PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - New Launch Date - December 9th

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we've had to move the launch date of Set 2 and the Release Celebration.

More can be read here: https://hextcg.com/set-2-launch-date-moved-to-december-9th/

Xenavire
11-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Shame, but not at all surprised. Seems to be a good reason for it too.

bootlace
11-26-2014, 01:07 PM
You mean November 39th, right? ;)

Glae
11-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Super disapointting. I actually have a new job and as luck had it, my last day at the old one was the second, and first job at the new one was the Monday after the release weekend.

I've gone from being able to play release event 24/7 to probably not at all.

Will we actually find out the reason, or is it just "because reasons?" You guys understand that announcing a date for set 2 only two weeks before it comes out and *still* having to cancel and delay the launch date and event basically destroys your credibility, right?

What happened to "Its ready to go but we don't want to launch on Thanksgiving?"

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Super disapointting. I actually have a new job and as luck had it, my last day at the old one was the second, and first job at the new one was the Monday after the release weekend.

I've gone from being able to play release event 24/7 to probably not at all.

Will we actually find out the reason, or is it just "because reasons?"

There was some bugs that ended up causing massive game failures and created new issues where none existed before.

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:10 PM

Oh oh, yes... you're right. ;)

nicosharp
11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
I chuckled because I know other people that have taken time off. I think it was by chance it was the same week/weekend, but its still funny. I learned a very long time ago to never plan time-off over the release of a game.

If it's for the best, it is for the best, and we are all excited about playing set 2. Another week won't kill us.

Khendral
11-26-2014, 01:13 PM
How are you guys going to manage/reschedule the previews? No more previews until next week? One article every two days?

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:14 PM
How are you guys going to manage/reschedule the previews? No more previews until next week? One article every two days?

Shaqattaq has made some changes to the calendar. So, there will still be more updates. ;) The cadence may change from daily though.

Axle
11-26-2014, 01:15 PM
It's all good. It's just a week.

I'm willing to be swayed to positive emotions by a video and great spoilers..:)

Raith
11-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Boo!! Now I have to pick whether to play the Destiny DLC or Hex Set 2 drafts on release day. After drafting at Gencon, I'm sure set 2 drafts will win. I'm really looking forward to drafting with all the cards available. :) Still it's a little sad to be so close and so far away at the same time.

xou
11-26-2014, 01:16 PM
I chuckled because I know other people that have taken time off.
I'm also one of those. guess it is that hard way to learn things. I just hope I'll be able to play this new release weekend.

Phenteo
Boo!! Now I have to pick whether to play the Destiny DLC or Hex Set 2 drafts on release day. After drafting at Gencon, I'm sure set 2 drafts will win. I'm really looking forward to drafting with all the cards available. :) Still it's a little sad to be so close and so far away at the same time.

Set 2 drafts! ;) Sorry for the delay, but thank you for your understanding.

lite
has anyone actually believed in the date?
in the last year they have not even managed to fulfill a promise for more than 3 days in the future was

eimerian
11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Will this have an impact on the arena release?
How many days does December have?

mttgamer
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd rather set 2 be bug-free on release day than it be riddled with bugs like alpha was.

No one likes buggy cards!

A suggestion, although it might not be a good one, i'd keep tournaments offline until you are 100% positive they wont go crashing like crazy. (or till the weekend, whatever comes first)

Raith
11-26-2014, 01:20 PM
in the last year they have not even managed to fulfill a promise for more than 3 days in the future was

I'll admit I did believe this one. Still I didn't go out of my way to schedule anything around it and have kept my expectations set at I'll play it when it's available.

Xenavire
11-26-2014, 01:21 PM

I don't doubt that this will directly affect Arena's release date. I don't think it will affect the quality though, so its all good.

lite
11-26-2014, 01:21 PM
you really think there will be no bugs on release? ;o really?

Thrawn
11-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I'd rather set 2 be bug-free on release day than it be riddled with bugs like alpha was.

Unless something amazing and magical has happened I would expect the delayed release to still be very bug ridden and problematic.

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:23 PM

Actually, this date was going to be hit. It wasn't until the very last moment that an issue happened where we really had to rethink the date.

It more than likely will. December has three hundred and fifty two days, last I checked...

No one likes buggy cards!

A suggestion, although it might not be a good one, i'd keep tournaments offline until you are 100% positive they wont go crashing like crazy. (or till the weekend, whatever comes first)
Tournaments will be closed for testing then opened once things are fully tested. We will also keep a close eye on the servers the entire day after launch. I also hope it to be bug-free, but nothing ever is. There are going to be issues that we can only find through large-scale testing.

Ridian
11-26-2014, 01:26 PM
I am perfectly fine with the date getting changed, however, I really hope this trend does not continue. My impressions of Cryptozoic as a company is starting to sour, this is not the first time something has been announced for a particular date/time frame and then been changed. It seems to be happening way too often for my liking, next time just don't announce a time frame until you are 100% positive on it. You keep getting the hopes of your consumers up and then pulling the rug out from under them.

