PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - Invincible

Shaqattaq
12-04-2014, 06:11 PM
You've met some key troops from Shattered Destiny, but how can you support them? They're always blocking for you, taking orders, always doing what they're told. Let's take a look at ways that you can protect your army with some new Diamond shard cards.

http://www.hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-invincible/

Xenavire
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Ben, he is a rare and magical beast. :D

BenStoll
12-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I really wish we had something similar to FB style "liking" in here so I could thumbs up all Xenavire's posts :D

Gregzilla
12-04-2014, 06:20 PM
We need to get a Uniben card eventually, now. Not sure the cost or stats, but playing it would cause a random amount of turn lossage due to everyone laughing so damn hard.

Xenavire
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
I really wish we had something similar to FB style "liking" in here so I could thumbs up all Xenavire's posts :D

This is better than a million likes, really! A 'like' is so impersonal, this makes me feel as special as a Uniben!

DanTheMeek
12-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Came for the cards, stayed for the Uniben.

Absolutely loving these videos.

Barkam
12-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Given that I was one of the hard critics of the UI after the King Gabriel patch, I want to say that you guys did a very good job with the UI. I am excited to see it this coming Tuesday. I think that UI will be easily ported to tablet. I think that's a huge milestone you hit and can close that action item. :)

Great job!

CZE_Ty
12-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks Barkam. We're really glad you like where the UI is headed. :)

Glae
12-04-2014, 08:01 PM
What was the third Diamond troop? It looked like a common 2/2 for 2, but I don't think the art was a card that had been spoiled from Gencon... Any chance we could get a look?

Also: it looks like Shaqattaq is getting way better with the videos voiceovers already. I'm sure it's tricky to do the audio "live" as you'd have to play several times to get the topdecking to work out appropriately.

ossuary
12-04-2014, 08:20 PM

I would love to see a slashdot style up/down rating system for funny, relevant, helpful, etc. in the fabled and hopefully still upcoming forum upgrades, oh noble and rare creature. :)

ossuary
12-04-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm sure it's tricky to do the audio "live" as you'd have to play several times to get the topdecking to work out appropriately.

The devs surely have the ability to set up game states for testing purposes. It would be ludicrous not to. I agree that he's definitely getting more comfortable recording the audio, though. Everyone just has to find their groove. :)

Counter
12-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. I'm actually totally fine with just gameplay video and audio. But if you have fun around the office doing it this way, sure, why not!

Hex will get a big shot in the arm next week for sure.

Mejis
12-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks Barkam. We're really glad you like where the UI is headed. :)

Hey Ty, so is the modified UI coming with the Set 2 patch next week too? I thought we were just getting the new set, but if the changes are included too then that's amazing. You've all done a fantastic job. The board is looking really clean and lovely. I like the new shard glow effect a lot. I was never opposed to the switch in position with King Gabriel, but I know a lot of people will be v. happy to have them back on the left.

hex_colin
12-04-2014, 09:26 PM
The devs surely have the ability to set up game states for testing purposes. It would be ludicrous not to. I agree that he's definitely getting more comfortable recording the audio, though. Everyone just has to find their groove. :)

Yeah, there are cheats for everything in QA. They can basically set up the hand and board state with a few commands - add/remove threshold and resources, add/remove cards in hand or in play, put a certain card on top of a deck, etc. :)

Gwaer
12-04-2014, 10:06 PM
My only critique of the UI is doesn't it make more sense for the spells to resolve left to right, like reading? So when you play something in response it would go in front of the spell already in the stack rather than seemingly behind it? I've not seen a lot of examples of it in use so maybe it makes more sense as is in a full game context, rather than the snippets we are seeing. I suppose there could also be a square in the middle of the stack of the item currently resolving, so when you play something in response you actually see the card get pushed out of that square, and the new effect takes its spot?

I dunno.

Barkam
12-04-2014, 10:28 PM
My only critique of the UI is doesn't it make more sense for the spells to resolve left to right, like reading? So when you play something in response it would go in front of the spell already in the stack rather than seemingly behind it? I've not seen a lot of examples of it in use so maybe it makes more sense as is in a full game context, rather than the snippets we are seeing. I suppose there could also be a square in the middle of the stack of the item currently resolving, so when you play something in response you actually see the card get pushed out of that square, and the new effect takes its spot?

I dunno.

Maybe it is my MtG background but I think the card order in the stack is fine and intuitive. First In Last Out. The current implementation shows me which cards came in first in order (left most) and therefore the the cards to the very right will resolve first. Hex Ent can include a reminder on the band showing the resolution order to help out newer players. Something like an arrow that points to the left with text that says "Resolution Order".

Can really go either way. Once implemented one way, they should never change it so we don't get the same confusion when Microsoft decided to change the ribbon for Word.

Gwaer
12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
*shrug* I'm very used to FILO as well. I just thought it might be visually represented in a more intuitive way to newer players. Even used to FILO it just seemed like like what was happening there could get lost in the hubbub. Could totally just be me.

Malicus
12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Not just you Gwaer it wasnt a big deal but i was expecting left to right resolution when i furst saw it though now i have seen it it will seem natural enough resolving right to left

Slish
12-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Also: it looks like Shaqattaq is getting way better with the videos voiceovers already. I'm sure it's tricky to do the audio "live" as you'd have to play several times to get the topdecking to work out appropriately.

I agree, although the videos are exactly the same, it sounds more natural and less artificial now lol, dunno why? Good job anyways :)

Edswor
12-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Great work. I hope the keep coming only to see Ben "do his thing" ;) .

LNQ
12-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Intuitivelu I would agree that left to right resolution makes sense, but I would be surprised if CZE didn't test both options and had a reason for this choice.

CZE_Ty
12-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Hey Ty, so is the modified UI coming with the Set 2 patch next week too? I thought we were just getting the new set, but if the changes are included too then that's amazing. You've all done a fantastic job. The board is looking really clean and lovely. I like the new shard glow effect a lot. I was never opposed to the switch in position with King Gabriel, but I know a lot of people will be v. happy to have them back on the left.

My hope is to get these UI changes in when Shattered Destiny hits. *Crosses fingers

Mejis
12-05-2014, 03:07 AM
My hope is to get these UI changes in when Shattered Destiny hits. *Crosses fingers

Crossing my fingers (and everything else!) for you too Ty! Good luck!

RCDv57
12-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Question?
Did Ben just happen to have that mask lying around in his office?

Showsni
12-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Would have been kind of funny if the opponent had dropped Solitary Exile instead of Extinction.