups gives them immediate goals.

Pezzle
11-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Fortunately, Cory seems to agree with you. In his questions thread, he specifically talked about not liking the term, and dropping the whole "F2P" thing from their official verbiage. The game will still HAVE the free components to it, but they're probably not going to be talking it up as F2P going forward.

Hasn't happened yet. Given where we are, I hope they come up with the new PR soon. Yesterday would be great!

Thrawn
11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Hasn't happened yet. Given where we are, I hope they come up with the new PR soon. Yesterday would be great!

Indeed, that's not exactly something that months of coding and testing needs to be spend on.

Jinxies
11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
I do like giving new players a set of clear activities to do. I sometimes get lost in games if I have no clear goal, it's why I can't play sandbox games. I'm happy they decided to drop the F2P tag, people just read too much into the term and it gets you off on the foot right away.

Pezzle
11-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Not bringing this up to start an argument, I just want people to be clear. Cory did not say they were dropping the FTP tag (as of this writing). He did say he was considering writing about what that means for Hex and was strongly considering dropping the term. I think the majority here think it is the smart move, but it is not our decision.

quote found!

I have been considering writing something up about the game and what we mean by FTP (a term I am strongly considering dropping when referencing HEX)

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
so if they drop the term f2p for pve, what is the business model? If they are going to officially drop the term f2p they need to have a full on discussion exactly how progression will work in terms of raids and keeps.

I am all for dropping f2p if needed, if it gives more value to pve. Just unsure how the model will work.

Pezzle
11-05-2014, 09:25 AM
They come up with a new term, flex some PR muscle and get people talking about the game in a different way. The business model probably does not change.

Gwaer
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
It'd be cool if they would come up with a new term for the dynamic between free stuff and paid stuff they are trying to create. I really think that's one of the more innovative ideas from the KS that gets drowned out in the discussions of f2p vs pay to play.

Tazelbain
11-05-2014, 09:53 AM
dual model
split model
Pve4free
pvp4pay

Obliviate
11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Free to play, pay to gamble seems most accurate, as you can pvp without paying. Although pvp without paying is pretty pay to win.

Roader
11-05-2014, 10:22 AM
If they want more people on server, they dont need open the close beta to all guys, they just need to do event with free construct/seal/draft... see the last free construct : +800 people was connected.

Give us free tournament with some GOLD (1000GOLD for exemple ?) to win that we can play just for fun perhaps, something other that this not cool matchmaking proving ground and his 100 GOLD to Win.
Dont gives free booster because we dont want unvalue our collection but find something other to do for players who dont want spend more in this game until waiting the PVE.

Open the close beta was a mistake for the moment when i read the french forum : http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite/46265/hex-beta-ouverte-mmotcg-quete-joueurs

To resume i can saying you that the french comments are very bad...

This game isn't ready for OB it's all. Hex make a mistake and search player in the bad direction, they have already a lot of supporter ready to play and beta test this game, but not ready to spend more money that they have already spend with the kickstarter until PVE was ready.

Perhaps i'm wrong but it's my feeling.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Gwaer
11-05-2014, 10:43 AM
They can get spikes of players online for tournaments, but I think they were just looking for generally higher usage of the servers rather than a spike in tournaments.

Xexist
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Some interesting comments in the section for that article. Some are highly inaccurate/amusing.

Someone calls it a Hearthstone clone lol.

Its a clone cuz it has cards!

sukebe
11-05-2014, 12:25 PM
So let people trade in gold obtained from PvE for draft tickets.

Never, ever going to happen. HexEnt has been very clear on this. They realize tcgs thrive only if the cards have value and letting you get pvp cards directly for gold would make them worthless.

Pve players will be able to get into tournaments for their efforts, but it will be by selling dungeon and raid drops for plat.

Free to play, pay to gamble seems most accurate, as you can pvp without paying. Although pvp without paying is pretty pay to win.

Again, not pay to win, pay to play/compete. This is the same for any competitive tcg.

lol that is hilarious. How can anyone, even net trolls, be that uninformed? using that logic hearthstone is a mtg clone which is a poker clone! They all use cards so they are the same game :-)

Thrawn
11-05-2014, 12:30 PM

You laugh but I see frequent forum posters comparing Hex to Hearthstone all the time as if they were the same game and same genre when trying to make arguments.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
when hex has pve and asych tournaments it will be closer to hearthstone then mtgo. So yeah a comparison between the two games is not far fetched at all.

