PDA

View Full Version : In light of recent mail scammers I am offering to middleman trades

havocattack
11-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi all :)

As of the last few days, I have seen several reports of a player who has been scamming people. People should always only use the mail system to trade with people they know/trust. With that said, people still do it and unfortunately fall victim to these vile creatures...

So, if anyone wants to do a trade, feel free to contact me in game (ign: HAVOC) and I will happily offer to middleman the transaction.

Cheers,

HAVOC

Rendakor
11-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Wrong subforum.

ossuary
11-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Wrong subforum.

I disagree. This is an issue that affects the whole community, it needs maximum visibility. New players don't go digging around every single subforum reading every thread so might not know about the risks of mail "trading." They are far more likely to wander into general discussion than anywhere else on the forums, so this is a good place to put a message.

Cernz
11-30-2014, 05:32 PM
i like it, in eve online all the valuable trades also run over well known middlemen.

HAVOC can be trusted, he is also a nice topdecker :D (gg again, was one of my highlight games in draft so far, altough i didnt win...)

ryuukan
11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Good thing the mail system doesnt have a timer

havocattack
11-30-2014, 05:50 PM
i like it, in eve online all the valuable trades also run over well known middlemen.

HAVOC can be trusted, he is also a nice topdecker :D (gg again, was one of my highlight games in draft so far, altough i didnt win...)

very gg, was also a highlight game for me (shame I wasn't streaming it >_<)
In the finals now, just won game 1 :D whee

edit: won :D woo
dat 1hp comeback against you, then to win, aww yeaa ^_^

YourOpponent
11-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Also there is a list of Good traders in the Auction House/Trading sub forum. If you don't see the person on that list to trade with...then you could be taking a risk by "trading" with them.

Xexist
11-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Ive been 'offering' since trading became available. Noone has ever taken me up on it.

Counter
11-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Practically speaking....why aren't people just using auction house? No name calling or anything. Just thought that's what auction house is for. If you need a specific card or want to sell a specific card.

magic_gazz
11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
I disagree. This is an issue that affects the whole community, it needs maximum visibility. New players don't go digging around every single subforum reading every thread so might not know about the risks of mail "trading." They are far more likely to wander into general discussion than anywhere else on the forums, so this is a good place to put a message.

Wrong. It affects a tiny number of people who are using mail for unintended purposes. Most people would know better.

Practically speaking....why aren't people just using auction house? No name calling or anything. Just thought that's what auction house is for. If you need a specific card or want to sell a specific card.

Because some people want to save a few cents at the risk of being scammed.

Pezzle
11-30-2014, 08:06 PM
If a thread advertising trading middleman services does not belong in the trading subforum I would question our need for subforums at all.

Zomnivore
11-30-2014, 08:41 PM
I whole heartedly support bros making trading less risky for the less initiated or the less-risky-takey until CZE implements a system for safe trading.

LNQ
12-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Hi all :)

As of the last few days, I have seen several reports of a player who has been scamming people. People should always only use the mail system to trade with people they know/trust. With that said, people still do it and unfortunately fall victim to these vile creatures...

So, if anyone wants to do a trade, feel free to contact me in game (ign: HAVOC) and I will happily offer to middleman the transaction.

Cheers,

HAVOC

Will you middleman for free?

Falaris
12-01-2014, 04:38 AM

Some people are selling things that are unavailable to be posted on the auction house, generally codes for promo mercs or sleeves

havocattack
12-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Will you middleman for free?

Yep. If I'm online, I'm more than happy to help out when I can :)

ossuary
12-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Wrong. It affects a tiny number of people who are using mail for unintended purposes. Most people would know better.

Wrong. Bad first impressions give the game and the community as a whole a bad name, and therefore it affects the whole community and is an issue we should be taking seriously. Even though I personally think people who use direct mail to trade with strangers are foolish, I recognize that new players may make the mistake of thinking it's safe or supported since the system allows it, therefore I think we should show what a good community we really are by trying to make it safer for everyone ourselves, until the system supports it.

To say it only affects the individual people who get scammed is shortsighted and turning a blind eye to the real impact.

LNQ
12-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Yep. If I'm online, I'm more than happy to help out when I can :)

Ok, very cool! Then this thread is ok to be in this forum imo. :)

WolfCrypt
12-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I really don't feel like editing a bunch of coding but to say mail trading isn't an issue is a bit nuts. Lots of people trade it is a trading card game and while we don't have direct trading like IW does we still kinda need something. I think trying to find a way for even if its just players to moderate the mail system till hex releases real trading is a valid point. I traded but then again I just hate Dwarves and Orcs and could care less whether I was scammed or not I just wanted to get rid of them. But other people will and if they don't know its risky then their a bit ignorant in nicest of uses and they'll get mad at Hex for it.

PhoenixMD
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I will also volunteer for free middlemanship whenever I am online, to make the community safer.
I hate to see scammers increasing in population like bacteria, infecting the trust of the players and leaving them with horrible experiences.

Deckofmanythings
12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
I've middleman'ed a trade that was posted over on reddit. (/r/hextcgtrading is a subreddit King Gabriel (remember that guy?) set up for people to find and secure trading. It's not used much though.)

I can middleman here too as well.