As this is beta it's kinda reasonable for this to happen, but moving forward I hope to never see this kind of thing happen when the game is out. That's how you lose the faith your customers put in you, puts the impression that Cryptozoic as a company and game developer has no clue what they are doing.

Hexgo
11-26-2014, 01:26 PM

Actually its August the 130th :)

hacky
11-26-2014, 01:27 PM
The new date allows me to enjoy IEM San Jose without worrying about release weekend. It's not all bad for everyone.

magic_gazz
11-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Out of interest, how do you know the issue will only delay things for 1 week?

With Arena also being delayed have we gone from a targeted December release to a January release or is it more likely to be February?

Gwaer
11-26-2014, 01:39 PM
After they fix the bug they'd have to retest the release and see if the fixes caused any further problems. I doubt they know the answer with any degree of certainty what the actual delay will be. Though maybe it will be long enough for them to rename the blood buffalo.

mightygerm
11-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Never expected this date would stick, Hex's track record on meeting deadlines it not exactly spectacular. I hope for whenever it is released that the server will be stable and set well-tested, but even that seems like wishful thinking given past releases.

Kinda feel bad for people who booked time off, but I'd wait for stuff to actually get released working and on time before I put stock into any release dates.

firedancer27
11-26-2014, 01:51 PM
I know it is horribly selfish but I am ecstatic. I had a family vacation scheduled for the original release so was a bit bummed. Now I get to enjoy the release!!!!

Gwaer
11-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Haha. I'm in the exact opposite position. The original date was perfect, the new date I'm scheduled to be out of town.

Vorsa
Drat!
I don't think moving set 2 one week* is a big deal, but I was still clinging to vain hope that the Arena might arrive in my holiday December 20th to January 4th. :(
*Setting expectation for December 16th.

On the other hand the big/annoying project I'm on might finish in January, so if Arena lands in February I should be past any danger of losing evenings & weekends to work. :)

Punk
you really think there will be no bugs on release? ;o really?

Doesn't matter the game, there will always be bugs on release day. MTGO has at least one card that doesn't even work properly every release event.

Svenn
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
I am disappointed in this not because one week is awful in terms of game development release pushes, or because the old weekend was better for me... but because I know that a lot of people's confidence was shaky at best and they won't understand this. It's going to hurt. :(

cavench
11-26-2014, 01:57 PM

It more than likely will...

Say it ain't so! :eek:

Phenteo, great job btw for keeping the communication open.

Gwaer
11-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Depends on the nature of the bug. The fix could easily cause issues with pve cards or coding, that the entirely separate pve Team has to fix that still delays both.

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 01:58 PM
say it ain't so :eek:

Phenteo, great job btw for keeping the communication open.

I'm trying. But I hate giving the bad new. :(

loopholist3
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I was really looking forward to doing tournaments to get myself Darkspire Punishers, but the new date overlaps perfectly with my vacation. So I will be away from my computer the entire release weekend.

Mejis
11-26-2014, 02:01 PM
This is a tad disappointing. I just hope it doesn't mean that the next date will slip too and that then Set 2 slides in January.

Best wishes to the coding team to get these new issues ironed out quickly and that no new things crop up because of it.

spankydonkey
11-26-2014, 02:05 PM
:( say no more.

ossuary
11-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Do me a favor and delay it just ONE more week... then the release event will happen on the first day of my Christmas vacation, and I can actually do drafts 24/7 for once instead of having to MAYBE get lucky and squeeze in one or two the whole weekend. ;)

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Do me a favor and delay it just ONE more week... then the release event will happen on the first day of my Christmas vacation, and I can actually do drafts 24/7 for once instead of having to MAYBE get lucky and squeeze in one or two the whole weekend. ;)

Haha. ;)

Counter
11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
As I predicted in earlier thread Dec. 9 is a likely release date. They need to be careful in order to not delay much longer. I don't even really play anymore, just waiting for set 2. I know many players won't come back until set 2 as well.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=38860&highlight=tuesday

Svenn
11-26-2014, 02:21 PM

I'd agree with this. That weekend is way better for me. :p

AstaSyneri
11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Terribly disappointed, scheduled time away from family and a day from the job. Even worse is the effect on The Arena.

:( :( :(

Yes, all the naysayers have got it right again... I still won't give in to that.

Vorpal
11-26-2014, 02:48 PM
If tournaments are turned off, how exactly will the release event proceed?

Phenteo
11-26-2014, 02:50 PM
If tournaments are turned off, how exactly will the release event proceed?

Tournamets will only be locked immediately after the patcg for testing. They will be opened after and well before the weekend. :)

Resand
11-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Well I guess this is pretty much par for the course now. At Least it gives them time to fix a few of the outstanding bugs before more are added with set 2.

