PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Shattered Destiny Coming December 9th

Shaqattaq
11-14-2014, 10:59 AM
December 9th!

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-shattered-destiny-november-32nd

EDIT: We've updated the announcement to include Prize Payouts for Shattered Destiny Celebration Weekend.

Shattered Destiny Release Celebration Tournaments
The Release Celebration is 3 days long.

Release Celebration Competitive Draft Queue Rewards
Players: 8
Entry fee: 700plat or 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
1st = 5xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
2nd = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
3rd/4th = 2xSet 2 Booster, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
5th-8th = Darkspire Punisher AA Card
Gold (single elim tournaments gold is standardized: see above)
Format: Single elim.

Release Celebration Draft Queue Rewards
Entry fee: 700plat 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 20,000 gold
2 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 12,000 gold
1 wins = 1xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold
Format: Swiss

Sealed Queue Second Set Celebration Rewards
Entry fee: 1,400 plat or 6xSet 2 Boosters + 200 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 6xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 40,000 gold
2 wins = 4xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 24,000 gold
1 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold

Scammanator
11-14-2014, 11:05 AM
This is hilarious. I love it.

darkwonders
11-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Filk Ape sounds like an awesome card. resetting all buffs and debuffs for 5 shards + a 4/5 troop seems like a decent value.

vickrpg
11-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Filk Ape sounds like an awesome card. resetting all buffs and debuffs for 5 shards + a 4/5 troop seems like a decent value.
Great card, but should've been a Manti, not an ape... I need a mantis-people deck.

jonsnow2000
11-14-2014, 11:19 AM
How does the Ebook thing work for ppl with no Android or iOs devices? Will I be able to load the book to my kindle?

Warrender
11-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Will Slacker Backers also get the ebook for free?

Phenteo
11-14-2014, 11:22 AM
How does the Ebook thing work for ppl with no Android or iOs devices? Will I be able to load the book to my kindle?
I'll have to find out further information for you in regards to loading an eBook without an Android of iOS device. You don't have a phone that runs Android or iOS?

Will Slacker Backers also get the ebook for free?
No, this was only for Kickstarter Backers. We will be selling the eBook, however.

Svenn
11-14-2014, 11:22 AM
So... how do the prizes for this launch event thing work? Participation prize = every player gets 1 per tournament I assume? Is the Prize card only for first place? Are these separate tournaments from the regular draft/sealed queues and are they at set times if so?

Also, this means 2 weekends in a row of special tournaments with AA prizes. That's going to be rough.

BossHoss
11-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Somebody please tell Ty that the new accents to the AA cards on the rarity and alignment areas is awfully sexy!

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Somebody please tell Ty that the new accents to the AA cards on the rarity and alignment areas is awfully sexy!

Wait to you see the PVE ones too! :)

Vorpal
11-14-2014, 11:28 AM
For planning purposes, what are the entry fees in plat/packs for sealed/draft release events. All set 2? A mix? I'm really looking forward to it.

Also I guess this months VIP is the last chance to get set 1 AA.

Svenn
11-14-2014, 11:32 AM
For planning purposes, what are the entry fees in plat/packs for sealed/draft release events. All set 2? A mix? I'm really looking forward to it.

2 set 2, 1 set 1 for draft. Not 100% on sealed. 3-3 or 4-2 I'm guessing?

BossHoss
11-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Wait to you see the PVE ones too! :)

Yeah I am loving the templating personally!

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Last I heard... So it could have changed... Distinct release queues that are basically the same as regular Draft/Sealed 8-man tournaments. Fire on demand. Same entry fees and prize support as usual, except for the addition of the AA cards (1 Darkspire for every participant, 1 Ape for the winner only). 2-2-2.

No announcement yet on whether or not the Set 1 AAs will cycle out of rotation after November VIP.

Roy_G
11-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Any chance of getting pdf for those of us that don't have android or iOS?

Khendral
11-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Can we use draft tickets on the release queues?

