PDA

View Full Version : A Dc Variant.

Envoyofduels
12-18-2014, 06:22 PM
I was thinking of a new variant.

Game is normal, but you start with the super-hero/villain(non-Impossible Mode) version of who you take on top of your Hero/villain card that others can attack. IE: I am playing as The Flash so before we select the villain deck I take The flash card on put it on my character's card. I can not attack it myself but others can:
1. It would be considered an attack, so it can be defended. If it is, the person who is attacking still have points. However, if the card you failed to capture has a 1st appearance attack, it will attack you back after you after you draw your hand.
2. At the end of the game if no one captures your Super-Hero/Villain then it will count towards your VP total.
3. If you are playing as someone who does not have a Super version of them IE Robin, Red tornado, Bane then one will be randomly given to you of the same allegiance(non-Impossible mode). IE I got Robin so I will randomly get a different Super Hero randomly given to me once every one got theirs.

I plan on adding in confrontations down the line.

Any other suggestions?

Mac_Apple
12-21-2014, 01:49 PM
When you defeat the Super Hero, do you gain it?

Envoyofduels
12-21-2014, 03:19 PM
When you defeat the Super Hero, do you gain it?

Hero if your playing with heroes/villain if your playing with villains and yes.

Arrojacast
04-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I was thinking of a new variant.

Game is normal, but you start with the super-hero/villain(non-Impossible Mode) version of who you take on top of your Hero/villain card that others can attack. IE: I am playing as The Flash so before we select the villain deck I take The flash card on put it on my character's card. I can not attack it myself but others can:
1. It would be considered an attack, so it can be defended. If it is, the person who is attacking still have points. However, if the card you failed to capture has a 1st appearance attack, it will attack you back after you after you draw your hand.
2. At the end of the game if no one captures your Super-Hero/Villain then it will count towards your VP total.
3. If you are playing as someone who does not have a Super version of them IE Robin, Red tornado, Bane then one will be randomly given to you of the same allegiance(non-Impossible mode). IE I got Robin so I will randomly get a different Super Hero randomly given to me once every one got theirs.

I plan on adding in confrontations down the line.

Any other suggestions?
Well, now I know what I am doing the next time I play.

Arrojacast
04-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Just finished a 4-player game with the added rule that if your hero/villain is defeated, you also lose your power (for eg., after Black Adam beat Green Lantern's card, he both took it and flipped the over sized version under it (this would not happen to someone with a set-up hero/villain card because that would be to big a punishment because they have a lower power and no FAA). In the end, I as Sinestro won and was the only one undefeated (I only beet Black Adam and SHAZAM!, as in the example, Black Adam beet Green Lantern for me) Overall I think it is a great game mode idea. (btw, I was using the FE main deck with the crisis 2 cards mixed in)

TanisFrey
04-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Just finished a 4-player game with the added rule that if your hero/villain is defeated, you also lose your power (for eg., after Black Adam beat Green Lantern's card, he both took it and flipped the over sized version under it (this would not happen to someone with a set-up hero/villain card because that would be to big a punishment because they have a lower power and no FAA). In the end, I as Sinestro won and was the only one undefeated (I only beet Black Adam and SHAZAM!, as in the example, Black Adam beet Green Lantern for me) Overall I think it is a great game mode idea. (btw, I was using the FE main deck with the crisis 2 cards mixed in)
This is a good way if you are going to mix in Rivals. It gives everyone a cost for a confrontation.

theLyght4
04-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Love this idea & would like to incorporate it. I've been working on custom cards, new mechanics & variations for the game myself

I look forward to your ideas about confrontations. I've written rules based on what you wrote, 1. to make some suggestions & 2. to ask questions & clarifications

There are LOTs of "Options" a. , b., or c. etc. I bolded what I'd prefer, but opened it for clarifications & opinions

*occasionally revising*
-----------
Player Nemesis Variant/Nemesis Play Variant - just a suggestion
I use "Nemesis" & "Nemesis Stack" to refer to both Super-Villains & Super-Heroes Nemesis which previous to Forever Evil was called Super-Villains & Super-Villain Stack

SET UP
Each player gets an Over-Sized Character Card as usual & finds their corresponding Nemesis & places it on top of their Over-Sized Character card. If there is no Nemesis equivalent or First Appearance Attack, the player may randomly choose 1 of the same allegiance (1 additional Nemesis if equivalent Nemesis doesn't have a First Appearance Attack). With an additional Nemesis, treat them as 1, using higher cost value of the two. The Nemesis cost value is your Over-Sized Character's 'health.'

