PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - Robots

Shaqattaq
12-02-2014, 12:50 PM
In this video preview, you'll see one way the current Dwarf and Robot strategy gets a big boost from Shattered Destiny.

http://hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-robots/

hex_colin
12-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Set 2 Robots!!! So much fun... :)

And Construction Plans spoilers!

Khendral
12-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I guess the vid also confirms fuzziko (sp?) and probably more new champions

Axle
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I guess the vid also confirms fuzziko (sp?) and probably more new champions
Hope so.
I also like how smooth those turns went. It's probably an in-house test server which helps speed but even considering that, when they hit end turn and priority passed it was fairly quick.

Mejis
12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Fantastic vid, thanks. The cards are great, this gets me even more hyped for next week.

The new UI looks good too, although I did note the # of cards in deck icon is a little misaligned for both players :P

Edswor
12-02-2014, 01:16 PM
We want space, we get space. Great improvement in the interface. Keep the great work.

pinkshirtbadman
12-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm not particularly fond of "this" instead of "this troop" but if that's the way it's going I guess that's the way it's going, but whats even stranger to me is Electroid says "this troop... this troop... this"

nicosharp
12-02-2014, 01:21 PM
yummy.

Galvayra
12-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm not particularly fond of "this" instead of "this troop" but if that's the way it's going I guess that's the way it's going, but whats even stranger to me is Electroid says "this troop... this troop... this"

Its a visual bug, if it says "This" or "This's" instead of "This troop" It will show up as the card name in game

Vengus
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Robot player should have scooped. Baby Yeti is too much.

ossuary
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I still say they should just go with "this card" if they want to be non-specific of the card type going forward (this troop, this constant, etc.). Just "this" by itself is bad.

ossuary
12-02-2014, 01:35 PM

It wasn't the AA version, so it was just overpowered, instead of completely broken.

Turn 1 AA Yeti = table flip.

pinkshirtbadman
12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Its a visual bug, if it says "This" or "This's" instead of "This troop" It will show up as the card name in game

I've seen a couple people mention that, but has it been "officially" confirmed somewhere? I only ask as I haven't seen it if so.

Galvayra
12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I've seen a couple people mention that, but has it been "officially" confirmed somewhere? I only ask as I haven't seen it if so.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39386&page=2

Thrawn
12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Shards and threshold back on the left side, less space taken up by the champion. Yes please.

The_Lannisters
12-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Is the guy on the video Phenteo?

Anyway, loving the thresholds on the new UI. Guys, please, fix flyer troops, which have not really lifted much from the ground since King Gabriel patch, and I'll be a happy customer.

Btw, what did ever happen to Kind Gabriel ( the player :-)

hex_colin
12-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Is the guy on the video Phenteo?

Anyway, loving the thresholds on the new UI. Guys, please, fix flyer troops, which have not really lifted much from the ground since King Gabriel patch, and I'll be a happy customer.

Btw, what did ever happen to Kind Gabriel ( the player :-)

The guy in the video is Shaq (Will).

JakeFreedom
12-02-2014, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't mind getting one of those staff shirts! Great information. HEX is good at building hype for set 2!

Thanks,
Jf

Glae
12-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Has there been a recall on all instances of "this?" I'm pretty sure only Alwyn has been altered, as his previous text did not actually provide the standard Inspire effect. We've heard in multiple article threads that there will be a featured article on "this," and my understanding is that will not change based on the specific update to Alwyn.

On topic: There are some very cool cards spoiled in this set. I don't know if Shaqattack was nervous or just reading from a script, but I think it could be improved if it was a little more natural or conversational sounding. This videos are really cool so I hope we keep seeing them and I hope they keep getting better than the last time, forever.

N3rd4Christ
12-02-2014, 03:24 PM

Yeti being used is Further proof that it's still OP after set 2.

I do love the new interface tweaks

mudkip
12-02-2014, 04:15 PM
The new board/stack looks great.

