PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Alternate Arts

Mokog
12-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Howdy Hexers!

I think alternate art cards are fun and awesome. They provide exclusivity, create some history and add to the world building of Entrath with each new art piece. Some may have noticed that Champions when reflected outside of the client are done as cards, very reminiscent to the WoWTCG. That made me think, what if we had alternate art champions? What would be a good way to get those alt art champions? Does anyone else like the idea of alt art champions? What amount animated champions?

Trothael
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I'd love AA Champs. They could be a reward for getting so far in the Arena with a particular champion.

Pezzle
12-16-2014, 02:47 PM
unlock new art as they level. Done.

ossuary
12-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Many may not remember this, but this was actually in the plan for champions during at least one point in development:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/446/264/8d46b7229212a6a24c4fa01689419b37_large.jpg?1363318 855

Some may recognize the pictured elf as a champion you couldn't actually play as during alpha, but who would show up as your champion in the background when an AI match failed to start! Clearly the above images have to do with the PVE aspect of the game (the Kickstarter showed this image when talking about the MMO portion of the game), but I see no reason why that same logic couldn't be applied to the PVP champions as well.

Maybe we could get achievements or experience on our accounts for using those champions and unlock upgraded images for them just like we do with cards. Or maybe the alt art champions could be found in treasure chests like some of the other exclusive stuff. Maybe they could even give them away as vanity prizes for big milestone events / tournaments, so people will know you were there and participated.

It's definitely fun to think about. :)

Zomnivore
12-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I think this might be a thing for PVE and stuff, so I don't see why not.

If people think its cool enough, then if they generate the content as a reward and people like it, thats one more possible thing people could be trading on, and fighting over.

Why not eh, down the road.