PDA

View Full Version : Legendary? Set 1 WoF Chest Rewards!

hex_colin
11-23-2014, 08:27 AM
How has no one posted this here yet? Such disappointment... ;)

Cory spoiled these sleeves on Twitter (https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones/status/536310260978286592) yesterday...

Trothael
11-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Urge to open chests rising...

Stok3d
11-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the spoil--I like 'em.

Gen91
11-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Is that a sign, that chest-opening will be in game with Set 2 / Arena?
Or do we already have info on that and I just missed it?

hex_colin
11-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Is that a sign, that chest-opening will be in game with Set 2 / Arena?
Or do we already have info on that and I just missed it?

Not yet. The plan is for it to arrive with Arena.

bootlace
11-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Sleeve looking great but don't see why there's a key in it...besides the possible distant reference that it was earned from a chest, that requires a key to open?

Trothael
11-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Sleeve looking great but don't see why there's a key in it...besides the possible distant reference that it was earned from a chest, that requires a key to open?

Cory's tweet (https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones/status/536310260978286592) suggests that the key is part of a theme, so I imagine we can expect more keys.

Baldo
11-23-2014, 08:46 AM
The key has a diamond handle. Will this be a common chest reward (common chest is white)? Pentachills linked a primal chest, so that is another possibility.

hex_colin
11-23-2014, 08:47 AM

Not sure "requires a key" is the best way to put it (it's not like you need to obtain anything else to open the chest), but it's definitely a nod to the fact that the sleeves come from a chest. :)

The key has a diamond handle. Will this be a common chest reward (common chest is white)? Pentachills linked a primal chest, so that is another possibility.

The key is Set-specific rather than rarity-specific.

bootlace
11-23-2014, 08:50 AM
but it's definitely a nod to the fact that the sleeves come from a chest. :)

I actually think it's cool when it's not clear where the sleeve is from - one of the best 'ice-breakers' in matches to get people talking...but that's just me.

poizonous
11-23-2014, 09:15 AM
now don't get me wrong i love the sleeves but having a reward in a legendary chest that isn't tradable seems awkward. i guess this is just me wanting sleeves to be tradable especially if they are coming in chest rewards. those sleeves could be worth a nice amount of plat

PhoenixMD
11-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Call me crazy, but I can see half of Corey Jones's face in the sleeve! (Less apparent in the larger version tho :P)
http://i57.tinypic.com/2s96gwz.jpg

Vorsa
11-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Classy sleeves!
I hope cards of all shards get sleeve'd - I've been waiting for something diamond themed...

Naldek
11-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Since we have only 5 shards in Hex does it mean that HexEnt will never make more than 5 sets or that we will get one new type of shard for each set after the fifth ?:p

ossuary
11-23-2014, 12:56 PM
now don't get me wrong i love the sleeves but having a reward in a legendary chest that isn't tradable seems awkward. i guess this is just me wanting sleeves to be tradable especially if they are coming in chest rewards. those sleeves could be worth a nice amount of plat

There will be more than enough other things inside the chests (and exclusive to them!) besides the sleeves to potentially fetch a king's ransom in plat. The sleeves will continue to be account bound; if you want them, you have to do the legwork.

spankydonkey
11-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Very nice sleeve, but will we have the same down side, as spinning sleeves.
If you already have that one, will you just lose out?

Xexist
11-23-2014, 02:47 PM

Ouch. An 'empty' chest would make baby jesus cry :(

Kurasa
11-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Loving those sleeves. Can't wait to tear through chests looking for them. ;)

ossuary
11-23-2014, 03:18 PM

Probably not, since they've already agreed that is a problem with the Wheels and are going to fix it. They'll probably use the same loot code for chests so if it would have given dupe sleeves, it gives something else instead.

Rendakor
11-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Probably not, since they've already agreed that is a problem with the Wheels and are going to fix it. They'll probably use the same loot code for chests so if it would have given dupe sleeves, it gives something else instead.
I really hope this is the case, and will probably wait for confirmation once chests are live before I bother opening them.

YourOpponent
11-23-2014, 07:44 PM
So does this mean primal chests can give a Kismet Sleeve? Because she is a primal, and that would be pretty awesome!

plaguedealer
11-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Honestly I don't like the key image, wish it wasn't there

RCDv57
11-23-2014, 09:09 PM

At least it has a border and logo, unlike most other sleeves.

Lukezors
11-23-2014, 10:02 PM

Agreed

Chark
11-23-2014, 10:51 PM

I asked for the code to detect if you already have the sleeve and re-roll on the loot table.

