PDA

View Full Version : Free 1 v 1 Constructed Tournaments Launching Tomorrow!

Phenteo
11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
We'll be launching free 1v1 Constructed Tournaments with Reserves tomorrow!

Read more: https://hextcg.com/free-1v1-constructed-queue/

Svenn
11-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Nice!

Can you select your opponents somehow? Is there any gold for playing here?

lightreaper
11-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Yes, this seems like a good idea that has problems if you can't select your opponent... Are we to ask in chat for NO-ONE to enter into the queue because I have this match lined up with steve?

Scammanator
11-12-2014, 05:43 PM
There shouldn't be a giant rush for these (to the point where it present a problem). I bet you and your opponent can just use coordinated timing and face each other most of the time.

If there is a high demand, then I bet they can just open multiple queues, and you can tell you opponent to join queue 3577-1358.

Deckofmanythings
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I guess we'll finally get an answer as to whether changing gems in sideboarding is something you should or should not be allowed to do.

Scammanator
11-12-2014, 06:08 PM
I guess we'll finally get an answer as to whether changing gems in sideboarding is something you should or should not be allowed to do.

Is this not known? I mostly play limited tournaments, but I've never had trouble resocketing gems during reserves. I assumed it was allowed.

Deckofmanythings
11-12-2014, 06:14 PM
HextechsOpen isn't allowing it, because the last official word we had on it (which was a LONG time ago) was that it was a bug and not intended to be allowed. I could (and have) argued it both ways, so I don't really care, but I would like a definitive, more recent, answer.

aatttt
11-12-2014, 06:49 PM
it should be allowed. why limit the options if you dont need to?

btw. why not implement 1v1 constructed with 200 plat entry and 2 booster for first?

Werlix
11-12-2014, 06:49 PM
How would this work with a 100+ player tournament when there are 50+ games that need to be started at a certain time? Can we start our own queues when one is still open? This isn't how normal queues work so there would have to some special case here, but that's not specified in the article...

Baldo
11-12-2014, 09:13 PM
That art....

Chark
11-12-2014, 10:11 PM
How would this work with a 100+ player tournament when there are 50+ games that need to be started at a certain time? Can we start our own queues when one is still open? This isn't how normal queues work so there would have to some special case here, but that's not specified in the article...

This is more of a solution for an asynchronous tournament structure, where people have a couple of days to finish their match and report results. It's not perfect for external tournament organizers, but we think it'll be better than nothing and should hold people over until we have better solutions in place.

Can you select your opponents somehow? Is there any gold for playing here?

We believe that you'll be able to time it with a friend fairly easily. There is intentionally no prizes here. We don't anticipate adding gold into this format because it's pretty easy to collude with someone.

Ultimately this is a short-term measure until we come up with a better method to challenge people.

Why not implement 1v1 constructed with 200 plat entry and 2 booster for first?

We're considering a 100 plat entry with 1 booster for first. It would be a different queue than this one.

Cernz
11-12-2014, 10:21 PM
The 1st one who joins a queue should be able to set a password as an option - would be an easy solution imm.

Barkam
11-12-2014, 10:31 PM
The 1st one who joins a queue should be able to set a password as an option - would be an easy solution imm.

Great simple solution.

Backpack
11-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Great simple solution.

Until someone abuses it by making a password nobody knows and making it unjoinable.

A great simple solution would be to just let us challenge each other to a BO3 without using queues at all.

Barkam
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Until someone abuses it by making a password nobody knows and making it unjoinable.

A great simple solution would be to just let us challenge each other to a BO3 without using queues at all.

The idea is to have multiple ones. As in, as soon as someone enters a queue and creates a password, that "tournament" is created and awaiting someone to join without blocking the queue for everyone else. This way it is dynamic instead of a fixed number of tournaments that can be abused by certain group of people doing what you described.

Your suggestion works too.

hex_colin
11-13-2014, 12:37 AM

It's be stated many times that the intention (and reality) is that you CAN change gems between games of a match. You cannot, however, change your Champion.

Gwaer
11-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Changing gems was never stated to be a bug, I corrected you during that tournament as well that you were conflating the response to the bug where you could change your champion in sideboarding with gems.

meetthefuture
11-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Changing gems was never stated to be a bug, I corrected you during that tournament as well that you were conflating the response to the bug where you could change your champion in sideboarding with gems.
It's fine in draft. but it was stated by some CZE people that in constructed it is a bug. I definitely remember something like this from an interviews

Zubrin
11-13-2014, 02:02 AM
This is more of a solution for an asynchronous tournament structure, where people have a couple of days to finish their match and report results. It's not perfect for external tournament organizers, but we think it'll be better than nothing and should hold people over until we have better solutions in place.

That very well may be the case, but the announcement says the opposite:

We wanted to make sure that community tournament organizers have a way to have their best-of-3 with reserves matches played for whatever crazy tournament format they want to dream up. We invite you to partake in use of the 1v1 constructed tournament queue or player-run tournaments, such as Rock League, Budget Cup and HEXTCGPro Challenge Series!