DreamPuppet
11-14-2014, 11:44 AM

What this man said.

I know it's hard to believe but not everyone owns or wants to own an electronic tethering device.

Shaqattaq
11-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Draft and Sealed queues are all Shattered Destiny booster packs for the release celebration weekend in order to give players more new content.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 11:46 AM
What this man said.

I know it's hard to believe but not everyone owns or wants to own an electronic tethering device.

Yup - I need a version I can read on this...2501

;)

Svenn
11-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Draft and Sealed queues are all Shattered Destiny booster packs for the release celebration weekend in order to give players more new content.

Swiss? Competitive? Both? (Please say Competitive :cool:)

jonsnow2000
11-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I'll have to find out further information for you in regards to loading an eBook without an Android of iOS device. You don't have a phone that runs Android or iOS?

No, this was only for Kickstarter Backers. We will be selling the eBook, however.

Unfortunately, I don't have any iOS or Android devices. I don't like Apple, and so far I haven't needed to upgrade my old Samsung phone (which only runs a predecessor to Android). If I just need to download Itunes to my PC it's ok, otherwise I'm a bit screwed.

Counter
11-14-2014, 11:56 AM
I had a feeling it would be announced today and it seems my dates were correct it would be released on a Tuesday. Was hoping for the 18th, but I can understand Dec. 2. Looks like there will be a freeze on playing Hex until Set 2 comes out. But we all know it's coming finally. I have no doubt it will be ready. Don't delay it any more, people have all the money ready to give you!

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 11:59 AM
December 33rd and March 33rd are going to be awesome! ;)

ryuukan
11-14-2014, 12:00 PM
December 33rd and March 33rd are going to be awesome! ;)

You play dangerous games

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:03 PM
You play dangerous games

What dangerous games? It's very clearly a joke! In the spirit of the update...

Cory said Arena in December. And we have an expectation that sets will be released 4 months apart. Thus the joke... :)

Also, I'm throwing parties on both those days - so definitely awesome!

Svenn
11-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Cory said Arena in December. And we have an expectation that sets will be released 4 months apart. Thus the joke... :)

Arena Confirmed: January 2nd.
Set 3 Confirmed: April 2nd.

ryuukan
11-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Can you facetime me and put the phone down at a table so it's like Im there too

yoyogod
11-14-2014, 12:08 PM
With set 2 being delayed until early December, does this mean Arena is won't be out until January, or is it still on track for December?

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Arena Confirmed: January 2nd.
Set 3 Confirmed: April 2nd.

I knew I should have gone with March 32nd. That would have made it so much better... ;) Next time!!! :)

ryuukan
11-14-2014, 12:11 PM
With set 2 being delayed until early December, does this mean Arena is won't be out until January, or is it still on track for December?

Arena's release hinges on Set 2's functionality. If Set 2 is loaded with bugs, don't expect Arena this year

Vorsa
11-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Awesome news. :D

Rather influences my decision with regards to patiently drafting to open packs vs tearing into them...
Though if I go 4 tournaments without an ape, I may well stop at a lovely set of Darkspire AA's.

Tarquin
11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last I heard... So it could have changed... Distinct release queues that are basically the same as regular Draft/Sealed 8-man tournaments. Fire on demand. Same entry fees and prize support as usual, except for the addition of the AA cards (1 Darkspire for every participant, 1 Ape for the winner only). 2-2-2.

No announcement yet on whether or not the Set 1 AAs will cycle out of rotation after November VIP.

both swiss and tournament style?

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:15 PM
both swiss and tournament style?

Definitely competitive, not sure about Swiss. I shared what I knew - sorry!

Edswor
11-14-2014, 12:19 PM

Yeah, looks great.

