PDA

View Full Version : @DataDragon: Impact of ninja beta on player base

Saeijou
12-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Hey,

I think that question is foremost for DataDragon.
Is it allowed to ask, how many new players we got, since the ninja beta starts?

I don't know... I don't have the feeling, that the queues fill up faster and there are more people in the 128 tourneys... But I could miss a lot, since I'm online in a small part of the day.

Barkam
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
The perceived lull could be due to imminent release of set 2.

magic_gazz
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Probably too hard to tell as a lot of players were stopping playing set 1 as new players were coming in.

Would be interesting to see if there was any data though.

plaguedealer
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
It would be extremely hard to tell the difference between a new player and someone that is making a second account and playing on that account. I draft alot and I saw a small uptick for a few weeks, but things died down pretty quick. I think the majority of people thinking about starting the game for the first time is interested in pve more than pvp.

Saeijou
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Oh, another question for the impact of set2 will come next week ^^

funktion
12-09-2014, 12:06 PM
It would be extremely hard to tell the difference between a new player and someone that is making a second account and playing on that account. I draft alot and I saw a small uptick for a few weeks, but things died down pretty quick. I think the majority of people thinking about starting the game for the first time is interested in pve more than pvp.

While not totally accurate, average concurrent users would skirt around the second accounts issue.

plaguedealer
12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
I thought total number of concurrent users meant the total number of people who visited a site at a particular period of time (average would be the average number). If that is correct the calculation would not be totally accurate when someone logs on with a second account.