PDA

View Full Version : Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, part II

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matt_Hyra
12-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Post all of your questions on Cryptozoic Deck-building Games (Cerberus, etc) here!

For the older thread, go here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376

SushiSquid
12-09-2014, 06:07 PM
1) If I destroy a Venom Injector when it's not my turn (for example, if I defend with Bulletproof and destroy it from my discard pile), what happens to the 2 Power earned?

I'd say you can just spend it when your turn does come up, but would you just say it's lost?

2) It's a bit more obvious with Steve Trevor and Emperor Penguin, who should get their full effects, but what about Word of Power too? Would you pay 4 less cost to beat Super Heroes when your turn does come?

3) On that note, does Word of Power work on Super Villains and does Green Arrow's Bow work on Super Heroes? I would think they would for game mechanics reasons.

4) I wouldn't think oversized Green Arrow's power would work on Super Heroes, but I guess weigh in on that too, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
#1: It is lost and does nothing for you.
#2: It is lost and does nothing for you. Steve Trevor and Emperor Penguin pay off.
#3: Yes
#4: People get possessed, mind controlled, blackmailed, etc. Super Heroes and Super-Villains on the stack are mechanically the same.

MStreva89
12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
So the Green Arrow character card that refers to Super-Villains, counts for Super-Heroes as well when playing Forever Evil?

Matt_Hyra
12-10-2014, 12:12 PM
So the Green Arrow character card that refers to Super-Villains, counts for Super-Heroes as well when playing Forever Evil?

Correct.

SushiSquid
12-10-2014, 01:13 PM
So Wonder Woman and Lex Luther only work on purchases of villains/super villains and heroes/super heroes respectively, correct? What you're saying is that things that specifically mention "super" will work on both though.

Matt_Hyra
12-10-2014, 02:44 PM
So Wonder Woman and Lex Luther only work on purchases of villains/super villains and heroes/super heroes respectively, correct? What you're saying is that things that specifically mention "super" will work on both though.

They do not work when facing off against stack bosses of their same card type.

TPlush
12-11-2014, 12:42 AM
If the Black Adam player gets the Superman card and plays the superpowers from the destroyed pile, and it is the first one they have played that turn can they activate Black Adam's ability on the first superpower played?

Matt_Hyra
12-11-2014, 01:33 AM
If the Black Adam player gets the Superman card and plays the superpowers from the destroyed pile, and it is the first one they have played that turn can they activate Black Adam's ability on the first superpower played?

[Edit] NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benjoewoo
12-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Assume you're playing Black Adam and, on a previous turn, you've played firestorm matrix and destroyed it to have the ongoing effect of a card costing 5 or less.

On the current turn, you resolve the ongoing effect. Is that the first card you've played for purposes of Black Adam? If yes, then does destroying the ongoing effect mean losing it for the next turn?

Similar question for locations--does resolving their effect first in your turn count as playing a card fir black adam?

Matt_Hyra
12-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Assume you're playing Black Adam and, on a previous turn, you've played firestorm matrix and destroyed it to have the ongoing effect of a card costing 5 or less.

On the current turn, you resolve the ongoing effect. Is that the first card you've played for purposes of Black Adam? If yes, then does destroying the ongoing effect mean losing it for the next turn?

Similar question for locations--does resolving their effect first in your turn count as playing a card fir black adam?

Firestorm Matrix actually plays the card in question, so that can be destroyed by Black Adam for effect. You then lose the Ongoing nature of the card. You can choose when to play the card during your turn.

Resolving a Location is not playing a card.

MStreva89
12-11-2014, 12:31 PM
I've got a question in regards to that, if I played Firestorm Matrix as my first card and it plays a Kick, could I use Black Adam to destroy the Kick, then Firestorm Matrix to return the Kick as an Ongoing?

Matt_Hyra
12-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I've got a question in regards to that, if I played Firestorm Matrix as my first card and it plays a Kick, could I use Black Adam to destroy the Kick, then Firestorm Matrix to return the Kick as an Ongoing?

First up, you must fully resolve FM before you can utilize Black Adam. You can't do something else in between playing the top card of your deck and deciding whether or not to make it Ongoing.
Even if you could do it in the order you suggest, it still would not come back in to play. Having/gaining Ongoing doesn't fish it out of the destroyed pile.

You could destroy the Kick, but it won't come back.

Do0shebag55
12-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Do I have to choose whether or not to use Bane's ability when I play my first card... OR can I play 3 cards, then decide to still go back and destroy my first card played for the extra +2 Power?

Matt_Hyra
12-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Do I have to choose whether or not to use Bane's ability when I play my first card... OR can I play 3 cards, then decide to still go back and destroy my first card played for the extra +2 Power?

You must decide immediately.

mwilbur
12-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Searched for this one and haven't found anything.

If I am playing the oversized swamp thing from Crysis and I buy Killer Frost (from Crysis, +1 power Attack: each foe puts a location he or she controls into their discard pile, if none do draw a card)and later play her, do I automatically get to draw a card? Because, swamp thing's text says that I control all locations in play during my turn, so that my foes technically don't briefly during my turn. (Turning killer frost into +1 power, draw a card for swamp thing).

Matt_Hyra
12-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Searched for this one and haven't found anything.

If I am playing the oversized swamp thing from Crysis and I buy Killer Frost (from Crysis, +1 power Attack: each foe puts a location he or she controls into their discard pile, if none do draw a card)and later play her, do I automatically get to draw a card? Because, swamp thing's text says that I control all locations in play during my turn, so that my foes technically don't briefly during my turn. (Turning killer frost into +1 power, draw a card for swamp thing).

They still control them. You aren't stealing them for a turn. You just get to utilize their text.

SushiSquid
12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
In a recent game where my mother-in-law was Green Arrow, she discarded a Punch on a turn where she then played Cheetah. I told her she could use Cheetah to gain a Villain up to cost 6, because it's actual cost was reduced by 2 for her.

Was that correct? Does Green Arrow's effect reduce the actual cost even for purposes of Cheetah and Captain Atom? I would think it should.

Similarly, what if you're playing with Super Hidden Super Villains/Heroes, and there's a Super in the Line-Up? Let's say you played enough Word of Power/Green Arrow's Bow cards to reduce the cost of it to just 4. Could you grab that with Captain Atom or Cheetah, for example?

aoineko
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Word of Power/Green Arrow/Green Arrow's Bow reduces the amount you have to spend to defeat a (Super-)Villain, not it's actual cost.

IAmTheGreat
12-13-2014, 02:14 PM
For bizarro if you destroy multiple cards at the same time do you gain one weakness or a weakness for each card destroyed?

For defenses does the person who defends have to completely defend and fulfill the defense effect before the next clockwise player decides if they will defense?

Matt_Hyra
12-13-2014, 04:42 PM
For bizarro if you destroy multiple cards at the same time do you gain one weakness or a weakness for each card destroyed?

For defenses does the person who defends have to completely defend and fulfill the defense effect before the next clockwise player decides if they will defense?

Bizarro: One Weakness for each card destroyed.

Defense: Yes

SushiSquid
12-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Last night, I used Constantine the super hero card to look at the top three cards of of my deck. I drew Superman, left Martian Manhunter on top, and destroyed the weakness. Constantine says to gain VPs equal to the VP value of the destroyed card. Now I didn't have any VPs, so it didn't matter then, but if I did, would I have really lost one, because a Weakness's VP value is -1?

Also, my wife defended against a superhero first appearance attack using Man-Bat, and we agreed that it probably shouldn't award her 1 VP from the coin pile, but we figured "house rules, go ahead" and gave her 1 VP, reasoning that she was stealing from the player who attacked her, even if it wasn't really a player. Were we correct that we shouldn't have done that, or were we correct in doing it anyway? Either way we'll keep doing that if the opportunity arises in the future because it improves the Man-Bat card. I'm just wondering if it was intended.

Edit: 2 more. :)

You can Broadsword yourself, right? My wife's parents and sister were visiting and her her mother wanted to Broadsword the Emperor Penguin in her own discard pile. I said that was fine to attack herself. Was it?

It doesn't specify that it stays in your hand like Blue Beetle does, but Power Armor also doesn't say to discard it. So it does stay in hand and render you immune to attacks for that turn like Blue Beetle, right?

Matt_Hyra
12-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Constantine: Minimum 0

Man-Bat: Gains you no VPs when used against a First Appearance Attack. Fine for a house rule, tho.

Broadsword: No, it says "Choose a foe."

Power Armor: It stays in your hand. You are basically immune to attacks while it's in your hand.

sethzack
12-15-2014, 03:55 AM
I don't know if this has already been asked or not but I couldn't find anything.
So my friends and I were playing Heroes Unite and once we started adding up the VP at the end we came to a bit of a problem.
Saint Walker gives 1 VP for each different hero in your deck and Sciencell gives +1 VP for each different villain in your deck.
Now my friends believe that it means for each hero/villain with different names while I had said if it was going to specify for each different named hero/villain then it would say so as so many other cards say.
So which is it?

Bomb
12-15-2014, 09:03 AM
What else do you think "different" would mean if it didn't mean different by title? (I want to know where you're coming from) If "different" was left off the effect, then it would work as you suggest.

If you think "different" means different from Saint Walker or Sciencell, then Sciencell doesn't need "different" in it's effect because it's not a Villain anyway.

Either way, it means different by title because there is nothing else to really consider as being "different" if you just counted all the Villains or Superheroes.

sivartalappes
12-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah, just like in the base set, Superman's game ability is +1 power for each DIFFERENT super power... playing 2 kicks would only get 1 power.

TPlush
12-18-2014, 11:46 PM
This isn't a card thing, but figured it should be in a sticky. What happens if you run out of VP chits in Forever Evil and someone gains one? Came very close to that happening in a game tonight, with both Sinestro and Black Adam being played.

Matt_Hyra
12-19-2014, 01:29 AM
This isn't a card thing, but figured it should be in a sticky. What happens if you run out of VP chits in Forever Evil and someone gains one? Came very close to that happening in a game tonight, with both Sinestro and Black Adam being played.

Grab a quarter or a piece of paper. :) There is no running out.

gerrymul
12-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Forgive me - I don't remember the name of the card, but a question was raised regarding Forever Evil when this card indicates a player gains victory points equal to that of a card they destroy (I think). The question is, how does this resolve if that card were the Phantom Stranger or another card that has victory points contingent on end of game counts?

SushiSquid
12-19-2014, 10:51 AM
I would think if you used Constantine to destroy Deathstorm or Phantom Stranger, you'd get the full 10 VPs.

Cards with an asterisk VP value I have no idea.

JesXe
12-19-2014, 01:31 PM
If I use the attack from Broadsword to destroy Venom Injector/ Steve Trevor/ Emperor Penguin/ Word of Power, do I get the benefits of the card?

sivartalappes
12-19-2014, 04:36 PM
If I use the attack from Broadsword to destroy Venom Injector/ Steve Trevor/ Emperor Penguin/ Word of Power, do I get the benefits of the card?

Yes. This question was answered a few times so far on these forums. ANY zone they're destroyed from (your hand, your discard pile, the center row, opponents hands/discard piles, etc) will get you their effect.

Matt_Hyra
12-20-2014, 02:55 AM
Forgive me - I don't remember the name of the card, but a question was raised regarding Forever Evil when this card indicates a player gains victory points equal to that of a card they destroy (I think). The question is, how does this resolve if that card were the Phantom Stranger or another card that has victory points contingent on end of game counts?

Cards that are simply an asterisk have no VP prior to end of game counting. Deathstorm and Phantom Stranger has 10 listed. They have 10 until end of game, where it can then change. So Constantine can score 10 points off them, for example.

LexLuthorJr
12-21-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry if this already asked...

Do the locations in Forever Evil back-check? Say I play Dr. Light and draw into Happy Harbor and play it. Am I at +1 Power because I played a Hero (Dr. Light), or is it zero because I needed to play Happy Harbor first?

Matt_Hyra
12-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Zero. Locations do not back check.

Mac_Apple
12-22-2014, 09:01 PM
This may have been asked before, but now we have Power Ring the Equipment, Power Rings for each color, and now Power Ring the Villain. What actually counts as a Power Ring anymore!? Haha

Another question, is power doubled by Parallax generated by Parallax, or is doubling simply a non-Power effect?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure spent power can't be doubled. Is that correct?