Agrius
11-14-2014, 12:20 PM
It blows be away that you guys are releasing a second set of cards before even going into open beta. What about people who haven't played yet? They will just be left behind. This game is always going to have a small hardcore group of players and that is all it will ever be because of decisions like this. It is a shame because the game is well designed and has some good ideas but the barrier to entry to just way too big and they are doing nothing to fix that. Back to Hearthstone for me; you guys could learn a lot from them.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:24 PM
It blows be away that you guys are releasing a second set of cards before even going into open beta. What about people who haven't played yet? They will just be left behind. This game is always going to have a small hardcore group of players and that is all it will ever be because of decisions like this. It is a shame because the game is well designed and has some good ideas but the barrier to entry to just way too big and they are doing nothing to fix that. Back to Hearthstone for me; you guys could learn a lot from them.

I think you're reading too much into what the phase of the game's development is currently called. Anyone can play if they want to - it takes 10-15 seconds to sign up for an account.

Axle
11-14-2014, 12:27 PM

..Except the game has an auction house. It's not like players need to buy set 1 packs to get the relevant things from there. If they want to play draft..the cost is the same. If they want to play sealed..same cost. If they want to play casually? They pick up what they want. Tier 1? Still just an assortment of 60 cards regardless of set.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:30 PM
..Except the game has an auction house. It's not like players need to buy set 1 packs to get the relevant things from there.

Any they'll be able to buy Set 1 for the foreseeable future. Based on what we've heard, looks like the earliest Set 1 would be "out of print" would be the release of Set 5 which is (most optimistically ;)) due on November 32nd, 2015. :)

sukebe
11-14-2014, 12:36 PM

you can run amazons e reader program on windows (and I assume mac) devices so it should be fine.

see above :-)

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 12:38 PM
you can run amazons e reader program on windows (and I assume mac) devices so it should be fine.

Yes on Mac too.

Agrius
11-14-2014, 12:41 PM
I finally got an invite a few months ago and decided to give the game a shot. It was still very buggy but I made it through the tutorial and unlocked the starter deck and then found out I had literally NO way to progress any further without spending cash. No quests to complete, no way to get currency, heck there wasn't even a ladder to climb. I said to myself "I guess the game isn't finished yet, I'll try again when the go to Open Beta". Now you are releasing a second set which is 100s more cards that I would need to collect to be competitive. This kills all interest I had in the game. All the problems are very easy to solve yet you refuse to do it. There is a reason Hearthstone has 20 million players; you guys are doing it wrong and I for one hope you change course soon.

Svenn
11-14-2014, 12:49 PM
There is a reason Hearthstone has 20 million players
Yeah, Blizzard fanboys. If anyone else made that game it would have died already.

Vorpal
11-14-2014, 12:51 PM
We are already in open beta. Anyone who wishes to play may do so.

Agrius
11-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah, Blizzard fanboys. If anyone else made that game it would have died already.

Thank you for making my point. This kind of attitude is the reason this game is floundering in mediocrity. Instead of seeing what they are doing and learning from it, instead you just chalk it up to the logo on the front of the box.

Axle
11-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I finally got an invite a few months ago and decided to give the game a shot. It was still very buggy but I made it through the tutorial and unlocked the starter deck and then found out I had literally NO way to progress any further without spending cash. No quests to complete, no way to get currency, heck there wasn't even a ladder to climb. I said to myself "I guess the game isn't finished yet, I'll try again when the go to Open Beta". Now you are releasing a second set which is 100s more cards that I would need to collect to be competitive. This kills all interest I had in the game. All the problems are very easy to solve yet you refuse to do it. There is a reason Hearthstone has 20 million players; you guys are doing it wrong and I for one hope you change course soon.

Why do you need to collect those 100 more cards to be competitive? Why not just the same amount of 60 (+15 reserves) cards that were required in set 1? I don't get this logic. The game still isn't finished yet. The new sets are to keep the people who have been playing since the start still satisfied with the game. It doesn't impact the barrier to entry for HEX in the slightest unless you have some huge desire to collect everything for some reason.

Svenn
11-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Thank you for making my point. This kind of attitude is the reason this game is floundering in mediocrity. Instead of seeing what they are doing and learning from it, instead you just chalk it up to the logo on the front of the box.

