PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - Dinosaurs

Shaqattaq
12-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Yesterday, we talked about an existing theme that gets a big boost from Shattered Destiny. Today, we’ll take a look at a new strategy that comes with the second set.

http://www.hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-dinosaurs/

ManofPeace
12-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Is the link working?

MatWith1T
12-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Is the link working?

Not currently.
"Soon" :p

Edit - working now

Axle
12-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Every Dinosaur becomes Angel of Dawn and you keep your draw phase.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

Gregzilla
12-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Not working for ME, yet.

Daer
12-03-2014, 10:32 AM
If it doesn't work for you use http:// instead of https://

Gregzilla
12-03-2014, 10:38 AM
That worked. :) Thank you!

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Every Dinosaur becomes Angel of Dawn and you keep your draw phase.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

Better thought - they get speed. And if I am not mistaken, the effect may stack... What say you to 4 pack raptors in one turn? :p

plaguedealer
12-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Very happy with this, raptors have a place now.

Svenn
12-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Does anyone else think this is too ridiculous? Give all of your troops the Angel of Dawn power PLUS card advantage every time, for only 4 cost? Oh, and speed too.

Gwaer
12-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Set two is definitely hitting a very very different power threshold than set 1 did. Though set one was very good. If they keep that quality up though I don't think there's going to be any stopping Hex. Here's hoping.

ossuary
12-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Better thought - they get speed. And if I am not mistaken, the effect may stack... What say you to 4 pack raptors in one turn? :p

It does not stack. "At the start of your turn" is a one-time trigger. If you play 1 dinosaur, and the next card is also a dinosaur, it doesn't matter, because the "start of turn" triggers already happened. In fact, the spoiler video itself confirms this, because he plays a T-Hex and DRAWS a Mecha T-Hex. If the effect stacked, both would have gone straight into play.

Edswor
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
It does not stack. "At the start of your turn" is a one-time trigger. If you play 1 dinosaur, and the next card is also a dinosaur, it doesn't matter, because the "start of turn" triggers already happened. In fact, the spoiler video itself confirms this, because he plays a T-Hex and DRAWS a Mecha T-Hex. If the effect stacked, both would have gone straight into play.

I think it means if you have several Savage Lord in play at the same time (they are not unique). I think they stack, so you can play lot's of dinosaurs for free with speed in the same turn. Awesome!!

Blowfeld
12-03-2014, 11:40 AM
At this point the would already be extinct ... from...extinction, you know... bad pun is bad.

Or gorestormed. Gralked and yesterdayed into oblivion...

ossuary
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I think it means if you have several Savage Lord in play at the same time (they are not unique). I think they stack, so you can play lot's of dinosaurs for free with speed in the same turn. Awesome!!

Even still, there is only one start-of-turn trigger, so again, it doesn't matter if you have more than one of them in play. They would all try to play the same dinosaur for free, not play several dinosaurs in a row off the top of your deck for free.

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Even still, there is only one start-of-turn trigger, so again, it doesn't matter if you have more than one of them in play. They would all try to play the same dinosaur for free, not play several dinosaurs in a row off the top of your deck for free.

Actually, if they trigger the way Ancestors Chosen does, they can trigger separately (meaning that they could each check the top card individually, and potentially one after the other.) If my theory is correct, it would play the top dino, which would resolve the first trigger, then start the second trigger - allowing you to look at the top card again.

In fact, based on all the start of turn triggers (Fulmination, Shrine) this seems highly likely.

Nero_Jinous
12-03-2014, 12:13 PM
With brave, chlorophyll, and Forge of Cadoc(There are artifact dino's like Pterobot, and Mecha T-Hex. Might even do hex engine + eye of creation) you could t2-t3 this guy. On the play that gives you 2-3 attacking turns before any major threat. Keep in mind if you hold your hand and only use the free troops you are forcing an extinction and still have a full hand.

Not saying this card is perfect, but it is a very nice and rewarding build around card.

N3rd4Christ
12-03-2014, 12:30 PM
The real question is how will this affect raptors price

MattyTheSquid
12-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to pop in to say that, yes, if you control multiple Savage Lords, they will each perform their own dino check as their trigger resolves. So, for example, if I have four Lords, the start of my turn could look something like this:

-First Savage Lord resolves. My top card is a Succulent Cluckodon, so it gets put into play.
-Second Savage Lord resolves. My top card is now a Gigantisaur, so it gets put into play.
-Third Savage Lord resolves. My top card is now a Gigantify, so it stays where it is.
-Fourth Savage Lord resolves. My top card is the same Gigantify, so again it stays in place.
-I draw the Gigantify.

Freebird_Falcon
12-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Actually, if they trigger the way Ancestors Chosen does, they can trigger separately (meaning that they could each check the top card individually, and potentially one after the other.) If my theory is correct, it would play the top dino, which would resolve the first trigger, then start the second trigger - allowing you to look at the top card again.

In fact, based on all the start of turn triggers (Fulmination, Shrine) this seems highly likely.

This is how I see it as well. I'm curious if the set 2 patch will include start of turn trigger sorting. Either way, set 2 hype is reeeeaaalll!! Dinosaurs, Dwarves and Shin'hare oh my!

edit: officially answered as I sat on the post screen!

