PDA

View Full Version : Mind Control Hat and Jervis Tetch Ruling

MStreva89
12-02-2014, 07:40 AM
In a previous ruling you gave me regarding Kyle Raynor and Indigo Power Ring, the basis was that cards that have the "play or played" wording resolve immediately when the card is played, before it resolves.

How then does a card such as Mind Control Hat resolve if you play it, then Jervis Tetch? Does the effect of Jervis resolve before you use any Line-Up cards or does he resolve after those cards?

Also, all cards in the Line-Up used stay *played* until this "chain" finishes or do they return to the Line-Up immediately after they are each used individually?

I ask that in regards to there being a Plastic Man in the Line-Up and being able to infinitely loop the Mind Control Hat.

If you could explain in as much detail as possible how this pans out, it would be greatly appreciated.

(My local store has tournaments being run and I want to know the exact ruling for cards such as this so as to be able to rule them properly and not have a confusion or argument over the way the cards were ruled.)

Matt_Hyra
12-02-2014, 01:37 PM
MCH, then JT: The MCH effect is not a static effect like Kyle Raynor's + Power. It requires game action to resolve. So Jervis resolves first.

MCH *played*: You play them all before any return to the Line-Up. No looping with Plastic Man.

Post more questions if you need more explanation. And thanks for judging the events!

MStreva89
12-03-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm assuming each card played via Mind Control Hat is one at a time. If a player uses World's Mightiest Mortal to add more cards to the Line-Up, can those cards be used by Mind Control Hat as well? Same question for Sonic Siren and any other card that adds to the Line-Up, etc.

Matt_Hyra
12-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Yes, they are palyed one at a time.
Yes, you can play cards added. I don't want people to have to track the new vs old, so yes, you can play new ones added mid-resolution.