What they are doing is making a dumbed down game to appeal to the masses, the same thing they always do. I used to be a Blizzard fanboy, and I've played Hearthstone. It's bad. They removed most of the interesting things about a CCG.

Also, you seem to think these two games are supposed to be similar, but they are not. Hex is a deep TCG designed with strategy in mind. Hearthstone is a shallow CCG designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

N3rd4Christ
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM
November 32nd will be known as the day HEX stood still. AA Yeti Release... /sob

Agrius
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I agree that HEX is a better game which is why it is such a shame that everything else AROUND the game is worse. I am not trying to convince you guys not to play HEX, I am just pointing out that there could be a lot more people playing this game if they made some relatively simple design changes(and I would be one of them).

Svenn
11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I agree that HEX is a better game which is why it is such a shame that everything else AROUND the game is worse. I am not trying to convince you guys not to play HEX, I am just pointing out that there could be a lot more people playing this game if they made some relatively simple design changes(and I would be one of them).

Such as what? Hex certainly has it's problems, but what is there that they should be learning from Hearthstone? Asynch is already coming. The main problem right now in terms of retention is the lack of f2p... but that's coming. It's the PvE part of the game. That part of the game is massive and a MUCH larger time investment for development than the PvP stuff.

Your main problem seems to be no f2p aspect right now. They don't need to learn from Hearthstone here, it's all planned out and better than what Hearthstone offers imo. It's just not in yet.

Scammanator
11-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Folks, can we not let the Gas Troll derail this thread of awesome news?

Set 2! Release Tournament! AA primates! Using Mastery of Time to change the very calendar!

Agrius
11-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Such as what? Hex certainly has it's problems, but what is there that they should be learning from Hearthstone? Asynch is already coming. The main problem right now in terms of retention is the lack of f2p... but that's coming. It's the PvE part of the game. That part of the game is massive and a MUCH larger time investment for development than the PvP stuff.

Your main problem seems to be no f2p aspect right now. They don't need to learn from Hearthstone here, it's all planned out and better than what Hearthstone offers imo. It's just not in yet.

I haven't heard anything about their f2p plans, and they may well be better than Hearthstone, but my point stands that they shouldn't be spending time implementing hundreds of cards for a new set when they haven't even finished the base game. The only reason I can think of that they would do this is that the sales of Set 1 have dried up and they need an influx of cash. If that is the case then they are mortgaging the future of the game to do so which doesn't bode well for the long term prospects of HEX.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Set 2! Release Tournament! AA primates! Using Mastery of Time to change the very calendar!

+1

Alan's card parser is much more powerful than we could have imagined. It doesn't just build cards for the game, it brings their effects into reality!!!! ;)

Agrius
11-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Sorry didn't mean to derail, I would be very excited for the new set as well if I played but since I don't it comes as a bit of a bummer.

With that said I think I have made my point and I will let you guys get back to your fun! :)

bootlace
11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Congrats on completing work on set 2! Filk Ape AA is a great prize, they're practically forcing people to come back and check out set 2 :)

Svenn
11-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I haven't heard anything about their f2p plans, and they may well be better than Hearthstone, but my point stands that they shouldn't be spending time implementing hundreds of cards for a new set when they haven't even finished the base game. The only reason I can think of that they would do this is that the sales of Set 1 have dried up and they need an influx of cash. If that is the case then they are mortgaging the future of the game to do so which doesn't bode well for the long term prospects of HEX.
Okay, allow me to explain.

PvP = Pay to play. PvP cards ONLY come from platinum.
PvE = Free to play. PvE cards can be earned in game, and sold for platinum or gold to other players which can then be used to buy the PvP stuff if you want.