Crisis & Impossible Nemesis cards...
a. can be used
b. cannot be used
c. are optional

The Nemesis Stack is ...
a. then created as usual
b. not used in this version of the game, as players are eachother's Nemesis

ATTACK OTHER PLAYERS
Players may attack a Player on their turn ...
a1. but only one player per turn
a2. but only one player per turn OR choose to attack *'all players at once'
a3. but only just one player per turn AND an attack on *'all players at once'
b1. one at a time (all players, but each player only once per turn)
b2. one at a time (all players, but each player only once per turn), OR choose to attack *'all players at once'
b3. one at a time (all players, but each player only once per turn), AND an attack on *'all players at once'

Attacks on a player can be made in 3 ways:
Attacks can be made with either an "Attack" card or Allies & 1 of the following methods per turn
1. the sum value of the cards in hand
2. an "Attack" card (in hand) adding the Nemesis cost value for a final attack value
3. an "Attack" card, and using the Nemesis First Appearance Attack, attacking *'ALL players at once'

Attack Allies
If an attacking player does not have an "Attack" card, or the defending player has defending Allies, they may ask for attack Allies
If asked players agree, they can assist in the following ways:
1. give attacking player 1 card from their hand to add to the final attack value
2. give attacking player an "Attack" card card by turning over their own Nemesis, disabling it. Attacking player cannot defend against a Counter Attack

DEFEND AGAINST ATTACK
Defense can be made with either a Defense card or with Allies

Defense Allies
If a defending player does not have a "Defense" card, they may ask for defense Allies.
If asked players agree, they can assist in the following ways:
1. give defending player 1 card from their hand to add to the value of the Defending player's Nemesis, in an effort to negate the attacker's attack
2. give the defending player a "Defense" card by turning over their own Nemesis, disabling it. The defending player cannot Counter Attack

FAILED ATTACK/DEFEND AGAINST ATTACKS
All attacks can be defended, unless otherwise specified

Attacking player continues thier turn
Regardless of the outcome of the attack, the attacking player may continue their turn as usual, acquiring/defeating cards on the Line-Up or Nemesis Stack etc. Depending on the option chosen previously, their turn may continue with attacking other players as well.
a. The player may continue using the card played for the failed attack as usual
b. The player must discard the card used for the failed attack

Defending player successfully defends - Counter Attack
After the attacking player completes their turn & draws a new hand, the defending player(s), if successful in defending, may Counter Attack ...
a. when the attack was made to them only (one player at a time), NOT when attacked *'all players at once'
b. any attacks, including attacks made at *'all players at once,' unless otherwise specified somewhere.

Counter Attacks can be made in ...
1. one of the following
2. in the following ways
with ...

a.the sum value of the cards in hand
b. a *First Appearance Attack only
c. an "Attack" card in their hand
d. either an "Attack" card in their hand or their Nemesis *First Appearance Attack
prefer c or d
When a Counter Attack is made, ...
a. the confrontation ends there
b1. the Counter Attack can also be defended against & the confrontation ends
b2. the Counter Attack can also be defended, & the battle can continue back & forth until it's resolved