Svenn
11-23-2014, 11:12 PM
This brings up a question I had. Did we ever get confirmation on whether chests were per block or per set (will Set 2 have the same or different chests than Set 1)? And the same for the Wheels of Fate spinning the chests, if they are different chests... different WoF?

sukebe
11-23-2014, 11:15 PM
This brings up a question I had. Did we ever get confirmation on whether chests were per block or per set (will Set 2 have the same or different chests than Set 1)? And the same for the Wheels of Fate spinning the chests, if they are different chests... different WoF?

I can't remember where I read it but I am fairly certain we were told that it was per block by Cory

Cory_Jones
11-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Set :)

Fateanomaly
11-23-2014, 11:36 PM
So both wof and chest is by set or is it wof is by block and chest is by set?

Gwaer
11-24-2014, 12:19 AM
WOF is block, chest is set.

sukebe
11-24-2014, 12:31 AM
WOF is block, chest is set.

ah, thats right. Sorry for the mixup and the misquote Cory :-) I sometimes mix up the WoF and chests in my head since I only interact with them together right now. I am very excited for the coming months :-)

PhoenixMD
11-24-2014, 12:33 AM
Taken from "HexPrimal" website:

Chests

We will be able to open Chests with the launch of Arena (December 2014).
The different levels of rarities have unique items you can only get from that level of chest.
Each Set gets a new set of Chests with new rewards.
The Chests have a small cosmetic difference between Sets and a complete change in appearance between Blocks.

OutlandishMatt
11-24-2014, 12:41 AM
How has no one posted this here yet? Such disappointment... ;)

Cory spoiled these sleeves on Twitter (https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones/status/536310260978286592) yesterday...

The reason why no one else spoiled it is because no one else probably saw it besides PentaChills and those that follow him and Cory. Unless Cory was to put a period in front (.@PentaChills) or something else, that tweet was only meant to be seen by PentaChills and followers of both.

Thanks for bringing it here to the forums, Colin.

spankydonkey
11-24-2014, 12:50 PM
I asked for the code to detect if you already have the sleeve and re-roll on the loot table.

Thanks for the info Chark, good to know.

Saeijou
11-24-2014, 01:36 PM
What are the odds of getting them? I want to calculate, if I will be able to get them with my chests ;)

Gwaer
11-24-2014, 01:47 PM
We'll have to work out odds ourselves after release. They aren't just going to tell us.

magic_gazz
11-24-2014, 01:50 PM
OMG what if there are primal chest sleeves?????

So much gold will be needed.

Chark
11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
OMG what if there are primal chest sleeves?????

So much gold will be needed.

OMG it's as if we planned this all along! :)

Khazrakh
11-24-2014, 03:05 PM

You evil geniuses!

Aradon
11-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Suddenly dungeon crawler tier jumps in popularity!

dogmod
11-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Ha except for all the quotes from Cory about chests that go up in tiers only dropping more loot not better loot. Then again Cory has been known to drop some misinformation from time to time. So was it planned all along or did you guys jump midstream :O.

Chark
11-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Ha except for all the quotes from Cory about chests that go up in tiers only dropping more loot not better loot. Then again Cory has been known to drop some misinformation from time to time. So was it planned all along or did you guys jump midstream :O.

They drop more loot, have higher chance at better (i define better as legendary or rare rarities for items) loot and have cosmetic items exclusive to them.

For example:

If you wanted to collect a specific piece of common equipment, you would want to open common chests. They are the only ones that drop common equipment. You still have a very small chance to open a legendary equipment out of a common chest, but you're better off opening a legendary chest or a primal chest, because your chances go way up AND legendary chests drop 2 items from them (primal chests drop 3 items from them).

If you wanted to get the above sleeves, I would encourage you to open primal chests. You can probably catch them out of a legendary chest, but it's a pretty small chance.

Before everyone grabs their pitchforks: Having some items drop from high-tier chests encourages gold use in the Wheels of Fate. That's a good thing. It's what keeps gold valuable in the economy. Besides, whenever possible we tired to use cosmetic items as gold sinks, by making them exclusive to higher rarity chests.

Selanius
11-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Before everyone grabs their pitchforks: Having some items drop from high-tier chests encourages gold use in the Wheels of Fate. That's a good thing. It's what keeps gold valuable in the economy. Besides, whenever possible we tired to use cosmetic items as gold sinks, by making them exclusive to higher rarity chests.

100% supportive of better items (not just more items) dropping out of better chests. Given the goal of chests this is needed. I doubt many players that understand the purpose of chests would fault you guys for this. I love your implementation of this!

ossuary
11-24-2014, 05:36 PM
No, that's perfect implementation in my opinion. I like the idea that you CAN get good stuff out of lower level chests, but mostly you get the "yard trash." What I like even more is that higher level chests don't drop the common stuff at all - that's really rewarding you for spending the money to upgrade, so you don't get flooded with (for example) 600 AA windbourne acolytes. ;)

Svenn
11-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Maybe now people won't think I'm so crazy for opening all my primals instead of selling them... ;)

Fateanomaly
11-24-2014, 06:46 PM
He said better chest have better chance of getting better loot not that better chest cannot drop common loot.

