PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis First Appearance Attacks Ruling

MStreva89
12-05-2014, 07:10 AM
For the DC Deck Building Game Super-Villains, all of the ones that refer to the hand in any way shape or form force a player to reveal their hand. In another post I noticed you stated this was as a source of "truth serum" for players to be honest and that in future Nemesis cards that it was more implied to be honest.

As far as competitive play goes, would it then be part of a Nemesis' First Appearance - Attack to have a player reveal their hand if anything in the hand comes into question as a part of the original "truth serum" effect worded in the original game version? (ex. Black Manta Super-Villain Impossible Mode's First Appearance - Attack)

Matt_Hyra
12-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Only the original set mentioned anything about revealing your hand when faced with an Attack like that. However, we wanted to save space on cards, so we removed the reveal text. We felt that players are not going to cheat their friends. Some people reveal their hand even in casual play. In a tournament, however, it would be good form to reveal your hand... but not mandatory. Cheaters should be kicked out of the tournament.

One other reason we took off the reveal is we didn't want players to waste time examining every card in their opponents' hands.

MStreva89
12-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I see. When my friends and I play competitively, we always examine each other's hands whenever given the opportunity, but also avoid revealing at any cost, just to keep information out of the opponent's reach.

Thank you for the response Matt.