Matt_Hyra
12-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Everything with the name Power Ring counts as a Power Ring for the purposes of whatever you are trying to do.

Parallax is not himself a Power generator.

You don't double spent Power.

IAmTheGreat
12-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Bizarro: One Weakness for each card destroyed.

Defense: Yes

To elaborate on attacks like graves if you don't defend would you wait for everyone to defense or not before you decide which card to place for destruction

Dreris
12-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Say when destroying cards do the starter cards get taken out of the game or are they in the destroyed pile?

Makes a difference if you are Batgirl with the Trenchcoat, you could get more punches that way LOL

IAmTheGreat
12-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Also if the first card you play is shazam and you hit magic off the top what happens

ChaosUchiha
12-26-2014, 02:18 PM
If I'm using the Green Arrow character card, and I have 14 power. I want to defeat Super villain costing 12. I discarded a punch so I pay 10 power of my 14 I notice a villain in the line up worth 3. Do I pay 3 or 1 because I already did super villain or does it work for all of villains/super villains.

SushiSquid
12-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Green Arrow works on an unlimited number of Villains each turn. Discard a single Punch and all Villains are 2 cheaper to buy, no matter how many. Villains of 1 or 2 cost are absolutely free.

aoineko
12-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Say when destroying cards do the starter cards get taken out of the game or are they in the destroyed pile?

Makes a difference if you are Batgirl with the Trenchcoat, you could get more punches that way LOL

All destroyed cards (including Starters) go to the destroyed pile.

aoineko
12-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Also if the first card you play is shazam and you hit magic off the top what happens

You would play Shazam! again, which means you would reveal the next card on top of the main deck and play it.

Rtsands45
12-27-2014, 10:38 AM
For purposes of making power like having the new location that gives plus one power for non-kick superpowers played, can Magic be played targeting itself? Keep in mind Magic states a card you played not another card like some copy cards are worded.

sethzack
12-27-2014, 09:39 PM
I have a quick question.
I played the Batman Super Hero and you may play up to 3 equipment cards from the destroyed pile and then put them on the bottom of the main deck. I chose two Man-Bat Serum cards which give you power based on how many VP you have and I had 42 for a total of 84 power. Now after I played the Man-Bat Serum cards they say that if you have 5 or more VP the cards get destroyed but Batman states after you play them they go back to the bottom of the main deck. So which one do we go with?

I ruled that we go with Batman's effect and I put them back on the bottom of the main deck but I wasn't 100% certain.

Matt_Hyra
12-27-2014, 11:55 PM
For purposes of making power like having the new location that gives plus one power for non-kick superpowers played, can Magic be played targeting itself? Keep in mind Magic states a card you played not another card like some copy cards are worded.

While it is resolving, it has not yet been played. You are playing it. So no.

Matt_Hyra
12-27-2014, 11:57 PM
I have a quick question.
I played the Batman Super Hero and you may play up to 3 equipment cards from the destroyed pile and then put them on the bottom of the main deck. I chose two Man-Bat Serum cards which give you power based on how many VP you have and I had 42 for a total of 84 power. Now after I played the Man-Bat Serum cards they say that if you have 5 or more VP the cards get destroyed but Batman states after you play them they go back to the bottom of the main deck. So which one do we go with?

I ruled that we go with Batman's effect and I put them back on the bottom of the main deck but I wasn't 100% certain.

Batman puts them on the bottom after playing them. Man-Bat Serum waits until the end of the turn. Since they aren't in play at end of turn, that effect is not around to happen, so they stay on the bottom.

Mac_Apple
12-30-2014, 02:38 AM
What constitutes "gaining" a card, specifically? Because Larfleeze and Captain Atom say you gain a card and put it into your hand, whereas Trigon just says you put it into your hand, not using the word "gain". And I'm pretty sure passing cards is never gaining, correct?

Matt_Hyra
12-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Passing cards is not gaining.
Trigon should have mentioned the word gain. You are gaining it.

Saucypeppers
12-31-2014, 10:33 AM
I have a question about man-bat serum in FE. It states that the card is worth as much as power as victory points you have.

Is this talking about...

1) The victory point tokens that you have accumulated that you put on your Super-Villain?
2) The victory point total on the cards you have/have played in your hand?
3) Both (1) and (2)
4) The total amount of victory points you have in your entire deck (including the victory point tokens)

and if it is number (4), are you supposed to count all of your victory points you have right there on the spot?

Thanks in advance.

IAmTheGreat
12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
I have a question about man-bat serum in FE. It states that the card is worth as much as power as victory points you have.

Is this talking about...

1) The victory point tokens that you have accumulated that you put on your Super-Villain?
2) The victory point total on the cards you have/have played in your hand?
3) Both (1) and (2)
4) The total amount of victory points you have in your entire deck (including the victory point tokens)

and if it is number (4), are you supposed to count all of your victory points you have right there on the spot?

Thanks in advance.

benjoewoo
12-31-2014, 06:18 PM
For combining purposes, does Akuma's Gi count first appearance attacks from super villains and super heroes as attacks?

Can Sagat's eye patch destroy an emperor penguin that you play from the destroyed pile via Wonder Woman the superhero?

Lastly, if Graves comes up and I put in a Steve Trevor to destroy, do I still get the effect since I put Steve Trevor in to be destroyed?

kainbloodheart
01-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Can you choose when you want to play a defence card when the Superhero/Supervilain is attacking. Or does everyone who wants to play a defence play first or last etc

We came up against Shazam! (Each player puts a card with cost of 5 or greater from his hand or discard pile on the bottom of the main deck). Person A couldn't defend so they put a card on the bottom, player C asked to see it because he follows the unwritten rule of magic that any card that requires a specific condition e.g. cost of 5, you have to show your opponents to prove your not cheating. We then carried on Player B put his card at the bottom once again player C asked to see the card, he then plays cosmic staff to gain that card in defence. Can you choose when to play a defence ?

benjoewoo
01-01-2015, 02:14 PM
You play defense cards in a specific order. In the case of super villains and super heroes, the following applies:

1. Player A defeats Super Villain/Super Hero
2. Player A finishes the rest of his/her turn, refill line up up to 5 if able, then flip over new Super Villain/Super Hero, resolve First Appearance Attack
3. Player B, who would take his/her turn after Player A, has the first opportunity to defend. Once Player B has resolved a defense card if any, then Player C can defend, repeating the process until you end with Player A again.
4. Once all defense cards have resolved, then the rest of the players will get attacked by the Super Villain/Super Hero.

The last step is really easy with certain Super Villains/Super Heroes, but it happens like that for the ones with card transfers to other players, such as the Joker.

Matt_Hyra
01-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Akuma's Gi: Yes

Eye Patch: No. WW puts it on bottom of main deck before you can do that.

Graves vs ST: Yes

For combining purposes, does Akuma's Gi count first appearance attacks from super villains and super heroes as attacks?

Can Sagat's eye patch destroy an emperor penguin that you play from the destroyed pile via Wonder Woman the superhero?

Lastly, if Graves comes up and I put in a Steve Trevor to destroy, do I still get the effect since I put Steve Trevor in to be destroyed?

Matt_Hyra
01-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Can you choose when you want to play a defence card when the Superhero/Supervilain is attacking. Or does everyone who wants to play a defence play first or last etc

We came up against Shazam! (Each player puts a card with cost of 5 or greater from his hand or discard pile on the bottom of the main deck). Person A couldn't defend so they put a card on the bottom, player C asked to see it because he follows the unwritten rule of magic that any card that requires a specific condition e.g. cost of 5, you have to show your opponents to prove your not cheating. We then carried on Player B put his card at the bottom once again player C asked to see the card, he then plays cosmic staff to gain that card in defence. Can you choose when to play a defence ?

You can't play a Defense whenever you want during an Attack.
If an early player puts a card on the bottom of the main deck, you can then acquire it during that same Attack via Cosmic Staff. Yes, they do have to show it for the reasons you state.

IAmTheGreat
01-02-2015, 07:33 AM
You play defense cards in a specific order. In the case of super villains and super heroes, the following applies:

1. Player A defeats Super Villain/Super Hero
2. Player A finishes the rest of his/her turn, refill line up up to 5 if able, then flip over new Super Villain/Super Hero, resolve First Appearance Attack
3. Player B, who would take his/her turn after Player A, has the first opportunity to defend. Once Player B has resolved a defense card if any, then Player C can defend, repeating the process until you end with Player A again.
4. Once all defense cards have resolved, then the rest of the players will get attacked by the Super Villain/Super Hero.

The last step is really easy with certain Super Villains/Super Heroes, but it happens like that for the ones with card transfers to other players, such as the Joker.

So this is false then Matt?

I ask because a situation came up involving Shazams FAA where we werent sure if the 2nd player, who was defending with Cosmic Staff, would gain the card the first player put on the bottom. Or if defenses resolve then players are affected by attacks

clique84
01-02-2015, 08:34 AM
I have a question and have searched for the answer and could not find it.
In FE, Black Manta's ability reads: You may put any cards you buy or gain from the Line-Up on the bottom of your deck.
I am assuming this means only the 5-card main deck line up? Not Kicks or Super Heroes you defeat?

Thanks,
Bill

JesseSqll
01-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Regarding Cyborg the super hero card from FE, if you have him in your hand with no super powers is he worth 0 power?

aoineko
01-02-2015, 12:28 PM
I have a question and have searched for the answer and could not find it.
In FE, Black Manta's ability reads: You may put any cards you buy or gain from the Line-Up on the bottom of your deck.
I am assuming this means only the 5-card main deck line up? Not Kicks or Super Heroes you defeat?

The "Line-Up" only consists of the 5 cards that came from the main deck and any cards that got added to it. The Kick, Weakness, Super-Villain Stacks are not part of the Line-Up, but if one of those cards somehow gets added to the Line-Up (say from Anti-Monitor) then you could put them on the bottom of your deck when you buy or gain them.

aoineko
01-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Regarding Cyborg the super hero card from FE, if you have him in your hand with no super powers is he worth 0 power?

If you have no Super Powers and no Equipment cards with Cyborg, then he is worth 0 Power.

ypai1217
01-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Question regarding FE's swamp thing super hero.. I had accumulated 5 locations in one game and my friend played swamp thing to get 10 power (2 for each location in play) even though he had no locations. Can he do that ? I thought it was only for locations that the player controlled ?

Matt_Hyra
01-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Question regarding FE's swamp thing super hero.. I had accumulated 5 locations in one game and my friend played swamp thing to get 10 power (2 for each location in play) even though he had no locations. Can he do that ? I thought it was only for locations that the player controlled ?

It counts all in play, so he doesn't have to control any to get the Power.

BenJazz
01-03-2015, 08:51 PM
So this is false then Matt?

I ask because a situation came up involving Shazams FAA where we werent sure if the 2nd player, who was defending with Cosmic Staff, would gain the card the first player put on the bottom. Or if defenses resolve then players are affected by attacks

I agree. Due to the nature of some of the Super-Villain First Appearance attacks all player's who are choosing to defend must do so before any player is hit with the actual attack. If order is concerned then it is clockwise from the source of the attack (player who's turn is next after SV or to left of the player attacker).

This would mean you could not gain a card a player places on the bottom from the same attack as you must defend and resolve Cosmic Staff's text and all other defenses before the attack hits (there is the defense that lets you put a card on bottom from the destroyed stack but that is a different scenario).

Matt_Hyra
01-04-2015, 03:26 AM
I agree. Due to the nature of some of the Super-Villain First Appearance attacks all player's who are choosing to defend must do so before any player is hit with the actual attack. If order is concerned then it is clockwise from the source of the attack (player who's turn is next after SV or to left of the player attacker).

This would mean you could not gain a card a player places on the bottom from the same attack as you must defend and resolve Cosmic Staff's text and all other defenses before the attack hits (there is the defense that lets you put a card on bottom from the destroyed stack but that is a different scenario).

All players are hit by the Attack in turn order. However, some Attacks require you to wait to see who all avoids it (The Joker, Amazo, etc). But you still resolve your defenses as you play them in turn order. So you CAN gain a bottom card that was just placed there.

dhisson
01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Sinestro is my villain card in Forever evil. I just played Catwoman (attack steal 1 vp) but no one has any vp and they cannot defend the attack. Does this count as a successful attack and I get a vp? Or because there are no vps to be stolen is it unsucessful?