Gwaer
11-24-2014, 06:49 PM
If you wanted to collect a specific piece of common equipment, you would want to open common chests. They are the only ones that drop common equipment. You still have a very small chance to open a legendary equipment out of a common chest, but you're better off opening a legendary chest or a primal chest, because your chances go way up AND legendary chests drop 2 items from them (primal chests drop 3 items from them).

Maybe that's just with equipment, but I like the idea that higher chests won't ever drop you common loot.

poizonous
11-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Maybe now people won't think I'm so crazy for opening all my primals instead of selling them... ;)

still crazy but now a little less crazy

magic_gazz
11-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Somehow I feel my 6 primal chests are not going to be enough :(

Incindium
11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
I really need some more gold to roll my 80 Legendary chests... Need more Primal chests.

poizonous
11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm going to sell my primal chests if the value in them is worth a nice price

magic_gazz
11-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Not sure if the WOF is being generous at the moment or if I was just lucky.

Rolled all my remaining rare chests (cost about 250k gold), got 7 or 8 upgrade to legendary and 5 upgrade to primal. Also got 2 crappy rares, 2 Ashahsa and yet another windborn acolyte.

Used my remaining gold on 3 Legendary spins and got another primal upgrade.

Went from 6 primals to 12 in a matter of 350k gold. Now just need to spin those 58 Legendary chests.

Vorsa
11-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info, Chark. :cool:

I fear my gold mountain will evaporate pretty quickly when I try for primal chests! :eek:
Will wait till confirmed in-game that set 2 WoF rewards are indeed the same as set 1, but if so those expensive chest spins will come a calling...

Chark
11-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Set two rewards on the WoF are different :P

Gwaer
11-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Well there's a surprise. Will set one chest rolls still get you set 1 wheel of fate rewards? Or are they well and truly gone? If they're gone completely I need to get rolling. Still missing the wrathwood sleeves.

AstaSyneri
11-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Well there's a surprise. Will set one chest rolls still get you set 1 wheel of fate rewards? Or are they well and truly gone? If they're gone completely I need to get rolling. Still missing the wrathwood sleeves.

Think, Gwaer! ;-)

They can't do that. We still have what, 1 to 2% of the total future Hex population in the game now, maybe even less. If they cut off that many players from potential rewards, that would keep possibly paying customers away. It simply doesn't make sense. I'd wager at least as long as you can buy Set 1 boosters, you'll be able to spin them.

I'd wager you'll always be able to spin them - makes unopened Set 1 boosters so much more valuable in the long run. Valuable boosters = good for CZE!

Gwaer
11-25-2014, 01:31 AM
I disagree. The inability to get the first set of other tcgs doesn't push people away. The only things unobtainable after it goes away are sleeves. Everything else you can get on the AH or maybe in dungeons on the case of equipment. I don't doubt that you can spin them. Only if they will give set one WOF rewards. If they always give set 1 rewards on the wheels that means unopened set one chest could go for a lot down the line.

LNQ
11-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Set two rewards on the WoF are different :P

Really? Wow! Awesome news if this is indeed true and final!

AstaSyneri
11-25-2014, 01:38 AM
I disagree. The inability to get the first set of other tcgs doesn't push people away.

Then we agree to disagree ;-). But I am sure CZE will have thought long and hard about that and I'd expect the WoF to stay around (it's the major gold sink after all) until Block 1 closes, maybe +4 weeks or so.

We already have the Kickstarter goodies that are unavailable to most players, there is no reason to unnecessarily limit stuff more than that.

Chark
11-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Shards of Fate chests will trigger Shards of Fate WoF rewards. Shattered Destiny chests will trigger Shattered Destiny rewards on the WoF. As long as you have set 1 chests, you'll be able to spin for set 1 rewards.

Gwaer
11-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Question answered! Thanks chark.

Chark
11-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Some fun facts:

Yall spun about 34% of all common set one chests so far. There are 66% left to spin. I would have thought the number would be higher...
Primal and Legendary Chests make up about 6% of all of the chests.
Legendary Chests are mostly sitting around with paid spins. About 93% of them. No surprise there: it's hard to throw away 30,000 gold on faith that Primal Chests will be good.
Primal Chests are almost all spun: about 95%. Also no surprise there: spining the wheels for free is fun! Plus most of these are double upgrades from Rare chest with no possibility of a spin again.
Free-spin chests represent only 0.01% of total chests. Talk about lack of self control...
Our forums don't like bbcode markup

nickon
11-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Shards of Fate chests will trigger Shards of Fate WoF rewards. Shattered Destiny chests will trigger Shattered Destiny rewards on the WoF. As long as you have set 1 chests, you'll be able to spin for set 1 rewards.

