PDA

View Full Version : HEXTCG Twitter Banner

hex_colin
11-15-2014, 02:39 AM
Might have another Set 2 Spoiler on it... ;)

Gwaer
11-15-2014, 02:45 AM
Looks like the coal dragon has been under a lot of pressure.

Edswor
11-15-2014, 03:12 AM

Salverus
11-15-2014, 05:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1265620873/1416016147

N3rd4Christ
11-15-2014, 07:40 AM

ba dum tss!

Axle
11-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Probably not Zeedu yeah. Diamond dragon pls don't suck.

Xenavire
11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Probably not Zeedu yeah. Diamond dragon pls don't suck.

There is no card that I can think of that doesn't suck for someone out there. Either facing it sucks, or using it sucks, or the synergy sucks... So, it might be an awesome card that 'sucks'. :p

But no, that's not Zeedu, because Zeedu is the sapphire dragon. And obviously the effect has changed (it was spoiled before the replica change was made, so it is unquestionable, it will have changed.) Going off the murmurs about Phenteos avatar, we might just be seeing the final dragon (well, of this 'set'), and potentially all of them are set 2 cards (although I wouldn't discount the possibility that they will be spread further apart.)

Exciting stuff though... Going by Jadiim/Uruunaz, any new dragons are going to be pretty powerful out of the box.

bootlace
11-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Amazing art, my guess something like this:

Elixxus
5DD
Troop - Dragon
Unique

Flight
When you play a shard, this troop gets Invincible until end of turn.

5/5

poizonous
11-15-2014, 01:40 PM
i would be totally thrilled with that Dragon but i believe all the dragons on this block have an effect activated by combat damage

bootlace
11-15-2014, 02:56 PM
i would be totally thrilled with that Dragon but i believe all the dragons on this block have an effect activated by combat damage

Jadiim would like a word with you.

jrj8541
11-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Jadiim would like a word with you.

Is the word 'CORRECT!'?

bootlace
11-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Is the word 'CORRECT!'?

Jadiim: When you play a non-resource card, Jadiim gets +x/+x this turn, where x is that card's cost.

Where's the combat damage activation? Am I missing something?

poizonous
11-15-2014, 04:10 PM
okay 1 Dragon doesn't have combat damage but honestly since the nerf to Jadiim he is really underwhelming. most advanced players don't use him because playing a card on main phase 1 is not a good playing strategy

dogmod
11-15-2014, 04:53 PM
okay 1 Dragon doesn't have combat damage but honestly since the nerf to Jadiim he is really underwhelming. most advanced players don't use him because playing a card on main phase 1 is not a good playing strategy

LOL

"Sure maybe one of the 2 dragons doesn't do what I said... But that dragon sucks anyways so it doesn't count"

Axle
11-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Only 1 dragon is combat damage when you consider that Zeedu is likely being redesigned for replica so we don't really know his effect. I can agree it'll probably be very similar since the original Zeedu was like that. It's more likely based on their cost. Jadiim can be just a statstick w/ flying because he is only a 5 drop (and in wild with ramp) but Uruunaz is a 7 drop. To make that worth it the dragon generates card advantage in some way.

Tl;dr: 5 cost dragon = stuff, 7 cost = stuff + card advantage or good protection (like invincible or spellshield)

Xenavire
11-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, when 50% of the cards do something and the others don't, you can't use either of them to make assumptions. I would not bank on the dragons doing things when they do damage.

That said... I could have sworn the original Zeedu spoiler did something when it dealt damage to the opponent. So that does give a little more weight to the idea - but not a lot. There is every chance that any of the dragons could be completely different.

Axle
11-15-2014, 05:01 PM
The Zeedu we were shown actually really sucked imo. He didn't do anything the turn he was played as a 3 threshold 7 drop and yeah he did need to hit. He had a lot more reward for hitting but you would already need to be ahead with a rather large hand. Unlike Uruunaz, by himself he does nothing since you can't call 7 to get another Zeedu as he is unique. Well you could but it would basically just be unexhausting him for blocking.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hextcg.gamepedia.com/thumb/4/41/Zeedu.png/430px-Zeedu.png?version=21f8ab170eff7e444f0a5130a96f7bf7

Xenavire
11-15-2014, 05:02 PM
The Zeedu we were shown actually really sucked imo. He didn't do anything the turn he was played as a 3 threshold 7 drop and yeah he did need to hit. He had a lot more reward for hitting though if you had good troops in your hand.

Yeah... Plus it was wordy as hell. I hope it is more simple now.

hex_colin
11-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah... Plus it was wordy as hell. I hope it is more simple now.

A little less wordy, but still lots of words. ;) And he still relies on doing damage to your opponent for his new ability to proc.

Xenavire
11-15-2014, 09:52 PM
A little less wordy, but still lots of words. ;) And he still relies on doing damage to your opponent for his new ability to proc.

Colin, my man, it is hard to practice subtlety with you poking holes in all my comments. ;)

Slaeer
11-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Colin, is hard with you poking in my .... ;)

Oh, I get it......

hex_colin
11-16-2014, 11:04 AM

Oh, I get it......

Childish, and not particularly funny. Whatever...

However, I strenuously object to you editing Xenavire's post. A partial fragment would probably be fine, but that's even not what you did here... :(

Xenavire
11-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh, I get it......

Well, that was badly edited (I mean, come on, you removed more words than you had to) and it was also completely childish and tasteless.

You should feel ashamed about that one, really.

Next time, at least make sure the content you end up with is actually funny - the innuendo there is weak.

Slaeer
11-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Well, that was badly edited (I mean, come on, you removed more words than you had to) and it was also completely childish and tasteless.

You should feel ashamed about that one, really.

Next time, at least make sure the content you end up with is actually funny - the innuendo there is weak.

Yeah you're right. It wasn't meant to be insulting or anything and if it was, I'm sorry. Was merely just "poking holes in your comment" about Colin poking holes in your comments...

Xenavire
11-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Yeah you're right. It wasn't meant to be insulting or anything and if it was, I'm sorry. Was merely just "poking holes in your comment" about Colin poking holes in your comments...

Not insulting, just cringeworthy. :p

Almost as bad as adding "Thats what she said" to everything. ;)

nickon
11-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Not insulting, just cringeworthy. :p

Almost as bad as adding "Thats what she said" to everything. ;)

Ok you both made your point, some might think it's funny, some think it isn't. Apology has been made, let's move on people, nothing to see here now ;)

Xenavire
11-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Ok you both made your point, some might think it's funny, some think it isn't. Apology has been made, let's move on people, nothing to see here now ;)

Agreed. :p

Phenteo
11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Thread complete.