Matt_Hyra
01-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Sinestro is my villain card in Forever evil. I just played Catwoman (attack steal 1 vp) but no one has any vp and they cannot defend the attack. Does this count as a successful attack and I get a vp? Or because there are no vps to be stolen is it unsucessful?

That is still a successful Attack, so you gain the VP from Sinestro.

BenJazz
01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
All players are hit by the Attack in turn order. However, some Attacks require you to wait to see who all avoids it (The Joker, Amazo, etc). But you still resolve your defenses as you play them in turn order. So you CAN gain a bottom card that was just placed there.

I may have to disagree with that ruling. In each of the main rulebook's it states "When you play a card with an Attack ability, each other player has an opportunity to avoid the Attack with a card that has a defense ability... Any players who don't avoid the Attack are then affected by the Attack cards ability." There is some minor wording difference with Forever Evil due to there being "Choose a foe" attacks but otherwise it looks to be saying all players who intend to defend must defend before the effects of an attack hit non-defending players.

The wording in the Super-Hero/Villain First Appearance Attack sections say nothing to the contrary as it reads "this Attack resolves immediately against each player in the game." This does not say it should be handled differently from a normal Attack in terms of how the defense and effect order occurs, just that it hits each player compared to a normal Attack and occurs immediately before the next player's turn starts.

I feel that with how different the Attacks and Super Villain/Hero FAA's are that it is easier to stick with all defenses first, then all non-defenders hit with the effects.

idamajit
01-05-2015, 07:59 AM
I have a quick question that came up the other day...

When you have Bane and it says, "If the first card you play during each of your turns has a cost of 1 or greater, you may destroy it. If you do, +2 power."

My first card is a Kick

What is meant by Play?

1) Do I get +2 from Kick and +2 from Bane and the Kick is destroyed?
2) I lay down my Kick, destroy it, and get just +2 power?

Thanks!

BenJazz
01-05-2015, 10:06 AM

When you have Bane and it says, "If the first card you play during each of your turns has a cost of 1 or greater, you may destroy it. If you do, +2 power."

My first card is a Kick

What is meant by Play?

Thanks!

You get to play the full effects from the card and then choose to destroy it to gain an additional +2 power. For your example of a Kick, you would gain the +2 power from playing the Kick and, if you decide to destroy it, the additional +2 from Bane to give you a total of +4 power right off the bat.

IAmTheGreat
01-05-2015, 02:04 PM

My first card is a Kick

What is meant by Play?

Thanks!

You get the 2 power from kick because you played it and then you get the 2 power from bane for destroying it.

Matt_Hyra
01-05-2015, 03:19 PM

My first card is a Kick

What is meant by Play?

Thanks!

You get the +2 Power when you play it, then another +2 Power when you destroy it with Bane. So +4 Power total.

Matt_Hyra
01-05-2015, 03:24 PM
AS FOR ATTACK RESOLUTION

The rulebook uses the word "then" not as a time-stamp to mean after everyone has defended. But rather as a cause-effect.
The Attacks that can resolve immediately do so. The ones that need to wait (The Joker, Amazo etc) will wait until after everyone has defended or not. We will clarify this in all future rulebooks.

So when it is your turn to defend or not defend, you do so, and the Attack resolves against you and you alone. Then the next player defends or doesn't defend and resolves the Attack against him or herself. So any defense cards played will fully resolve before the next player plays their defense card.

BenJazz
01-05-2015, 04:14 PM
AS FOR ATTACK RESOLUTION

The rulebook uses the word "then" not as a time-stamp to mean after everyone has defended. But rather as a cause-effect.
The Attacks that can resolve immediately do so. The ones that need to wait (The Joker, Amazo etc) will wait until after everyone has defended or not. We will clarify this in all future rulebooks.

So when it is your turn to defend or not defend, you do so, and the Attack resolves against you and you alone. Then the next player defends or doesn't defend and resolves the Attack against him or herself. So any defense cards played will fully resolve before the next player plays their defense card.

Okay, I can understand that better. Sorry for the wording confusion then.

cc130019
01-05-2015, 11:56 PM
I unfortunately can't recall where i read this but if I'm not mistaken i recall Matt saying something about when you play cards they're immediately put into the discard pile. This was in regards to playing cards that have texts referring to your discard pile. However i just received my Rivals expansion (haven't played it yet but it looks awesome btw) and read in the rulebook that part of the "Ending Your Turn" Phase on page 6 read: 4. Place all cards you played into your discard pile.

So my question is when are cards that you played placed in your discard pile, during your turn or after?

OrthrusX
01-06-2015, 01:51 AM
I was wondering if an opponent is allowed to look into another players discard pile at anytime? I was going to play broadsword but before I did I wanted to check all my opponents discard piles. But my friend stopped me and said I couldn't look into his grave without a reason...

sivartalappes
01-06-2015, 08:25 AM
I unfortunately can't recall where i read this but if I'm not mistaken i recall Matt saying something about when you play cards they're immediately put into the discard pile. This was in regards to playing cards that have texts referring to your discard pile. However i just received my Rivals expansion (haven't played it yet but it looks awesome btw) and read in the rulebook that part of the "Ending Your Turn" Phase on page 6 read: 4. Place all cards you played into your discard pile.

So my question is when are cards that you played placed in your discard pile, during your turn or after?

Not sure where you think you read that either. Cards you PURCHASE go immediately into your discard pile, but cards you PLAY stay on the table until the end of your turn. A card you played is NOT in your discard pile.

Matt_Hyra
01-06-2015, 12:10 PM
I was wondering if an opponent is allowed to look into another players discard pile at anytime? I was going to play broadsword but before I did I wanted to check all my opponents discard piles. But my friend stopped me and said I couldn't look into his grave without a reason...

Discard piles are public information. You can look through them before you choose a player.

ypai1217
01-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Question from Dc Rivals . Batman cost 12 effect - If i play a Hero and an Equipment during my turn, i can play a non location card in the lineup and return it; It does not specify to return it at the end of the turn .... So does that mean i can play a card, get the power effects generated from it and still have the option to buy it from the lineup ?

M_Bieniewicz
01-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Yes. The 12 Cost Batman ability resolution puts the card pack into the lineup as soon as the card it plays has finished resolving, so it can be purchased later that turn. It's just not in the line-up WHILE it is played by the ability.

Dreris
01-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Hey there if using Joker in Forever Evil, which one is closest in correct power level the 12 point Joker?

EarthBowser
01-07-2015, 03:52 PM
#4: People get possessed, mind controlled, blackmailed, etc. Super Heroes and Super-Villains on the stack are mechanically the same.

This answer got me thinking about the functionality of Super Heros when mixing sets.

When mixing all the sets together, would you rule that Bat Signal can get a Super Hero from your discard pile?

My playgroup has been ruling that it can only bring back non Super Hero heros, since there isn't a functionally equivalent card that can return a Super Villain from your discard to your hand. We figured that when Bat Signal was printed, Super Heros didn't exist, so allowing it to grab super heros would effectively change its intended design. What do you think?

Matt_Hyra
01-07-2015, 04:09 PM
This answer got me thinking about the functionality of Super Heros when mixing sets.

When mixing all the sets together, would you rule that Bat Signal can get a Super Hero from your discard pile?

My playgroup has been ruling that it can only bring back non Super Hero heros, since there isn't a functionally equivalent card that can return a Super Villain from your discard to your hand. We figured that when Bat Signal was printed, Super Heros didn't exist, so allowing it to grab super heros would effectively change its intended design. What do you think?

There are a couple of cards that can return Super-Villains, so I'd let Bat Signal grab a big Super Hero. When mixing sets, you get to make your own choices. Maybe you only include one Bat Signal, so you don't see that happen every game.

EarthBowser
01-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Another question - Harley Quinn's power says to draw a card the first time you discard during a turn. The way I understand it, the card doesn't necessarily have to be discarded from your hand, so cards like Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Starro, etc will still trigger her to draw a card even though it was discarded from your deck and not your hand. Are we playing that correctly?

Matt_Hyra
01-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Another question - Harley Quinn's power says to draw a card the first time you discard during a turn. The way I understand it, the card doesn't necessarily have to be discarded from your hand, so cards like Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Starro, etc will still trigger her to draw a card even though it was discarded from your deck and not your hand. Are we playing that correctly?

No, it only works on discards from hand. We used the word discard from other places, but maybe should not have. It's just sooo much shorter than "put the top card of your deck into your discard pile."

EDIT: Since this card could have been worded better, we are going to reverse the above ruling. It now looks at discards from the top of your deck as well.

So if you are hit with a Starro Attack, that will trigger her ability.

EarthBowser
01-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Ah, that's too bad. I would have bet money that it worked with the other cards too. We'll switch up the way we play it from now on. Thank you for the quick reply!

Dreris
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Any ruling on which Joker I would use?

cc130019
01-09-2015, 10:03 AM
In Crysis mode when one player defeats the last impossible villain (Anti Crisis Moniter i think) is he(the player) now out of the game? Or does he still continue to play his turn? We played a game where we were running to the very end of the deck and out of 3 players i was the only one left. For example theres 3 cards left in the stack so in theory i wasn't sure if i had one turn to beat the last villain or three turns.

listmaker
01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
A question on the Naruto Deck-Building game:

Can a player using the Kakashi Character card's Chakra ability play a Chikushodo (Path of Pain) card (cost is 4) from the Line-Up, destroy it, and gain a card of cost 6 or less from the Line-Up?

This can come up twice now, and one of the other players claims this is an unintended exploit. I contend this is perfectly legit (and that the Chikushodo (Path of Pain) card returns to the Line-Up from the destroyed pile at the end of the Kakashi player's turn.

aoineko
01-09-2015, 12:13 PM
In Crysis mode when one player defeats the last impossible villain (Anti Crisis Moniter i think) is he(the player) now out of the game? Or does he still continue to play his turn? We played a game where we were running to the very end of the deck and out of 3 players i was the only one left. For example theres 3 cards left in the stack so in theory i wasn't sure if i had one turn to beat the last villain or three turns.

They're still in the game. So they can still use card effects to help you, but also eat up a card from the main deck.

aoineko
01-09-2015, 12:15 PM
A question on the Naruto Deck-Building game:

Can a player using the Kakashi Character card's Chakra ability play a Chikushodo (Path of Pain) card (cost is 4) from the Line-Up, destroy it, and gain a card of cost 6 or less from the Line-Up?

This can come up twice now, and one of the other players claims this is an unintended exploit. I contend this is perfectly legit (and that the Chikushodo (Path of Pain) card returns to the Line-Up from the destroyed pile at the end of the Kakashi player's turn.

This is perfectly fine and one of the cool Kakashi combos we noticed during testing. The Path of Pain card does return to the line -up even if it is destroyed.

benjoewoo
01-09-2015, 01:52 PM
This is perfectly fine and one of the cool Kakashi combos we noticed during testing. The Path of Pain card does return to the line -up even if it is destroyed.

Is this a card that interacts with the destroyed pile even though it doesn't explicitly say so?

If so, if Starro discards two man-bat serums from two opponent's decks and you have 10 VP, do they get destroyed per man-bat serum's text?

What happens if you use Tanden Engine/X-ray Vision to do the same?

Matt_Hyra
01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Is this a card that interacts with the destroyed pile even though it doesn't explicitly say so?

If so, if Starro discards two man-bat serums from two opponent's decks and you have 10 VP, do they get destroyed per man-bat serum's text?

What happens if you use Tanden Engine/X-ray Vision to do the same?

If you destroy a card that another player owns, it goes back to that player.

Rtsands45
01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
For Firestorm let us say you have a punch, Black lantern corps, and a parasite on your character. Do you choose the order you wish to resolve the text or does it resolve in the order the cards were removed from your deck and placed on your character.

for example can I
A) force them to discard first then take a weakness and finally 1 xtra power for 5 total power or
B) forced to play the cards in the order they were placed on my character card

Aslo, do my opponents get to defense 1x for the whole Firestorm or defend each attack?

