PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Cup, December 20th-21st (Free entry, Prizes!)

Zubrin
12-06-2014, 10:30 PM
As we mentioned previously, the Blood Cup is on December 20th-21st (http://fiveshards.com/prizes-for-the-blood-cup-and-feature-match-policy/). You can sign up for free here (http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/liFKass1Su).

We have finally nailed down the prizes (though will increase it with further donations):

1st: 36 Set 2 Packs, 12 Set 1 Packs
2nd: 24 Set 2 Packs, 8 Set 1 Packs
3rd-4th: 12 Set 2 Packs, 4 Set 1 Pack
5th-8th: 6 Set 2 Packs, 2 Set 1 Pack
9th: 5 Set 2 Packs, 1 Set 1 Pack
10th-16th: 3 Set 2 Packs, 1 set 1 Pack
17th-32nd: 1 Set 2 Pack, 1 Set 1 Pack

Door Prizes:

1x Primal Pack (Set 1)
1x Primal Pack (Set 1)
1x Primal Pack (Set 1)
1x Primal Pack (Set 1)
1x Vampire King

Zubrin
12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Bumping; we are at 86 entries!

Rendakor
12-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Is this for all-Blood decks only, or is the name just thematic?

Selanius
12-13-2014, 09:18 AM
The name is just thematic, since their site is "5 shards" they are doing a cup of each of the shards. This one is the Blood Cup.

Jotora
12-13-2014, 01:34 PM
As someone who's never participated in a tournament outside of weekly drafts run through the client, I'm interested but unsure of how this works. If someone could clarify things for me, that would be most appreciated. I've read the rules and understand them, but what I don't understand fully is what I'm supposed to be doing the day of the tournament.

First of all, is this done in the Proving Grounds? Do I simply see who I'm paired with every round and find them and challenge them to play our match?

Rendakor
12-13-2014, 02:10 PM
The name is just thematic, since their site is "5 shards" they are doing a cup of each of the shards. This one is the Blood Cup.
Thanks for the clarification.

Zubrin
12-15-2014, 04:19 PM
As someone who's never participated in a tournament outside of weekly drafts run through the client, I'm interested but unsure of how this works. If someone could clarify things for me, that would be most appreciated. I've read the rules and understand them, but what I don't understand fully is what I'm supposed to be doing the day of the tournament.

First of all, is this done in the Proving Grounds? Do I simply see who I'm paired with every round and find them and challenge them to play our match?

Sorry, Jotora, I missed this much earlier.

The matches are done in the proving grounds. Each match is best of 3 with sideboarding. We run the brackets through Challonge with appropriate updating on the mainsite: www.twitch.tv/fiveshards.

tecnophi
12-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Currently there are now 148 players signed up.

Since it hasn't be posted before here, here are the rules for the tournament from: http://fiveshards.com/announcing-the-fiveshards-shard-cup-series-the-blood-cup-cometh-december-13th-14th/#more-574

Relevant Rules
1. We will stream the tournament from www.twitch.tv/fiveshards. We will cast all pairings, coverage, and rulings on this channel. Players should have it open/accessible to hear updated news. If you are casting the game, we highly recommend you use a card blocker to enable us to do feature match coverage.
2. We allow reserves.
3. Given that we allow a 15-card reserve, we require decklists of all participants. Decklists must include the Champion, the 60+ card deck, the 15-card reserve, and any gems used in the initial deck configuration. All participants must email their decklist to us by 8:00am PST on the morning of the tournament. We will post the full set of decklists after the final round completes and also highlight the top 8 decklists.
4. Confirmation begins at 8:00am PST (You must pre-register) and the tournament starts at 9:00am PST. We will drop those who do not confirm their registration in the 1 hour window.
5. You may change gems during reserves/sideboarding, but not in-between matches.
6. End of time procedure: Since we cannot run best of three matches through the client presently, it is possible that, after 60 minutes, some matches will not be completed. When time is over, the current turn will finish and the players will play five more turns. If neither player has won two games at this point and neither player has more wins, then the match is a draw. If, after 5 turns, the match is 1-0, then the player with one win wins the match.
7. Banned card policy: We will announce a preliminary ban list Monday and we will have a final list of bans confirmed on Friday to allow for any fixing (or breaking) of cards in the latest patch. We understand that this can make some deck decisions uncertain, but we want a tournament with the largest pool of cards possible.
8. Any player caught cheating or attempting to cheat will be dealt with at the discretion of tournament organizers, including but not limited to disqualification, banning from future events, and withholding prizes.
9. Feature Match Policy: If you are playing in the Blood Cup and are streaming, we take that as consent that you are willing to allow us to use your stream as a feature match on the main channel (twitch.tv/fiveshards). If, however, you would not like us to do this, please let us know as soon as possible and we will not host your stream.

Osthall
12-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Perhaps a silly question, but how many rounds of Swiss are planned prior to the cut?

Also, assume a cut to top 16?

I only ask because I'm on GMT+2 so it will begin at 19:00 my time; don't want an unexpected 12-hr affair if it's 8 rounds followed by a cut top top 32 :p

meetthefuture
12-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Perhaps a silly question, but how many rounds of Swiss are planned prior to the cut?

Also, assume a cut to top 16?

I only ask because I'm on GMT+2 so it will begin at 19:00 my time; don't want an unexpected 12-hr affair if it's 8 rounds followed by a cut top top 32 :p

The cut will go to another day and will be started roughly at the same time as the main tournament

Top-8 cut was planned, but at this point I'm not so sure already :)

Osthall
12-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Thanks future :) just need clarification on the length of the swiss now - I guess 7 rounds is normal so I'm going on that assumption.

meetthefuture
12-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks future :) just need clarification on the length of the swiss now - I guess 7 rounds is normal so I'm going on that assumption.

If we are aiming for top8 cut, exceeding 128 people limit will force the 8th round to be added - so expect it to be an hour longer than rest of community tournaments

Zubrin
12-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Updated ban list and policies: http://fiveshards.com/updated-rules-regulations-and-ban-list/

Vengus
12-19-2014, 02:05 PM
11. If your deck is built around exploiting a bugged card that is clearly bugged in your own testing, you will forfeit the match you are currently in and we will drop you from the tournament. Since this is early in the set, there is a possibility that people will discover bugs not yet reported. All such bugs should be reported to the tournament administrators for banning consideration (as well as CZE). We strive to ensure the integrity of the tournament.
Beware of the Grave Nibbler Gront deck. xD