How will SoF and SD chests be seperated in our inventory?

PhoenixMD
11-25-2014, 03:13 AM
How will SoF and SD chests be seperated in our inventory?

I'm pretty sure the chests will visually differ between sets, at least slightly.

AstaSyneri
11-25-2014, 03:35 AM

Don't you guys ever sleep?

Thanks for the information!

Parzival
11-25-2014, 04:09 AM
Information never sleeps! ;)

Thanks Chark.

LNQ
11-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Some fun facts:

Plus most of these are double upgrades from Rare chest with no possibility of a spin again.[/li]

Thanks for the facts, loving the info :) But I didn't quite understand this! Only 3 golden hearts cannot be spun again, 3 normal hearts can be spun.

ossuary
11-25-2014, 05:54 AM
Some fun facts:
Our forums don't like bbcode markup
[/ul]

I LOLed. And thanks for the neat info, Chark. :)

Thanks for the facts, loving the info :) But I didn't quite understand this! Only 3 golden hearts cannot be spun again, 3 normal hearts can be spun.

3 gold hearts - possibly the most soul-crushing spin result of all time... especially if you were spinning a rare!

jonsnow2000
11-25-2014, 06:26 AM
So hyped! Just one more week! :cool:

Vorpal
11-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the info, Chark.

Proposed system sounds pretty much perfect. Each chest has set specific wof rewards, better chests give you better items (and more of them) and higher tier chests don't give you lower tier items, and the most expensive items are the sought after cosmetic upgrades, guarantee to be a good gold sink.

magic_gazz
11-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Funny thing about the spins on primal chests. Yesterday I rolled double chest upgrade, looking forward to a super-rare primal chest.

This is probably something like duplicate sleeves that should be removed. Its not a big deal, but there is no point rolling things you can not receive.

poizonous
11-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Funny thing about the spins on primal chests. Yesterday I rolled double chest upgrade, looking forward to a super-rare primal chest.

This is probably something like duplicate sleeves that should be removed. Its not a big deal, but there is no point rolling things you can not receive.

or they could be nice and make that spin give you a second primal chest

thegreybetween
11-25-2014, 12:44 PM
or they could be nice and make that spin give you a second primal chest

Actually, it would be cool and almost practical if rolling upgrades on Primal chests gave out no-spin common chests. "Here's a free piece of random cheap loot for your troubles." Too much trouble, though. Agreed that this should ultimately fall under the sleeve auto-re-spin solution.

Vorsa
11-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Huzzah for set 2 WoF items; must grab more sets of mystery PvE cards and their associated equipment!

I'd best see a] how much gold I have after spinning all the set 2 chests I can buy and b] if they are fixing the sleeve problem this update, before revisiting set 1 spins for loot/sleeves.

I do like cosmetic items (sleeves & AA), but I love acquiring functional items more - so great news for me that the higher chest tiers are more cosmetic in nature. Thanks Crypto. :D

So far I have kept my 2 AA Princess Victoria (because I associate that as the 'true' appearance of her), bought 2 AA Replicator's Gambit for a full set as my Kickstarter keepsake and I am eyeing up 4 AA Darkspire Punishers as a set 2 launch keepsake (and to support the participation AA principle which I am 100% in favor of) - but every other marketable AA that has come my way I have ended up turning into cold hard platinum.

Early prediction: Her Majesty, Queen Grace as the rare WoF AA card for set 2!
I like the stylish painterly quality to her card, but methinks a more conventional image of her might be lined up to stand alongside His Majesty and Princess Victoria...

ossuary
11-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I do like cosmetic items (sleeves & AA), but I love acquiring functional items more - so great news for me that the higher chest tiers are more cosmetic in nature. Thanks Crypto. :D

The rarest cosmetic items are exclusive to the highest level chests, but that doesn't mean all the rest of the stuff from chests will be easily attainable from common and uncommon chests... there are still rare mercs, PVE cards, PVP AAs, and legendary equipment to worry about! You're definitely going to want higher level chests for more than just the sleeves. :)

True, it's POSSIBLE for the good stuff to drop out of a common chest, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen. You're far better off upgrading and eliminating the junk items from the loot table (and getting more items per chest) than you are opening hundreds of common chests and praying for a lucky strike.

N3rd4Christ
11-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Squeel!