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 04:44 AM
For Firestorm let us say you have a punch, Black lantern corps, and a parasite on your character. Do you choose the order you wish to resolve the text or does it resolve in the order the cards were removed from your deck and placed on your character.

for example can I
A) force them to discard first then take a weakness and finally 1 xtra power for 5 total power or
B) forced to play the cards in the order they were placed on my character card

Aslo, do my opponents get to defense 1x for the whole Firestorm or defend each attack?

You choose the order in which they resolve.
Each Attack is separate, so they may need multiple Defense cards.

Blockinlick
01-10-2015, 10:21 AM
"When you play your first card with cost 2 or 3 on each of your turns, draw a card."

My friend and I are confused and arguing over how this works. He says that since it says "Your first card with 2 or 3" that it means that the first card you play has to be a 2 or 3 cost.

However, the booklet that comes with the game says
"Each location has a draw effect that triggers the first time you play a particular card type". Implying to me that it works exactly like the rest of the locations and you simply just just draw on the first 2 or 3 you play, regardless of whether or not it's the first card you played. I've also tried to argue that the implication is stronger with the fact that this is the only location in the basic set that is worded that way and that it was simply just worded poorly.

However, he's not convinced. Someone please clear this up.

AaronH
01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Your friend is wrong. The card doesn't say "If the first card you play is cost 2 or 3" which is the only way he'd be correct.

EHz74
01-10-2015, 05:31 PM
My friends and I were playing competitive with the impossible mode villains and Atrocitus appeared. The game ended before he could be defeated. Do cards placed under your hero by his first appearance attack count towards your victory points or are they no longer considered to be in your deck?

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 09:47 PM
My friends and I were playing competitive with the impossible mode villains and Atrocitus appeared. The game ended before he could be defeated. Do cards placed under your hero by his first appearance attack count towards your victory points or are they no longer considered to be in your deck?

Cards under your oversized are not counted in with your score at end of game.

BenJazz
01-11-2015, 03:34 PM
If you destroy a card that another player owns, it goes back to that player.

Except with Broadsword of course. That card is destroyed due to the Broadsword's specific text even though it is not your card and you choose it.

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Except with Broadsword of course. That card is destroyed due to the Broadsword's specific text even though it is not your card and you choose it.

Yes, good point.

Dreris
01-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Matt,

In the past you replied that you could give a cost of 9 points to any oversized card and is someone did a confrontation against that card it would flip over. I infer from that the 9 cost Joker is the one you would use in a non-rivals game.

Another Cryptozoic employee has said that the 9 point versions are underpowered when compared to the other oversized characters. This implies the 12 point version might be better.

Which Joker is the one to use?

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2015, 02:26 PM
The 12s would be correct.
The 9s are way worse than Wonder Woman, as she gives you an extra draw PER Villain, not just one.

JOKES-ON-YOU
01-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Hi Matt, sorry if this question has been asked already. I'm assuming this works the bad way, but I just wanted to double check.

I've hypothetically got four victory points. I play firestorm matrix, hitting manbat serum off the top of my deck, giving it the ongoing ability each turn. If my VP total eventually gets to be five or above, will the manbat serum trash itself from my hero at the end of turn, or does it remain there forever and become incredibly unfair as my VP total increases?

Also, I know this isn't rules related, but I just wanted to confirm while I've got someone's attention. Would you be able to list all of the promos out for this game so far? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything (I'm mostly concerned with whether or not there's a promo for Batman V Joker, as I heard something about a 'gotham harbor' but can't find any info anywhere). Thanks for your time!

benjoewoo
01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
For the man-bat serum, it would be destroyed if you were to use its effect (both when initially played by Firestorm Matrix or later as an Ongoing effect) and have 5VP or more at the time of use. I think this was asked earlier in this thread or in the part 1 thread before this part 2 was created.

I don't know all of the promos available, but the Batman vs. Joker game did not come with a promo--Matt stated that in a boardgamegeek.com message board.

I think you mean Gotham City Docks, which you could obtain by getting (yourself or the local game store does so) a Crisis Deck-Building Game League Kit. Your store can request one from Alliance in the U.S., though I'm not sure for anywhere else. There's always the second hand market as well.

Matt_Hyra
01-13-2015, 12:49 AM
There is no promo for BvJ.
The promos are:
Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Bane
Felix Faust
Gotham City Docks

JOKES-ON-YOU
01-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Cool, thank you, that was what I assumed.

destroth
01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Hi Matt, in forever evil, if I play the element woman with the cyborg or martian manhunter super hero and since element woman is a villian, hero, equipment, and superpower type, does she get +4? Or just +2?

Matt_Hyra
01-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi Matt, in forever evil, if I play the element woman with the cyborg or martian manhunter super hero and since element woman is a villian, hero, equipment, and superpower type, does she get +4? Or just +2?

+4 !

MStreva89
01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Matt, I believe there's a contradiction here in regards to defending against the First Appearance - Attack.

In a previous post you stated this referring to Nekron, "The next player to act has to decide first whether or not to play a Defense. Neither player announces their cost totals until after all players have played or declined to play a Defense. Once you have passed on your chance to defend, you cannot change your mind." That being said, it's clear that before his effect takes place after each player has had a chance to defend or not.

Yet this new ruling you've stated regarding this subject, refers to each player going in turn order determining whether or not to receive the attack or defend against it, not deciding to defend prior. Personally, I think choosing to defend first before any attack resolves is the proper play because some of these First Appearances can tip the scale completely for certain outcomes if they go later in the rotation (AKA the person who just bought the Nemesis).

Ex. Player 1 buys a Nemesis and Black Manta gets revealed between turns, him being the last Nemesis. Player 1 would be able to end the game on his next turn, but if he uses his Defense card, he won't have the Power to do so. Player 2 doesn't Defend, but discards Darkseid (worth 6 VP) to Black Manta's Attack. Knowing he can't make up for the VP loss of Darkseid, he discards his hand. Player 1 knowing Player 2 cannot buy the Nemesis this turn with this new knowledge, does not Defend in order to buy it himself.

Free info such as that can change the game completely and I think it's kind of favoring the player that just bought the Nemesis (which they already got several VPs and a great card for).

Please reconsider this ruling, but nonetheless, clarify it for future games as previously we had a different ruling to go off of.

Matt_Hyra
01-15-2015, 11:20 PM
Nekron is a group activity FAA, like Amazo and The Joker, which I pointed out as exceptions to the rule. There should not be an issue when each player in turn order:
1. Utilizes a Defense or not.
2. Resolves the Defense, if any.
3. Resolve the Attack against yourself if Attack was not avoided (unless it's a group activity)

Your example is something that players will have to consider, though situations that cut and dried are not the norm. The turn sequence is not to be taken lightly.

benjoewoo
01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
In that same example, if Black Manta is revealed after Player 1's turn, Players 3-X may just discard their hands to avoid losing any VPs in banking on Player 2 defeating Black Manta. Player 2 still has the motivation to defeat Black Manta in order to avoid Player 1 having that same opportunity. Considering Black Manta only costs 8 to defeat for 4VP, it is not an unusually risky gamble that Player 2 would have the power to defeat Black Manta as the last villain in the game.

In Forever Evil or games combining the Super Heroes and Super Villains, this effect is mitigated somewhat because if you buy a Super Villain without accounting for the possibility of Wonder Woman or Shazam revealing next, you may lose the Super Villain you just defeated--e.g. Shazam hits all Super Villains and Super Heroes and Wonder Woman can destroy your recently purchased Super Villain.

MStreva89
01-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Alright, well a new light has been shed on my games. Thanks Matt.

Mac_Apple
01-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Batman VS. Joker!

I'm in a Confrontation and I play Billionaire. Since I'm in a Confrontation, I'm forced to take the top of the main deck. However the main deck is empty (the last card was just put into it last turn). Which of these happens?

1) Because the Main Deck is being affected but has no cards, the game instantly ends?
2) The card does nothing because I can't gain a card?
3) The card's "Otherwise" effect triggers, and I get +2 Power?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
01-17-2015, 05:36 PM
The card does nothing. The otherwise is only if you are not in a Confrontation.

aoineko
01-17-2015, 06:50 PM
To also clarify one of the scenarios you brought up. The game only ends when the main deck is empty when you try to refill the line-up and can't. It doesn't matter if the main deck is empty and you try to interact with it.

benjoewoo
01-19-2015, 01:03 PM
For The Hobbit when playing Impossible Mode, if the Goblin King Group Ambush comes up, let's say the revealed card is an ally and you have 0 allies in your hand and only 1 ally in your discard, are you forced to destroy 1 ally in the discard even though you would be forced to choose to destroy 2 allies?

Could you just say I destroy one ally out of my hand and effectively avoid the attack?

Matt_Hyra
01-19-2015, 01:24 PM
For The Hobbit when playing Impossible Mode, if the Goblin King Group Ambush comes up, let's say the revealed card is an ally and you have 0 allies in your hand and only 1 ally in your discard, are you forced to destroy 1 ally in the discard even though you would be forced to choose to destroy 2 allies?

Could you just say I destroy one ally out of my hand and effectively avoid the attack?

You destroy 2 if you have 2. If you have just 1 in your discard pile, you destroy that 1.
If you destroy 1 out of your hand, that is following the direction of the first line of text. You can prevent the destruction of 2 in your discard pile by destroying 1 in your hand. I wouldn't exactly call it "avoiding the attack" as you did get hit. A card in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

sivartalappes
01-19-2015, 09:25 PM
I appologize if this was already asked, but I couldn't find it anywhere if it was:

For RIVALS...

During a confrontation, I play "Catwoman" who says: "During a Confrontation, play the top card of that foe's deck and then put it into his discard pile."

If my opponent does not have a deck at the time I play this card, which of the following occurs:
1) that aspect of the Catwoman card fizzles out, useless.
2) the opponent has to shuffle their discard pile to become their deck for me to then play the top card

BenJazz
01-19-2015, 09:51 PM
I appologize if this was already asked, but I couldn't find it anywhere if it was:

For RIVALS...

During a confrontation, I play "Catwoman" who says: "During a Confrontation, play the top card of that foe's deck and then put it into his discard pile."

If my opponent does not have a deck at the time I play this card, which of the following occurs:
1) that aspect of the Catwoman card fizzles out, useless.
2) the opponent has to shuffle their discard pile to become their deck for me to then play the top card

That player has to shuffle their discard pile and create a new draw deck to be used by the card. Anytime a card tells you to interact with your deck and you do not have one then you must shuffle the discard whether it be reveal or draw or whatever.

sivartalappes
01-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Ok, cool. Thanks BenJazz. That's what we ended up doing, but I wanted to make sure it was correct.

benjoewoo
01-20-2015, 10:22 AM
You destroy 2 if you have 2. If you have just 1 in your discard pile, you destroy that 1.
If you destroy 1 out of your hand, that is following the direction of the first line of text. You can prevent the destruction of 2 in your discard pile by destroying 1 in your hand. I wouldn't exactly call it "avoiding the attack" as you did get hit. A card in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I meant if you had 0 in your hand and 1 or 2 in the discard, could you choose the destroy one in hand option and thus effectively avoid the attack?

Vaughnilla619
01-20-2015, 11:58 AM
I meant if you had 0 in your hand and 1 or 2 in the discard, could you choose the destroy one in hand option and thus effectively avoid the attack?

Seems pretty obvious that you cant destroy something that isn't there, so u would have to destroy the ones in the discard pile.

Matt_Hyra
01-20-2015, 02:08 PM

No. Keep in mind that the wording specifically disallows that. This is written differently than some cards in the past.
"If he does not" refers to the act of destruction, not to "choosing hand." There is no choosing hand in this case. You either do or don't destroy a card in hand.

deckmith
01-22-2015, 11:17 PM
For the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings Deck builder game. When you defeat Sauroman and you use him it says to name a card ally, enemy, maneuver, etc. Take the top seven cards from the main deck and gain the named cards. What do you do with the rest destroy them or put them at the bottom of the deck? The Elrond card says to put the missed ones at the bottom. If no cards are gained from either card the Elrond is an allies one then all cards go at the bottom. Is that the same for the Sauroman or do they get destroyed because Sauroman is a archenemy?