Vorsa
11-26-2014, 03:31 PM
@ Phenteo
Can I ask if this news means the article with the videos won't be going up today, please?
Won't hang on for it when I feel bed calling, if it was waylaid by this development also. :)

Rendakor
11-26-2014, 03:37 PM
The original release weekend was really inconvenient for me (on-call week at work and my birthday) so this delay is good news. Sucks for those who scheduled time off for it though.

poizonous
11-26-2014, 03:38 PM
1 week isn't the worst news but you guys really need to work on your dates. you currently have little trust with the community on that aspect. not the way Cory wants to run his baby I'm sure

Selanius
11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Surprised by the date push back. Normally HEX is good when the date is so close. One week isn't a big deal. It is REALLY important to hit this date though. I'm expecting arena mid-late January. I'd be happy with that.

Axle
11-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Damn. No video today it seems. Would have been perfect to combat the bad news :(.

Stok3d
11-26-2014, 04:40 PM
looks like I need to move my vacation request out a week ^ ^.

Mejis
11-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Damn. No video today it seems. Would have been perfect to combat the bad news :(.

My feelings too.

Although, has it been confirmed def no video? Or are you just going off the HEXTCG.com page having just the Orc spoiler and nothing else, and that's it for today?

fitzle
11-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Thank you guys for delaying a release due to finding a rather awful bug rather than going through and releasing a crappy broken product anyway like some companies... *Cough* UBISOFT *Cough*

asdf2000
11-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Can you imagine how much it sucks for them if they had everything together, fully checked, were completely positive set 2 was good to go, and then at the last minute something popped up that they had no way to expect or anticipate?

Definitely would suck worse for them than for us. And it's probably what happened.

Sucks, but oh well. One week isn't too long.

Voormas
11-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Are you able to share if it was a card interaction bug or something else? I'm always curious about that stuff

N3rd4Christ
11-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Success.... The AA monstrosity has been delayed by a week!

down2one
11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
i didn't tell my tcg friends about 'ninja beta' because i knew that they would be disappointed by the current "p2p pvp only for now" state of the game.

this delay does not really affect my experience any tiny bit, but i would not advertise this game to my friends until set 2 and arena are live.

honestly, i wouldn't want them to look at the game at its current state then say "meh... back to HS". i want them to be blown away the moment they sign up.

DivineY
11-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Well people make time ,take vacation leave,change schedule,get ready their credit cards or their parents credit card:D lol just for the release date. This show that hex right now is part of their lives,something they care and love to do. But you can only be dissapointed that many times by something u love before moving on. Pls do better on your next promise on arena cause that is the most hype up event for the hex community and perhaps its the make or break event for hex in the long run. Cheers

Samurai
11-27-2014, 12:48 AM
We want to thank our community for the support we’ve received, and we appreciate your patience and understanding!
Its just copy/paste as always. Hex fans always must be patience and always must wait till somethings will happen or not (last update with tons of bugs).

nickon
11-27-2014, 01:27 AM
Tournamets will only be locked immediately after the patcg for testing.

Is that what they call a patch for a tcg game these days, nice! ;)

Of course I would have liked to see Set 2 in time, not because of my personal agenda or anything, just to actually know the dev team is getting a better grip on the development of the game. Now I'm only left with the feeling it's still too soon in the development cycle to expect that from them, but we'll get there (beta right) :)

Thanks for the open communication Phenteo, hopefully we can stick to this new deadline!

Cernz
11-27-2014, 02:07 AM
im happy about the 1 week delay :) (as long this wont delay again)

Had plenty of stuff to do next weekend, and now i can grind as much as i can (if everything goes well) ;D

KillaBee
11-27-2014, 02:12 AM
I really much hoped the PVE Arena would come before my vacation, which starts from 22th December :(

But Set 2 releasing at 9th December so i think PVE Arena Comes in late December or January :eek:

Hatts
11-27-2014, 06:15 AM

I think optimistically we will have it around December 46th.

Book the time off now people! ;-)

Thrawn
11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I think optimistically we will have it around December 46th.

Book the time off now people! ;-)

Is that before or after we go into One-Quarter Open But Not Quite Closed Available Beta 2.0?

Phenteo
11-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Is that before or after we go into One-Quarter Open But Not Quite Closed Available Beta 2.0?

That's too far away of a beta. The next one is "I can't believe its not open beta, beta." then One-Quarter Open But not Quite Close Available Beta 1.5...

ossuary
11-28-2014, 04:24 AM
I can't wait 'till we get to Super Maxi Ultra Penultimate Mega Happy Smile Time Extreme Beta.

Dorkelvania
11-29-2014, 01:10 AM
I can't wait 'till we get to Super Maxi Ultra Penultimate Mega Happy Smile Time Extreme Beta.

You forgot the subtitle, Mo Beta Blues.