PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - Tunneling Video

Shaqattaq
12-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Hidden underground, new tunneling troops lie in wait until the perfect time to break through the board and strike. See how the latest feature from Shattered Destiny works in today's video.

http://www.hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-tunneling-2/

Cernz
12-06-2014, 11:38 AM
cant wait :)

eimerian
12-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Will the opponent see tunneled troops wiggle, if their ability activates?

RCDv57
12-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Bens best performance yet.
Really digging it.

Scammanator
12-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Bens best performance yet.
Really digging it.

"Behlod the Underminer!
I am always beneath you, but nothing is beneath me!"

Edswor
12-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Also new shard card visual.

Roy_G
12-06-2014, 12:37 PM
I love the videos and Ben in the end is very funny.

Zomnivore
12-06-2014, 03:13 PM
B) solid performance by Ben, and of course an excellent display of tunneling.

DanTheMeek
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
The more I see of the set the more hype I get. I told myself this game's PvP was too expensive for me to keep playing, but the more I see of set 2, the more I suspect I'm going to try to scrounge up some money from some where when this set launches to at least get some of it.

Also, I don't know if all these were done at the same time (very possible, maybe even likely), or if they were done one at a time and the popularity of Ben's "moment" at the end of the first video led to the decision to have him come back for every video, but regardless of how it was decided, whoever made the decision needs a raise, I absolutely love it and find myself in honest anticipation of what Ben will be doing next at the end of these videos. Ben hasn't disappointed yet, great stuff, can't wait for set 2!

NoahBuddy
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
lets not forget shaqattack's efforts as well. good job guys. so excite!

DanTheMeek
12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
True NoahBuddy, Its easy to get swept up in Ben's antics but ShaqAttack has done a solid job as well.

strawwmann
12-06-2014, 06:40 PM
How does countering tunneling troops work?
It looks like the card goes on the chain twice - 1st when it is tunnelled (and opponent doesn't know what it is) & 2nd when it surfaces (and opponent finds out what it is).
So, presumably tunnelled troops can be countered/interrupted on EITHER of these occasions (the latter generally being preferable, unless you want to take a punt of preventing dangerous underground abilities)?

Also, as queried earlier, pressumably you get to see the 'mystery' underground card shake when your OPPONENT's tunelled troop's triggered abilities are activated (so you know _something_ has happened, even if you're not entirely sure what)?
(In the video you clearly see your OWN tunnelled troop shake to indicate it's abilities were triggered).

Voormas
12-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Good job from everyone - who is the new champion that the Shin'hare player was using? :D

Also I like the new look for the Shards both in-hand and in-play! Will Shards of Fate / the new dual-shard resources get the same kind of full-card art?

DivineY
12-06-2014, 08:24 PM
How does countering tunneling troops work?
It looks like the card goes on the chain twice - 1st when it is tunnelled (and opponent doesn't know what it is) & 2nd when it surfaces (and opponent finds out what it is).
So, presumably tunnelled troops can be countered/interrupted on EITHER of these occasions (the latter generally being preferable, unless you want to take a punt of preventing dangerous underground abilities)?

Also, as queried earlier, pressumably you get to see the 'mystery' underground card shake when your OPPONENT's tunelled troop's triggered abilities are activated (so you know _something_ has happened, even if you're not entirely sure what)?
(In the video you clearly see your OWN tunnelled troop shake to indicate it's abilities were triggered).

Well that troop just goes from 2/2 to 4/4 growth in size underground so u see earth erupting a little. hence the groung shaking lol

Xenavire
12-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Strawwmann: You can counter them when they surface.

Can't comment on seeing activations/triggers.

strawwmann
12-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Strawwmann: You can counter them when they surface.

Can't comment on seeing activations/triggers.

Ta

ossuary
12-07-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm assuming that the card just stays motionless for the opponent... it wouldn't make much sense for them to get information like that. We won't know for sure until next week, of course, but it makes sense to me that the opponent just wouldn't get any info at all on what the card is doing.

TheScree
12-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Have we gotten an answer as to whether or not a surfaced troop can be re-tunneled? The way the tunneling is printed on the card makes me believe it can be re tunneled for the same tunneling cost as a basic action (albeit I'd assume the tunneling counters don't get reset).

Any clarity?

Xenavire
12-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I am fairly sure we had multiple confirmations that it was only from the hand.

ossuary
12-07-2014, 09:39 AM
According to the devs, tunneling as a keyword only functions from the hand, unless a card specifically says there is another way to send it or another card underground. The base tunneling mechanic itself can only be activated when the card is in your hand.

Yoss
12-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Will is definitely getting better with the narration. :)

strawwmann
12-08-2014, 05:29 AM
I am fairly sure we had multiple confirmations that it was only from the hand.

Thanks for the clarification.
The way it is printed on the cards as a "BASIC" action, I assumed you could re-tunnel them once in play.

I wonder why they used the existing keyword "BASIC" instead of creating a new one?
Presumably there could be similar abilities in the future that allow a card to be cast for different-than-normal resource cost to modify how cards enter the battleground.

CZE_Ty
12-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Good job from everyone - who is the new champion that the Shin'hare player was using? :D

Also I like the new look for the Shards both in-hand and in-play! Will Shards of Fate / the new dual-shard resources get the same kind of full-card art?

You'll see this treatment for all resource cards. The team felt like it was a great opportunity to show off the artwork since there is less information to display compared with non-resource cards. Resource cards with lots of game text will hide more of the artwork though, so keep that in mind. :)

funktion
12-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Love the outro bits with Ben in the background, definitely a nice touch!

Shaqattaq
12-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Troops cannot use the "2 -> tunnel" ability while in play. It is only while in-hand.

If your tunneled troop has an ability that activates while underground and the card shakes, the card will only shake on the controller's monitor.

ossuary
12-08-2014, 03:38 PM
If your tunneled troop has an ability that activates while underground and the card shakes, the card will only shake on the controller's monitor.

Thanks for the confirmation, Will. :)

strawwmann
12-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Troops cannot use the "2 -> tunnel" ability while in play. It is only while in-hand.

Thanks for the answer / clarification.