Matt_Hyra
01-23-2015, 01:12 AM
For the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings Deck builder game. When you defeat Sauroman and you use him it says to name a card ally, enemy, maneuver, etc. Take the top seven cards from the main deck and gain the named cards. What do you do with the rest destroy them or put them at the bottom of the deck? The Elrond card says to put the missed ones at the bottom. If no cards are gained from either card the Elrond is an allies one then all cards go at the bottom. Is that the same for the Sauroman or do they get destroyed because Sauroman is a archenemy?

The rest of the cards go back on top of the main deck, without changing the order.

SeaMonkey
01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
In Super-Hidden Super Villains, if a card is used to destroy Captain Cold, is he "defeated" as well or do everyone's superheroes remain turned down for the remainder of the game?

Matt_Hyra
01-25-2015, 01:35 AM
In Super-Hidden Super Villains, if a card is used to destroy Captain Cold, is he "defeated" as well or do everyone's superheroes remain turned down for the remainder of the game?

For the purposes of that variant game, yes, that should count as "defeating" him.

benjoewoo
01-26-2015, 10:52 AM
In the Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug Expansion's Impossible Mode, is it actually a cooperative game? The text in the back says that if the main deck runs out, the Company loses to Smaug the Terrible. It also says that when Smaug the Terrible is defeated, everyone wins. Up until that point, however, Unexpected Journey is still "competitive" while Smaug the Magnificent does not carry that win condition.

With that, is the game competitive until someone can defeat Smaug the Magnificent and turn the game to a cooperative mode against Smaug the Terrible?

Also, assuming the players want to play cooperatively and defeat Smaug the Terrible, what stops the players from, during the Unexpected Journey phase of the game, simply building their strongest decks by not buying anything not necessary to defeating Smaug the Magnificent and Smaug the Terrible later in the game, while filtering out the extra cards in decks (despair, courage, etc.) using the available destruction in the game?

Matt_Hyra
01-26-2015, 11:15 AM
In the Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug Expansion's Impossible Mode, is it actually a cooperative game? The text in the back says that if the main deck runs out, the Company loses to Smaug the Terrible. It also says that when Smaug the Terrible is defeated, everyone wins. Up until that point, however, Unexpected Journey is still "competitive" while Smaug the Magnificent does not carry that win condition.

With that, is the game competitive until someone can defeat Smaug the Magnificent and turn the game to a cooperative mode against Smaug the Terrible?

Also, assuming the players want to play cooperatively and defeat Smaug the Terrible, what stops the players from, during the Unexpected Journey phase of the game, simply building their strongest decks by not buying anything not necessary to defeating Smaug the Magnificent and Smaug the Terrible later in the game, while filtering out the extra cards in decks (despair, courage, etc.) using the available destruction in the game?

The back of the Smaug rules pamphlet does say that 4-5 player Impossible Mode games should be played cooperatively. With less than that, you should play competitively.

If players are keen to stop playing and filter out cards (which is not the intended play pattern) then you will want to add 1 card to the Line-Up every time a player does not buy from the Line-Up, even if that goes over 5. Most players just play and don't try to "cheese" the game.

benjoewoo
01-26-2015, 12:18 PM
How do you play competitively in Impossible Mode with the Desolation of Smaug Expansion?

Also, if the main deck runs out while facing impossible Smaug the Magnificent, do players score their victory points competitively?

sivartalappes
01-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Played Heroes Unite for only the 2nd time ever tonight. There are a couple of Super Villains that have their effects based on who has the highest cost hand. But what happens in the event of a tie?

For instance, the one that causes the highest to destroy a card at random from their hand and everyone else to choose which gets destroyed.... I did a 2player game tonight and we both had the same. So do we both destroy at random or both choose? We decided to go with the "friendlier" option of both choosing, but weren't sure which was more correct.

Vaughnilla619
01-26-2015, 11:25 PM
The player (or players) with the most have to destroy a random card. Same thing when a tie happens with Akrillo and his weaknesses.

Vaughnilla619
01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
So yes if its a tie for most then both players with the most suffer the worst affect.

IAmTheGreat
01-30-2015, 01:27 PM
These have probably been asked before but i couldnt find them.

I played Ocean Master with a weakness in discard and no deck. I then play Johnny Quick. Can I trash the weakness before I draw or must I trash immediately after Johnny resolves? Or if not can I wait until later in the turn to use the Ocean Master Trash.

Also if Im Green Lantern and play 2 cards that have the same name but are different cards (Power Ring Equipment + Villain) does it count as 2 different cards?

Matt_Hyra
01-30-2015, 04:17 PM
You have to resolve a card you are currently playing before you can resolve outside effects. Johnny draws first.

Different cards are cards with different names. They have the same name, so they don't count as two.

nekroabyssal
02-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Lets say I play Firestorm and destroy a Kick, later I play him again and destroy a Constructs of Fear, do i gain the text of both Kick and Constructs or just one of them, the rulebook vs card text is a little hazy.

Matt_Hyra
02-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Lets say I play Firestorm and destroy a Kick, later I play him again and destroy a Constructs of Fear, do i gain the text of both Kick and Constructs or just one of them, the rulebook vs card text is a little hazy.

You aren't destroying the cards. You are placing them onto your oversized character card for reference. So you get the text of both Super Powers.

vbui0803
02-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Question. If I'm playing as sinestro suoervillian, and I play dr light but my opponent doesn't have location, does my effect still trigger?

Matt_Hyra
02-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Question. If I'm playing as sinestro suoervillian, and I play dr light but my opponent doesn't have location, does my effect still trigger?

Yes

nekroabyssal
02-03-2015, 04:57 PM
If I'm playing a team game, can i use Blue Beetle or Power Armor to defend for myself and my team mate?

Matt_Hyra
02-03-2015, 06:20 PM
If I'm playing a team game, can i use Blue Beetle or Power Armor to defend for myself and my team mate?

Attacks are resolved in turn order (order of play), so you can reveal it during each Attack resolution, and it returns to your hand after each Attack.

So you can defend your teammate and yourself from the same Attack.

MStreva89
02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Matt, in reference to the new Crisis 2 Character cards, does a "colored card" refer to only Power Ring colors such as Red Lantern Power Ring or does it refer to the actual color of a card as well? (Villains being Red, Heroes being Blue, etc.)

I do hope it refers to the actual color of a card as well (Villain Red, Hero Blue, etc.) because this would make those Characters a lot more fun to work with and play outside of Heroes Unite and the Crisis 2 expansion. Already pretty down about Black Canary Crisis and Batgirl Crisis who have almost 0 playability outside of the Crisis Mode games. I prefer the older Crisis Character cards who had a very cool and fun role when played competitively in non-Crisis Mode games (Aquaman Crisis combined with Bizarro to give your opponents Weaknesses, Wonder Woman Crisis to thin out your Vulnerabilities and Weaknesses quickly, Batman Crisis as a powerful unavoidable attack, etc.)

BenJazz
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
YOU HAVE BEEN CORRECTED

:cool:

Matt_Hyra
02-09-2015, 03:02 PM
All Heroes are blue.
All Villains are red.
Etc.

Page 10 of the Crisis 2 rulebook lists the official colors of the cards.

BenJazz
02-09-2015, 03:54 PM
WOW! OK, well this changes everything I was thinking about. Sorry about the false info then and thanks for the quick cover up Matt (I really asked for it :D ) The new oversized character cards are really adaptable then with the normal decks. Can't wait to play with them.

Also, it seems like there was some info released recently about the pack... did I miss a press release or something?

aoineko
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
I do hope it refers to the actual color of a card as well (Villain Red, Hero Blue, etc.) because this would make those Characters a lot more fun to work with and play outside of Heroes Unite and the Crisis 2 expansion. Already pretty down about Black Canary Crisis and Batgirl Crisis who have almost 0 playability outside of the Crisis Mode games. I prefer the older Crisis Character cards who had a very cool and fun role when played competitively in non-Crisis Mode games (Aquaman Crisis combined with Bizarro to give your opponents Weaknesses, Wonder Woman Crisis to thin out your Vulnerabilities and Weaknesses quickly, Batman Crisis as a powerful unavoidable attack, etc.)

Crisis Super Heroes are not supposed to be played competitively.

BenJazz
02-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Crisis Super Heroes are not supposed to be played competitively.

"Not supposed to" is a very loose term but I agree some Crisis heroes should not be played competitively (i.e. Cyborg and Batman).

MStreva89
02-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Cyborg Crisis is much too powerful to be played in competitive play, but Batman Crisis is not that powerful, especially with the introduction of Harley Quinn who counters him perfectly.

Also, it's just about having the option to play them in a non-Crisis mode. We all stared at Aquaman Crisis in competitive play as though he was the worst thing ever until Bizarro was released and he became the ultimate combo piece in Forever Evil (people just scoop once they have 10 or more Weaknesses in their deck along with all their Starter cards).

My friends and I constantly play with betting (we bet who buys dinner) and we love having a giant Character pool to work with, so the Crisis Characters are simply icing on the cake when it comes to this. I would rather have another Cyborg Crisis Character printed (too powerful) than Batgirl Crisis (unplayable). That's just my opinion on the subject.

In other news, I LOVE the ruling about card colors, I think this adds a great new spin on the game with White Lantern Deadman as a Brainiac on roids and Kyle Rayner as a permanent Batmobile. Not to mention the new Cyborg in Indigo-1. Great job with the extra Characters Matt!

aoineko
02-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Crisis Batgirl is not "unplayable." There are plenty of times where discarding a situational card might draw you a better card. Draw a Robin or Hawkgirl right after the shuffle? Maybe the top card is better.

MStreva89
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
In theory, you're right, but I'm referring to her usefulness when compared to other choices for Characters. Why Batgirl Crisis over Batgirl herself? Trading early game for mid-late game doesn't seem as useful. I suppose it's not the worst card ever, maybe Black Canary Crisis was a better example since everything she does, Black Manta does better in every way shape and form, plus he's not even a top pick.

I suppose I shouldn't treat a Character so harshly, I learned the hard way with Animal Man. My friends and I thought he was terrible, turned out he became a real meta pick in Classic DC DBG for just edging the power to grab the Super-Villain.

IAmTheGreat
02-10-2015, 12:08 PM
A couple firestorm questions

Will bizarro gain weaknesses for cards destroyed by firestorm at the end of the game

Will an Emperor Penguin destroyed by firestorm earn you vps.

If booster gold puts two defense cards under for firestorm well he get +1, +2 or no power for his "+1 per defense" ability?

Mac_Apple
02-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Not so much a rules question as a rules "lol" moment... and curiosity on how the moderators would interpret the moment.

We call card types of the first card of the main deck to decide who goes first. Element Woman is revealed.

Chaos ensues.

Matt_Hyra
02-10-2015, 12:35 PM
A couple firestorm questions

Will bizarro gain weaknesses for cards destroyed by firestorm at the end of the game

Will an Emperor Penguin destroyed by firestorm earn you vps.

If booster gold puts two defense cards under for firestorm well he get +1, +2 or no power for his "+1 per defense" ability?

Bizarro: No. This is in the rulebook, page 15.
E. Penguin: No. Same reason as above.
B. Gold: Two Defense cards on his character card still makes Firestorm only one Defense card = +1 Power.

Matt_Hyra
02-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Not so much a rules question as a rules "lol" moment... and curiosity on how the moderators would interpret the moment.

We call card types of the first card of the main deck to decide who goes first. Element Woman is revealed.

Chaos ensues.

Element Woman only does her thing if you own it or are playing it.
So she's just a Hero while in the Line-Up, main deck, or destroyed pile.

IzzyOtaku
02-10-2015, 01:35 PM
If a card allows you to play a card from the line-up, then return it is it still possible to purchase that card? Or is it unavailable because you are playing it during that turn?
Ex: In Rivals, the Batman 2nd stage card says "Once during each of your turns, if you play a Hero and an Equipment, play a non-Location card from the Line-Up, then return it."
So because I am technically using this card this turn, even if I have the cost requirements met, I cannot purchase the card Im using since it will not be returned to the Line-Up until the end of it? Or can I since it is still technically a Line-Up card?

gerrymul
02-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Typically this is wording dependent for the cards. Some very specifically say to return the card at the end of the turn, which, to my understanding, makes that card unavailable for purchase. Other say to return the card right away, making them eligible for purchase.

aoineko
02-10-2015, 08:17 PM
If a card allows you to play a card from the line-up, then return it is it still possible to purchase that card? Or is it unavailable because you are playing it during that turn?
Ex: In Rivals, the Batman 2nd stage card says "Once during each of your turns, if you play a Hero and an Equipment, play a non-Location card from the Line-Up, then return it."
So because I am technically using this card this turn, even if I have the cost requirements met, I cannot purchase the card Im using since it will not be returned to the Line-Up until the end of it? Or can I since it is still technically a Line-Up card?