I was preparing to write a post saying the video was a dumb idea and I would have preferred an article, but I really liked it (that ending, omg). Will's a cool guy.

RCDv57
12-02-2014, 04:35 PM
I bet the guy in the robot boxhead was Reverter.
Its funny because he was wearing a robot mask over his human mask.

Gwaer
12-02-2014, 04:43 PM
It was ben stoll roboting in the background.

Govir
12-02-2014, 05:12 PM
...but whats even stranger to me is Electroid says "this troop... this troop... this"

I'm pretty sure that "originally" the Electroid just says "This can't attack or block unless you control four or more Dwarf and/or Robot troops." But then since it's in play, and there are less than 4 Dwarf and/or Robot troops, it gains "This troop can't attack. This troop can't block."

Showsni
12-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I wonder what Warmaster Fuzzuko does?

Gaggball
12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I wonder what Warmaster Fuzzuko does?

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Warmaster-Fuzzuko.png

fitzle
12-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I really liked the video to, gang! Great job! It was a great way to show off new mechanics and the new UI improvements.

Myself, I liked the rather larger champions but I guess I was in the minority. Either way it looks good.

ossuary
12-03-2014, 06:54 AM
So we've got conflicting reports on the whole Set 2 champions thing. Cory specifically said in an interview a little while ago that there would be NO new champions in Set 2, but prior to that we had seen previews of 3 new ones, including Fuzzuko. Now we are seeing in-game footage with the new champions.

So are we getting new champions with Set 2, or not?? Can a dev please confirm once and for all? :)

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 09:03 AM
So we've got conflicting reports on the whole Set 2 champions thing. Cory specifically said in an interview a little while ago that there would be NO new champions in Set 2, but prior to that we had seen previews of 3 new ones, including Fuzzuko. Now we are seeing in-game footage with the new champions.

So are we getting new champions with Set 2, or not?? Can a dev please confirm once and for all? :)

First of all, I am fairly certain he was talking about gems. Not champions. Second, Fuzzuko is the only champion that has been spoiled - source on these others I seem to have missed? :p

ossuary
12-03-2014, 09:42 AM
First of all, I am fairly certain he was talking about gems. Not champions. Second, Fuzzuko is the only champion that has been spoiled - source on these others I seem to have missed? :p

https://hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-shards-and-sockets/

"Of course, the Eternal Drifter will also have 5 new champions to be pulling from when looking for his power."

We were also shown 2 or 3 of them at some point, still looking for that article / link.

ossuary
12-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm fairly sure that Cory was the one that said no new champions. He definitely said no gems, and no new starter decks. Possibly it wasn't Cory who said no new champions, I am still trying to track that down. It might have been a different dev. Colin absolutely said in one of the threads a couple of months ago that we weren't getting new champions, but I could have sworn a dev said it as well.

ManofPeace
12-03-2014, 10:10 AM
There's no champion discussion in Cory's stickied Q&A (from my quick glance at the summary) so the only other big time he talked at length on anything was the charity stream.

We no longer have the VoD so here's the summary
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37379

Champions
> Will be more champions.
> Again, not sure/decided if with set 2 or block 2.
> Not a huge number - 4 or 6.
> Will eventually rotate some out, like gems.

Where was Fuzzuko spoiled? In an article?

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 10:46 AM
https://hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-shards-and-sockets/

"Of course, the Eternal Drifter will also have 5 new champions to be pulling from when looking for his power."

We were also shown 2 or 3 of them at some point, still looking for that article / link.

Not debating that we were told 5, but I am absolutely certain that only 1 was officially revealed. There was a 'leak' thread about them where someone posted data about new champs, but that was more or less debunked as 'severely out of date' when we finally saw Fuzzuko.

I'm fairly sure that Cory was the one that said no new champions. He definitely said no gems, and no new starter decks. Possibly it wasn't Cory who said no new champions, I am still trying to track that down. It might have been a different dev. Colin absolutely said in one of the threads a couple of months ago that we weren't getting new champions, but I could have sworn a dev said it as well.

