11-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Subterranean Spy... My body is ready.

Trothael
11-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Subterranean Spy is obscene.

Monsuun is gonna be a lot of fun.

Svenn
11-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Well, Shin'hare should be really fun now...

poizonous
11-25-2014, 11:04 AM
man that legendary shinhare is scary

not to mention could fetch a nice price with all the shinhare lovers

nicosharp
11-25-2014, 11:14 AM
man that legendary shinhare is scary

not to mention could fetch a nice price with all the shinhare lovers
Furries man.....

Xexist
11-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Subterranean Spy is obscene.

Monsuun is gonna be a lot of fun.

Spy will make counterspell / fishy hands better <3

magic_gazz
11-25-2014, 12:12 PM

Yes, those 2 cards could use some help :P

hex_colin
11-25-2014, 12:51 PM

Fish Hands is not the card you think it is anymore... ;)

But, the exact same functionality exists on another card. :)

Trothael
11-25-2014, 12:57 PM

This has ruined set 2 for me

Xenavire
11-25-2014, 01:07 PM

I was wondering when you would finally let this one out. I am sad about the new Fish Hands though. *Sadface*

Vorpal
11-25-2014, 02:19 PM
So...
are non tunneling decks going to be unable to compete bwcause of how resistant tunnelung decks are to extiction...

Or will all the tunneling decks make extiction fall out of favor, thus making slower troop based decks more viable? Inspire is slow, but might be able to keep up with tunneling deck.

Xenavire
11-25-2014, 02:26 PM
So...
are non tunneling decks going to be unable to compete bwcause of how resistant tunnelung decks are to extiction...

Or will all the tunneling decks make extiction fall out of favor, thus making slower troop based decks more viable? Inspire is slow, but might be able to keep up with tunneling deck.

I doubt anyone could answer right now - I expect a more varied meta than we have seen so far. I don't think Tunneling will be an instant win (learning curve) but Hopeheart Unicorn will be a no-brainer that will pressure Extinction decks. I expect a shift to slower decks until a viable aggro breaks into the meta, and then who knows? :p

Axle
11-25-2014, 02:39 PM
So...

I still don't get this. How is inspire slow? The ever so popular Ruby/Sapphire has the exact same curve...

They both:
Play a 2 drop (MirrorKnight//whatever).
Play a 3 drop(Mentalist/alexander/etc)
Play a 4 drop that generates two other troops (Falconer)
---
Then inspire has play Gawaine to win the match-up though some R/S play a couple of him too. 3 color inspire is exactly like R/S except it has Blessing instead of Gore Feast. Gore Feast isn't much use to R/S if they can't keep a superior board in the first place. Not to mention inspire probably has more 2 drops which means more troops.

Vorpal
11-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Not attacking before turn 4/5 is slow. If you are attacking with your inspire troops, you are spending a turn putting down blessing of the fallen. If you aren't running blessing you are just begging to be blown out by extinction.

Axle
11-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Why do I need to play Blessing on turn 3? Why not later? Is my graveyard going to magically disappear if I don't slam it asap? Why are you thinking so one dimensional? If you both have the exact same board presence then neither can attack and efficient damage won't be put in. If we trade then it's a win for me because I have Blessing later down the line. There is no "too slow". RSD is a bad matchup for R/S and there is no successful faster deck in the game for you to be comparing "speed" to.

Xenavire
11-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Not attacking before turn 4/5 is slow. If you are attacking with your inspire troops, you are spending a turn putting down blessing of the fallen. If you aren't running blessing you are just begging to be blown out by extinction.

Hopeheart. It has great stats, is insurance (lasting insurance if you are clever), and picks up inspire triggers. Fits perfectly, only downside is that it doesn't add more inspire.

Vorpal
11-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Why do I need to play Blessing on turn 3? Why not later? Is my graveyard going to magically disappear if I don't slam it asap? Why are you thinking so one dimensional? If you both have the exact same board presence then neither can attack and efficient damage won't be put in. If we trade then it's a win for me because I have Blessing later down the line. There is no "too slow". RSD is a bad matchup for R/S and there is no successful faster deck in the game for you to be comparing "speed" to.

A deck that beats a fast deck is not necessarily a fast deck itself.

Or maybe I am just spoiled by mtg and feel if you haven't killed your opponent by turn 4 that you are too slow :p

magic_gazz
11-25-2014, 03:10 PM
I hope we se a way to kill tunnelled troops

Vorpal
11-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Retroactively make tectonic break work on them so it stops being such a terrible card.

poizonous
11-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Retroactively make tectonic break work on them so it stops being such a terrible card.

that would not make it any better lol

PhoenixMD
11-25-2014, 11:48 PM
I just am a bit sad cause tunneling makes gorefeast more relevant to even wider variety of decks now :(

Vorpal
11-26-2014, 10:34 AM
that would not make it any better lol

True. The cost is still absurd. Thematically, any tunneling cards should automatically be destroyed in a tectonic shift.

WolfCrypt
11-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Monsun may be scary effect wise maybe but I thought he was too sexy I never read his effects.

Zophie
11-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Retroactively make tectonic break work on them

Thematically, any tunneling cards should automatically be destroyed in a tectonic shift.

You know this is an interesting point to make. They've said that they want to avoid making any changes to existing PVP cards after they are released, but what if it is a change made that simply adds an interaction with a future set mechanic, but doesn't affect the game as it is right now? I don't personally have any issue with this and would be okay with this kind of errata, what do you guys think?

Vorpal
11-26-2014, 02:41 PM
I would welcome it, particularly in the case of cards previously thought to be terrible.

People don't usually complain about their stuff getting better.

Armies
11-26-2014, 02:56 PM
they would probably just print a new card rather then change the old one.

Xenavire
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
they would probably just print a new card rather then change the old one.

Or equipment, then a new PvP card if its worth it. :p

poizonous
11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
would anyone ever play the card even if it was changed? i tested it out when it first came out. had a 7/7 honeycap vs 5 worker bots. 2 worker bots lived and my honeycap died. RNG has no place in decks unless we're playing hearthstone

Chocmaw
11-27-2014, 04:54 AM
The new Set 2 Coyotle Rogue, 'Canyon Scout' that was spoiled (https://twitter.com/FunktionFails/status/537794565688672256/photo/1) on General's Tent looks like it could help quite decently against tunnelled troops.