Your example does not say "at end of turn." If the effect doesn't say when to return the card, it goes back immediately.

Bomb
02-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Also, it's just about having the option to play them in a non-Crisis mode. We all stared at Aquaman Crisis in competitive play as though he was the worst thing ever until Bizarro was released and he became the ultimate combo piece in Forever Evil (people just scoop once they have 10 or more Weaknesses in their deck along with all their Starter cards).

I have been meaning to get Forever Evil from my FLGS, but just haven't been out to the store lately. So unfortunately, I do not know exactly what Bizzaro does yet.

That being said, considering there are only 20 Weaknesses in the game, how does one person gain 50% of them without destroying any or any of their Starter cards? Or that no one else is taking their fair share of Weaknesses in the game? I mean, you may be playing 1 vs 1 as well, so that would make that previous question moot.

I guess there is some kind of brutal combo with Bizzaro that can be achieved early in a game?

Forgive me for flooding the Q&A thread without an actual rules question from game experience.

You may also be playing variants where you are using

destroth
02-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Hi,

In forever evil most of the superheroes first appearance Attack will results in gaining weakneses... And there is also the bizarro power card that makes u gain a weakness yourself ... So it shouldn't be so difficult to throw those weaknesses at your opponent

Tuner89
02-12-2015, 10:05 AM
If, when mixing sets, I use Shazam!(super power from Hero's Unite) and reveal Firestorm Matrix, deciding to use it's effect to make my revealed card ongoing, where does the Firestorm Matrix go? Is it destroyed because Firestorm Matrix forces it's own destruction, or does it return to the top of the main deck due to Shazam!'s card text? How about if Firestorm Matrix is taken from another player, such as with Starro or Brainiac?

Additionally, if a player uses and attack such as Broadsword, does the attacking player pick their target card from the discard pile before or after the defending player has the opportunity to defend?

destroth
02-12-2015, 10:28 AM
If I am not mistaken I remember reading in the earlier post that the card will be returned to its original position

For broadsword , I believe the attakcer should declare who to attack before actually selecting the card he/she going to destroy ... Then the defender decide to or not to defense... Then only the attacker choose the card to destroy

Matt_Hyra
02-12-2015, 01:53 PM
destroth is correct on both questions!

IAmTheGreat
02-12-2015, 10:16 PM
If the Superhero Bizarro plays Nekron trashing a Steve Trevor, Emperor Penguin and Word of Power is there a specific order you resolve the Nekron draw, Weakness gain and effects of the cards you trashed?

aoineko
02-12-2015, 11:30 PM
If the Superhero Bizarro plays Nekron trashing a Steve Trevor, Emperor Penguin and Word of Power is there a specific order you resolve the Nekron draw, Weakness gain and effects of the cards you trashed?

You fully resolve Nekron and then any effects that trigger off of the destroyed cards are resolved in an order of your choosing.

BenJazz
02-13-2015, 12:12 PM
You fully resolve Nekron and then any effects that trigger off of the destroyed cards are resolved in an order of your choosing.

I feel you would have the effects of the destroyed cards go into effect first since sub-card effects trigger before the initial card is finalized. So, if following the order stated above, you would: Play Nekron, Destroy Steve Trevor, complete effects of Steve Trevor, destroy Emperor Penguin, complete effects of Emperor Penguin, destroy Word of Power, complete effects of Word of Power, then complete draws for Nekrons ending his effect.

Matt_Hyra
02-13-2015, 03:18 PM
I feel you would have the effects of the destroyed cards go into effect first since sub-card effects trigger before the initial card is finalized.

Original rulebook, 2nd paragraph, top of page 10:

"When you play a card that triggers another effect, like on your Super Hero or a Location you
control, fully resolve the card you are playing before resolving any secondary effects triggered by
your card play."

"Another effect" would include a destroy trigger.

BenJazz
02-13-2015, 05:22 PM
OK, I am learning maybe I should stop trying to answer questions... or at least reread the rulebooks every so often lol.

AceF
02-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Sorry if I missed something on this, but we are confused. We were playing the dc:hu game, and I had the locations of New Genesis, Apokolips, and Gotham City. My wife thinks that I can look at the next card, and if it is a hero, villain, or equipment I can keep it, and may discard it after that. But only for one card. I thought I should resolve the cards one at a time in whatever order I choose. So I would look at the next card using New Genesis, discard or draw, then look at the next card under Apokolips and so on. Is there a specific way to resolve this combination of locations? Thank you

AaronH
02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Each location resolves individually, in the order you choose.

Matt_Hyra
02-17-2015, 02:32 AM
Sorry if I missed something on this, but we are confused. We were playing the dc:hu game, and I had the locations of New Genesis, Apokolips, and Gotham City. My wife thinks that I can look at the next card, and if it is a hero, villain, or equipment I can keep it, and may discard it after that. But only for one card. I thought I should resolve the cards one at a time in whatever order I choose. So I would look at the next card using New Genesis, discard or draw, then look at the next card under Apokolips and so on. Is there a specific way to resolve this combination of locations? Thank you

As said above, you choose the order. But you don't have to decide past the current. So if your first Location reveals something that another of your Locations can grab, then you can designate the appropriate Location for the second resolution, as the moment arises.

MStreva89
02-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Matt,

I play Superman Super-Hero card and use 3 destroyed Kicks as my first action for the turn. I have Black Adam and wish to trigger him on one of the Kicks. Since said Kick would be at the bottom of the Main Deck at that time, what would happen?

Matt_Hyra
02-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Matt,

I play Superman Super-Hero card and use 3 destroyed Kicks as my first action for the turn. I have Black Adam and wish to trigger him on one of the Kicks. Since said Kick would be at the bottom of the Main Deck at that time, what would happen?

You cannot destroy something that is not in play, or exactly where the card references. Black Adam does not mention "bottom of deck," so he can't interact with that zone.
So Black Adam can't do his thing to a Kick played in that way.

MStreva89
02-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Matt, on page 1 of this thread you state otherwise. Which would be the correct ruling?

destroth
02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
You cannot destroy something that is not in play, or exactly where the card references. Black Adam does not mention "bottom of deck," so he can't interact with that zone.

Hi Matt, yea in the first page of this thread , you did mention that black Adam ability could be triggered ... What I assume to happen is that a player 1st uses superman superhero and play first a kick from the destroyed pile where black Adam trigger his ability and gain a vp and draw a card, then he continues to play the next two kick , but in the end all 3 kicks are returned to the bottom of the main deck . Could you clarify on this ?

BenJazz
02-17-2015, 09:23 PM

If we are following though the ruling Matt recently clarified on this board of "When you play a card that triggers another effect, like on your Super Hero or a Location you control, fully resolve the card you are playing before resolving any secondary effects triggered by your card play" it would then come down to when the effect of Black Adam could be triggered. I would say under this rule that Superman would fully resolve and place the super powers on the bottom of the deck before Black Adam could be used.

With that clarification, Matt's first response would be incorrect and his new ruling is how it should be played.

The correction for this kind of scenario use to be the first super-power played by Superman is "destroyed" but then returned to the bottom of the deck since the initial condition of Superman returns it there. I remember there was another card combo that did something similar that was discussed in this thread (Batman with Man-Bat Serum when you have 5+ VP tokens) and the card was placed on the bottom of the deck since that was the initial condition.

YAY FOR LEARNING NEW THINGS!

Matt_Hyra
02-18-2015, 01:06 PM
The post on the first page has been corrected. Sometimes I fail to look at the cards, and the question asked didn't remind me about the whole bottom-of-deck thing.

midnight_rider
02-18-2015, 01:41 PM
So for example, if I play Batman (super hero in FE), play Man Bat Serum from the destroyed pile, does it still go the bottom of the main deck even if it would be destroyed?

BenJazz
02-18-2015, 05:50 PM
So for example, if I play Batman (super hero in FE), play Man Bat Serum from the destroyed pile, does it still go the bottom of the main deck even if it would be destroyed?

Yes, it would still go to bottom. The card clarifies that it would be destroyed at the end of turn but since it is placed on the bottom of deck and not in play at the end of turn due to Batman's effect it is left there.

MStreva89
02-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Based on what I've understood with the situations of how cards interact is that if a card is in a common knowledge zone (in-play, Line-Up, discard pile, destroyed pile) then that card can be replaced into another zone according to card effects.

Example 1: A player with Batman (12) uses his effect and plays a Mat Bat Serum from the Line-Up while he has 6 VP. Player then buys said Man Bat Serum from the Line-Up. End of turn, since the Man Bat Serum is in his discard pile and it is common knowledge where it is, Man Bat Serum will be destroyed.

Example 2: A player uses Shazam! Super Power and plays a Man Bat Serum from the top of the deck while he has 6 VP. Player then uses Sonic Siren destroying Batarang and placing Man Bat Serum into the Line-Up. Since the Man Bat Serum he played was from the top of the deck and it is not common knowledge, even though it is now in the Line-Up, the Man Bat Serum he played was not, therefore it will not destroy itself.

If I'm wrong, please correct me Matt or just delete my post. Just trying to clarify things so that I can get my tournaments on the right track.

Matt_Hyra
02-19-2015, 01:47 PM
For those not as keyed in to the DC meta, Batman (12) would be a reference to the 12-cost oversized Batman from RIVALS.

Those look right to me.

BenJazz
02-19-2015, 02:09 PM
The basic understanding is that you cannot destroy something that is not explicitly yours. You may be able to use an effect (such a replaying a card with Magic) but if you don't own it, it will go back to where it belongs.

Matt_Hyra
02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
The basic understanding is that you cannot destroy something that is not explicitly yours. You may be able to use an effect (such a replaying a card with Magic) but if you don't own it, it will go back to where it belongs.

Except with specific cards like Sonic Siren, Broadsword etc. Cards get to break the rules...

MStreva89
02-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Ben, the idea is that cards that have an effect that moves them to another zone only trigger if they are in a visible zone.

MStreva89
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Now I have a pretty specific ruling Matt, correct me if I'm wrong. Brainiac Super-Villain plays a Kick from an opponent's hand, it's the first Super Power of the turn and I wish to trigger Black Adam. Since the Kick doesn't return to the player's hand until end of turn per your ruling, I can use Black Adam on that Kick. End of turn the Kick is visible in the destroyed pile, it would go back to that player's hand, right?

BenJazz
02-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Ben, the idea is that cards that have an effect that moves them to another zone only trigger if they are in a visible zone.

Yes and no. Take Magic and Starro for example. If you play Starro and successfully attack a foe, you force them to discard the top card of their main deck and you can play it. Magic let you replay a card you have already played this turn and then destroy. From previous rules we cannot use Magic on a card Starro plays as it is not in front of you in the "played cards zone" (If that is what we should call it. You can however us Magic on a card that is returned to a different location (such as Emeralds Knight or Granny Goodness) but you are not able to destroy it due to you not having ownership rights/that card returning to the Line-Up after finishing your turn. That is why the full resolve of card effect before secondary effects is important. If a card tells you it goes somewhere other than your play area after you finish its effects, then it restricts certain destroy cards from being able to work on them in full or partial capacity.

BenJazz
02-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Now I have a pretty specific ruling Matt, correct me if I'm wrong. Brainiac Super-Villain plays a Kick from an opponent's hand, it's the first Super Power of the turn and I wish to trigger Black Adam. Since the Kick doesn't return to the player's hand until end of turn per your ruling, I can use Black Adam on that Kick. End of turn the Kick is visible in the destroyed pile, it would go back to that player's hand, right?

No, Brainiac says those card are revealed from the foes hand and you may play them. No on the card or in the rules does it state that the cards played by Brainiac stay in front of you until end of turn so the assumption would be they are immediately returned to the players hand after you complete Brainiac's effects. This ruling plays out that though Black Adam is triggered, you cannot use his effect until after Brainiac completes. Since the Kick is no longer in front of you, you cannot use Black Adam's ability anymore on that Kick or any subsequent Super Powers. Best solution is to play a Super Power from your hand first if you have one you want to destroy.

