PDA

View Full Version : The November Hextechs Open Rules and Sign Ups

MythicFishmom
11-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Please visit Hextechs.tv if you have any questions or comments. We look forward to seeing you there!

The November Hextechs Open

We are happy to announce that the Hextechs will be hosting their next installment in The Hextechs Open! The first tournament will be conducted on November 22nd 2014 10am EDT (7am PDT/4pm CET) The format will be standard constructed (Set 2 will be legal if it comes out before the 22nd) with reserves. Decklists will remain confidential until the top 8 but must be submitted to Hextechstv@gmail.com at latest 90 mins prior to the start of the first round. Anyone without a confirmed deck list will be dropped 60 mins before round one. The tournament is open to everyone (with no entry fee). The prizes will scale depending on the number of rounds (example 6 rounds will result in 100 packs being distributed amongst the top 32). The pairings will be decided through Challonge http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/TgkyhnZsUF you can sign up by clicking the link. Itís important to note that none of the Hextechs (Mantic, MythicFishmom, Indormi, PheonixForge, Karn, Havoc, and Cirouss) will be participating in the open. If you have any issues you can contact any of the Hextechs through the official live stream www.twitch.tv/hextechstv While we are doing the tournament coverage. If you have any questions or need any clarifications before the event feel free to post them in the forums or contact us on twitter and we will be more than happy to clear up any confusion.

Rules and regulations:

1. No shows will be dropped after round 1

2. Decklists need to include keep name, champion, and gems. A minimum main deck of 60 cards and a reserve of 15 cards (clearly labeled)

3. Two minutes have been allocated for reserves between games. This is done out of trust and respect so please try your best to take no more than two minutes. ( Gems/Champions canít be changed during this time)

4. You can ask for a deck check if you believe there is something suspicious in your opponents deck or reserves. Each player is allowed two challenges so use them wisely (if you are right the challenge will be refunded)

5. If you are playing with a card in your main deck that is supposed to be in the reserves during game one it will result in a game loss, if you are found to be playing with a card not in your submitted 75 then it will result in an immediate drop and loss of any prizes you would have otherwise gained.

6. Card bannings will be announced two days before the tournament.

7. 60 mins will be the total round time

8. Judge rulings are final!

lightreaper
11-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Back to back dream is real!

Cernz
11-12-2014, 03:45 AM
i will try to join this time, although i dont have a great constructed deck... but fun is all that counts :D

Warrender
11-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Back to back dream is real!

Hah! Initial pairings have me matched against you. :p

Ditsch
11-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Well the pairing will change they are not final. :)

YourOpponent
11-12-2014, 07:53 PM
With the new update coming out tomorrow would you like us to just use that instead and not E-mail you our deck lists? Except for the top 8 of course to make things interesting. Because it looks like we finally have best of 3 1v1 constructed now (with reserves)

https://hextcg.com/free-1v1-constructed-queue/

MythicFishmom
11-13-2014, 09:40 AM
good questions Opponent. We'll have to see if there is a way to do the 1v1 and choose your opponent. Becasue otherwise it would be a mess. People would be playing random people all the time and it could just be a nightmare. But it's safe to say that you should still email us the lists. That way people can't change their lists between rounds. I'll mess with the 1v1 today and make an announcement on the stream for twitch.tv/hextechstv and on twitter @hextechstv when we go live for a Q&A the week before the event to clear up any and all confusion.

MythicFishmom
11-13-2014, 02:54 PM
On the Gems: Unless they say something official about changing gems in reserves for constructed all I can go off is what I was told multiple times when I asked about the matter which was that it is not intended. ( I was told by ex CMShaggy, and on the charity stream I was told again that it is not intended) If CZE can confirm that it is allowed we will then allow it. If they say nothing or their official stance coincides with what we were told then it will stay the same.

On the 1v1: Since the 1v1 is "Random" in that they are first 2 in battle it wont work for pairings. We can maybe try to work something out for the next one but right now this new addition doesn't help the event unfortunately.