Currently, only the PvP part is in. As I said above, this isn't because they are focusing on one over the other... it's because PvE is a MUCH larger undertaking that relies on PvP being done. They have separate teams for PvP and PvE. Creating a set of PvP cards is a matter of coming up with the cards (they've got up through I think set 4 or 5 being designed and tested already), testing the balance, and scripting the 200ish cards. PvE however, requires the PvP system to work, then it requires the same sort of balance testing on the 200+ (or was it 300+) PvE specific cards, but then it also requires creating stories and content for the PvE and then programming and scripting it all together.

Creating 200 cards versus creating 40 dungeons + 300+ cards plus a whole new UI for PvE is what we're talking about here. This is why there is no free to play yet... it takes far longer to develop the side of the game that will be free to play. PvP will always be the "pay" side of the game though.

Also, it's been brought up many times before but Hearthstone is a CCG while Hex is a TCG. Hearthstone can give out all the free cards they want, but Hex can't do that. That's because in a CCG your cards have no value so it doesn't matter. In a TCG the cards hold a value and can be sold for real money (just look at the shops everywhere already buying/selling cards for up to about $50 each). If you start giving out those cards for free the value tanks. It's a VERY different thing, and attempting to apply stuff from Hearthstone to Hex like that just doesn't work.

As far as there being another new 200+ cards... the old cards will still be available, plus you only need 75ish to build a competitive deck, not the full sets. It's not like anyone is "falling behind" because things aren't being rotated out.

Xenavire
11-14-2014, 03:06 PM
So, an important question was asked already - the payout for these tournaments; is it one ape per tournament (1st only) or multiple apes (divided over X number of spots in some fashion?)

Because it is a tall order for most people to win even once, if they need to win 4 times or fork over a buttload of money to people with a high EV... It would be a bit of a shame. I would rather they be more common (I mean, lets make this a REAL party!) than to reward the better players with even more ways to go infinite. :p

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
So, an important question was asked already - the payout for these tournaments; is it one ape per tournament (1st only) or multiple apes (divided over X number of spots in some fashion?)

Because it is a tall order for most people to win even once, if they need to win 4 times or fork over a buttload of money to people with a high EV... It would be a bit of a shame. I would rather they be more common (I mean, lets make this a REAL party!) than to reward the better players with even more ways to go infinite. :p

1 Ape per tournament.

Corpselocker
11-14-2014, 03:16 PM
But will the drafts be 1 pack of set one and 2 packs of set two?

Xenavire
11-14-2014, 03:19 PM
1 Ape per tournament.

What I expected/feared. Thats a tall order... Maybe I can get lucky and win a few AA's in the VIP tournament this month for trading fodder? :confused:

Svenn
11-14-2014, 03:19 PM
But will the drafts be 1 pack of set one and 2 packs of set two?
The regular drafts, yes. The special drafts are all set 2.

asdf2000
11-14-2014, 03:23 PM
That's hilarious.

asdf2000
11-14-2014, 03:26 PM
hey so blue = rare
red = legendary

what is this orange/yellow color? epic? are these cards still pvp cards?

edit: lol im dumb they are AA cards

Svenn
11-14-2014, 03:26 PM
hey so blue = rare
red = legendary

what is this orange/yellow color? epic? are these cards still pvp cards?
Orange = Alternate Art.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Orange = Alternate Art.

That's a temporary thing. We'll get the rarity colors (Common = White, Uncommon - Green, Rare = Blue, Legendary = Red) on AA cards back soon - the new border bling is what will tell you it is AA.

Xenavire
11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
That's a temporary thing. We'll get the rarity colors (Common = White, Uncommon - Green, Rare = Blue, Legendary = Red) on AA cards back soon - the new border bling is what will tell you it is AA.

Bah! I actually really like the orange rarity symbol. It just looks good. :D

Phenteo
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
We've updated the announcement to include Prize Payouts for Second Set Celebration Weekend.

Shattered Destiny Release Celebration Tournaments
The Release Celebration is 3 days long.

Release Celebration Competitive Draft Queue Rewards
Entry fee: 700plat or 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
1st = 5xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
2nd = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
3rd/4th = 2xSet 2 Booster, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
5th-8th = Darkspire Punisher AA Card
Format: Single elim.