The HTPCS was/is a real time tournament that had >100 people playing per round organized over two days. This is either a misread of what the community actually needs for tournaments like these, or it is a miscommunication between development and communication. It's great to have this feature for testing and the like, but you are going to get some negative feedback tomorrow when people can't easily use it for a major thing you currently advertise it for.

If you always have 25+ of these slots open and labeled, then it may be a bit better for these tournaments so people can fire off their rounds in short waves and say "I am in tournament XXX", but the tournament lobby screen currently does not give you that information either.

Cernz
11-13-2014, 02:10 AM
a seperate tournament overview for 1on1s only would be a short term solution with X tournaments open as zubrin said (30+) otherwise it will be a mess - for example the hextechs open next week will have most ppl start at the same time - so it might get chaotic if the players want to use this option.

btw...

join now:

http://www.hextechs.tv/articles/the-november-hextechs-open-rules-sign-up/

Eierdotter
11-13-2014, 02:27 AM
not super thrilled about that.
For fun testing your tournament deck with reserves it works.
but thats it.
player run tournaments using one totally open queue...

i expected this best of 3 coming as a way to challenge someone
i hope we get this option when we can right click challenge someone in prooving grounds

for the tournament it could work if we have sort of a search tab
and players can create a tournament with a password. creator gets some options
and people can join with the right pw or per invites

Makizushi
11-13-2014, 03:21 AM
The idea is to have multiple ones. As in, as soon as someone enters a queue and creates a password, that "tournament" is created and awaiting someone to join without blocking the queue for everyone else. This way it is dynamic instead of a fixed number of tournaments that can be abused by certain group of people doing what you described.

Your suggestion works too.

That's how "Shadow Era" handles it: you create a pending, open challenge with a password. Then someone joins your queue/challenge and you play them.

Edswor
11-13-2014, 03:29 AM
If there is no entry price nor price for winning, I think this should be "Challenge Bo3" instead of a "1vs1 tournament" (as suggested before).

lightreaper
11-13-2014, 04:56 AM
I eagerly look forward to a 100 plat 1 on 1 queue for the ability to get quicker game sessions in and still win something. Not sure how I feel about 100 plat for the chance to win 1 booster RIGHT now, but I think that prize structure works a lot better come set 2 when the set 2 booster is the prize.

Deckofmanythings
11-13-2014, 07:20 AM
It's be stated many times that the intention (and reality) is that you CAN change gems between games of a match. You cannot, however, change your Champion.

I've searched for an official HexEnt employee saying this, but I could only find your statements on this. Unfortunately Mythicfishmom is still on the "can't change gems" side of the fence until someone official chimes in.

Glae
11-13-2014, 08:50 AM
This seems basically unusable for the things its advertised for. Random queues don't help for 100 player tournaments, and having Rock League players go into the same random queue as $200 Constructed decks preparing for VIP or HexTCGpro seems like a frustrating waste of everyone's time.

Right click best of three challenge in chat and/or friends list, please.

IruuL
11-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Finally this has come. Can't wait, I will be buying so many more cards for constructed decks now that I can actually use them.

DreamPuppet
11-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Why are people against changing out gems during sideboarding again? Hell, i've completely dropped shards to switch to another shard in drafts and you'd be punished for wanting to try a different strategy?

I think the game should allow full customization in drafts and sealed. You should be able to switch any card, champion or gem during sideboarding.

vickrpg
11-13-2014, 11:02 AM
A password would be great, a name would be even better (Add CUSTOM to prevent trolling)
So joining a queue would then let you rename it. "CUSTOM: Rock league", "CUSTOM: Budget" or "CUSTOM: Tourney deck testing"
This would make coordination slightly less necessary.

tazalots
11-13-2014, 11:03 AM
We'll be launching free 1v1 Constructed Tournaments with Reserves tomorrow!

Read more: https://hextcg.com/free-1v1-constructed-queue/

did not start

MythicFishmom
11-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Unless they say something official about changing gems in reserves for constructed all I can go off is what I was told multiple times when I asked about the matter which was that it is not intended. ( I was told by ex CMShaggy, and on the charity stream I was told again that it is not intended) If CZE can confirm that it is allowed we will then allow it. If they say nothing or their official stance coincides with what we were told then it will stay the same.

MythicFishmom
11-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks Cernz ;)

Odai
11-14-2014, 03:26 AM
Tournaments, tournaments, tournaments... dont you have any other news or stuff you could post and show us?
It's so disappointing... :/

Cernz
11-14-2014, 03:29 AM
Tournaments, tournaments, tournaments... dont you have any other news or stuff you could post and show us?
It's so disappointing... :/

it all depends on the point of view, and even then tournaments are important for PVE Players (no money no PVE)