PDA

View Full Version : guilds?

Shadowspawn
11-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Really would like an update on timing of bare bones guild formation features. Feels like this KS tier is bordering on worthless if its major benefit won't be able to be used for 6-9 months from now. I started a guild but there was so much delay in the game t has been hard to keep them together and engaged with no in game features to help. Guilds are normally very good for keeping players engages. Why the slow implementation here?

Not looking for guild vault or loaning... Just allow a group of people to have a common affiliation in game.

hex_colin
11-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Really would like an update on timing of bare bones guild formation features. Feels like this KS tier is bordering on worthless if its major benefit won't be able to be used for 6-9 months from now. I started a guild but there was so much delay in the game t has been hard to keep them together and engaged with no in game features to help. Guilds are normally very good for keeping players engages. Why the slow implementation here?

Not looking for guild vault or loaning... Just allow a group of people to have a common affiliation in game.

You'll be able to accomplish what you want with the new chat. Not Guilds or Teams per se, but you'll be able to start building custom communities (e..g private chat channels). I know for a fact Cory sees it as a very, very high priority item, and it's definitely getting a lot of love right now.

Shadowspawn
11-27-2014, 09:13 AM
A chat feature is well and good but if it doesn't allow the guild leader 10% benefit (which is greatly watered down already due to the way classes seem to have changed) then it isn't really adding much value. The whole guild idea/ tier is starting to feel a bit forgotten

sukebe
11-27-2014, 07:54 PM
A chat feature is well and good but if it doesn't allow the guild leader 10% benefit (which is greatly watered down already due to the way classes seem to have changed) then it isn't really adding much value. The whole guild idea/ tier is starting to feel a bit forgotten

remember our account will level as well. the might system is likely not affected by that perk as it seems more designed for the account leveling system.

Shadowspawn
11-27-2014, 08:29 PM
No one has explained the point of account leveling in the face of the might issue. Seems to be an afterthought, or at least a poorly communicated interaction.

Voormas
11-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I think the Might system makes the Guild Leader reward even better because once your account is max level (which lets you unlock stuff in your Keep / etc) you wouldn't get any further benefit, but with earning xp during each encounter in a dungeon you are always going to get something out of being in one of these cool guilds

From what I recall of the Cory AMA thread on here we should be getting Guilds some time in 1st half of 2015? I'm cool with that, will be interesting to see how they actually implement this stuff because I've been scratching my head trying to think what a guild would even look like in this game

Stok3d
11-27-2014, 08:51 PM
You'll be able to accomplish what you want with the new chat. Not Guilds or Teams per se, but you'll be able to start building custom communities (e..g private chat channels). I know for a fact Cory sees it as a very, very high priority item, and it's definitely getting a lot of love right now.

Great news--thanks for the update!

Shadowspawn
11-28-2014, 07:18 AM
I think the Might system makes the Guild Leader reward even better because once your account is max level (which lets you unlock stuff in your Keep / etc) you wouldn't get any further benefit, but with earning xp during each encounter in a dungeon you are always going to get something out of being in one of these cool guilds

From what I recall of the Cory AMA thread on here we should be getting Guilds some time in 1st half of 2015? I'm cool with that, will be interesting to see how they actually implement this stuff because I've been scratching my head trying to think what a guild would even look like in this game

Great theory but if there are only 10-20 encounters in a dungeon it means you get an"early" might boost for 1-2 encounters (and that assumes might xp is linear).

So it is a bit "meh".

When characters were individually leveling (per merc) the benefit was a lot more broad and meaningful because it meant it applied to each new merc release.

Aradon
11-28-2014, 08:28 AM
I was under the impression that 'might' was a reward from various specific encounters in each dungeon, rather than an experience progression. I think we'll find that certain fights in dungeons will yield a might power boost, while others will not. I don't think the Guild Leader perk will apply to might progression.

Shadowspawn
12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Lots of interest in guilds apparently. And the might experience interaction. Is nobody else curious?

Gwaer
12-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm not even sure that the arena has a might system component. Haven't seen it mentioned anyway.

AstaSyneri
12-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Lots of interest in guilds apparently. And the might experience interaction. Is nobody else curious?

Curious as heck. But until Set 2 is out, all news will be about that. Once it is out, all news will be about the release weekend. Once that is over I hope the news cycle shifts to covering the Arena and once that is out, we may get news about all the other features we are patiently waiting for ;-).