Release Celebration Draft Queue Rewards
Entry fee: 700plat 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 20,000 gold
2 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 12,000 gold
1 wins = 1xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold

Sealed Queue Second Set Celebration Rewards
Entry fee: 1,400 plat or 6xSet 2 Boosters + 200 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 6xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 40,000 gold
2 wins = 4xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 24,000 gold
1 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold

schild
11-14-2014, 03:51 PM
These tournaments should really run more than one weekend :(

Vorpal
11-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Well, it is a release event.

Phenteo
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
These tournaments should really run more than one weekend :(

I would like that too!

Counter
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd rather just cancel the VIP weekend to get set 2 earlier....but that's just me, hehe.

fitzle
11-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Very amusing post and I am darn excited about it. November 32nd is like an early Christmas!

Barkam
11-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Never mind.

hex_colin
11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Never mind.

December 5th - 8th. It's in the article.

Bizarre... ;) 2510

Barkam
11-14-2014, 05:19 PM
You are too fast for my ninja edits!

I am so giddy right now for Set 2!

Hexgo
11-14-2014, 05:35 PM

;)

Colin. Time for a new phone!
https://www.blackphone.ch

Edit: it even got a Kismet Smarter WiFi Manager!

Phenteo
11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have any iOS or Android devices. I don't like Apple, and so far I haven't needed to upgrade my old Samsung phone (which only runs a predecessor to Android). If I just need to download Itunes to my PC it's ok, otherwise I'm a bit screwed.

I was told you can download a Kindle reader on your PC.

Rieper
11-14-2014, 06:58 PM
So i get time for playing dragon age without having to switch between it and hex. And we get a weekend with pure set 2 draft, AA and and chance to win even more AA. This will be good, been missing that "hunt for cards" feeling from when set 1 was new.

Svenn
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I was told you can download a Kindle reader on your PC.

Yeap, that's definitely a thing! I've done it. So it's a Kindle thing then? Awesome!

Yoss
11-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Yay Set 2! :D :D :D

Glad to hear that the book will be available for Kindle! I love the "liquid paper" thing.

What does "see above" mean in this case? I don't see anything else about gold up there.

Odai
11-15-2014, 01:07 AM
Oh look more news about stuff we should buy and about tornaments... :/

Xenavire
11-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Oh look more news about stuff we should buy and about tornaments... :/

Well, of course - that's what a new set is all about. And now that its almost here, the next feature is Arena - the free stuff, finally landing and very soon, and it's about time - don't be down about set 2, because your wait is almost over.

DreamPuppet
11-15-2014, 09:20 AM

;)

I actually had one of those back in the day. Then i realized that i was always getting work related calls on my days off and while on vacation and decided that being reachable 24/7 isn't necessarily a good thing.

jonsnow2000
11-15-2014, 09:22 AM
About the Ebook thing again...

The main question about these is what format are they released in? If it's the common formats .mobi and .epub then everything is ok - if it's something weird that is exclusive to mobile platforms that would be bad. That's what my question was about - as long as I'm able to read the book with the Kindle software on my PC or on my Kindle itself it's fine.

Phenteo
11-15-2014, 01:14 PM
About the Ebook thing again...

The main question about these is what format are they released in? If it's the common formats .mobi and .epub then everything is ok - if it's something weird that is exclusive to mobile platforms that would be bad. That's what my question was about - as long as I'm able to read the book with the Kindle software on my PC or on my Kindle itself it's fine.

They will be in epub format. :)

Warrender
11-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Calibre software can convert one ebook format to another. Just a FYI.

ossuary
11-16-2014, 06:17 AM
epub is fine. Just about every system I can think of has a way to read that, and if you have a device that doesn't support it, as Warrender said, you can download Calibre for free and use it to convert to another format (like mobi).

