PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions: A Borderlands Variant

IzzyOtaku
12-19-2014, 11:49 PM
I love Cryptozoic's deck building games and Im a huge fan of the Borderlands franchise, and pretty much card games are my kryptonite. With all the material laid out for a potentially awesome card game such as the hero's and their specific class of abilities, the tons of weapons, mountains of enemies, allies, , locations, raids, bosses, etc. I think that Cryptozoic could do something beautiful if they got into a partnership with 2K for a Borderlands themed deck-building game.

The idea of a Borderlands card game first popped in my mind when they released the Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition back in 2012 and it came with some collectible cards with amazing looking guns on them and shift codes to unlock said guns in the game underneath. Ever since Ive been wondering is some card variant would come along. I really hope Cryptozoic sees this and at least considers it.

Mac_Apple
12-20-2014, 12:01 AM
I hate to be "the guy", but Borderlands, while very popular, doesn't seem like something that would do well as a card game. There would be too many defined video game mechanics to translate over to the Cerberus Engine. Additionally, either all-new art would have to be commissioned, or it would be made from gameplay screenshots. Which, unfortunately, looks lazy.

Also hating to be "that guy", but with MLP Season 5 coming out next year, and the legions of Bronies, I would even see MLP getting on the system before Borderlands. :/

IzzyOtaku
12-20-2014, 11:36 AM
You would think but all it requires is some thought and creativity, just like any other card game, Ive already imagined exactly how the deck building variant would play out and it seems like it wouldnt be too far off from the Naruto deck building variant by Cryptozoic. Also all the art from any of Cryptozoic's cards in any of their licensed merchandised is brought over from its original. All of the DC cards are art brought in from their original comics, covers, etc., same as with their Bravest Warrior and other stuff, even their Walking Dead stuff is just screenshots so it wouldnt be different at all.

Also MLP means nothing to me as a gamer and less as a deck-builder so I dont really see how it would affect this per say.