PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Man vs Shazam!

MStreva89
11-26-2014, 09:09 AM
This question pertains to several card effect interactions, but this should answer all of them:

If I play Shazam! and the main deck card revealed and played is Mind Control Hat, can that card then be copied by Plastic Man even though it no longer is visible or in-play?

Matt_Hyra
11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
No. You can only copy something that is still in play.

MStreva89
12-05-2014, 12:47 PM
In a post in the Specific Card Rulings you stated that Clayface would not be able to copy a destroyed Firestorm Matrix, but in this post you state that a card can be copied with Plastic Man/Clayface even if they currently in the "played" zone.

What's the full explanation for this?

Bomb
12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
*Deleted so I don't confuse anyone that comes across this thread with the wrong answer.

Matt_Hyra
12-05-2014, 02:04 PM
In a post in the Specific Card Rulings you stated that Clayface would not be able to copy a destroyed Firestorm Matrix, but in this post you state that a card can be copied with Plastic Man/Clayface even if they currently in the "played" zone.

What's the full explanation for this?

Full explanation is that I answered this one incorrectly above. I edited the response. There is no difference between top of main deck and destroyed pile. You can only copy/replay/mess with cards that are currently in play, unless the card specifically mentions another zone.