MugenMusou
11-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Does this tunnel guy work while he is in the underground as well? I.e. It gives workerbot each turn while it is face down? It's a great ability, but also sort of giving unintentional information leak of the card itself to the opponent.

ossuary
11-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Does this tunnel guy work while he is in the underground as well? I.e. It gives workerbot each turn while it is face down? It's a great ability, but also sort of giving unintentional information leak of the card itself to the opponent.

No, when a card is tunneled, it is not in play. Abilities and card text don't work when a troop is not in play, unless the keyword or card text specifically says they work in another zone (that's why Pterobot's ability has to say "in all zones" on it, so the casting cost is modified even if it's in your hand or graveyard).

Xenavire
11-16-2014, 12:12 PM

The safe assumption is no, it won't work while it is underground. Call it a price to pay for playing the card cheaper and getting a bonus effect. I would be very surprised if there are any tunneling abilities that work before it surfaces, unless they interact with other things secretly (because of giving away information.)

It is definitely a neat card, and nice to see dwarves with a legendary.

ossuary
11-16-2014, 12:24 PM
We can say for sure that troops that are tunneling normally do nothing, because there is at least one troop that DOES do something when it's tunneling, and it has specific verbiage to indicate that.

Fissuresmith:
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/Fissuresmith.jpg

So unless a troop says it does something while "underground," its card abilities don't function while tunneling. Confirmed! ;)

Yoss
11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
"single elim tournaments gold is standardized: see above"

What does this mean?

MugenMusou
11-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys for the input.

It sounds like all of you are under the assumption, this ability won't work while in the underground, which make sense.

So I guess the second part of ability is basically a benefit if you put this guy underground (and resurfaces) vs. casting him straight off the hand.

Voormas
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
"single elim tournaments gold is standardized: see above"

What does this mean?

I'm guessing that they might be updating the Tournament page on the Hex website and this was a copy/paste from there - or at least I hope so, I was asking Phenteo about tournament prizes via PM so they're probably aware that the page needs an overhaul :p

nickon
11-17-2014, 02:37 AM
We can enter celebration draft queues with our purple draft tickets, right?

ossuary
11-17-2014, 05:52 AM

I would expect so, since they're still draft queues, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

nickon
11-17-2014, 06:38 AM
I would expect so, since they're still draft queues, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Actually lets even let out the 'purple' in my question:

We can enter celebration draft queues with our p̶u̶r̶p̶l̶e̶ draft tickets, right?

nickon
11-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Double post sorry

AstaSyneri
11-17-2014, 07:20 AM
I was one of the people less than enthused about Set 2 when I thought it was going to release in August. Now I am absolutely excited about it, especially since it heralds the advent of PvE. Let's hope that still makes the Dec. 16th deadline (later is difficult because CZE would be hard pressed to fix any bugs before christmas).

Arena's release hinges on Set 2's functionality. If Set 2 is loaded with bugs, don't expect Arena this year

It hinges so much more on other things that Set 2 is not necessarily relevant. Pure conjecture at this point.

Which leads nicely to my questions:

Do I get a choice of using boosters + 100 plat instead of my non-expiring draft tickets? I'd rather do that than use my stack of purple goodness.
It's been stated the release celebration lasts three days. Can you break that down into when exactly it starts and when it ends? I might actually take the Monday off if the event ends Monday noon Pacific Time ;-)

nickon
11-17-2014, 07:50 AM
As to part two of your question AstaSyneri, they specified the times in their original post on hextcg.com:

These tournaments start that Friday at 10 AM Pacific [Worldclock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Shattered+Destiny+Release&iso=20141205T10&p1=137)] and end at 10 AM Pacific that Monday, so make sure to log in and take your shot at the prize!

superdax
11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I am very exited about the release of set 2 but i am disappointed about the sealed event. Sealed never fires and it would of been a good occasion to put something different.

Rising entry price or putting 16 players minimum would of been nice to have at least 10 booster to first player. I am sure that putting something more appealing would create a demande for those 3 days.

Now with the current structure people will probably just draft.

