PDA

View Full Version : HEX Hotfix - 12/16/14 6AM PST

Phenteo
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM
HEXers!

Hotfix tomorrow morning at 6AM PST. Read the post for more details: https://hextcg.com/hotfix-121614-6am-pst/

ThrawnOmega
12-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Will there be notes on what is fixed? "some outstanding issues" is super vague. Are we talking card interaction type items like the Spy, or is this behind-the-scenes technical stuff, like lag / tournament reconnect issues?

Just curious, my experience has been mostly great since the patch.

Aradon
12-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Usually those sorts of notes are posted with the beginning of the downtime, with this sort of update serving only as advance notice of the tournament & server disruption.

So yes, I'd expect we'll get notes sometime in the morning.

Phenteo
12-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Notes will be posted as the servers go down, as Aradon has stated. ;)

Galanthein
12-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks for this fix but can't say i am lucky !

Took a day off today and this maintenance will be right in the middle of the afternoon here (3 PM)

I'll catch up later tonight ;)

ossuary
12-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Phenteo,

Any word on whether or not Set 2 tournament prize packs proccing Set 1 primal packs has been fixed?

And how about Blood shin'hare troops creating Wild battle hoppers instead of Blood ones? (Wretched Wrangler, for example)

Warrender
12-16-2014, 07:11 AM
"Angel of Dawn and tunneled troops can now be interrupted"

Nice!

ossuary
12-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh, that reminds me. What about responding to tunneled troops? They have comes into play abilities that go on the chain, but we can't respond to those being on the chain, we just have to pass priority. Is that also being fixed with making them interruptible? Will we get a real priority stop / response opportunity when they enter play and add an enters play effect to the chain?

Phenteo
12-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Phenteo,

Any word on whether or not Set 2 tournament prize packs proccing Set 1 primal packs has been fixed?
This hotfix resolves the issue, yes.

And how about Blood shin'hare troops creating Wild battle hoppers instead of Blood ones? (Wretched Wrangler, for example)
I do not think this is resolved in this hotfix.

On a side note, you can read the hotfix notes here: https://hextcg.com/hotfix-notes-121614/ You might be able to answer some of your own questions. ;)

ossuary
12-16-2014, 07:28 AM
I read them. Those points weren't specifically covered. :)

The notes talk about proccing a primal when you enter a tournament with a pack already purchased, they don't mention the prizes incorrectly proccing set 1 primals instead of set 2 primals (which was especially easy to notice over the weekend, when all packs were set 2!).

N3rd4Christ
12-16-2014, 07:29 AM
You mean I was supposed to get a set 2 primal when I got a set one in my 1-1 draft... Just realized that :P

Oh well too late

Incindium
12-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Troops that transform into actions now properly revert prior to the transformation

Why would they revert unless the text on the cards is changed to revert and transform. if I have a Mentor of the Flames with Lifedrain and he dies that Burn should retain Lifedrain in my opinion.

Warrender
12-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Explanation here:

https://hextcg.com/transformation-nation-2/

Incindium
12-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Yeah I just started reading that and see Ben has an explanation why they made the change.

Tarquin
12-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I hope this fixed the bug that I can't play match 2 and 3 in tournaments :)

bootlace
12-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Please fix Grave Nibbler, he cant be buffed or debuffed.

Gaeas
12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Stuck @ Sideboard-Bug is still there... cant play with this.

Redbrand
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I still can't see 3 of my mercenaries in the stash. Just empty spaces without a tool tip. I can only see them in the stash when creating an auction. And in that stash they have a piece of equipment as their icon. This is still true after I did a repair install.

Corevas
12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Brosi Buk still missing from my stash :(

Vorsa
12-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Ah; glad to hear not just me with the mercenary problems then - had me worried!

nicosharp
12-16-2014, 04:25 PM
So you fix the spy, but there still is the Canyon Scout that was bugged. Did that get fixed as well?

Lukezors
12-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Also confirming that my set 1 mercs are not visible in the stash. My set 2 merc is though.

Aradon
12-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Same. Set 1 mercs not in stash. I have a blank spot for my 9 Ashahsas, but missing Puck and maybe the other merc, which I thought I got. Set 2 merc is visible.

Cernz
12-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Same. Set 1 mercs not in stash. I have a blank spot for my 9 Ashahsas, but missing Puck and maybe the other merc, which I thought I got. Set 2 merc is visible.

same here, only see an empty ashahsas square + puck / flamehead are missing :(

nickon
12-17-2014, 04:07 AM

I myself had problems with getting redirected to the actual game (you know, coinflip screen followed by the board state). It happened to me in several phases of the game, not only during sideboarding. For instance, right after card picking and deck building not launching game 1. Or after winning game 1, getting stuck in the lobby not launching game 2.

When I read

Fixed an issue where players were not correctly removed from prior games and would cause them to prematurely lose subsequent games I hope the issue I'm explaining has been adressed?

I had been lacing up several tournaments in a row though during release celebration... Dunno if it is related... Think I'll have to put some 2-2-1 drafts in this week to see if I still encounter this issue!

Xenavire
12-17-2014, 07:34 AM
I myself had problems with getting redirected to the actual game (you know, coinflip screen followed by the board state). It happened to me in several phases of the game, not only during sideboarding. For instance, right after card picking and deck building not launching game 1. Or after winning game 1, getting stuck in the lobby not launching game 2.

When I read
I hope the issue I'm explaining has been adressed?

I had been lacing up several tournaments in a row though during release celebration... Dunno if it is related... Think I'll have to put some 2-2-1 drafts in this week to see if I still encounter this issue!

I encountered this bug last night after the hotfix. I don't believe it is fixed, but individual players may find it is fixed (based on the wording, at least some things should be fixed, just not all of it.)

Glae
12-17-2014, 06:48 PM

Thanks for saying this. It sucks you got it again, but I really appreciate the heads up. I'm waiting to play tournaments until this bug was resolved. Did not have a good time this weekend thanks to that bug.

nickon
12-18-2014, 09:09 AM
I actually filed a support ticket for it during the release celebration weekend, also asking if this issue was known by the development team and if they resolved it or are working on resolving it. This is the reply I got (I can't really deduce much from it...)

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support and I'm sorry for the delay in this response. I've now been able to refund you for this tournament and as for the questions, this is known my the development team and is not a bug as it was designed to be like this. However, they're also aware that the timer that keeps users offline is too long right now and are working on improving this.

For reference, my ticket was formulated as

When playing in release celebration comp. draft tournament 406-509 today, I got stuck in the lobby right when the tournament fired off. To get into the picking fase, I needed to reconnect (even faced with the known 'Duplicate login' issue that seems to be still in the game) and hence missing out on my first (crucial) picks of that draft.

I've reported one other ticket already concerning this issue (altough I faced it several times during the release celebration weekend), where I was faced with being stuck in the lobby during several of the phases in the tournament cycle (when starting picking, when starting a game against my opponent, when coming out of or going to the reserves, ...). I probably don't need to emphasize that this is a really annoying, gameplay affecting issue for me.

So, could you please also provide me with some insight on:
1) if this is a known issue for the development team?
2) are they working on a solution for this issue?

Let me know if I can provide you with any additional information you might need. Screenshots of the issue specifically for this ticket are attached.