Colin is the only one I remember saying anything about new champs. And, I hate to say, I am fairly sure he is wrong.

There's no champion discussion in Cory's stickied Q&A (from my quick glance at the summary) so the only other big time he talked at length on anything was the charity stream.

We no longer have the VoD so here's the summary
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37379

Where was Fuzzuko spoiled? In an article?

Fuzzuko was spoiled in an article, yes.

Gwaer
12-03-2014, 11:07 AM
We have been told officially both of those things at various times. It looks like currently the answer is yes. There are new champs for set two. It remains to be seen if we actually get them. But my money is on yes.

ossuary
12-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Well then I will stop telling people we're not, at least until we get official-official word. ;)

Fuzzuko still seems pretty broken to me, though, considering how easy it is to get charges now. :p

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Well then I will stop telling people we're not, at least until we get official-official word. ;)

Fuzzuko still seems pretty broken to me, though, considering how easy it is to get charges now. :p

It is still only an evolve on a stick... A good stick, sure, but yeah.

Sure beats Palamedes though.

Aradon
12-03-2014, 01:38 PM
It'd be a tremendous boon to shinhare draft, much like Bertram is for dwarves, guaranteeing access to key enables. The biggest struggle for shinhare always seemed to me their reliance on a few key cards they had to get lucky to see. Always having an evolve on hand means they can get away with hands that don't find one.

BenStoll
12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I am OFFICIALLY CONFIRMING(!) to clear this up, that yes there WILL be 5 new champions in set 2. :)

And just wanted to say, good thinking Aradon! That's one of the nice things about Fuzzuko; if you feel you're light on troop creation you can stick with 'ol Monika'shin, but if you're light on the pay-offs for the swarm, than Fuzzuko is your bunn. The increased flexibility is definitely a big deal.

Vengus
12-03-2014, 04:09 PM
I am OFFICIALLY CONFIRMING(!) to clear this up, that yes there WILL be 5 new champions in set 2. :)

And just wanted to say, good thinking Aradon! That's one of the nice things about Fuzzuko; if you feel you're light on troop creation you can stick with 'ol Monika'shin, but if you're light on the pay-offs for the swarm, than Fuzzuko is your bunn. The increased flexibility is definitely a big deal.
One champion for each shard? :p

hex_colin
12-03-2014, 05:01 PM

Colin is the only one I remember saying anything about new champs. And, I hate to say, I am fairly sure he is wrong.

To be fair - I said it and then edited it minutes later when I realized I was wrong. The curse of knowing different plans at different times. The answer has been both "yes" and "no" at various points along Set 2's development. I'm happy we're at "yes" with less than a week to go. :)

Gwaer
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
They're all wild champions. Wild really needs the love =P

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
To be fair - I said it and then edited it minutes later when I realized I was wrong. The curse of knowing different plans at different times. The answer has been both "yes" and "no" at various points along Set 2's development. I'm happy we're at "yes" with less than a week to go. :)

I know Colin, but you were the closest person to being official to mention it in quite a while. And surely people just remember the 'not happening' and not the edit.:p

And even your mention was an age ago, thinking about it. So todays final word on it is nice, no more confusion about it. :)

As for wild? After ape and all the other beastly cards it is getting, I think the champ is a drop in the bucket. :D

BenRGamer
12-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Did anyone else look at how the shards glow now and were reminded of Christmas Tree Lights?

That should totally be on the website for Christmas. Shard Christmas Tree Lights.

AstaSyneri
12-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Ooh, does that mean there are Christmas eggs? AA cards that you get when you log in or play over christmas?

A special sleeve, maybe? Or a PvE card, ghost of christmas past?

:D

ossuary
12-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Well, there's this bad boy, if they manage to get the Arena and our rewards released in time:

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/NightOfBells_Holiday.jpg