Not complaining just making a point :)

Voormas
11-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Will they not be running the regular scheduled constructed queues? You (maybe?) won't have a shot at the AA cards but you would have a shot at 13 booster 1st prize (with whatever the split of Set 1/2 ends up being on that)

Shaqattaq
11-17-2014, 05:22 PM
For players asking about the ability to use Booster Draft tickets in Release Celebration queues: Yes, you can. Because not allowing you would be mean and we are not mean!

I am very exited about the release of set 2 but i am disappointed about the sealed event. Sealed never fires and it would of been a good occasion to put something different.

Rising entry price or putting 16 players minimum would of been nice to have at least 10 booster to first player. I am sure that putting something more appealing would create a demande for those 3 days.

Now with the current structure people will probably just draft.

Not complaining just making a point :)

If a specific queue is not firing and therefore not serving the needs of the players, we'll evaluate the structure of the Release Celebration event for future releases.

Xenavire
11-17-2014, 06:22 PM
For players asking about the ability to use Booster Draft tickets in Release Celebration queues: Yes, you can. Because not allowing you would be mean and we are not mean!

If a specific queue is not firing and therefore not serving the needs of the players, we'll evaluate the structure of the Release Celebration event for future releases.

I never had a single moment of doubt - a drafts a draft, right? :D

AstaSyneri
11-18-2014, 01:23 AM
As to part two of your question AstaSyneri, they specified the times in their original post on hextcg.com:

Thanks. For some reason I missed that.

That means only one question remains: Is there a way to choose whether to use a non-expiring draft ticket or 3x booster packs + 100 pp?

Why shouldn't it fire? We at TUC are already planning guild "events" for that weekend and on Friday that definitely involves playing Sealed. It's a great way to get a good first look and see the cards before testing the Kraken-infested waters of draft.

On normal weekends Sealed might be slow, but for Set 2 I expect lots of people to start out with Sealed.

Open the boosters you already want to open anyway, pay a little extra and get prizes on top? Sounds great to me.

hex_colin
11-18-2014, 01:35 AM
That means only one question remains: Is there a way to choose whether to use a non-expiring draft ticket or 3x booster packs + 100 pp?

We've been able to do this on joining for months. You can change your "payment" method in the drop down just before you click on the button to enter the tournament lobby proper.

Falaris
11-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Its bad enough that the VIP tournaments are all but unavailable to people who work weekends, now all the release events will be on the weekends as well?

Svenn
11-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Its bad enough that the VIP tournaments are all but unavailable to people who work weekends, now all the release events will be on the weekends as well?

Unfortunately, that's kind of the way the world works. The weekends are when the most people are available, so that's when most events occur in anything.

Warrender
11-18-2014, 05:59 PM

Um...when I logged into my account, I was flagged as a backer and allowed to download the book. Was I not supposed to be able to do this?

Phenteo
11-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Um...when I logged into my account, I was flagged as a backer and allowed to download the book. Was I not supposed to be able to do this?

If you have a backer account, you will see the download. If you can see the download, then enjoy the book. ;)

Shaqattaq
11-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi all. The book was previously listed in some correspondence as $4.99 and that price was incorrect. The price of the book is $7.99. We apologize for any confusion. Thanks, and we hope you're enjoying the novel.

AstaSyneri
11-21-2014, 04:27 PM
We've been able to do this on joining for months. You can change your "payment" method in the drop down just before you click on the button to enter the tournament lobby proper.

Thanks Colin, I never noticed that feature.

jonsnow2000
11-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Sealeds in the release weekend will absolutely fire often. It's a good way to crack many packs at once, and due to the swiss structure and the fact that there will be lots "non-pro" players in them, you have a good shot at making a significant portion of your entry back. Of course there will be players who just join the competitive drafts and raredraft -> quit, but they will be leaving alot of value on the table (and due to the sheer volume of rare drafters, they might not even get any good stuff passed).

I will definitely play a few sealeds inbetween burning my Draft tickets ;)