Trothael
11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
when hex has pve and asych tournaments it will be closer to hearthstone then mtgo. So yeah a comparison between the two games is not far fetched at all.

The actual gameplay mechanics are nothing like Hearthstone. Comparing the two based on what you can do in the game, rather than how the game works, is just an apples and oranges comparison. It doesn't follow that because both use decks of cards, and have AI to play against, that they're comparable games.

They sit in the similar genres, but they are not the same game whatsoever.

WolfCrypt
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Hearthstone has Naxramas One PVe if you will thing and I don't think Naxramas tomb dungeon is same thing as Hex's planned PVE. First of all HS classes stop getting exclusive cards at 10 the rest you gotta buy. 2: Unless you play against people and do the missions its very hard to get gold any other way. Hex will let you be able to farm gold happily away from PVP players when PVE comes out. So I think a comparasion is a bit far fetched.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Gee wiz guys, hex's gameplay is obviously more like mtgo, but hearthstone also has a similar champion power. The hex game as a whole (not the gameplay) is obviously unique, but it will be more similar to hearthstone then mtgo. Obviously hearthstone will include more pve in its game.

Like it or not hex will be compared to hearthstone. Hex has better gameplay and I am hoping in December we can also brag that it will have better pve.

Pezzle
11-05-2014, 01:44 PM
You laugh but I see frequent forum posters comparing Hex to Hearthstone all the time as if they were the same game and same genre when trying to make arguments.

If I had to guess, the FTP label is number one or two on the list of reasons why.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Tutorial, champion powers, asynch tournaments, some type of f2p (whatever you want to call it), pve, enhanced card animations, some type of leveling system etc. are all reasons why hex and hearthstone will be similar.

sukebe
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Tutorial, champion powers, asynch tournaments, some type of f2p (whatever you want to call it), pve, enhanced card animations, some type of leveling system etc. are all reasons why hex and hearthstone will be similar.

They are similar type of game, but are not similar games. That is like me comparing monopoly and Settlers of Catan because they are board games, again, similar game type (boardgame) but completely different games.

Zophie
11-05-2014, 02:14 PM
They are similar type of game, but are not similar games. That is like me comparing monopoly and Settlers of Catan because they are board games, again, similar game type (boardgame) but completely different games.

Don't forget both of them have rulebooks also, so totally clones. :)

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I am not calling them clones at all and my argument is in no way to bash hex (could argue it is a compliment). All I am saying that there are alot of aspects of the game similar to hearthstone. The aspects that are similar have alot of casual friendly player features

Rajinsu
11-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Now when i first see info on this game i looked up vids And was thinking wow this looks great a tcg for both cash and free.There was so much that both sides could do. there was a great food chain. hex shop -cash players -free players to buy pvp cards and to sell pve cards to-cash shop players in turn would buy more cards from hex shop and so on its a great chain.

But right now its only hexshop -cash shop very little buying from free.

Now i my self think it was a bad idea to open to all with out some kind of pve even just 1 map or half a map would have made all the diff.
Hex could be making 10x what they make now if pve was out .That puts the food chain in motion.

only bad thing i can think of with the talk of taking out the ftp label is.is pve also going to be a part of pay to experience.
Now i know ptp players all ready have a better start when pve does come out i my self have no probs with that.Right now the ones that invested to get the buff in pve are also filling the pain of not having it yet,

from what i get pve is going to 100% free to all. as long as they dont pull a obama and thin make x parts of pve pay to experience like raid bosses and so on.this game may just work out in the long run.
But as of right now theres nothing for free players till something pve is in this game i my self and my guess many others will have will have doubts about the games life and what the makers say from now on.

Malakili
11-05-2014, 04:13 PM

That's like saying Arma and Quake are similar because both involve shooting.

Zophie
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
from what i get pve is going to 100% free to all. as long as they dont pull a obama and thin make x parts of pve pay to experience like raid bosses and so on.this game may just work out in the long run.

You had me until the random jab at Obama

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 05:17 PM
That's like saying Arma and Quake are similar because both involve shooting.

So do you think Hex is not similar to hearthstone at all and and discussion about the two should not be made? Good luck with that.

sukebe
11-05-2014, 05:25 PM
You had me until the random jab at Obama

Agreed. Rajinsu, try to keep your crazy government conspiracy theories out of the forums if you can.

