PDA

View Full Version : January VIP cards

Phenteo
12-19-2014, 11:02 AM
December is the last month for alternate art Xentoth’s Inquisitor AA and Menacing Gralk AA prizes in the VIP tournaments.

Starting in January, VIP tournament players will have an opportunity to win alternate art Goremaster and Succulent Cluckodon.

See them here: https://hextcg.com/january-vip-cards/

Axle
12-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Not quite as good cards as the last ones :(. Though maybe HEX Ent knows something we don't after lots of testing.

N3rd4Christ
12-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Go remaster!

Krond
12-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Stoked about that roostasaur. Poor guy is living in Moss's shadow right now, but he'll have his day in the sun.

hex_colin
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Not quite as good cards as the last ones :(. Though maybe HEX Ent knows something we don't after lots of testing.

I think you might be sick of seeing Goremaster after the Blood cup... ;)

N3rd4Christ
12-19-2014, 12:13 PM
I think you might be sick of seeing Goremaster after the Blood cup... ;)

Agree... Go remaster is amazing

ossuary
12-19-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm really surprised the VIP cards weren't Rootfather and Archon. Those seem far more VIP-y to me than Cluckodon and Goremaster. I guess Rootfather and Archon will be in chests, then?

Sadly I won't be playing in the Blood Cup. I can't afford any forges, sight of the sun, azurefate sorceresses, or master mosses, so there's not much point in really trying. I have a feeling the tournament is going to be completely dominated by combo decks and ruby rush decks. Control need not apply. :p

Glae
12-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah. Blood Cup reschedule means no participating. :(

Xenavire
12-19-2014, 01:54 PM
I am not sure how I feel about these AA's. I will try to get a set, but I don't think I will be as upset to miss out if I don't win a set. :p

I frankly find the original arts of both of these to be more appealing to me, but the lure of AA special-ness is strong.

poizonous
12-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah I agree, even if Goremaster does see a ton of play, the cluckodon just seems like a very weak choice for AA

Glae
12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Hopefully this means the other Set 2 Collector AAs will be better than the Set 2 VIP AAs...

benczi
12-22-2014, 05:00 AM
not that exciting, but I actually like the green turkey. it's the perfect answer green needs against aggro decks, and if there will ever be a competitive green ramp deck, this card will definitely be in the sideboard. (i'm thinking later down the line a few years from now ... maybe)

Edit: I'm actually really liking the bird, and it's a dinosaur as well, i'm thinking there has to be somekind of really good wild deck that we're missing based on dinos.

ossuary
12-23-2014, 02:27 PM
The problem is that most of the dinosaurs are sub-optimal compared to other potential candidates, so if you don't hit your one and only Lord card, you're losing out on value every turn. That's the problem with trying to build a Lord deck around a single Lord. Once there are 2 or 4 troops that all give a boost to the rest of the troops in your deck (like orcs and shin'hare already have), Dinos MIGHT be more viable. As it is, if you don't draw your savage lord, you probably just die to someone with better synergy.