PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical Dimensionalist - Spoiler

nicosharp
12-16-2014, 10:42 AM
[Quote]One of these days, you’ll still be able to play “Target action gets “when you play this, copy it three times”” targeting your Burn, then transform it into a Ruby Shard with Alchemical Dimensionalist, and then bypass the resource rule on turn 4 three times and that crazy tri-shard Wild Root Dancer[Quote]

Discuss - :)

Sounds like a troop - possibly with a one-shot ability: "When you play an action, turn it into a ruby shard and play it instead."

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I dunno, it seems more like "[1-SHOT]->Transform target card into your hand a standard resource that shares a threshold with the target."

Probably more wordy, and excluding artifacts, and possibly only for ruby. But I think it sounds pretty awesome.

nicosharp
12-16-2014, 10:50 AM
It's either a 1 or a 2 drop. It's Ruby or potentially sapphire.
He mentions tri-shard as the ability to play burn 3 times is likely a sapphire card. Wild Root Dancer is obviously wild. Burn is obviously Ruby.

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah, one of the cards are definitely saph, unless ruby gets the multi-cast (they did spoil a 'Fork' like effect back in the KS IIRC... Overcharge I think?)

nicosharp
12-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah, one of the cards are definitely saph, unless ruby gets the multi-cast (they did spoil a 'Fork' like effect back in the KS IIRC... Overcharge I think?)

If so, that would mean this is only feasible in PvE. Which would make perfect sense.

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 11:00 AM
If so, that would mean this is only feasible in PvE. Which would make perfect sense.

Yeah, I never thought this would be a PvP combo. Ben is teasing Arena things, perhaps? :p

Slish
12-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Who is he? And where does this quote come from?

SacrificialToast
12-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Ben Stoll is the lead TCG designer on Hex. He posted an article on the main site. https://hextcg.com/transformation-nation-2/

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 03:34 PM
It would be even better if he just made up the name while he was writing the article to get a 100 page thread discussing what it might be... ;)

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 03:36 PM
It would be even better if he just made up the name while he was writing the article to get a 100 page thread discussing what it might be... ;)

I could actually believe he would do that. :D He does seem to be quite the joker, that Uniben.

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I could actually believe he would do that. :D He does seem to be quite the joker, that Uniben.

Oh, I am 100% convinced it would just be the sort of thing that would happen. ;)

However, given past history, if it wasn't already a card it probably will be one now. ;) Fish Hands v2.0!

Zomnivore
12-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Well I know the card will come out at about the same time as the Minotaur Rogue disguised as a Shin'hare.

3cost
2 ruby threshold

Bun-horn Sensei

Shin'hare Minotaur Rogue, Unique

"Whenever a Minotaur would enter play tunnel it for free it gets "Shin'hare" text and the "Badly Disguised" keyword "

"Badly Disguised"

When this troop takes damage remove "Shin'Hare".

Crush

4/2 body

B)

Dream.

BenStoll
12-16-2014, 04:37 PM
lolz this thread makes me happy ;D ;D ;D

PureVapes
12-16-2014, 05:35 PM
[Quote]One of these days, you’ll still be able to play “Target action gets “when you play this, copy it three times”” targeting your Burn, then transform it into a Ruby Shard with Alchemical Dimensionalist, and then bypass the resource rule on turn 4 three times and that crazy tri-shard Wild Root Dancer[Quote]

Discuss - :)

Sounds like a troop - possibly with a one-shot ability: "When you play an action, turn it into a ruby shard and play it instead."

The tri-shard part was a hint that Alchemical Dimensionalist is not ruby or wild because Burn and Wild Root Dancer already are. The ability probably reads something like "Cost -> Transform target card in your hand into a standard resource that can provide a threshold for that card." Most likely a sapphire troop.

YourOpponent
12-16-2014, 11:05 PM
But the main thing about alchemy is equivalent exchange....so what is happening in return?

Also if we are getting alchemy does that mean we can see a homunculus soon? I hope so and need to rewatch all of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood now!

vickrpg
12-17-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm hoping for a legendary rarity creature with a constant effect. "Whenever you play an action, transform it into a shard present in that action's cost and put it into your hand"
Sapphire maybe. The perfect complement to Wrenlocke and Naiad.