Allies in a Counter Attack ...
a. cannot be called upon
b. can be called upon

SUCCESSFUL ATTACK
Defending player has NO defense or the attack is successful, then ...
a. the defending player's Nemesis card has been captured
b. the defending player's Over-Sized Character & Nemesis cards are defeated
c. the defending player's Nemesis card has been captured, but they maintain the cost value of their card
as their health. The captured player can be defeated in two ways:
1. Immediately after the defending player is captured, if the attacking player has no discard pile, they
can use their Nemesis *First Appearance attack on the defending player. The defending player is
defeated, under any of the following First Appearance Attack circumstances:
- Attack by a Super-Villain Nemesis requiring an action to move a card from the player's hand
at any point that turn
- Attack by a Super-Villain Nemesis where the defending player receives a Weakness
- Attack where the defending player flips their Over-Sized Character card
2. The defending player is successfully attacked again
Prefer c

CAPTURED
A player's Nemesis can be captured by the attacking player, with the cost value of their Nemesis card.
A captured Nemesis card is...
a. put in the attacking player's discard pile to be used in their deck & hand later
b. set aside & counted towards the player's VP total at the end of the game
c. can be used and put alongside any existing Nemesis card(s) the player has on top of their Over-Sized Character Card (can be *Rescued)
d. placed with the captured Over-Sized Character Card of the attacking player, & used as an additional Over-Sized Character with the one they already have, using both abilities & Nemesis cards (disregard 'd.' if DEFEATED is used)

DEFEATED
Players, can be defeated with the cost value of their Nemesis card. A defeated player loses their Nemesis card to the attacking player, and ...
a. continues without a Nemesis card
b. gets a new Nemesis card
c. puts their Over-Sized Character out of the game & must pick a new Over-Sized Character & Nemesis card
d. their Over-Sized Character & must pick a new Over-Sized Character & Nemesis card. The attacker gains the ability & Nemesis card, receiving double the VP on that Nemesis

Non-Impossible Nemesis cards...
a. can be used
b. cannot be used
c. are optional

RESCUE
A player with a captured Nemesis can rescue it from it's attacker, by 'capturing' it back

RULES FOR GAINING ANOTHER NEMESIS
If there is a Nemesis Stack ...
a. players cannot get more Nemesis when they have been defeated/captured
b. players are limited to the number of Nemesis remaining that are not in the Nemesis
Stack for gaining new Nemesis when defeated/captured

If there is no Nemesis Stack ...
a. each player can only ever have one Nemesis
b. Limit amount of times a player can get a new Nemesis after being
defeated/captured equal to the number that would have been used for the Nemesis Stack
otherwise
eg. If there are usually 8 total in the Nemesis Stack, & there are 4 players, each with a
Nemesis, then a new Nemesis can only be gained 4 times when a player is
defeated/captured

ALL OTHER REGULAR RULES APPLY
End of the Game, a player's Nemesis cards are counted towards a player's VP totals as usual

theLyght4
04-25-2015, 10:01 AM
I have updates, but will stop here ha ha....

Arrojacast
05-04-2015, 02:13 PM
I have updates, but will stop here ha ha....

wow....that is a lot of rules I would like to read but probably won't because I hate reading long stuff in that format.

BenJazz
05-04-2015, 02:27 PM
wow....that is a lot of rules I would like to read but probably won't because I hate reading long stuff in that format.

Agree... Looks interesting but way to long looking. Maybe section it up into different "Variant Rules" so that it is easier to try specific portions first and then let the player work their way to the full shebang.

theLyght4
05-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I don't even want to read it, ha ha.

I actually came up with all of that as I was writing my response, and then continued it elsewhere.
I have crazy options and variations for each step. I kinda wanted to leave it open for the original poster to kinda chime in. Since then I've worked on it and chosen my own options, so there is a version that is much easier to read, without so many variations.

I'm currently working on various stuff for the game, and once I have it all down, and sectioned out more, maybe I can go over it and streamline it a bit. Though what I'm working on now goes beyond this combat mechanic,.. so we'll see if I get to posting it, or maybe I'll split all the mechanics up, and come up with versions that makes sense on their own when added to the base game. We'll see. I've actually been working on this everyday, since my original post. So I've been putting tons of time into it ha ha.

BenJazz
05-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Great to hear. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)