PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Ruling Clarification

MStreva89
11-13-2014, 01:24 PM
The Dark Knight and Catwoman combo refers to a card that was bought or gained during the turn the effect activates. In the below scenarios, what happens?:

- Cheetah is bought and placed at the top of the player's deck using Aquaman's Trident. Can The Dark Knight grab Cheetah from the top of the deck?

- Cheetah is bought and placed in the discard pile. Can The Dark Knight grab Cheetah from the discard pile?

- Cheetah is bought and placed at the top of the player's deck using Aquaman's Trident. Cheetah is drawn via Kid Flash and played. Can The Dark Knight grab Cheetah from the played area?

- Cheetah is bought and placed in the discard pile. Heat Vision destroys Cheetah. Can The Dark Knight grab Cheetah from the destroyed pile?

M_Bieniewicz
11-13-2014, 05:45 PM
While I think we need Matt Hyra to W.O.G. this, I believe the answers are:

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No

I'm pretty sure the Catwoman+Dark knight combo would only be able to grab a card gained that turn if it is still in the discard pile when the second card of the combo is played. If you bought/gained a card, and then shuffled it into the deck because you drew a card from your empty deck that turn, then played the combo, there wouldn't be a viable target for the combo to play.