PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Christie Golden

Loregoyle
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Our interview with Christie Golden, the author of the first HEX novel, The Accidental Knight, is now ready for your eyeballs here:

https://hextcg.com/interview-with-christie-golden/

cavench
11-06-2014, 11:19 AM
"I remember one time you and I talked about a map so that I could get an idea, some sense of the book’s journey. I got a picture of the whiteboard map that you guys worked on."

I stopped when I came to this statement, because I want to see that map so badly!! One question that has never been answered in regard to Entrath is its logistics, or if there is one? How does the champion move about in the world of Entrath? Is there a sense of distance between each locations?

Jinuyr
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I don't normally read novels but this is something I am greatly looking forward to.

ryuukan
11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
This would've been a better post before Cory said the only thing holding up the release is his own foreword

hammer
11-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Nice job, super excited for the novel. Though I find it odd to wait for set 2 and compete for our time with reading AND set 2 drafting one will have to wait for me at least..

hex_colin
11-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Nice job, super excited for the novel. Though I find it odd to wait for set 2 and compete for our time with reading AND set 2 drafting one will have to wait for me at least..

Where's the competition? Time between rounds = reading time. Two birds, one stone... ;)

Littlejon24
11-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Good point. I do have a question though. Will this ebook be available to download on mobile devices?

Kalmaive
11-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one to think that the cover would make an awesome set of sleeves...?

Xenavire
11-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Am I the only one to think that the cover would make an awesome set of sleeves...?

Not anymore... Would be great to have a digital book come with digital sleeves... *hints* And cross promotion ftw!

wasichu
11-07-2014, 06:50 AM
I would really like to see the novel series go hand in hand with a animated movie series we could buy on dvd. I always wondered why mtg never capitalized on this. I would love to see the world come alive visually. I remember as a kid watching the Dungeon and Dragons animated series on Saturday morning cartoons and loved it.

Xenavire
11-07-2014, 07:30 AM
I would really like to see the novel series go hand in hand with a animated movie series we could buy on dvd. I always wondered why mtg never capitalized on this. I would love to see the world come alive visually. I remember as a kid watching the Dungeon and Dragons animated series on Saturday morning cartoons and loved it.

I can think of one depressing reason - cost. As amazing as it would be, it would be incredibly expensive to turn Hex into an animated series.

I assume MTG was the same (well... MTG had another problem, and that was the story. It was all over the place and not very well defined - it took them ages to get things to a place where it could have been turned into a series with a coherent story.)

Maybe when Hex is in a stable place, they could do something along those lines... I could get excited about smaller things too, like comics. A digital Hex comic app on a $2-4 per month sub for 1-2 issues would be pretty damn amazing.

WolfCrypt
11-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh The novel will have Coyotle? I might have to read it I love them.

Scammanator
11-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh The novel will have Coyotle? I might have to read it I love them.

I figured you'd love this interview, WolfCrypt. :D

Some love for the Coyotle, plus Christie saying she doesn't think the Necrotic are all that evil.