MStreva89
02-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Matt Hyra ruled that the card played by Brainiac stays in front of you until end of turn (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39488) therefore my question still remains if that is a correct ruling.

As far as you're stating Ben, I'm still correct in my statement regarding destroying cards as Magic specifically states a card you played, therefore since the target is incorrect, doesn't mean that my statement isn't true. I'm talking about targets being correct, then my statement stands where the card must be in a visible zone. Also, because of the nature of Magic and the "in-play zone", you cannot use Magic on a card played via Emerald Knight since you are only able to use Magic/Plastic Man/Clayface, etc. on cards that are part of your "in-play zone" according to Matt Hyra here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39295&p=435633#post435633).

Matt, anything wrong with what I'm stating here?

BenJazz
02-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Matt Hyra ruled that the card played by Brainiac stays in front of you until end of turn (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39488) therefore my question still remains if that is a correct ruling.

As far as you're stating Ben, I'm still correct in my statement regarding destroying cards as Magic specifically states a card you played, therefore since the target is incorrect, doesn't mean that my statement isn't true. I'm talking about targets being correct, then my statement stands where the card must be in a visible zone. Also, because of the nature of Magic and the "in-play zone", you cannot use Magic on a card played via Emerald Knight since you are only able to use Magic/Plastic Man/Clayface, etc. on cards that are part of your "in-play zone" according to Matt Hyra here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39295&p=435633#post435633).

Matt, anything wrong with what I'm stating here?

Oh, I completely missed that ruling on Brainic. You are right then.

As for Emerald Night and Granny Goodness, it specifically states that the played card is returned to the Line-Up at the end of your turn and thus would be in your "in-play zone" just like the card from Brainiac. My confusion was mainly from your use of the term "visible zone" since opponent discard piles are "visible" and public knowledge. This is why I stated the Starro scenario and how you cannot use Magic with it even though you "play" the discarded card.

The issue I might be missing is if when you play Starro do you physically move that card from the foes discard to your "in-play zone" and then return it to the players discard pile afterwards. Matt?

MStreva89
02-20-2015, 11:56 AM
BenJazz brings up a good question to me.

Does Granny Goodness and Emerald Knight place the card they are playing into the "in-play zone" with their effect? They do not state so, simply to remove them from the Line-Up and place them back later. So would they be able to use let's say a Man of Steel, then use Clayface to copy it?

Matt_Hyra
02-20-2015, 12:04 PM

Correct.

Matt_Hyra
02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
The issue I might be missing is if when you play Starro do you physically move that card from the foes discard to your "in-play zone" and then return it to the players discard pile afterwards. Matt?

Yes, though most players don't physically do that. And don't need to 99% of the time. But that is what is happening at an engine level.

Matt_Hyra
02-20-2015, 12:07 PM
BenJazz brings up a good question to me.

Does Granny Goodness and Emerald Knight place the card they are playing into the "in-play zone" with their effect? They do not state so, simply to remove them from the Line-Up and place them back later. So would they be able to use let's say a Man of Steel, then use Clayface to copy it?

They become "in play." They can be Clayfaced.

BenJazz
02-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Yes, though most players don't physically do that. And don't need to 99% of the time. But that is what is happening at an engine level.

Good to know. With more of the Over-sized Character Cards having abilities for cards played it is good to know cards played from other zones stay in your "in-play zone" until end of turn unless otherwise stated. That was always hit or miss for us.

IAmTheGreat
02-21-2015, 03:28 PM
So based on that brainiac ruling if a player has one card in hand which gets played by brainiac, and then they play Bane, that one card won't be discarded?

BenJazz
02-21-2015, 05:18 PM
So based on that brainiac ruling if a player has one card in hand which gets played by brainiac, and then they play Bane, that one card won't be discarded?

I would assume so. If a foe has one card in hand and then plays that card due to Brainiac, then it would be in play and not discardable by Bane.

Matt_Hyra
02-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Correct.

Klazz
02-22-2015, 03:27 AM
I have a resolution question.

Superman's power says +1 power for each different superpower you play during your turn.

When I am defeating something or buying an equipment card for example do I resolve his power prior to the defeat or after?

The way I'm thinking about it is like this. It doesn't resolve until you PLAY a superpower card. So I'm using a kick and 3 punches to buy/defeat a 5 cost card but I don't technically play the kick until I buy the card which then would be too late to add the extra power to that buy/defeat so I'd have an extra power once I've resolved the purchase.

Hope that makes sense. Blame MTG for my question.

AaronH
02-22-2015, 04:39 AM
You get the extra power as soon as you play the card. You can't make a purchase "in between" playing the Kick and getting Superman's +1, it's an immediate effect of the card being played. So in that scenario (Kick and 3 Punches) you would have 6 Power to make your purchase.

midnight_rider
02-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Robin is my Super Hero and I play Royal Flush Gang. Can I draw one card AND grab an Equipment from my discard pile, or do I not draw cards at all? I assume I can do one of each, but just want to make sure. Thanks.

aoineko
02-22-2015, 10:54 AM
I have a resolution question.

Superman's power says +1 power for each different superpower you play during your turn.

When I am defeating something or buying an equipment card for example do I resolve his power prior to the defeat or after?

The way I'm thinking about it is like this. It doesn't resolve until you PLAY a superpower card. So I'm using a kick and 3 punches to buy/defeat a 5 cost card but I don't technically play the kick until I buy the card which then would be too late to add the extra power to that buy/defeat so I'd have an extra power once I've resolved the purchase.

Hope that makes sense. Blame MTG for my question.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding on how this game works. You play cards from your hand one at a time and resolve their effects individually. You also resolve any effects that trigger off of playing the card before you can play another card or buy a card. Anytime during your turn, you can spend any amount of the Power you have currently generated to purchase a card.

aoineko
02-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Robin is my Super Hero and I play Royal Flush Gang. Can I draw one card AND grab an Equipment from my discard pile, or do I not draw cards at all? I assume I can do one of each, but just want to make sure. Thanks.

You only skip drawing one card. So, if you choose to use Robin's effect, you return an Equipment, draw a card, and don't forget you still have to discard two cards for Royal Flush Gang's effect.

Tuner89
02-22-2015, 03:20 PM
If my character is Batman (12) from the rivals set and I play a Plastic Man card, copying an equipment from my discard pile, would that cause Batman's ability to activate since Plastic Man is now 'also an equipment card'?

Similarly, would Element Woman instantly trigger Batman's ability, as well as both abilities from Cyborg(first set), or multiple locations from the first set?

BenJazz
02-22-2015, 04:43 PM
If my character is Batman (12) from the rivals set and I play a Plastic Man card, copying an equipment from my discard pile, would that cause Batman's ability to activate since Plastic Man is now 'also an equipment card'?

Similarly, would Element Woman instantly trigger Batman's ability, as well as both abilities from Cyborg(first set), or multiple locations from the first set?

Yes, I would believe all the scenarios you mentioned would trigger with Plastic Man and Element Woman since there is not a distinction for separate cards with types.

aoineko
02-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Element Woman works. Plastic Man currently works, but he won't if you're playing with the new text in Crisis 2.

Tuner89
02-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Element Woman works. Plastic Man currently works, but he won't if you're playing with the new text in Crisis 2.

What is Plastic Man's errata'd text? I could only find Kyle Rayner's new text, but I couldn't find what Plastic Man's new text will be.

midnight_rider
02-23-2015, 05:54 AM
What is Plastic Man's errata'd text? I could only find Kyle Rayner's new text, but I couldn't find what Plastic Man's new text will be.

Choose an Equipment in your discard pile or that you played this turn. Plastic Man gains the game text of that card this turn.

MStreva89
02-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Matt, couple of questions here:

1) If I use Firestorm and the top card of my deck is Man Bat Serum while I have 6 VPs, would Firestorm destroy itself at the end of turn due to the game text of Man Bat Serum? My assumption is yes, but want a solid answer.

2) For Bizarro (Character), does it count as him destroying a card if Wonder Woman Crisis (http://www.cryptozoic.com/sites/default/files/uploads/files/wonder_woman_750_tall.jpg) targets him to destroy a Vulnerability, would he gain the Weakness? What about Super-Villains/Heroes telling him to destroy a card, would he gain a Weakness then?

aoineko
02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Matt, couple of questions here:

1) If I use Firestorm and the top card of my deck is Man Bat Serum while I have 6 VPs, would Firestorm destroy itself at the end of turn due to the game text of Man Bat Serum? My assumption is yes, but want a solid answer.

2) For Bizarro (Character), does it count as him destroying a card if Wonder Woman Crisis (http://www.cryptozoic.com/sites/default/files/uploads/files/wonder_woman_750_tall.jpg) targets him to destroy a Vulnerability, would he gain the Weakness? What about Super-Villains/Heroes telling him to destroy a card, would he gain a Weakness then?

1) Yes

2) Yes. Usually the person that actually chooses the card to destroy is the one that destroyed it.

Element_Man101
02-23-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm playing as Animal Man (oversized hero card) and play Element Woman. Does that give me access to Animal Man's +2 for playing 3 or more different card types since Element Woman is considered to be a hero, equipment, villain, and super power?

Matt_Hyra
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm playing as Animal Man (oversized hero card) and play Element Woman. Does that give me access to Animal Man's +2 for playing 3 or more different card types since Element Woman is considered to be a hero, equipment, villain, and super power?

Yes

Elementalist15
02-25-2015, 10:57 AM
I have a few questions regarding Bane, Black Adam and firestorm matrix

1. In double hero mode, if the first card you play is a super power can you use Bane and Black Adam's effects together? I'm assuming no.
2. If i remember correctly you cannot destroy cards your opponents own unless its in the specific text of the card like broadsword. The card just returns to where it was before. So if you use your opponents card through abilities like Brainiac, Starro or White Lantern Deadman(in double hero mode) and you try to use Bane or Black Adam's effects with it will you still get the bonus even if the card would not end up destroyed?
3. When using a firestorm matrix you don't own in the line up (Emerald Knight, Batman(12)), or from the top of the main deck (Shazam!) and you choose to make the card you played ongoing does the matrix get destroyed or returned to it's original place?
4. If you use an opponent's firestom matrix do you even have the option to make the card you play ongoing since firestorm matrix won't be destroyed?

Thanks in advanced, sorry if these have been asked already.

MStreva89
02-25-2015, 11:35 AM
1) You cannot use Black Adam and Bane on the same card as only one would get to destroy the card, thus the other would not be able to fully resolve.

2) The only circumstance of you being able to destroy a card your opponent controls with Black Adam properly is if you use an effect that plays the Super Power in question and does not return it back to the owner until the end of turn (ex. Brainiac). Bane can never be used in this sense as all effects that would allow you to do so are cards and thus would be played prior to the other card resolving (ex. Brainiac playing their Kick, Brainiac would be the card that Bane can destroy).

3) From the Line-Up, I'm fairly certain you can destroy it and make the card Ongoing, as far as Shazam! [Super Power] or Joker (12) using Firestorm Matrix, that's a good question. Matt?

4) With Brainiac the answer is definitely yes, for any other card doing such I would say that's another good question. Matt?

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 11:45 AM
1. No
2. You can destroy them and get the rewards, but they return, except for Broadsword and other things where hostile destruction is the intent. Note that Bane can only destroy the first card you play.
3. The FM returns as the Emerald Knight/Batman says to put it back at end of turn. The only exception is if the card is no longer in a visible zone. If the card is on the bottom of a deck or shuffled in, you don't go hunting for it.
4. You do, actually. It is temporarily destroyed.

MStreva89
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
3. Yes, as the Emerald Knight/Batman says to put it back at end of turn. The only exception is if the card is no longer in a visible zone. If the card is on the bottom of a deck or shuffled in, you don't go hunting for it.

Matt, in regards to this ruling, for Joker (12) or Shazam!, since Firestorm Matrix resolves the destruction of it during it's own card effect, that would mean it could be destroyed when used by one of those sources and then after that effect has resolved it would be placed back to the top of the main deck, right?

Just looking for clarification as that would make cards like White Lantern Deadman or Joker (12) much better in Forever Evil game play.