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to pop in to say that, yes, if you control multiple Savage Lords, they will each perform their own dino check as their trigger resolves. So, for example, if I have four Lords, the start of my turn could look something like this:

-First Savage Lord resolves. My top card is a Succulent Cluckodon, so it gets put into play.
-Second Savage Lord resolves. My top card is now a Gigantisaur, so it gets put into play.
-Third Savage Lord resolves. My top card is now a Gigantify, so it stays where it is.
-Fourth Savage Lord resolves. My top card is the same Gigantify, so again it stays in place.
-I draw the Gigantify.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification Matty. :)

magic_gazz
12-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Does anyone else think this is too ridiculous? Give all of your troops the Angel of Dawn power PLUS card advantage every time, for only 4 cost? Oh, and speed too.

Seems very powerful, but I am assuming most dinos will not be constructed playable and it will just be a casual deck.

ossuary
12-03-2014, 01:09 PM

-I draw the Gigantify.

That is nuts. OK then. I guess rare is the new legendary. :p

DocX
12-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Looking forward to Dino decks in draft :-)

Littlejon24
12-03-2014, 02:16 PM
the video, although corny, was entertaining, but could use..... zazz. not enough zazz from the zazz department. I'm not sure who the guy in the back is, but he should get a small bonus for his comedic value. definitely gave me a smile

Shaqattaq
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
the video, although corny, was entertaining, but could use..... zazz. not enough zazz from the zazz department. I'm not sure who the guy in the back is, but he should get a small bonus for his comedic value. definitely gave me a smile

I agree. I think of these videos as a great foundation, proof of concept that we can do them and that the players like them. I would like to greatly improve them in the future.

BenStoll
12-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Thank you littlejon24, I will pass your bonus recommendation on to my boss :p

-Ben (The guy in the background)

Xenavire
12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank you littlejon24, I will pass your bonus recommendation on to my boss :p

-Ben (The guy in the background)

Ben, I hereby dedicate both my Robot and Dino decks to you and your fantastic grasp of comedy. :)

Vorsa
12-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Nice video, nice card.

Really looking forward to using this guy in PvE with the Pack Raptor gear:

> Raptor Boots - every raptor you play shuffles 6 copies into your deck.
> The Calling Blade - when a raptor enters play, draw a card.

So much Savage Lord synergy! :D

RCDv57
12-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Nice video, nice card.

Really looking forward to using this guy in PvE with the Pack Raptor gear:

> Raptor Boots - every raptor you play shuffles 6 copies into your deck.
> The Calling Blade - when a raptor enters play, draw a card.

So much Savage Lord synergy! :D

And Savage Lord will have equipment too.

Gregzilla
12-03-2014, 04:41 PM
EVERYTHING will have equipment. I can't freaking wait for equipment. :)

Also, it'd be HILARIOUS if tomorrow's article was "Shattered Destiny - Robot Dinosaurs". Although... Robo T-Hex and all...

Aradon
12-03-2014, 05:06 PM
I predict one of his pieces to be "When a dinosaur enters the warzone, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn."

ossuary
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I agree. I think of these videos as a great foundation, proof of concept that we can do them and that the players like them. I would like to greatly improve them in the future.

I volunteer my services (free of charge, after airfare, room, and board, ofc) as a professionally trained stage actor, impressionist, and voice coach.

Y'all are funny, but only Cory looks like he feels natural and comfortable making an intentional fool of himself on camera. Your vocal delivery was great, but the look in your eyes was more like "please help me" than "I want to help you." ;)

Mejis
12-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Love the vids Shaq, you have done an awesome job. Props to Ben too ;)

I'd definitely be up for more vids like this when you want to e.g. showcase new features in upcoming and/or faraway patches. Not sure how much work it is at your end to do, but it's really nice to see the new cards in action. Would love to see a whole game played out, rather than just a two minute snippet.

Gregzilla
12-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I volunteer my services (free of charge, after airfare, room, and board, ofc) as a professionally trained stage actor, impressionist, and voice coach.

Y'all are funny, but only Cory looks like he feels natural and comfortable making an intentional fool of himself on camera. Your vocal delivery was great, but the look in your eyes was more like "please help me" than "I want to help you." ;)

I'll throw in my services, too. I've had a bit of acting training as well. :)

Zomnivore
12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I really like the pack raptor card, and now...Dinosaurs B)

Savage Lord is just going to be an insane way for dinosaurs to parody the juiciness of tunneling, with some more upsides and downsides...and I like that.

Yep, definitely cool to see how dinosaurs are building up.

DanTheMeek
12-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Great video, if I had any complaint its only that Ben keeps stealing the show, the card are supposed to be the star!

In a related note, the bar has now been set, I expect to see Ben doing something comedic at the end of all Hex videos going forward. I can only assume the final reveal will be of a bear deck, there will be references made to the wrestling of said bear, everyone will get super hype for the ending... and then Ben will just be in the background with this expression like "what, were you expecting something to happen?"

BenStoll
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM
:D Thanks for the various forms of enthusiasm and feedback everybody :)