Plaguedealer: again, there are some minor similarities in the type of game they are. They are both card games and (eventually) will both have pve. that is the limit of the similarities though. Hearthstone is a CCG, Hex is a TCG. Hearthstone has little player interaction, Hex is all about player interaction. I can go on and on. The two are only similar in the most basic of ways. The similarities are so basic in fact that they are not really worth comparing in any sort of useful way.

Malakili
11-05-2014, 05:28 PM
So do you think Hex is not similar to hearthstone at all and and discussion about the two should not be made? Good luck with that.

It's almost nothing alike yeah. Mainly because Hex is a TCG and Hearthstone is a CCG. Just that right there makes them massively different.

Do I think stupid people will make the comparison anyway? Sure. But that doesn't make them actually alike.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 05:47 PM
I am not stupid, I think they are alike in many ways. Both have a form of leveling, asynch, champion powers and pve (Hex is obviously better). Calling people stupid who make the comparison isn't really welcoming to new players that will come from hearthstone and also make the comparison.

Zophie
11-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I am not stupid, I think they are alike in many ways. Both have a form of leveling, asynch, champion powers and pve (Hex is obviously better). Calling people stupid who make the comparison isn't really welcoming to new players that will come from hearthstone and also make the comparison.

I don't think making the comparison is stupid, I think it's narrow sighted and reductive. Apples and Oranges.

plaguedealer
11-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Won't argue anymore about the issue after this. However, if you tell a new player that any comparison about (hopefully) the top card games is narrow sighted then that is just the wrong argument.

Thrawn
11-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Won't argue anymore about the issue after this. However, if you tell a new player that any comparison about (hopefully) the top card games is narrow sighted then that is just the wrong argument.

I'm very confused by what argument or point you're trying to make throughout most of this thread.

Rehab
11-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Regardless of how similar Hex is to Hearthstone, they are competitors. Hearthstone has made digital ccg/tcg's mainstream in the online gaming community, the majority of new players trying out Hex will undoubtedly compare it to Hearthstone even though MTGO online has been out far longer. As bad as MTGO'S development team is, their marketing teams is even worse... if you dont play MTG, you probably dont know MTGO even exists

Aradon
11-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Comparisons to Hearthstone are fine by me, but 'hearthstone clone' is not even close. Hex clearly isn't mimicking Hearthstone in any way.

plaguedealer
11-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I agree hex is not a hearthstone clone. The games will have similarities (even more than mtgo) and I hope productive arguments can be made why hex is better in every single way.

Thrawn
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes, the PvE was haven't actually seen or have any solid information on might be closer to Hearthstone than MTGO at some unknown point in the future.

PvP is not similar and anyone comparing the two saying "Well I like Hearthstone better because X" likely wasn't going to enjoy Hex anyways.

hex_colin
11-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes, the PvE was haven't actually seen or have any solid information on might be closer to Hearthstone than MTGO at some unknown point in the future.

There will be very few parallels between Hearthstone PVE and HEX PVE. The sheer scope of equipment and new PVE cards will quickly differentiate it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to be a big step above aesthetically too - the art I've seen for the Arena is just incredible. :)

Zophie
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
There will be very few parallels between Hearthstone PVE and HEX PVE. The sheer scope of equipment and new PVE cards will quickly differentiate it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to be a big step above aesthetically too - the art I've seen for the Arena is just incredible. :)

*Zophie falls into a drooling coma, dreaming of PVE*

PhoenixMD
11-07-2014, 11:15 PM
I finished a few microwavable packs of popcorns, reading the comments below the article!
Also I can't wait to virtually smack all the people who support MtG's lawsuit, when Wizards lose their case!

Vorpal
11-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Potential customers will definitely be comparing hex to hearthstone.

Much like how every new MMO will be compared to WOW.

Juneauz
11-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Potential customers will definitely be comparing hex to hearthstone.

Much like how every new MMO will be compared to WOW.

That doesn't make much sense... Just like every new MMO is compared to WOW, every new TCG should be compared to MtG. Not Hearthstone, a 1 year old game. There's like a hundred tcg/ccg games that came before HS.

Phenteo
11-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Closing thread as the original point had been discussed and had been hijacked to attacking each other.