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 01:12 PM
Matt, in regards to this ruling, for Joker (12) or Shazam!, since Firestorm Matrix resolves the destruction of it during it's own card effect, that would mean it could be destroyed when used by one of those sources and then after that effect has resolved it would be placed back to the top of the main deck, right?

Just looking for clarification as that would make cards like White Lantern Deadman or Joker (12) much better in Forever Evil game play.

Amended my answer to be more clear, as it wasn't really a yes/no question. After resolving/destroying the FM, you put it back from whence it came at the time indicated on the card that is allowing you to play the FM.

vbui0803
02-25-2015, 02:19 PM
My question is when playing with two superheroes namely green arrow and batgirl.. If you discard one punch card would you trigger both effects or only one of superheroes?

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 02:58 PM
My question is when playing with two superheroes namely green arrow and batgirl.. If you discard one punch card would you trigger both effects or only one of superheroes?

Each ability requires its own discard.

Tuner89
02-25-2015, 03:50 PM
4. You do, actually. It is temporarily destroyed.

This made me think of a hypothetical scenario... If I get my opponent's Firestorm Matrix, or one from the line-up, or top of the deck, using an ability that lends me the card until the end of the turn and use its ability to destroy it, making my card ongoing, can I play the Hades super-villain to gain it from the destroyed pile since it's now destroyed until the end of my turn? If so, what happens to it after my turn is over?

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 04:51 PM
This made me think of a hypothetical scenario... If I get my opponent's Firestorm Matrix, or one from the line-up, or top of the deck, using an ability that lends me the card until the end of the turn and use its ability to destroy it, making my card ongoing, can I play the Hades super-villain to gain it from the destroyed pile since it's now destroyed until the end of my turn? If so, what happens to it after my turn is over?

Yes, Hades can gain it. If the FM is in your discard pile when its return trigger resolves, it goes back.
If it's in your deck at that time, you keep it.

Saucypeppers
02-25-2015, 10:59 PM
My question is about the power of Green Lantern:

"If you play three or more cards with different names and cost 1 or more during your turn.+3 Power."

Does a Location card count towards the three cards?

Thanks,
Saucypeppers

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 11:24 PM
My question is about the power of Green Lantern:

"If you play three or more cards with different names and cost 1 or more during your turn.+3 Power."

Does a Location card count towards the three cards?

Thanks,
Saucypeppers

Yes, in the turn that you first play the Location only.

Saucypeppers
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes, in the turn that you first play the Location only.

So it doesn't count towards it if you use the power of the location card after it is already laid down? This is what I thought because it is considered as "ongoing" correct?

aoineko
02-26-2015, 10:49 AM
So it doesn't count towards it if you use the power of the location card after it is already laid down? This is what I thought because it is considered as "ongoing" correct?

Using a Location's effect is not the same as playing it. Playing a card puts it into play. A Location has to already be in play to use it's ongoing effect.

clique84
02-27-2015, 08:14 AM
I have what I hope is not a dumb question:
Using the Crisis Impossible Mode Supervillains in a “regular” game of DC: do you use the stack ongoing effects? (ex: Ras al Ghul adding a card to the lineup if you buy a kick, Sinestro’s cost +1 per hero, etc)

IndyBart
02-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Crisis 2 Question: Black Canary's card allows her to keep villain cards she buys from the line-up instead of destroying them. One of the Crisis cards takes one of the unused super-villain cards and add it to the line-up. The crisis goes away when the super-villain is defeated. If Black Canary is the one to defeat the super-villain, can she keep the card?

aoineko
02-27-2015, 10:13 AM
I have what I hope is not a dumb question:
Using the Crisis Impossible Mode Supervillains in a “regular” game of DC: do you use the stack ongoing effects? (ex: Ras al Ghul adding a card to the lineup if you buy a kick, Sinestro’s cost +1 per hero, etc)

Yes.

aoineko
02-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Crisis 2 Question: Black Canary's card allows her to keep villain cards she buys from the line-up instead of destroying them. One of the Crisis cards takes one of the unused super-villain cards and add it to the line-up. The crisis goes away when the super-villain is defeated. If Black Canary is the one to defeat the super-villain, can she keep the card?

Super-Villains are removed from the game. There is no destruction event for her effect to replace.

BenJazz
02-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Alright. I have a couple of questions about Crisis 2 after me and a couple of friends played a few game. SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED CRISIS 2.

1) This is a more general question but it came up when we were playing due to a number of the new main deck cards. Can Deadman use his ability to destroy himself? It says his effect triggers when he is bought or gained which means he would be in the discard pile unless he is kept out until the effect fully resolves.

2)For the Rise of the Dead crisis card, are the cards used to beat the card destroyed or removed from game? We were a little unsure due to the ongoing effect of the card itself and when that effect fully resolved when being beaten.

3) For Red Lantern Supergirl in a Crisis game, does here text trigger when you or another player buys a villain and it is destroyed from the Line-Up? What we are basically clarifying is whether the player is destroying the card or if the "mechanic" of the crisis game destroys it.

4) For the Draining the Emotional Spectrum crisis card, for the discarded card from a players hand is a Weakness a valid card to compare to the Line-Up? We know that with the Star Sapphire Power Ring Weakness does not count as a type and we wanted to see if it was a similar scenario where if a Weakness is discarded the crisis could not be beat.

5) For Crisis Nekron, do the Super-Villain cards placed in front of the players count as "in-play" and thus why they must be defeated before Crisis Nekron can be defeated? We didn't know if this was the case or if it was purely just the Ongoing requirement that each player defeat their Super-Villain before Crisis Nekron can be defeated. Also, is the text under the Ongoing section part of the Ongoing text section? That might be where our confusion is coming from.

That's all we got for now. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

aoineko
02-28-2015, 09:39 PM
1) Yes, Deadman can destroy himself.

2) You have to destroy the cards to beat Rise of the Dead. So, Rise of the Dead is still active when you destroy those cards. So, they will end up getting removed from the game by Rise of the Dead's effect.

3) The player destroys the card. So, it wold trigger Red Lantern Supergirl.

4) Weakness cards work.

5) All of the cards face-up in front of you are in play. So, yes, the resurrected Super-Villain is in play. Yes, everything after Ongoing on a card is part of the Ongoing effect.

Hope that helps!

JesseSqll
03-01-2015, 08:52 PM
If I am using Star Sapphire and I have Batcave in play. When I play my first equipment, am I allowed to trigger Sapphire's effect first to look at the top? Or do I have to draw from Batcave first?

aoineko
03-01-2015, 10:20 PM
If I am using Star Sapphire and I have Batcave in play. When I play my first equipment, am I allowed to trigger Sapphire's effect first to look at the top? Or do I have to draw from Batcave first?

You resolve effects that trigger off of playing a card in whatever order you want. So, yes, you can look at the card before drawing.

gerrymul
03-03-2015, 11:21 AM
In the new Crisis 2, the Hero card Indigo Tribe (I think that's the one) turns all villains in your hand, discard pile and the lineup into heroes until the end of your turn - would that mean if you bought or gained a villain in the lineup they would not be destroyed?

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2015, 11:24 AM
In the new Crisis 2, the Hero card Indigo Tribe (I think that's the one) turns all villains in your hand, discard pile and the lineup into heroes until the end of your turn - would that mean if you bought or gained a villain in the lineup they would not be destroyed?

Indeed, it would not be a Villain at that moment... so it is not destroyed!

CaptainNipples
03-03-2015, 11:28 AM
So Crisis Nekron gives us all Super Villians, do we have to beat them first before we can beat the Crisis?

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2015, 01:33 PM
So Crisis Nekron gives us all Super Villians, do we have to beat them first before we can beat the Crisis?

No.
Crisis cards only demand that the Line-Up be cleared of Villains. These are not in the Line-Up.

Tuner89
03-03-2015, 02:57 PM
I forgot the exact name of the card, but I think it was Demonic Summoning crisis from the new set... The one where it brings all 6-cost cards from the destroyed pile and puts them into the line up, my group was confused on the wording to beat the crisis. Does each player need to destroy three 6-cost cards, or do we just need to come up with three 6-cost cards between all of us?

aoineko
03-03-2015, 05:26 PM
I forgot the exact name of the card, but I think it was Demonic Summoning crisis from the new set... The one where it brings all 6-cost cards from the destroyed pile and puts them into the line up, my group was confused on the wording to beat the crisis. Does each player need to destroy three 6-cost cards, or do we just need to come up with three 6-cost cards between all of us?

Three cards total. They can be from one player or any combination of players.

Mac_Apple
03-05-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm very confused on Black Lantern Blue Beetle. His first line says each foe discards a Defense (this is not part of the Attack: line, thus cannot be defended against, similar to Joker or Braniac). But then his actual Attack: reads (something like) "Each foe discards all Defense cards in their hands and in play."

If you still have a Defense card, can't you always defend against this attack, thus making it pointless in almost every situation? Am I missing something, or misunderstanding a mechanic of the Cerberus engine? I feel like the Attack should read like some of the Super-Villains, where "This Attack cannot be defended against".

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm very confused on Black Lantern Blue Beetle. His first line says each foe discards a Defense (this is not part of the Attack: line, thus cannot be defended against, similar to Joker or Braniac). But then his actual Attack: reads (something like) "Each foe discards all Defense cards in their hands and in play."

If you still have a Defense card, can't you always defend against this attack, thus making it pointless in almost every situation? Am I missing something, or misunderstanding a mechanic of the Cerberus engine? I feel like the Attack should read like some of the Super-Villains, where "This Attack cannot be defended against".

Yes, if you have a 2nd Defense card you can always defend. That's the point. The card is forcing you to lose a lot of Defenses.

To disallow Defenses altogether (your example) would be a different beast. Blue Beetle allows you to resolve a Defense (if you have 2 or more).

Tuner89
03-06-2015, 01:23 AM
Two questions that came up in my group now that we started playing competitive matches with the new crisis set...

1) When playing the equipment, Skull of Batman, is it's effect mandatory? If there is a whirlwind in the destruction pile, and nothing else, and there are copies of Whirlwind on the line-up, do I have to gain that copy, or can I chose not to?

2) My group was confused on how Crisis Black Adam works. The way we interpreted it is that when you play it, the top card of every player's deck, including the player playing Black Adam, and the main deck, is revealed, and the player playing Black Adam gains one of those cards, even if it's stolen from another player. The original owner of the card doesn't get it back. Is that correct, or would the original owner of a card that Black Adam takes have their card returned if it ends in a public location, or are we just playing this card wrong all together?

aoineko
03-06-2015, 01:30 AM
1) When playing the equipment, Skull of Batman, is it's effect mandatory? If there is a whirlwind in the destruction pile, and nothing else, and there are copies of Whirlwind on the line-up, do I have to gain that copy, or can I chose not to?

2) My group was confused on how Crisis Black Adam works. The way we interpreted it is that when you play it, the top card of every player's deck, including the player playing Black Adam, and the main deck, is revealed, and the player playing Black Adam gains one of those cards, even if it's stolen from another player. The original owner of the card doesn't get it back. Is that correct, or would the original owner of a card that Black Adam takes have their card returned if it ends in a public location, or are we just playing this card wrong all together?

1) Skull of Batman doesn't say may. So, the gain effect is mandatory.

2) You're playing it right. If you get a card from another player's deck, you keep it. He can be devastating.

Tuner89
03-06-2015, 08:36 PM
1) Skull of Batman doesn't say may. So, the gain effect is mandatory.

What if, in the same scenario, there's another destroyed card, like a punch or black lantern blue beetle with no copies in the line up in addition to the whirlwind with copies. Skull of batman says to choose a card, so can I choose punch or black lantern blue beetle instead of the whirlwind so I don't have to gain it?

aoineko
03-07-2015, 02:01 AM
My copy doesn't say choose.

Vaughnilla619
03-10-2015, 07:46 AM
U can always just not play the card ��

destroth
03-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi would like to know for possession super power, will the player get to defense against their own Attack ?

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi would like to know for possession super power, will the player get to defense against their own Attack ?

Yes

IAmTheGreat
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
If frozen city is active and cards are face down can they be replaced with cards like sonic siren

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2015, 08:08 PM
If frozen city is active and cards are face down can they be replaced with cards like sonic siren

Yes