YourOpponent
11-13-2014, 04:19 PM
On the Gems: Unless they say something official about changing gems in reserves for constructed all I can go off is what I was told multiple times when I asked about the matter which was that it is not intended. ( I was told by ex CMShaggy, and on the charity stream I was told again that it is not intended) If CZE can confirm that it is allowed we will then allow it. If they say nothing or their official stance coincides with what we were told then it will stay the same.

On the 1v1: Since the 1v1 is "Random" in that they are first 2 in battle it wont work for pairings. We can maybe try to work something out for the next one but right now this new addition doesn't help the event unfortunately.

Ok good to know thanks!

Tarquin
11-15-2014, 04:46 AM
if you put the same card in your deck and into your reserves, but with different gems, you're free tos wap those right?

Warrender
11-15-2014, 05:10 AM

Why are you going off something that was told to you in conversation and might never be fixed/implemented? You should instead be going off what is currently possible to do in CZE Constructed tournaments. If they change this in a future patch, then that is the time to implement gem restriction.

Just my two cents.

YourOpponent
11-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Why are you going off something that was told to you in conversation and might never be fixed/implemented? You should instead be going off what is currently possible to do in CZE Constructed tournaments. If they change this in a future patch, then that is the time to implement gem restriction.

Just my two cents.

I think originally gem changing wasn't intended behavior for reserves, but since then they changed their viewpoint and that it is ok and encouraged. For example when you're in a draft tournament and you notice your opponent doesn't have a gem socketted into their card...most people are going to tell their opponent that and are fine with them adding a gem to it in the next match. Also it allows the games to be a little more customizable. I will follow whatever rules you guys have Mythic and I will follow them gladly. However doing some of the card behaviors are so common that it's not known as a "bug". For example...did you know AoD's effect that puts her into play when drawn is supposed to cause her to go onto the stack before she goes in play? It's on the known bug list of things to fix, but most people would be upset if she was on the Banned list because of it when people have been playing with her that way since alpha.

I know Reverter thinks it's intentional.2514

MythicFishmom
11-16-2014, 06:58 AM
if you put the same card in your deck and into your reserves, but with different gems, you're free tos wap those right?

Are you referring to splitting the numbers for example 2 in your main deck with a certain gem and 2 in your reserves with a different gem? That is fine however if you are referring to having 4 more of the same card in your reserves with different gems then that is not allowed.

I under stand that changing gems can be really really awesome and make for some interesting games because for one game you may want spell shield and in others you may want direct damage for instance. But we are trying to run this tournament as close to being an official Hex tournament as possible so without a rule book/ an updated official statement all we can go off is what we were told. Hopefully the next one can be in client and we don't have to worry about this kind of stuff again. But for this one unfortunately it wont be allowed

Tarquin
11-16-2014, 09:13 AM
How can you sign up with a deck if only 2 days before the tournament starts the cards that are banned are announced?

YourOpponent
11-16-2014, 08:36 PM
How can you sign up with a deck if only 2 days before the tournament starts the cards that are banned are announced?

This should answer your question.

"We are happy to announce that the Hextechs will be hosting their next installment in The Hextechs Open! The first tournament will be conducted on November 22nd 2014 10am EDT (7am PDT/4pm CET) The format will be standard constructed (Set 2 will be legal if it comes out before the 22nd) with reserves. Decklists will remain confidential until the top 8 but must be submitted to Hextechstv@gmail.com at latest 90 mins prior to the start of the first round. Anyone without a confirmed deck list will be dropped 60 mins before round one"

MythicFishmom
11-17-2014, 10:06 PM

Tarquin the only cards that would be banned would be broken cards such as hop hiro. The reason for 2 days before is so that we can allow cze to potentially patch the broken cards so they don't need to be banned. Sorry that it wasn't more clear, but we would only ban cards that are not working properly and can have a negative impact because they are broken

YourOpponent
11-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Tarquin the only cards that would be banned would be broken cards such as hop hiro. The reason for 2 days before is so that we can allow cze to potentially patch the broken cards so they don't need to be banned. Sorry that it wasn't more clear, but we would only ban cards that are not working properly and can have a negative impact because they are broken

So what cards are currently banned? Is Angel of Dawn banned since the threshold ability isn't putting it on the stack like it's supposed to?

