PDA

View Full Version : First necrotic??

Khendral
11-20-2014, 04:12 AM
So, we know that necrotics are 'born' (awakened) by socketing diamonds in the eye sockets of a human corpse. Then...how was the first necrotic born? Who/what decided it was a good idea to insert diamonds in the eye sockets of a human corpse?

Did something arrive in Hex (necrotic primal) and started building his army?

Ssysyl
11-20-2014, 11:31 AM
I have in mind the same thing. it's absurd thinking a pair gems "randomly" fall in eyesocket.
Even im curious how work the personality of necrotic based on the gem, there is a dominant gem and a passive one? to resurect a necrotic must need the same combination of gem from the previous body or it can be socket in various combination for new result (maybe this is the explanation of they change of personality from a corpse to corpse.)?
And lixil? it assume become the "sliver queen" of necrotics hive mind?

Trothael
11-20-2014, 02:33 PM
The lore page says that a chunk of Hex buried itself in the land next to the crypt where they were first awoken. Perhaps merely the proximity of that Hex-chunk managed to wake up a couple of bodies, and they only socket the gems in order to always have a connection to whatever alien intelligence is controlling them.

Ssysyl
11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
The lore page says that a chunk of Hex buried itself in the land next to the crypt where they were first awoken. Perhaps merely the proximity of that Hex-chunk managed to wake up a couple of bodies, and they only socket the gems in order to always have a connection to whatever alien intelligence is controlling them.

So you're telling it just need to have the gem in the proximity? and the socketing its just a pratice use, like holding the house's key in the pocket instead of just keep it on a desk or drawer?

Frost3
11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Its not just proximity, but the mass of the shard or shards that may play a role, in the alien abilities. Dragons such as Zakiir and Zeedu amassed a hoard of the hexing gems. Overtime the gems seem to have bonded with them, and altered them from what they were into what they are now. Though our information on what that is, is currently limited.

In this case that gigantic chuck of Diamond would be so powerful that animating at least a small portion of the nearby dead would be within reason. With this simplistic animation, the meteor might have been able to compel the dead to socket their own eyes, creating the first necrotic. The eyes are perfect cavities for the gems, they are right near where the brain would be, and potentially allow them to see in ways humans cant.

The further you get away from the Hex gems the harder it would be to communicate. So to some degree i think the hex gems act as transmitters/receivers allowing them to communicate from a distance. Again no clue as to how far that distance is.

Also i believe that something happens when the gems are infused with a body. Necrotic seem to have both a hive mind like bees, and yet retain individual minds, like Lixil, whose ideas are far fetched even amongst her own people.

Gwaer
11-22-2014, 12:19 AM
It's also possible the first necrotic just had a crap ton of diamond gems land on him, and they ended up in his eyes, or magically migrated there on their own. Possibly some dumb human found some glowing gems and used them on an ancestor instead of coins. It's an interesting question.

Khendral
11-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Possibly some dumb human found some glowing gems and used them on an ancestor instead of coins.
Love how this theory relates to real-life historical beliefs.

Ssysyl
11-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Love how this theory relates to real-life historical beliefs.

until now i never get reference about that folk custom about human of hex, but it still likely.

Khendral
11-22-2014, 05:10 PM
In ancient Greece people were buried with a coin in their mouth, so they could pay Charon (ferryman) and cross river Styx into the Hades (the afterworld). I'm pretty sure other cultures used a coin on each eye rather than in the mouth, but can't remember specifics.

Ssysyl
11-24-2014, 01:13 PM
It's also funny thinking a regular dumb zombie with a gem in the hand and no memory how work eating "ghwwaaa, i didn't remeber... food stuff must insert in eyesocket? let's try..."

Kiworrior
11-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Even in real life people have buried their dead with gems in their eyes. Take a look at these pictures of Roman religious leaders that were uncovered recently. It is entirely possible that the first necrotic were created by the living.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2413688/Incredible-skeletal-remains-Catholic-saints-dripping-gems-jewellery-dug-Indiana-Bones-explorer.html

ossuary
11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I always assumed that that was where CZE got the idea in the first place... lots of their stuff is based on slightly tweaked real-life mythologies.

WolfCrypt
11-26-2014, 11:38 AM
I think the most logical answer is either the humans buried with gems in their eyes(I highly doubt crystals didn't exist till HEX) as a religious ceremony and HEX's descent warped the gems and transformed them into Hexing gems. That or HEX created several mindless undead and made them create Nercotic that were a bit stronger then the current undead.

YourOpponent
11-27-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing that the first necrotic was either buried that way or it was done for aesthetics after somebody lost their eyes from a battle or something. After all it wouldn't be that different from people getting a glass eye after their eye has been removed.

Zomnivore
11-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Shards blasted into age old necropolises of the humans.

That was the rough explanation we got earlier.

RCDv57
12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Not sure how the first necrotic came about, its not too important to me either.
However I really want the First Necrotic to have an extreme rating on the scale of awesomeness.
He/she/it has to be either a complete pushover or a legendary beefcake.

Ebynfel
12-25-2014, 10:22 AM
I like it RCD. The first Necrotic is the only one to rot. He's just a talking skull with diamond gems now, but he's revered so they don't bother transferring him to a new host for the fear of losing his unique persona

RCDv57
12-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I like it RCD. The first Necrotic is the only one to rot. He's just a talking skull with diamond gems now, but he's revered so they don't bother transferring him to a new host for the fear of losing his unique persona

Yeah, something like the Bed of Chaos bossfight from Dark Souls.
Heavily Guarded and Deadly Dangerous, but the guy at the center is just a bug.