Cernz
11-20-2014, 10:45 AM
the only banned card atm is hophiro

MythicFishmom
11-20-2014, 01:23 PM
So what cards are currently banned? Is Angel of Dawn banned since the threshold ability isn't putting it on the stack like it's supposed to?

Hop Hiro is the only banned card for this tournament. The card is just to broken to allow people to use in this event. So feel free to start submitting your lists to hextechstv@gmail.com

Warrender
11-20-2014, 04:34 PM
I forget. Is it coin flip determines who goes first in all the games or does the winner defer to the loser of the previous game?

MythicFishmom
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
I forget. Is it coin flip determines who goes first in all the games or does the winner defer to the loser of the previous game?

Coin flip is for game one. The subsequent games are decided by the loser of the previous game.

MythicFishmom
11-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Also it was brought to my attention plant garden is also broken and is added to the banned card list

theyeti101
11-21-2014, 03:21 PM

So, gem swapping between games was just clarified by as being an intended mechanic by BenStoll. Will there be a change to allow this during the tournament? Or will we be sticking with the original posted rules?

MythicFishmom
11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
So, gem swapping between games was just clarified by as being an intended mechanic by BenStoll. Will there be a change to allow this during the tournament? Or will we be sticking with the original posted rules?

With them announcing that gem switch is intended we will be allowing it.

Cernz
11-22-2014, 04:14 PM
well :) i did my first constructed tcg tournament ever (beside of 1 highlander streamer tournament).

had a lot of fun and made it into the top8 cut \o/ ;)

thanks to the hextechs for this event and for the prices.

YourOpponent
11-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah it was pretty fun and I had a blast making it to the top 8 with my Blood/Ruby Orc deck!

xou
11-23-2014, 03:24 AM
hey guys! awesome event, again thank you very much for doing this!

I did not paid a very close attention to the stream (because of playing 10 hours straight and all), so I got a couple of questions:
1. where can I find the prize distribution? just wondering what have I won (and how much to be upset about not standing a chance in finals :)).
2. I heard something about how we can support you guys (subscribe to a channel?) - can you please mention it once again so I could do just everything I can to thank you? :)

also just FYI I think that tournament of such level are ok to have buy-ins. 2 packs (300 plat) is a fare price IMHO. consider this for the next time and be sure to count me in! :)

YourOpponent
11-24-2014, 05:54 AM
hey guys! awesome event, again thank you very much for doing this!

I did not paid a very close attention to the stream (because of playing 10 hours straight and all), so I got a couple of questions:
1. where can I find the prize distribution? just wondering what have I won (and how much to be upset about not standing a chance in finals :)).
2. I heard something about how we can support you guys (subscribe to a channel?) - can you please mention it once again so I could do just everything I can to thank you? :)

also just FYI I think that tournament of such level are ok to have buy-ins. 2 packs (300 plat) is a fare price IMHO. consider this for the next time and be sure to count me in! :)

Those are all things I am curious about and would like to know too :) I don't think they will have people make a regular 8 person constructed tournament though to decide on who wins the top 8, because a random person could join and then that would mess it up. Now in the future we might be able to do private tournaments instead which would be nice.

Cernz
11-25-2014, 05:51 AM
prices anyone?

damn you lazy fishmom :D :D

mfmPonyPump :p

Gaeas
11-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah - lazy Darkspire Fishmom!
I have 0 Packs aaaaand I need to Draaaaaaaaaaaaft! Ű.‘